Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 5     «   Prev   2   3   4   5
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #201 
I think Bielsa actually said he didn’t think some of the players can perform to that level again. That’s different to’ the squad can’t keep up that level ‘. If we are bringing in 3/4 new players they are probably to replace the ones he thinks can’t do it consistently?
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #202 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotamancinreno
I think Bielsa actually said he didn’t think some of the players can perform to that level again. That’s different to’ the squad can’t keep up that level ‘. If we are bringing in 3/4 new players they are probably to replace the ones he thinks can’t do it consistently?

Yup, and I suspect it's one player in particular, namely Hernandez. 
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #203 
Quite possibly yes. Maybe Forshaw but did he hit the heights really?
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #204 
Just my thoughts but I got the impression that MB was basing his season on the skills of Saiz and Hernandez
Saiz went and Hernandez couldn’t fulfil that crucial midfield role due to his age etc.
It’s no coincidence we failed st the end when he ran out of steam.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #205 
IMO it was the injuries that cost us last year. Too many players never really getting the chance to shine because they were out for significant periods.

I am convinced Bamford or Roofe would have got 25+ if they had stayed fit all season and Forshaw would have been immense too if it were not for the injuries.

Administrator
Reply with quote  #206 
im not going to lie, Radz is losing me, and i think he is hiding behind FFP

we have pretty much-sold anyone who can move this summer and made 3 loan signing, Derby have just signed Bielik for 10m - 

something isn't adding up at the moment

New Signing
Reply with quote  #207 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppey
im not going to lie, Radz is losing me, and i think he is hiding behind FFP

we have pretty much-sold anyone who can move this summer and made 3 loan signing, Derby have just signed Bielik for 10m - 

something isn't adding up at the moment

It is to me Sheppey he's cleaning house getting everything ready for the off

Our club looks ripe for some to walk into
No long contracts to deal with no deadwood to move on or very little
Season tickets and gold memberships sorted out so they know pretty much what rev will be coming through the turnstiles

Him already linked with clubs back in he's him land
I may be well off the sent here but that's how it looks to me
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #208 
Same here Sheppey (not exactly a give away), not doubting he had to clean up a big mess left behind by previous owners.
But window after window has been the same, sell our best, hardly invest anything in players.
Promotion was there for the taking and still decided to sit on their hands and hoping we would cross the line on the cheap.

Record ST-sales, bumper crowds at ER, extended and new sponsorhip/corporate deals, tv-coverage (incl. indirect revenue)...
As you, me and others point out numbers just don't add up.

Talks of having ambition but shows far less than most teams in this division. 
I'm afraid that if results go against us, he'll get plenty of flack from the fans.

Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #209 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgiantoo
Same here Sheppey (not exactly a give away), not doubting he had to clean up a big mess left behind by previous owners.
But window after window has been the same, sell our best, hardly invest anything in players.
Promotion was there for the taking and still decided to sit on their hands and hoping we would cross the line on the cheap.

Record ST-sales, bumper crowds at ER, extended and new sponsorhip/corporate deals, tv-coverage (incl. indirect revenue)...
As you, me and others point out numbers just don't add up.

Talks of having ambition but shows far less than most teams in this division. 
I'm afraid that if results go against us, he'll get plenty of flack from the fans.

can only think this was bigger than he thought, he came with the right ambitions, but the money he was willing to spend could match it

Radz isn't just covering the club for FFP, with the sales, he's covering his own ar5e knowing what he's lost already and stands to lose 

New Signing
Reply with quote  #210 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppey

can only think this was bigger than he thought, he came with the right ambitions, but the money he was willing to spend could match it

Radz isn't just covering the club for FFP, with the sales, he's covering his own ar5e knowing what he's lost already and stands to lose 

Mmmmm, coming round to your way of thinking, especially if we don't bring anyone else in, however i do expect at least 2 signings, hopefully in the areas we need them. NO MORE luxury players!!! If we had a Steve Gibson type who puts everything into the club, not thinking of how much i can make out of the club, then i think last year we would have pissed this league.l
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #211 
just re-read this article from Feb  - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6744535/Leeds-sold-fail-win-promotion-Premier-League.html

New Signing
Reply with quote  #212 
Quote:

Says everything we need to know
T1og

New Signing
Reply with quote  #213 
ANDREA RADRIZZANI INTERVIEW
Andrea Radrizzani: New Qatar investor ‘can get Leeds up to level of Man City’
Andrea Radrizzani tells Martyn Ziegler that he is considering three offers for stake in club

Martyn Ziegler, Chief Sports Reporter
October 14 2019, 12:01am, The Times

Radrizzani insists that whatever happens at Leeds he wants to remain involved
Radrizzani insists that whatever happens at Leeds he wants to remain involvedDANIEL HAMBURY/PA
Save
Leeds United celebrate 100 years of existence this week and at this pivotal moment their owner has revealed he is considering an offer from Qatar to take the club to a level where they could “compete with Manchester City”.

The biggest sleeping giant in English football has already stirred. If Andrea Radrizzani, their owner, goes through with the sale of a stake in the club to Qatari Sports Investment (QSI) or two other rich investors then it could be time to write a new chapter in the giant’s fairytale.

“I’m giving you more information than I ever gave to anyone,” says Radrizzani, over coffee in a Leeds hotel. The Italian says he views himself as a custodian of the club, and that bringing in a big investor would help to achieve his vision of taking Leeds to the very top of the beanstalk.

Qatar looks to be in pole position — QSI is run by Nasser al-Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain, and a close friend from when Radrizzani’s previous firm, MP & Silva, was selling football TV rights and Khelaifi was buying them for beIN Sport. He will not reveal the identities of the other two under consideration, other than to say that one is a hugely wealthy Leeds fan based in the United States and the other the owner of an unidentified Italian club.

“I have been approached by more than 20 parties and I have selected these three,” Radrizzani says.

“The option of Qatar Sports Investment and Nasser — first of all they are friends, we have had a good relationship for a long time. Secondly, they have the possibility to bring this club to compete with Manchester City, so for the fans that could be a fantastic opportunity.

“The second is based in America, he’s a big fan of Leeds United since he was a child, and I like that.

“Another one is the owner of an Italian club. With another club you can create synergy to be more competitive and to target the Premier League — we could maybe get a loan to increase the quality of the team.”

Radrizzani, who bought Leeds in instalments of £20 million in December 2016 and £25 million in May 2017, does not rule out selling a majority stake but insists that whatever happens he wants to remain involved.

“The most important thing for me is to make this club big again,” he says. “When I will open the door to others I don’t know, hopefully when we are in the Premier League. The financial support would be more important in the Premier League.

“When it will be done, it doesn’t matter which share [I have], it matters that I can continue my project and also have the support to build this club back again
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #214 
Is the american base investor Russell Crowe I wonder?

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #215 
My thought ls batty but he once said he didn’t have the funds to do it
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #216 
We will not be able to spend anymore due to FFP I’m reckoning.
Nice to have wealthy backers if we do go up though.
Looks like we may have to “sell’ the ground a la Derby.
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #217 
Any proper investment is welcome . Here's hoping it is significant and we can remain on an upward curve from here.
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #218 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
We will not be able to spend anymore due to FFP I’m reckoning.
Nice to have wealthy backers if we do go up though.
Looks like we may have to “sell’ the ground a la Derby.

Not sure that will do anything Leeds don’t own it radz bought it with another company he owns so if he sold it it will not go to lufc
Bull Thick With Drink

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #219 
I dont think we need this "off-field" distraction, especially mid season or so close to a transfer window. Some fans will begin to think that it is just another well timed excuse not to buy anyone in Jan as any potential "takeover" may prevent any new player transaction would have to be on hold.

If Radz does a deal or any kind of shareholding deal tell us when its done otherwise keep it in the boardroom. Take-overs / Possible Investment Money are worth nothing until delivered / signed upon, so call a press briefing but only when the board has something concrete to announce.

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #220 
I'm 100% certain the interest is very real. I believe Radz has made this interview happen to control the message before public release via other sources.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #221 
As long as it's not Bulgarian backed investment........
T1og

New Signing
Reply with quote  #222 
Make what you will of this but as we know there as been more talk about this of late

Leeds United’s owner, Andrea Radrizzani, travelled to Paris last night for further talks on a takeover by Qatar.

Radrizzani attended Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League match against Bruges as the guest of Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the PSG president who also runs the state-owned Qatar Sports Investment (QSI).

Sources in France said that the pair planned to have more discussions on QSI investing in Leeds. Radrizzani said last month that he is considering an offer from QSI to take the Sky Bet Championship club to a level where they could “compete with Manchester City”, but that he would only do a deal when the time is right.

QSI is understood to view Leeds as a potential long-term project and that even if only a minority stake is bought initially it would be with a view to owning the club outright.

Uefa’s rules prevent teams with the same ultimate owner meeting in its competitions but it is likely to be several years at least before Leeds would be in with a chance of competing against PSG in the Champions League
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #223 
Get it done ahead of January so we can GUAFC [running-around-smiley-emoticon]
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #224 
Can’t see any major investment until we are promoted.
We can’t spend much money because of FFP rules.
QSI May buy a stake in the club with the prospect of piling in IF we go up.

Has anyone done the figures to see if we can buy a player or two in January and if so how much we can spend?
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #225 

According to the ever reliable Leeds News Now sites there are 3 potential investors in for us....

QSI, an Italian businessman and a wealthy US based Leeds fan who has got significant backers....

I know Russell Crowe was linked before but distanced himself saying he didn't have the funds....any ideas to keep us in the loop even if theyre bullshlt rumours?

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #226 

(Has anyone done the figures to see if we can buy a player or two in January and if so how much we can spend?)

Yes Andy, and i think we can afford to get Grot, Ekuban and Shaughnessy back for a promotion push....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #227 
We only dream mate
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #228 
QSI investment rumours gathering pace - injection of funds to help with spend in January transfer window and leading to full takeover in Summer if promoted
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #229 
I doubt it will be dune before the window shuts but any money coming in would be used to get the new training ground up and sorted
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #230 
Besides bielsa would walk imo if players are forced on him
bite your legs

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #231 
Nice little dream, serious investment in the club, Saltzburg knocked out of Champions League, and Haaland in on loan till end of season.

I wish.
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #232 
I am 100% certain the investment is waiting in the wings.
The issue is how it all works between the inability to invest in players in the Championship and then how much the club is worth if/when it is promoted...

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #233 
I see two ways QSI can inject funds for investment in players.... 1. Buying a stake in the club and 2. Buying Elland Road(which i assume they would want to do anyway if/when they take over)

Other than that,is it not concievable that Leeds and PSG form some kind of partnership in the lead up to a take over?
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #234 
but voice the club dont own the ground a company radz owns do
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #235 
Ah... 😣 well in that case,i only see one way.... buying a stake in the club.... 😆
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #236 
Nasser Al-Khelaifi, the president of Paris Saint-Germain, is being charged with corruption after being accused of attempting to buy the rights to host the 2017 World Athletics Championships for Doha. Likely to fail the fit and proper persons test so forget about QSI buying us!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #237 
Have you seen what Cellino has been up to re: Balotelli today... ?
He got a fit and proper licence so it can't be too hard!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #238 
QSI linked to a £10 million investment now for 10% share which they can then exercise the option of a £120 million purchase for 100% if we get promoted.

Qatar is bored of how low profile French football is and PSGs dominance with no return. LUFC represents the romantic story they crave.

Deal to be done by end of year.

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #239 
Not till after the transfer window shuts MMW
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #240 
£10 million allows us to basically buy Harrison and Meislik and with Clarke going back to Spurs we can bring in 2 more loan players. A CB and a No.4/8 would do me if we keep Eddie. 

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #241 
I think we'll wait until the summer to buy Harrison,BB. We could spend that money now on more necessary targets?  We have Harrison for the rest of the season anyway. 
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #242 
We would need more proven players and they would only be able to come in on loan as their wages would kill any chance of a permanent deal in Jan. Making JH and IM permanent frees us 2 loan spaces which affords us the ability to bring in a couple of Prem players. 

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #243 
Very good points. BB. I stand corrected mate.
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.