Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #101 
So is he sole owner or is anyone in myanmar involved?
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #102 
So if AR knows the value of buying La Liga rights for the UK, surely he knows the value of LUFC being in the Prem?

And with his other TV deals, live streaming of a successful LUFC in Asia could be worth hundreds and hundreds of millions

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #103 
Am i the only one left that still has faith in Radz?

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #104 
No mate. I'm there.

When everyone was doubting him he bought Roberts and Forshaw

Our luck neither played much if at all but the quality and both young and British and in turn expensive

As Marsh has just tweeted last night

Football is used as an escape from all of life's shi-te, so give all the downbeat utterly depressed morons a swerve.

Our squad needs work but they're definitely building from the bottom. Youth

T1og

New Signing
Reply with quote  #105 
No Batty4 your not he,s a businessman and it would seem a damn good one .I think he will have learned from this season's mistakes and do better in the transfer window this time around.
Im not saying we will be top 2 next season but I do expect to be in the top 6 
As BB says he knows the value of LUFC being in the Prem and I still believe he has every intention of getting us there 
KEEP THE FATH MOT

Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #106 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4

over the last few months, Rad has lost a lot of support and this trip to Myanmar hasnt help him at all

big, big summer for him and Orta, 

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #107 
Agree Sheppey. Here's hoping.
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #108 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUID
Agree Sheppey. Here's hoping.

i dont think Radz can afford another repeat this summer, if he fuks this up again, i can see the supporters turning on him - more then they already are

go big or go home, its time

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #109 
I haven't given up on him at all. Don't get me wrong he has made mistakes but hey he's learning the trade so to speak and has been quite badly advised I feel.

You have to give him chance to see how he learns from his mistakes. We all make them and its not the making of mistakes that's bad , its the failing to learn from them that's criminal. This tour is his biggest mistake in my eyes but if its used to convey a message of peace and unity then its not a bad thing entirely. Here's hoping for an exciting pre season  
enochs extra leg

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #110 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4

Me too mate.this season was an expriment to see if he could do it on the cheap,looked fuckin sexy after 6 games......but he needs to have a big summer transfer window,minimum 5 1st team starters needed
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #111 
I’m still with him. I ain’t gonna turn at every opportunity. As just said. He’s learning on his feet. Don’t mix politics with sport! At the height of the troubles in NI I went to see my team play Glentoran for their centenary. As catholic I cared not a jot. I was watching LUFC end of.. it will be blown up(excuse the pun) cos it’s us. If we get lots of dollar and it helps the club all well and good. Is anyone suggesting England should boycott This World Cup or the next? No.
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Kingcurrie

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #112 
It's a yes from me.........for now.
Daniel2

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #113 
It does not matter who we bring in players wise until we have a game structure and the the players understand it. Since Christmas we have looked extremely preschool playground-esk.

Kinnear is working on building our club commercially which includes bring money in to make things easier for squad management.

It is Orta that needs to get things correct and that is buying better suited players. The way we have recruited for the under 23's is correct for next year and beyond but now he needs to work on now type players..

So what role does RADZ play? He has not closed the purse strings as clearly shown by the purchases he has funded. In my eyes he is doing his job.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #114 
I think Gabrielle said it best when she said -

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

I still believe, but my God this season has been annoying, we have fallen apart again ( as the joy division song doesn't say).

I think he should have a fans group that advises him on club activities.
" radz mate, that badge, bit shi.t"
"Radz mate, Maynmar , bit wrong"
"Radz mate, Heckingbottom, bit Sh. It"
"Radz mate, orta, wtf"
"Radz mate, Grot, urm yeh grot"

Apart from making baffling decisions that have again left us fans short changed again this season and likely next season, I am still with him. My expectations have finally been lowered to the level that staying in the championship is acceptable.

I don't really know what point I am trying to make here, I think the fact that there will be fans that stay to clap the players tomorrow says it all.
Players, overpaid, under performing, still reeling from being bullied by millwall in September.
Are we fans or fluffers. Tickling the players bo.llo.cks in the hope they perform. I for one won't be fluffing .

Unofficial Favourite Poster 2017
Reply with quote  #115 
 Ive faith in Radz lets hope he gets it right over the summer.

If not then im afraid my faith will dwindle into the oblivion.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #116 
Rumours suggest that investment is coming into the club - a takeover or someone buying a percentage? I suspect the latter. That might make all the difference next season re player investment - but I truly believe that nothing will change in terms of on-the-field progress until Orta is either dismissed or given a completely different role (away from the 1st team).
Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #117 
Hard to figure out what Radrizzani's true wealth is.

If one of his companies has just outbid Sky then that suggests he's minted

He currently owns us, a potential jackpot if he gets us up. To go all Cellino and try ease the burden by selling a portion suggests otherwise
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #118 
AR is staying very quiet of late . Next few days should bring some clarity I hope . The tour is another unnecessary distraction.
Miles

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #119 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridsdales Goldfish
Hard to figure out what Radrizzani's true wealth is. If one of his companies has just outbid Sky then that suggests he's minted He currently owns us, a potential jackpot if he gets us up. To go all Cellino and try ease the burden by selling a portion suggests otherwise

But it was 'only' £18 million to outbid Sky, wasn't it? A good move on his part.

He's already probably invested the best part of £100 million into the club, so I can see him wanting outside investment to take us forward. Orta is the stumbling block - I can only hope that anyone who injects cash into the club will do so on the proviso that he's moved away from 1st team recruitment!
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #120 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snoddy Weather Man
I think Gabrielle said it best when she said -

Dreams can come true
Look at me babe I'm with you
You know you gotta have hope
You know you gotta be strong

I still believe, but my God this season has been annoying, we have fallen apart again ( as the joy division song doesn't say).

I think he should have a fans group that advises him on club activities.
" radz mate, that badge, bit shi.t"
"Radz mate, Maynmar , bit wrong"
"Radz mate, Heckingbottom, bit Sh. It"
"Radz mate, orta, wtf"
"Radz mate, Grot, urm yeh grot"

Apart from making baffling decisions that have again left us fans short changed again this season and likely next season, I am still with him. My expectations have finally been lowered to the level that staying in the championship is acceptable.

I don't really know what point I am trying to make here, I think the fact that there will be fans that stay to clap the players tomorrow says it all.
Players, overpaid, under performing, still reeling from being bullied by millwall in September.
Are we fans or fluffers. Tickling the players bo.llo.cks in the hope they perform. I for one won't be fluffing .

I might be a tad optimistic here,but if Rad gets his act together this summer and brings in players like Bartley and Marriott.... Maybe then,Yazz said it best with; "The only way is up"
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #121 
Yep
Things can only get better
Steve Bates

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #122 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles

But it was 'only' £18 million to outbid Sky, wasn't it? A good move on his part.

He's already probably invested the best part of £100 million into the club, so I can see him wanting outside investment to take us forward. Orta is the stumbling block - I can only hope that anyone who injects cash into the club will do so on the proviso that he's moved away from 1st team recruitment!

I think it was something in the region of £54 million.He sold his old media company for £450m and people assume that's the sum of his wealth.I suggest it's on a portion of it...how a big a portion is anyone's guess but he will coin it in from the LA liga deal.
Daniel2

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #123 
Does Radz not still own a % of MP & Silva?
Isn't Radz still a board member at MP & Silver?
Isn't Radz on the board of the company (Baofeng) who bought shares in MP & Silver?
Before selling 65% of MP & Silver the company made a profit of 600m the year before. How much went to Radz?

Think there maybe a few other companies he is involved in and make me wonder how much time he spend with our club and how much he leaves to Kinnear, Orta, Bravo.
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #124 
this isnt going to stop those new TOMA rumours. £9 million injection of cash from investors in the last week

[Dc1P3oEWsAAECS5] 

Unofficial Favourite Poster 2017
Reply with quote  #125 
 Nice find Sheppy.

Good news then.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #126 
No it is probably a simple cash injection by AR to cover costs until the new season starts.

Monies from ST sales do not get given to the club until games are played, as far as I understand.

If shares were sold to another investor, there would have been the need to get FL approval first and no-one has heard any rumorous of a buyer so I would discount that.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #127 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
No it is probably a simple cash injection by AR to cover costs until the new season starts.

Monies from ST sales do not get given to the club until games are played, as far as I understand.

If shares were sold to another investor, there would have been the need to get FL approval first and no-one has heard any rumorous of a buyer so I would discount that.

rumours have been around for weeks saying Radz has sold between 10 and 20% to an American investor.

EDIT: Exclusive - Leeds United set for cash injection as Andrea Radrizzani prepares to sell minority

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/exclusive-leeds-united-set-for-cash-injection-as-radrizzani-prepares-to-sell-minority-stake-1-9158804

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #128 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotamancinreno
[ipm54l][grin-smiley-emoticon][comp]   Yeah Radz is a chancer , he hasnt got a fortune and is trying to make a quick buck and move on!!!  Wait a minute he's just outbid Sky for La Liga...silence...........[thumb]

outbid? it cost 18 million.  SKY aren't arse-d about it.

ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #129 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thackleywhite

outbid? it cost 18 million.  SKY aren't arse-d about it.

Hey Bantamman how you doing? Sky tell you that personally then?

& DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #130 
Sky were paying £18 million a season,Eleven sports has secured it for 3 seasons... so he paid at least £54 million.....
Daniel2

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #131 
So he is selling 10% for 9 million to a company he himself is a chairmen of?
Is this right?
So is it a way around the Income spending rule allowing him more room this transfer periond?
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #132 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel2
So he is selling 10% for 9 million to a company he himself is a chairmen of?
Is this right?
So is it a way around the Income spending rule allowing him more room this transfer periond?

I wonder if this was how Wolves got around the FFP to pay over £15 million for Neves.....
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #133 
He did say he asked the questions about Wolves because if it was legal then he would do it himself!
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #134 
This is what most fans seem to forget sometimes (me included).... That even if your owner is filthy rich,he can't just go and buy a player for 10-15 million.. because FFP doesn't allow it.... so he has to go out and find investors or loopholes to make money available for transfers without breaking FFP rules.....
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #135 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel2
So he is selling 10% for 9 million to a company he himself is a chairmen of? Is this right? So is it a way around the Income spending rule allowing him more room this transfer periond?

it sounds like he is selling the shares to an american or at least somebody based in America

doesnt his mates from MP Silva work out of American and current own Miami?

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #136 
No this is him transferring cash from one of his companies to another
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #137 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
No this is him transferring cash from one of his companies to another

it isn't, no money has changed hands, its Greenfield LTD, the company that owns us, converting a debt Leeds owe them, into shares - (Leeds are owned by Greenfield, which is owned by ASER, which is owned by Radz)

Greenfield converts money owe to them by the club into Shares
they sales the shares - rumoured to be a foreign investor
they gets there money(the debt) back

im assuming and it only a guess, the debt, is the money Radz put in to paid of GFH

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #138 
That's what I said not a new investor
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #139 
Bbc Leeds quotes a insider as saying all monies from season tickets and merchandise sales will go into the transfer kity
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #140 
So get spending you lot
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #141 
Quote:
Bbc Leeds quotes a insider as saying all monies from season tickets and merchandise sales will go into the transfer kity

Any funds generated this summer - from season ticket sales, retail sales and any form of investment would go directly into the transfer fund to allow us to be competitive next season.”

still not an investor?

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #142 
Quote:

Kinear said that back along, amounts to about 10 million I think

Administrator
Reply with quote  #143 
San Francisco 49ers making a come back?!?!?

a since deleted post on the 49ers official wepgage, saying they will become a minority investor in Leeds United with Paraag Marathe, president of 49ers Enterprises and executive vice president of football operations, joining the Leeds board of directors.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #144 
Saw that Rids . Didn't Massimo flirt with them previously ? The York family have very deep pockets - we can loan the likes of Grot and Berardi to their team for consultancy purposes ;-)
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #145 
on our O/S now

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/23401/san-francisco-49ers-enterprises-become-minority-investor

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #146 
I like the way the new investor describes Leeds United as "storied", " I could tell thee a tale or two old cock ! ".
Could be good news this if the funds do as stated go on transfers.
If we have money then I am sorry Heck but I would rather trust a seasoned manager with it. If we don't have money then stick with Heck, IMO.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #147 
With money and an experienced tinkerman owner at the helm all things are possible...…...its happened all over football ...why not with Leeds? …..maybe its our turn...……..[grin-smiley-emoticon]

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #148 
York family? Umm now this is interesting if true. Which member of the family is it?
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #149 
New member of the board - show us the money going to be invested in quality players
Steve Bates

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #150 
York family?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.