Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

andyl
Well folks what’s your take over last 16 years. Here’s a few of my thoughts.

Relegation from the Prem.

Was’nt a shock when it finally came but it hurt badly. Ridsdale was a financial moron, inexcusable in his position.

Watford playoff final.

Who knew this would be the closest we would get for a decade and a half.

The Hairy Devil

Ken fecking Bates. Took us into administration when he promised the opposite. Premiership prices in the first division and bled us dry for years. Shudder......

That -15 points season.

Despite the obvious low of the penalty and the fact that most clubs voted to hamstring us, the reducing of that gap was incredible.
Of course the low came in more playoff woes

That cup win.

What a performance. Could we keep it up.....

Promotion at last

That cup win nearly derailed things. Clear at Christmas, the expectations weighed heavily. What a game v Bristol Rovers. In the Kop that day.

Midtable Mediocrity 

The poorest Arabs in the world, Hockaday, a mad Italian, a Leeds hating manager, ( well two actually ), some of the worst football in decades, the nearly constant threat of not reaching the magical 50 points mark, 14th in league and looking lost and rudderless. And then......

The magician arrives.

TBH, who saw this coming? I didn’t know of him. Turning a bunch of midtable no hopers into the best footballing side by a long chalk was incredible. That first home game against Stoke was unbelievable. Few could believe it. Despite his revolution more f.ecking playoff heartbreak.
This seasons determination shone through. Sky did it’s level best to keep us down by making us play after everyone else but the club handled the pressure.

Bielsa, a humble man, a truly remarkable man. The true saviour of our clubs heart and soul.

It’s been emotional 😭
Belgiantoo
Very well put Andyl
Emotional it certainly was. Ups and Downs.
Here's to a good few more UPS!
Chack0
No doubt the last 16 years have been hard.
Some horrific downs... selling Smith to Man Utd hit me hard to start off with. Play off heart breaks. Bankruptcy, administration, multiple points deductions, relegation to 3rd tier. Selling every talented player that came through our academy. Having some truly dire players and managers. Cellino. The morally wrong and controversial preseason tour of Burma. Losing to teams like Hereford live on national TV. Playing some of the dullest, boring painful to watch football. Losing to Shef Utd who leapfrog us and steal automatic promotion then going on to be the first team ever to lose play off semis when winning the away leg first. Losing 5-0 to Blackpool was another hard one for me being from Blackpool myself I'm still living that one down. 
But we also had some highs.... Beating Man Utd 1-0 in their back yard when we were a 3rd tier team, the siege mentality winning streak, promotion from League one on the last day of season when it looked like we were gonna blow it, still having massive attendances even when in 3rd tier showing the world the loyalty of our supporters, cult heroes like Beckford, Kisnorbo and Phillips. Bielsa, Bielsa ball - the best football I have ever seen us play. and finally... our mighty return to where we belong, the Premier League. MoT x
icelandic white
Very well put mate
batty4
We've had our ups and downs--ups and downs!
EFL IS CORRUPT
1972Glory
Chack0 wrote:
No doubt the last 16 years have been hard.
Some horrific downs... selling Smith to Man Utd hit me hard to start off with. Play off heart breaks. Bankruptcy, administration, multiple points deductions, relegation to 3rd tier. Selling every talented player that came through our academy. Having some truly dire players and managers. Cellino. The morally wrong and controversial preseason tour of Burma. Losing to teams like Hereford live on national TV. Playing some of the dullest, boring painful to watch football. Losing to Shef Utd who leapfrog us and steal automatic promotion then going on to be the first team ever to lose play off semis when winning the away leg first. Losing 5-0 to Blackpool was another hard one for me being from Blackpool myself I'm still living that one down. 
But we also had some highs.... Beating Man Utd 1-0 in their back yard when we were a 3rd tier team, the siege mentality winning streak, promotion from League one on the last day of season when it looked like we were gonna blow it, still having massive attendances even when in 3rd tier showing the world the loyalty of our supporters, cult heroes like Beckford, Kisnorbo and Phillips. Bielsa, Bielsa ball - the best football I have ever seen us play. and finally... our mighty return to where we belong, the Premier League. MoT x

To be fair to Smithy, Man Utd were the only club that could deal with us in cash to the tune of £7m, other clubs were on the radar but because our board had well and truly screwed us up, there was no other option but to accept and I thought it was pretty unfair that Smithy was labelled in the same breath as the money grabbing Judas's of Ferdinand and Kewell. Downs - Going to Wembley 3 times and coming back empty handed, Aston Villa, Watford & Rotherham. Being at the last home game of the season in the Premiership and signing our hearts out even though they were broken. Looking like a complete laughing stock as the merry-go round of managers went on and on. Highs - Being at ER for the final game against Bristol Rovers that got us into the Championship (and nearly gave me heart failure) putting £10 bet on Leeds beating Man Utd in FA Cup 3rd round at Old Trafford. Sitting down and chatting with Peter Lorimer and Carl Shutt at one of the home games and everything that has happened in the last 2 years and that includes the disappointment of last season. Some of the football we have played has been an absolute joy to watch and I cannot wait for next season. MOT
Kingcurrie
Lows (apart from the playoff finals)

Ken Bates.

Ipswich at home....on the pitch.

Sean Gregan.

Cheltenham doing the double over us.

Milwall at home in playoff semis.

Sacking McCallister.

Giving up my season ticket when heckingbottom was in charge.

Highs (apart from promotion)

Beckford 

-15 seige mentallity

Howsons last minute winner in semis at Carlisle.

Old Trafford

Being able to get tickets.
Soopaleeds
Biggest lows for me?

Ownership

Ridsdale
Bates
GFH
Mad Massimo

They were the architects of so much of the misery at management level and on the field.

Highs?

The defiance of all that was failing behind the scenes to give us the Beckford FA Cup moment, the promotion from League 1 - and of course the grit and loyalty of the fans through it all
And finally getting ownership right - thank you Radz
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Bull Thick With Drink
Lows
Bates
play-off defeats
relegation to L1

Highs
Beckford on the 3rd Jan - at manures place
The 91 points won in the third tier
2 Promotions
Marcelo's way (and backroom staff)
Radz
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo]