Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

enochs extra leg Show full post »
Chack0
John Stones on loan anyone?
https://talksport.com/football/efl/736842/adrian-durham-leeds-john-stones-transfer-news-man-city-marcelo-bielsa/
Tony Currie10

I'd definitely have him but it's not even a rumour yet and just a pundit saying he'd do a great job for us.... 

If we couldn't get White then I'd love Stones on loan, buy Foyth (who will be a great player under Bielsa) and Coops.... maybe not enough domination in the air but all 3 can play football from the back.
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
enochs extra leg

We can only loan 1 player from a club so if we loan Harrison again we cant loan anyone else from citeh 
Steve Bates
Stuani is absolute gash never been a £20m player. Think he scored like 5 or 6 times for Boro
Chack0

We can only loan 1 player from a club so if we loan Harrison again we cant loan anyone else from citeh 

I wasn't aware of this rule.

Does this rule still take effect if there is an obligation to buy the player like I expect the Harrison deal will.

I'd prefer we signed an aerially dominant centrehalf anyway. I've already tipped Pape Abou Cisse (who has been linked to Wolves, Arsenal and West spam).

Bull Thick With Drink
Id be happy with the White/Stones/Cooper/Foyth for a season at the back in the PL.

Stuani seems to score goals where he goes but the premier league is a massive step up from League 2 in Spain.

We need quality upfront, proven quality, we cant afford to gamble in this position imho every team that has been relegated from the PL has struggled to scored goals that season and for me its the one department that is average at best for chances converted. Saw a stat that we lie 74th out of 94 english league teams clubs for converted chances. 74th?? THAT SIMPLY WONT BE GOOD ENOUGH NEXT YEAR
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

LeedsPremChamps2020
Chack0 wrote:

I wasn't aware of this rule.

Does this rule still take effect if there is an obligation to buy the player like I expect the Harrison deal will.

I'd prefer we signed an aerially dominant centrehalf anyway. I've already tipped Pape Abou Cisse (who has been linked to Wolves, Arsenal and West spam).

loan rule is one max from any club, 2 max in squad, 4 max over season.

i think this will have a huge bearing on our transfer business and speed of deals because we need to get the other loan spot on!
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Tony Currie10
That's why I can't understand why we're not getting Harrison now therefore freeing up 2 loans?

I know the pros and cons of the deal, as much as an outsider can, but I feel this must be Citehs stance to have a look at him in the Prem.... they could easily send him elsewhere otherwise. 
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
PapaSmurf
I don't think we are looking at loans. Most of the deals will be for cash. If there's another loan, I'd imagine it will be a GK. Given we have already sorted out Costa, Meslier and Harrison, the next priority is whether we can tie up a deal for White or move to the next target CB. That leaves a FW, a FB and an attacking midfielder to sign.
Chack0
That's why I can't understand why we're not getting Harrison now therefore freeing up 2 loans?

I know the pros and cons of the deal, as much as an outsider can, but I feel this must be Citehs stance to have a look at him in the Prem.... they could easily send him elsewhere otherwise. 

I'd assume it's financial reasoning. On loan we would only be paying a percentage of his 50k a week wages. Once signed he would likely want a pay rise so we'd be paying 55k+ per week. So if he signs on a 4 year deal, once you add the transfer fee on (say 9m) then the overall deal is costing over £20 million.

Soopaleeds
It's got a lot to do with cashflow. If we loan Harrison then £8M today can go towards another signing. If we buy him then that cash has left the building.
The loan allows us to have our cake and eat it so to speak until next season (we get Harrison plus another £8M signing) when we'd have better financial security post COVID and second season, PLUS we still have rights to buy.
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
1972Glory
Being honest, I have not seen enough of John Stones to make a qualified opinion. He seems to get plenty of positive comments from around the various pundits, so presumably he is a decent player. Does beg the question that if he is as good as touted, why is he available?
Bull Thick With Drink
And to be fair Glory Stones has had a few "watching the ball" moments in games especially prior to Christmas so he is far from the finished article that the BBC pundits make him out to be.

bite your legs
There'll be one marquee signing and the rest will be young players with potential, Bielsa loves developing young talent. The under 23s will be strengthened moving on a few of the present squad.
thevoiceofreason
There'll be one marquee signing and the rest will be young players with potential, Bielsa loves developing young talent. The under 23s will be strengthened moving on a few of the present squad.

If we sign Almada,it will be like a 2 in 1 signing.... a marquee signing with potential 😎
thevoiceofreason
I reckon we had the right idea with the Nketiah signing,but it was a failed experiment because he was never going to be our player and just like with the Jack Clarke scenario,Bielsa ultimately didn't want to work with a player who was never going to sign permanently... But like I said,it was the right idea so I reckon we will be in the market for a young up and coming striker who will play 2nd fiddle to Bamford whilst being coached and hopefully moulded into a star of the future by Bielsa.... 👍
PapaSmurf
I reckon we had the right idea with the Nketiah signing,but it was a failed experiment because he was never going to be our player and just like with the Jack Clarke scenario,Bielsa ultimately didn't want to work with a player who was never going to sign permanently... But like I said,it was the right idea so I reckon we will be in the market for a young up and coming striker who will play 2nd fiddle to Bamford whilst being coached and hopefully moulded into a star of the future by Bielsa.... 👍

Joe Gelhardt fits that description, and is very affordable.
thevoiceofreason
PapaSmurf wrote:

Joe Gelhardt fits that description, and is very affordable.

If we get someone like him in and not have to break the bank for him,then we hopefully have plenty of cash to fund a quality understudy/ eventual replacement for Pablo and also a quality CB to replace White if we fail to get him back....👍

And we preferably need those 3 in place before pre-season starts,so Then Bielsa has a full month to work with them... 
PapaSmurf

If we get someone like him in and not have to break the bank for him,then we hopefully have plenty of cash to fund a quality understudy/ eventual replacement for Pablo and also a quality CB to replace White if we fail to get him back....👍

And we preferably need those 3 in place before pre-season starts,so Then Bielsa has a full month to work with them... 

That makes sense to me, spend the big money on White or his replacement, and also on somebody younger to take the burden off Pablo. Depending on whether we have to pay Leipzig what's asked for Augustin will dictate if we have any shrapnel left over for a full  back.
The Dukes Guts
The JKA saga is interesting and it’s probably in the lawyer’s hands at the moment. I thought there was a commitment to buy if we were promoted but the extended season due to Covid through a spanner in the works and JKA didn’t cover himself in glory with his injuries so it’s anyone’s guess how this will end up
Bull Thick With Drink
The JKA saga is a minefield for me. Linking a potential signing to a promotion i can understand but surely that should be based upon the player actually playing a certain amount of game time.

JKA took to the pitch 3 times got about 20mins versus forest 8th Feb, about a quarter of an hour 3 days later against brentford and 4 days later 15th Feb had another 15 mins in the Brizzle game, thats it (on the pitch) max 50 mins. From the 8th Feb to the 15 Feb played 50mins (3 games) and was in the squad the following week but didnt come off the bench when we beat reading on 22nd Feb in Elland Road. So playing for anyone for less than 1 Hour (with 15 games left in a season) commits a club to sign someone if they got promoted, surely we had to have a clause that the player had to at least contribute to the run in???

But id still wonder how did he pass an LUFC medical?

Chack0
Leeds United are planning two English signings - Everton midfielder Fabian Delph, 30, and Tottenham full-back Danny Rose, 30 - as boss Marcelo Bielsa looks for players with Premier League experience before their top-flight return. (Star)

Stinks of lazy journalism to me.
Wouldn't go near Danny Rose. 60k a week with questionable mentality and best years behind him.
Delph on 80k a week. We are going to pay that for him to be cover for Kalvin.
They will be reporting Milner and Aaron Lennon next....
bite your legs

If we sign Almada,it will be like a 2 in 1 signing.... a marquee signing with potential 😎
bite your legs
Err if you're a marquee signing you've already realised you're potential.
   Centre Back wise last pre season I'd never heard of Ben White but what a player, 
   There's a lot of good reports about Casey and Cresswel coming out of the club,
     Maybe one of them or both might be ready to step up?
PapaSmurf
I would bite your legs to sign Almeda.

I'd say Stuijk will step into the Berardi position in the squad. Casey is comiong of age, but think Cresswell is still a year or two off being ready.
LeedsPremChamps2020
If Struijk is playing the Beradi role, who plays the Struijk role when Kalvin is suspended/injured if he is in use elsewhere?
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
PapaSmurf
If Struijk is playing the Beradi role, who plays the Struijk role when Kalvin is suspended/injured if he is in use elsewhere?

It's no different to White covering for Phillips, and Beradi playing at the back, only this time it's Struijk covering CB and DCM. There's still the same number of personnel. We move from Cooper, White, Berardi to Cooper, Vacant, Struijk. In short, you still have the same number of players covering the same positions.
icelandic white
This story is in Icelandic media today about Icelandic National player

National team player Hjörtur Hermannsson, who plays with Bröndby in the top division of Denmark, could play in the English Premier League, according to sources in the media The Athletic.

Vísir draws attention to an article in The Athletic which discusses what the football club Leeds can do to make the team good enough for the top division of England. Leeds recently secured a place in the top division and the team will probably try to get players who can help them stay there.

Defender Ben White, who played every minute for Leeds in the final season, was discussed. He was at Leeds on loan from Brighton and it could well be that Brighton want to keep the defender. However, Brighton were buying a new defender and Leeds could possibly sign White next season as well.

An article in The Athletic states, however, that if Leeds' purchase of White does not work out, then Leeds have another player to sign. It is precisely he Hjörtur Hermannsson. "He's good with the ball and he's similar to White when it comes to defense."

PapaSmurf
I love the name Hjörtur Hermannsson, I would buy that shirt.
BB
Hjörtur Hermannsson - seems to be too injury prone. Is that right Iceman?
BB
batty4
TOO MUCH TALK AND NO ACTION!
EFL IS CORRUPT
Chack0
Malik Wilks linked to various Championship clubs. Do we have a sell on clause? 
icelandic white
BB wrote:
Hjörtur Hermannsson - seems to be too injury prone. Is that right Iceman?

No i don't think so
bite your legs
Liked the look of Martinelli the Arsenal keeper we are supposed to be interested in.
Soopaleeds
I'm impressed with your vision... Martinelli  plays outfield and he didn't play today.....

😈
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
bite your legs
Well what ever they call the Arsenal keeper then. 
Soopaleeds
To be fair now that he's playing for Arsenal I doubt we'll get close to him - Romero next on the list....
Tony Currie10
One of our alleged striker targets, Edsonne Edouard, is just starting for Celtic against the might of Hamilton Academical on Sky Sports ....

We'll soon see if he's worth the reputed 40m!!!!👍⚽
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

BB
We wont be spending £40 million on a player, particularly one seeking £100k per week which would disrupt squad harmony. Most of our key players will see their salaries bumped up to £50k-£55k per week next season in the Prem. This is the level we will pay any new players.

Not sure what the budget MB will be given but the PRem will be worth at least £120million (TV + sponsorship) to LUFC even if we finish in last place. The EFL was probably worth around £10million on the same basis so our nett gain is £110 million. Then we have to take out £20million in bonuses for getting to the Prem, £20million for Meslier and Cost, £2million loan fee for Harrison, £25 million in increased wages, £10million in stadium upgrades which leave us with about £33million + any income we can get on player sales/loans. If we need a CB, DCM, No.10 and Striker then we are not going to pay top dollar.

I can see Brighton getting Ben to sign a new 4 year deal at £50k per week, then loaning him to us for a £5million fee with us picking up all of his wages. So it is vital we keep Kiko. He is only costing us £2million per year. New keeper would be a fee of probably £5million with wages of even more. Kiko is more than capable of playing in the Prem so why waste money replacing him?

That leaves us with £28 million for a CB (Struijk can replace Beradi and Cresswell is more than good enough to step up so 2 not needed) a DCM, a No.10 (to help Pablo as we need creativity) and a striker. Not a lot of money really so expect signings coming from South America.
BB
PapaSmurf
Excellent post BB, some of the rumours going around are absurd in the current financial environment. The other factor we need to mitigate against is the probablility there will be no income coming from the gate. The likes of Gelhardt and Larouchi shouldn't caommand massive fees or wages and should be the types of players I expect Orta to be aiming to sign. I would still push the boat out a bit on Ben White as he can slot in seemlessly and can only get better. That just leaves the playmaker  which Benrahma or Erze could both fit the role. Once, the play off final is over, we should know better whether Benrahma will be available or not.
Tony Currie10
Does this mean that we will be signing Cavani and Zlatan.... 
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

thevoiceofreason
Nice Hat-trick from Edouard... 🤔

Sign him up Orta.... 😁
Kingcurrie
I read an article which implied that most of our signings would be from these shores.
Apparently, Bielsa likes this approach as they are familiar with English football, and he isn't convinced that so called "champagne" signings are necessary. 
This is one of the many reasons why I have so much respect for this man.
bite your legs
Soopaleeds wrote:
To be fair now that he's playing for Arsenal I doubt we'll get close to him - Romero next on the list....

He's out of contract this summer. 
Dessip
Why would we keep Kiko? He’s under contract, decent age and surely would command a fee of circa 3-5m?

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
icelandic white
Rumor on Hjörtur Hermannsson is getting stronger here in Iceland

Leeds are said to have set aside £ 2.3 million for Hjört
National team defender Hjörtur Hermannsson is said to be in charge of Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa for next season in the English Premier League.

The Athletic reported last week, but Hjörtur is playing for Bröndby in Denmark.

Hjörtur is said to have a similar style of play to center-back Ben White, who played for Leeds on loan from Brighton last season. White has now returned to Brighton and Bielsa wants to fill his gap.

Hjörtur is 25 years old, raised Fylkismaður, and has played with Bröndby since 2016. He also has fourteen national games for Iceland. Bröndby is said to be ready to sell him and there is talk in the Dutch media that Leeds have set aside £ 2.3 million for him.

The online media The Boot Room covers the reaction of Leeds fans to the news, but Vísir drew attention to the article.

One of the supporters quoted writes: "If he is good enough for Bielsa, then he is good enough for me."
Danish Leeds Fan

Just checked up on Hjörtur Hermannsson on a Brøndby forum. Their fans are not too worried to let him go: he’s considered a reserve player, and has shown very little improvement during his time, there.

However, if Bielsa wants him..... we all know how Bielsa can see something in players that others cannot, and transform them to his and the team’s exact needs.

BB
Sorry, this smacks as being a signing like Laurens de Bock. When fans write you off, there is a reason. MB may be a miracle worker but you must have some talent in the first place.
BB
Bull Thick With Drink
I see QPR want £20m for Eze

Turned down the £12m Palace bid for him

I think Eze has untapped talent and with guidance from Maestro Marcelo he could be a tasty little signing. £12m seemed a bit low to me but is he worth TWENTY?? 

split it and offer £15m if QPR reject that tell them goodbye, or our next offer will be lower.

Tony Currie10
Yeah would love Eze and sure he'll move somewhere as QPR just got Izzy Brown as his replacement.... 

We have Brentwood v Fulham tonight and I'd definitely take a few players from the losing side.... 

I fear for Brentwood if they do stay down and their best players will be moving on.... I'll put a little outside bet that they'll get relegated next season. 

Brentwood players I'd bid for:

Pontus.... a quality player on his day. Sure it wouldn't happen though.

Benerhama.... would bring same qualities as Eze. 

Watkins.... getting better and better and could have got him from Yeovil(?) a couple of seasons ago for a couple of mill. 

Fulham players I'd bid for :

Hector.... quality CB, definitely Premier quality and plays from the back. 

Bryan.... nearly got him a couple of seasons ago and would sort out LB slot. 

Harrison Reed.... would push Kalvin but think Southampton will want him back from loan. 

Knockeart.... always getting crosses in and cutting in from right and shooting. Only just signed on a perm for them though. 

Mitrovic.... great goalscorer but probably wouldn't fit in with the Bamford workrate or attitude! 
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION