Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Tony Currie10

.... I've worked out we're already up into the Prem so don't panic.

I've gone through ours and Fulham fixtures and been really honest.... if anything, too honest.

Fulham will finish on 85 points with 6 wins and 3 draws from their 9 fixtures....

That makes us need 15 points out of a possible 27....easy pickings and I've got us down to get 19 points with 5 wins and 4 draws.

Unfortunately, we'll finish in 2nd spot, 1 point behind WBA who will get 21 points with 6 wins and 3 draws. However, remember that I've done the worst case scenario for us and probably let WBA and Fulham have too many points....

Break out the champers and celebrate.... the only thing that can stop us now is a points deduction due to our lunatic fans congregating at the ground.

We're going up as fkn champions (or runners-up)....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
PapaSmurf
Fookin right.
BB
Fate should not be tempted.

I hope we learnt from last years meltdown.

Maybe Covid-19 will be a blessing allowing us to regroup?
BB
Soopaleeds
Agreed BB

After last year and the total unknown of the lockdown I would have thought the best thing to do is concentrate on one game at a time and hope nothing goes wrong.
I remember the glut of injuries when Bielsa first took over and there's a risk they'll all pull hamstrings against Cardiff if they aren't fully ready
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Bull Thick With Drink
Not trying to be negative but i dont see us going unbeaten till the end of the season, and i dont see the baggies doing it either.
These last 9 games will be like one off cup matches however turns up on the day will prevail. The absence of any fans will prevent any team from "picking" up their performance and i suspect more away teams (like bundesliga) to increase the win ratio compared to the away win ratio pre-lockdown.

If we believe what we read on the internet and our lads are actually fitter than what they were before the lockdown then that will be a massive advantage to us as i cant see other teams having increased their fitness levels.

It will be very interesting to watch the first two midweek PL games on the telly and compare how those teams played / performed before all games were called off.

I dont see a repeat of last years "meltdown" because i think MB will have his finger on the pulse on that score, but once the players cross the whitewash and if the heads arent right then realistically there is little Bielsa can do  
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

thevoiceofreason
So it's official now.... if the season gets curtail or it is unable to conclude for any reason,we go up..... that's if Prem don't pull a fast one on us.... 😑
stevethemouse
thevoiceofreason wrote:
So it's official now.... if the season gets curtail or it is unable to conclude for any reason,we go up..... that's if Prem don't pull a fast one on us.... 😑

provided we don't loose the next 2 games ? before its canceled
thevoiceofreason
If we even start them.... 😈

The way things are going with these protests where thousands are flouting social distancing....A 2nd wave could well start before we've even kicked a ball....
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
I've sparked up the weather predicting machines ( not that anyone will be attending the games ).
So they better f.u.cking play.

World  Champion
Tony Currie10
Lord Snoddy Weather Man wrote:
I've sparked up the weather predicting machines ( not that anyone will be attending the games ).
So they better f.u.cking play.

FFS, I can honestly say that I haven't missed your weather reports with your technology akin to the stone age....

We'll be better off licking our finger and sticking it outside the window to see which way the wind blows 🌀.... we can also tell if it's a nice day by seeing if the fkn sun is visible in the sky. 🌞

If the sky is dark and cloudy we may be in for a shower 🌧️☔....I can't believe you earn a living from this claptrap 👍

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Tony Currie10 wrote:

FFS, I can honestly say that I haven't missed your weather reports with your technology akin to the stone age....

We'll be better off licking our finger and sticking it outside the window to see which way the wind blows 🌀.... we can also tell if it's a nice day by seeing if the fkn sun is visible in the sky. 🌞

If the sky is dark and cloudy we may be in for a shower 🌧️☔....I can't believe you earn a living from this claptrap 👍

Bloke in pub told me the players make their boot choice after reading my predictions.
World  Champion
Soopaleeds
Soopaleeds wrote:
Agreed BB

After last year and the total unknown of the lockdown I would have thought the best thing to do is concentrate on one game at a time and hope nothing goes wrong.
I remember the glut of injuries when Bielsa first took over and there's a risk they'll all pull hamstrings against Cardiff if they aren't fully ready

JKA first on the medics table?
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Tony Currie10
A few drinks on Father's Day has put me in a positive mood....

Yesterday we were 7pts ahead of Fulham with 9 games to play.... today we are STILL 7pts ahead of Fulham with EIGHT games to play.

If we don't get beat by Fulham next week, then we'll be either 7 or 9pts ahead of them with SEVEN games to play.... forget about Brentford as they won't catch us. 

ANNOUNCE PROMOTION NOW.... 

thevoiceofreason
A few drinks on Father's Day has put me in a positive mood....

Yesterday we were 7pts ahead of Fulham with 9 games to play.... today we are STILL 7pts ahead of Fulham with EIGHT games to play.

If we don't get beat by Fulham next week, then we'll be either 7 or 9pts ahead of them with SEVEN games to play.... forget about Brentford as they won't catch us. 

7 or 10 😎

batty4
Too true blue, I thought this myself
EFL IS CORRUPT
thevoiceofreason
I reckon we will win our next 4,and then seal promotion with a draw against Swansea.... 👍
Bull Thick With Drink
We're leeds

we dont do things easy

We will get promoted when we like

Tony Currie10
Brentwood STILL 5pts behind us AND we have a game in hand.... that's TWO wins MINIMUM they have to catch up on us WITHOUT us picking up ANY points even if, God forbid, we lose v Fulham. 

As if we're not going to pick up points in our final EIGHT GAMES and games are running out for the chasing pack!!

Draw tomorrow and we're up as we'll still win AT LEAST 3/4 games yet....and win the league. 

Soopaleeds
trebles all round ðŸ¾ðŸ¾ðŸ¾
BB
TC We are 17 points ahead of 7th with 7 games to play. I can safely predict we are in the play offs at least and will not be tempting fate. I think we need 9 points minimum for automatic.

Brentford has an easy run in so could win the next 7 games which means we need 14 points. So I hope they slip up soon but I worry they will not. They have got a great attack and great defence.
BB
Tony Currie10

Brentwood will get a further 17pts that would mean we need 10pts....thats 3 wins, a draw and 3 losses which we'll easily get. 

ANNOUNCE PROMOTION NOW... 

BB
Brentfords next 7 games are all winnable. Their against teams in the bottom half and most have nothing to play for really. They could win all 7 and take 21 points meaning we need 14 more points. Our games are not easy with Blackburn, Swansea and Derby away all needing wins for a play off place, the Luton, Barnsley Charlton all battling to survive. We need 4 wins and 2 draws which will not be easy.
BB
Soopaleeds
Don't forget that to screw this up 2 teams have to pass us by, so even if Brentford go ballistic, we only have to keep WBA behind us.....
Bull Thick With Drink
spot on Soopa

Brenford are on a 3 win winning streak i just dont see them doing 10 in row, i dont see anyone in the championship doing 10 in a row ourselves included the league is just so tough.

if Brenford maintain their points per game as per the season so far then that 11.9 points (say 12) from 7 games + give them an extra 4 points for good measure 16 in total until 22nd July

We are 8 points clear of them so 8 points say 9 because they have a better goal difference thats 3 wins. if we get total 86 points i cant see not getting an autospot might need 88-89 to win the league

Kingcurrie
I am normally very positive but I have to say that I have a very nasty feeling.
I can't see us winning our last 3 away games. I think Brentford will probably win 4 and draw 1, that's 13 more points meaning we need another 8 points from our last 6 games.
You would think that would be easy but all the teams we play have something to play for.
If we lose on Saturday then we will only be 3 points clear of Brentford, assuming they win, and all the circumstances appear in their favour.
Our players don't look at all confident to me.
I hope I get slated on Saturday tea time for being a pussy, but my intuition is twitching big time.
Is it past trauma haunting me or is anyone else getting really worried?
Tony Currie10
Kingcurrie wrote:
I am normally very positive but I have to say that I have a very nasty feeling.
I can't see us winning our last 3 away games. I think Brentford will probably win 4 and draw 1, that's 13 more points meaning we need another 8 points from our last 6 games.
You would think that would be easy but all the teams we play have something to play for.
If we lose on Saturday then we will only be 3 points clear of Brentford, assuming they win, and all the circumstances appear in their favour.
Our players don't look at all confident to me.
I hope I get slated on Saturday tea time for being a pussy, but my intuition is twitching big time.
Is it past trauma haunting me or is anyone else getting really worried?

I'm not waiting til 5pm Saturday to call you a fkn pussy.... 

Eat one of your 'special' chocolate brownies from the cafe and chill out KC...

... ya fkn pussy..... 

Kingcurrie
I hope your right T.C. and my neurosis is unfounded.
Kingcurrie
How is it possible to chill out though?

Your not fooling anyone T.C.
You are bricking it like everyone of us.
Tony Currie10

Hope this pm finds you well KC? 

You're right and it is all a front and i AM bricking it... 

Don't let anyone else know though as everyone looks up and respects me unlike that blithering idiot Lord Thunderwilly.... 

Lord Snoddy Weather Man
I'm cacking  me sen. Ickle Brentford are looking too good and we are dicking about with that doylum up front. Can't beat TC's Luton,  not just that but we just looked so clueless and blunt.
Going to be a long 3 weeks if we don't find form again. This condensed finish hasn't helped our cause,  we need Pablo on for 90 mins orchastrating and he can't do that 6 times in 18 days. 
I'm worried but like KC says we are bound to be after the last few years. Like I said to wakey the other day. Are you even a Leeds fan if you're over 30 and not bald. 
World  Champion
Kingcurrie
Haha T.C. You are a silly sod.

Snods
Bamford hasn't got the minerals for this run in and will set the tone for The rest of the team.
How did he miss that header against Luton? He didn't have the courage to attack the ball with his head. Same as Costa.
bite your legs
I keep having a recurring nightmare, we bungle automatic and come up against Derby in the play offs again. 
                    After Tuesday's performance yeah im bricking it.
andyl

Bamford won’t be to blame, it’s  you TC for starting this thread!

I wish we’d have ended this with average points.

A win on Saturday is crucial psychologically. Another Brentford win, which I’m assuming will happen, and a loss for us could be terminal for our auto promotion prospects.

Having said all that it’s still firmly in our hands. Please mr manager, put Bamford on the bench and start Roberts up front. Please also try Edmondson for a few minutes, because in a couple of games we may have become desperate.

Bull Thick With Drink
Everyone here is giving Brentford the three points against Wigan on Sat

Why???

Wigans form for the last 6 games
5W 1D

Thats better than Leeds & Brentford (both have 4W 1D 1L in their last 6)

+ Wigan now gone into admin know -12 pts are coming so they will be desperate for every point they can pick up cause as i see the table they will need 64-65 points to stave off relegation. Yes tomorrow will be very tough for Wigan, the Bee's are looking very smooth, and Wigan will see the Barnsley, Hull, Charlton trio as what will define their final league position but thats only 9 points so they need more and with their last game of the season against Fulham (whom might be in a dog fight to stay in a PO spot) wont be an easy one to pick anything up from.

Im still clinging to Brentford wont go 10 in a row unbeaten. IF wigan/brentford ends as a draw and we manage the same (hopefully a win) against Blackburn, WBA might go back on top but the baggies must still play Derby & Fulham when we are at stoke & barnsley so WBA stint at the top will be short lived.

Keep the faith lads, we are leeds we dont do things easy we all know that, But i agree with the Horney Hurricane we need Pablo on the pitch to make us click and to put the opposition under pressure. I'd love to see Alioski from the start cause he just creates panic and that disruption throws the defenders concentration

Tony Currie10

Haha Andy and the rest of the Panic Petes.... I knew you'd blame me!

Bit of positivity here....

Has anyone actually seen the table BEFORE the virus stopped play and AFTER the games returned?

We were 7pts clear with 9 games to go BEFORE and now 6pts clear with 6 to go.... a difference of only ONE POINT with 3 less games!! 

Brentwood won't catch us, although obviously on a great run, as has been proven that the top sides drop points against ANY TEAM in the Championship.... 

Brentwood still have 4 teams to play scrapping for relegation + Derby and Preston who are going for the playoffs.... 

ANNOUNCE PROMOTION NOW....!! 

Lord Snoddy Weather Man
If we don't do it this time we will have gone from being " a club that doesn't do anything easily" to " a club that doesn't do anything".
This is last chance time and we all know it hence the foul smell of nerves on here.
World  Champion
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Wigan are on a good run,  you're right to point that out TC but I still think Brentford have enough. The lockdown suited them,  got that lad Pontus Jansson fit again and they look a lot more water tight ship. 
Come on Leeds beat bloody blackburn
World  Champion
batty4
9 games to go and we were 6 points ahead of 3rd place. We have now cut that down to 6 games and are still 6 points ahead of 3rd place. If you told me that 3 games ago I would have said yep i'll take that.  Stop panicking everyone ðŸ˜Œ
EFL IS CORRUPT
Tony Currie10
batty4 wrote:
9 games to go and we were 6 points ahead of 3rd place. We have now cut that down to 6 games and are still 6 points ahead of 3rd place. If you told me that 3 games ago I would have said yep i'll take that.  Stop panicking everyone Ã°Å¸ËœÅ’

Me and Batty are the only believer's.....

Would anyone want to be 6pts BEHIND us with 6 games to go!?

The bookies are never wrong.... nor me or Batty

Although I must admit his racing tips are cr-ap..... surely he can't be as bad with the football!? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

batty4
You forget TC, you get different tips to the rest of them ðŸŽ
EFL IS CORRUPT
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

Me and Batty are the only believer's.....

Would anyone want to be 6pts BEHIND us with 6 games to go!?

The bookies are never wrong.... nor me or Batty

Although I must admit his racing tips are cr-ap..... surely he can't be as bad with the football!? 🤔🤔🤔🤔

The bookies were wrong last season. 
Come on derby/rooney 😣 don't let scabingham forest in on the top 2 fight. 
World  Champion
andyl

It’s soooooo many years of disappointment that’s adding to the nerves not just TC’s tempting fate predictions.

Like Snoddy says it’s the fear of being labelled bottlers that will be hard to take.

thevoiceofreason
Is it just me or are the gods (or EFL,SKY) trying to conspire against us.... I should be happy we beat Blackburn... But I just looked at the fixtures and saw that Brentford are playing before us in both midweek and next weekend..... 😐

That means if we lose against stoke,Brentford can actually leapfrog us on goal difference next weekend..... 🙁

The pressure is getting to me... 😕
Tony Currie10

Haha VOR, the pressure is getting to you....

Brentwood fans will be saying the opposite and asking why they're playing first which will mean Leeds knowing exactly what they have to do after seeing the Brentwood result!! 😂

We could always look at it that if Brentwood lost both those games playing before our kick off and we won both ours, then we'd be 12pts clear...!! 🤔😂

We can't have it both ways and I'm quite happy we're all playing at different times, apart from the last game, as it means we can always watch us live on tv.... 

bite your legs
Brentford have toughie on Tuesday, a derby against Charlton who are scrapping for points here's hoping.
andyl
Come on Lee Bowyer. You know you want us to go up.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Well it's Sunday night. This time next week we will be so much more in the nos . We could even nos. We might be up tha nos.
World  Champion
BB
Come on Lee, you owe us one!!!!
BB