Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 4      1   2   3   4   Next
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #1 

Yes, I know it's early and there's another 3 weeks of the window yet....

This year we're in a better position than previous years with a NINE point cushion to the playoffs and playing great football....Bielsa really has turned us round.

We have an owner who we can actually trust for once....we think. A worrying stat is that we haven't bought a player on a permanent transfer for 18 months. I suppose loans are expensive these days though so maybe a bit of leeway can be given....

We could potentially lose Ben White in a position we are sparse and only have Hattrick Bamford up front and these are in the spine of the team....Kiki will no doubt be suspended for 3 seasons. Is Meslier good enough after just ONE good game!?

We WILL get injuries, we WILL get suspensions and players WILL naturally suffer a loss of form....

We don't want to repeat previous years windows and hopefully should have learnt from this. Daniel James being photographed with our white shirt certainly came back to haunt us and I'm sure would have got us over the line and been promoted....

I'm sure this thread will start off with negative comments about "trust" and "plenty of time yet" you suvvern buffoon....lets see as the month goes on.

This isn't my personal opinion though and just putting it out there for debate....

I remember one year our owners said don't go to bed yet as we have some breaking news. We all wondered who our new signing would be only to be told Rod fkn Stewart was playing a gig at Elland Road!😂

This is Leeds United we're talking about....!!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #2 
A bit, given how long it takes to integrate new players into the Bielsa way. The same players are surely available now as opposed to the end of January.

I know loans and transfers don’t happen overnight, but I hope, especially a new striker, are in place in the next few days.
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #3 
as soon as possible we need a striker

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #4 
We need quality signings - I'm sure the targets have been identified and Orta is working hard to deliver them.
Bull Thick With Drink

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #5 
Well if we are waiting on a Club to return transfer papers like last Jan and the James fiasco i'll be ragging.
If we dont learn from our mistakes people need to explain why they follwoed the same course of action that FAILED in the past.

Still to early to panic tho but if nothing done by 25th i'd be worried.

WE NEED TWO PLAYERS

Out and Out striker and a No.10 or a winger

Bamford whilst not doubing his commitment one bit but he alone will not get us promoted
And Pablo wont go the rest of the season without at least missing 4-6 games

Without either of the above it will cost us an auto spot of that i've no doubt

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #6 
Worried?  No.

I think the excitement would probably kill me if we did sign somebody!

LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #7 

It would seem we are waiting for our no1 target to become available.
im ok with that, mainly because if MB has selected his number one target, I would prefer maximum put into that until it’s no longer possible. I don’t want the back up of a Billy Sharpe or someone else. I want the one Marcelo has picked, he picked Costa and was insistent and we are starting to see why now he’s had half a season to get used to Bielsaball. It would appear Che is the one who has been picked, meaning we probably have to wait until Southampton buy another striker or two. I would expect Orta is in contact with them with an ‘in case’ deal whilst working on alternative options if he becomes impossible. At that point we are in the realm of hoping Orta gets lucky with a punt, as long as it isn’t as expensive a punt as Eddie was (shame it didn’t work out but he was never going to be what this team needed, no matter how many first team minutes he got!), we all thought “yeah, we need a different option to Bamford, he’s quick with an eye for goal, he’s perfect!”, now we've had half a season, we know we need another Bamford, not a different option.

Che Adams has shown form recently (just not prolific with the goals, just like Patrick) so I can see why he has been selected, we now need his parent club to no longer need him, but right now they do. It’s a waiting game which cant be helped IF you want exactly what MB wants.
i don’t see us buying/loaning more than one player to impact the close season, it’s nots Bielsa’s way to do anything other than that. If we buy anyone else it will be a future talent, like it or lump it, that’s where our finances are right this minute, we can’t afford to gamble on less than 50/50. If Adams becomes available, look forward to a 6 month loan with agreement to buy at the end of the season.
we ‘may’ loan another but, really what’s the point as we’ve just seen with JC, you can’t have more than 5 in the match day squad and unless you drop White, Harrison, Meslier or Costa from the match day squad, we won’t be getting anymore.

so, it’s probably one in, that’s your lot.
now, if that’s the case, I want Adams and no one else, I’d rather not do business and hope we get lucky using a different option (Roberts) up front. It won’t make us walk the league, but it will be more than enough seeing as Brentford and Forest need to hit an average of 2.5 points per game, even IF we mirror last seasons collapse. It’s that context that makes me much more sedate about our business. 

PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #8 
No, I'm not worried, and doesn't sound like Biesla is either.

We are only chasing player, plus maybe an u23 keeper.

Selling Coyle signals a start that we are unloading the dross to free up money.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #9 
Rumblings are we are signing a young talent from city.

https://twitter.com/tomc_22/status/1215684726079574017?s=21

apparently perfect a Bielsa player, plays multiple forward positions and most importantly, a direct no 10, which means a Pablo understudy? Pep maybe doing Bielsa a solid? A young lad that gets to step it up, if not this year then next maybe, instead of never breaking into a team that has shown they buy in the talent at the moment. 
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #10 
Another 5'6" midget to add to our collection!

Poveda has played only 1 game for City albeit in the EFL Cup semi (Burton in Jan)

Although he has played regularly for England U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 he is a bit of a gamble if we expect him to make a difference this season. In saying that, most would have expected Jack to have done this but it was not to be.

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #11 

Bielsa will probably try and turn him into a CB to play alongside Beradi....

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #12 
Grief another one for the future
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #13 
Not too worried yet. 

ADO Den Haag are about to sign De Bock who wants to return Belgium, or close by. Loan to end of season. May include an option to take him on a free at end of season.

They will then lose loanee Pawel Cibicki, who is set to be recalled and transferred to Polish side Pogon Szczecin for free, with his Leeds deal expiring in the summer.

Shaunessy said to be set for Burton once his hamstring injury clears up - loan to end of season with option to buy. Minimal fee involved - around £150k - £250k

Edmondson may go to Gills on loan for rest of season unless another club nearer to Yorkshire wants him (His preference - so he ain't going to Ireland/Cork). However, Steve Evans highly rates him which may sway his decision as he will get game time at Gills, unless Evans is sacked!

No news on Bouy who it seems is happy to party as Leeds have to keep paying him his £12k per week wages. Unfortunately his contract does not end until summer 2021.

Huffer and Male may go in Jan if other clubs want them and we agree a pay off. (Contracts expire in the summer) Miajek also unlikely to have his deal extended beyond this summer.

O'Kane may well end up on loan to Luton again but we will have to pick up £13k per week of his wages. (Saves £2k per week) His contract runs until summer 2021.

Kamwa unlikely to have his contract renewed which ends this summer - shame as I had high hopes for him but it seems injuries have the better of the poor lad.

We are also prepared to let Jay-Roy go on a Free (we get 30%-40% of future transfer) to anyone that wants him.

Clearing the decks for 2 big signings (Not the Man City kid of the Italian Goalie - both should be permanent signings though), Meslier may be made permanent if we can get the 2 top players VO wants on loan but he will cost £4.5 million. Che Adams is one, the other is a winger/No. 10. We are not looking for another CB unless White, Cooper, Berardi, Struijk/Casey/Cresswell injured in Jan.

Adams looking less and less likely as window progresses so it may be a striker from Europe.

With Pablo, Shaks, Roberts and Forshaw back this month another CM is not thought needed as we have Gotts, Alfie, Jenkins, Bogusz and Casey that can do that job too.

MB wants a creative player and a striker who can finish. What MB wants he invaribly gets or he ends up walking out.

Source: Not telling!!!

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #14 

Today is the first time I'm getting officially worried....

pubrunner

New Signing
Reply with quote  #15 
I'm not getting worried; more resigned to the fact that the (lack of) transfers is following the familiar pattern of previous seasons.

I don't expect us to buy Adams, Gayle, Vydra or anyone of that kind of calibre; we might buy one or two, more future talents. The problem is, the future talents always seem to be expected to flourish, sometime beyond the season(s) we are close to promotion.

I think that the best we'll do, is get another Doukara or Botaka . . . but not Che Adams or Dwight Gayle - sadly.
pubrunner

New Signing
Reply with quote  #16 
I'm not getting worried; more resigned to the fact that the (lack of) transfers is following the familiar pattern of previous seasons.

I don't expect us to buy Adams, Gayle, Vydra or anyone of that kind of calibre; we might buy one or two, more future talents. The problem is, the future talents always seem to be expected to flourish, sometime beyond the season(s) we are close to promotion.

I think that the best we'll do, is get another Doukara or Botaka . . . but not Che Adams or Dwight Gayle - sadly.
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #17 

Jeez, can nobody see what's happening....AGAIN.

It's all very well buying these youngsters with great potential and producing our own youngsters from the excellent academy....

All we end up doing is selling them to Premier clubs after coaching and bringing them up for minimal transfer fees....

We could still have players like Cook, Wood, Byram, Taylor etc AND untold millions with a bit of foresight....

Our owners are constantly in a win win situation. If we go up they'll get the Premier dosh but if we stay in the Championship they still get full houses, massive merchandise sales and transfer fees for our best players....It's been going on YEARS!!

I'm not saying this will happen but they need to show some kind of intent to us mugs who blindly follow us whatever...

However good football we're playing we have won 1 in 6 games and it's unfolding like before when mistakes have been seen but not rectified....

Here's hoping they prove me wrong in this window....

pubrunner

New Signing
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

I remember one year our owners said don't go to bed yet as we have some breaking news. We all wondered who our new signing would be only to be told Rod fkn Stewart was playing a gig at Elland Road!😂

This is Leeds United we're talking about....!!!

Yeah, I well remember that about Rod Stewart . . . never was much of a centre forward.

What the club really needs, is a couple of players in (at least one ready to go striker) who can offer more options on the pitch and score some goals. This would give the team (& fans) a significant psychological lift and almost certainly promotion.

It always seems to be this club, that finds it very difficult to complete transfers - for us, they are never straightforward. Perhaps this transfer window will be different. . . . we shall see.

When we draw and lose matches, it really increases the mental pressures that the players are under - we all know what happened last season at Wigan etc. When the pressure is on, there’s a kind of expectancy that we need at least a two goal margin in matches, otherwise, opponents will score late goals themselves and go on to draw or win - having had about only about 30% possession.

When we played Arsenal, there was no real pressure on the players. They played really great - apart from the usual lack of goals, but put us against much lesser opponents when we really need the points and the pressure gets to the players.

Missing scoring opportunities has become habit-forming, as has conceding late goals. These habits need to be broken and a new mindset needs to be adopted - very quickly !.

Unfortunately, we seem to be in a situation where our points gap lead is slowly being eroded. Some might say that we still have a 6 point lead to 3rd place, but the teams below us get a much-needed lift, because they believe and expect to catch us. We do this time and again and the pattern will be repeated, until the club takes steps to rectify the problem - and as with previous transfer windows, I see no signs of action by the club.

If we don’t get promoted this season- despite the 6 point lead, we’ll all be disappointed; but not one of us will be surprised and say “didn’t expect that, didn’t see that coming”.
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #19 
We need quality over quantity for any additions this window but that costs and not convinced we'll do anything other than late loan deals.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:

Jeez, can nobody see what's happening...>

35000 ish people in Elland Road could on Saturday mate. We desperately need to beat QPR on Saturday or we are bug.gered, of course some people will point to the fact that we are still second.
Are you going to QPR, I'll be in London for 10am if you fancy buying me a pint or two.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:

Today is the first time I'm getting officially worried....

I could have sworn you were 'losing it' months ago. I personally have no expectations of a major signing. Like others I believe we should concentrate on quality not quantity, and if that means signing Man City 19 year olds rather than seasoned championship hacks or premiership outcasts then so be it. Anything else is a bonus.
lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #22 
last season had we have not had the villa debacle we would have gone up, as I doubt that will happen again, I am more confident we will be ok just even if we don't sign anyone, we very rarely beat a team gm manages

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snoddy Weather Man

35000 ish people in Elland Road could on Saturday mate. We desperately need to beat QPR on Saturday or we are bug.gered, of course some people will point to the fact that we are still second.
Are you going to QPR, I'll be in London for 10am if you fancy buying me a pint or two.

Fraid not Lord Windyarse. Been offered one ticket but the boy would never let me go on my own to see us without him....selfish brat.
He's got a game and we're turning off all phones etc and watching it when we get back at 2ish as if 'live'....

On a side note he's captain of Beds u16s and we're through to semi-final of the National Cup. If we win we could get North Yorkshire in the final and another chance for us suvvenorrs to kick norrvern arrse....

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #24 
I will confidently predict that we DO NOT sign a proven striker in this transfer window.   There will be lots of talk about 'targets' and 'negotiations'.  But nothing will actually happen because in reality we aren't really interested in bringing a striker in. The talk is to placate the fans.

Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:

Fraid not Lord Windyarse. Been offered one ticket but the boy would never let me go on my own to see us without him....selfish brat.
He's got a game and we're turning off all phones etc and watching it when we get back at 2ish as if 'live'....

On a side note he's captain of Beds u16s and we're through to semi-final of the National Cup. If we win we could get North Yorkshire in the final and another chance for us suvvenorrs to kick norrvern arrse....

It would be good for him to play against a yorkshire team, you can learn a lot in defeat.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thackleywhite
I will confidently predict that we DO NOT sign a proven striker in this transfer window.   There will be lots of talk about 'targets' and 'negotiations'.  But nothing will actually happen because in reality we aren't really interested in bringing a striker in. The talk is to placate the fans.

If we can’t get MB’s number 1,2 or 3 targets I would rather we DIDN'T sign anyone.

You’re right, we need a proven Championship goal scorer, where’s Sharpe, Paynter et al when you need them?...

I’ve an idea, let’s let MB do what he’s been doing for one a half seasons now, pick from his squad and display vibrant football and see where it takes us. I’m bored of armchair footballers explaining how we are messing up when we’re second with a great chance of promotion.
PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsPremChamps2020

If we can’t get MB’s number 1,2 or 3 targets I would rather we DIDN'T sign anyone.

You’re right, we need a proven Championship goal scorer, where’s Sharpe, Paynter et al when you need them?...

I’ve an idea, let’s let MB do what he’s been doing for one a half seasons now, pick from his squad and display vibrant football and see where it takes us. I’m bored of armchair footballers explaining how we are messing up when we’re second with a great chance of promotion.

That's exactly how I feel. And I suspect Biesla does as well. He has pretty much said as much - Leeds are looking for "the same type of player [Nketiah] as soon as possible ... If we find the ideal p!ayer, great, if we dont, we will try and find the best solution'. That means using existing resources.

Even getting this Man City youngster will be a coup as he's being courted by three Italian clubs!!!

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #28 
FFS 18 months ago we were a mid table side enjoying mid table mediocrity and hoping not to be involved in a relegation fight. Our football involved defending deep and hitting long balls to a big lump up front as our strategy. Fans longing for one of the 3/4 chances we would then create results in a goal so we could nick a win.

Now we entertain and play the beautiful game. We all want success but at what cost? I will enjoy the ride we have gone on since MB took charge. Playing proper football, dominating games, creating 20+ chances per game, enjoying 65% possession and being PROUD that I am a LUFC fan that has been with the club through it's ups and downs. NOT a glory hunter, just a supporter.

18 months ago we would have all settled for a 7th-10th finish with this squad. Now we are enjoying a chance for automatic promotion. What's not to like?

Keep Calm and Carry On.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
FFS 18 months ago we were a mid table side enjoying mid table mediocrity and hoping not to be involved in a relegation fight. Our football involved defending deep and hitting long balls to a big lump up front as our strategy. Fans longing for one of the 3/4 chances we would then create results in a goal so we could nick a win.

Now we entertain and play the beautiful game. We all want success but at what cost? I will enjoy the ride we have gone on since MB took charge. Playing proper football, dominating games, creating 20+ chances per game, enjoying 65% possession and being PROUD that I am a LUFC fan that has been with the club through it's ups and downs. NOT a glory hunter, just a supporter.

18 months ago we would have all settled for a 7th-10th finish with this squad. Now we are enjoying a chance for automatic promotion. What's not to like?

Keep Calm and Carry On.

Well said that man

New Signing
Reply with quote  #30 
Blimey Bri are you just cutting and pasting the same answer on every thread?

Wanted to be a fraction of your optimism for the whole season. Despite being 6 points clear of 3rd, I seem almost illogically pessimistic at the moment.

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #31 

Andy - I wanted to get my message across. Before MB came we just dreamt of challenging for a play off spot and hoping to avoid a relegation battle.

Now we are watching great football and have a chance of automatic.

I'll take that

New Signing
Reply with quote  #32 
I know and you did. Credit to you.

I didn't check the Leeds Rhinos thread to be honest so I may have been wrong[tongue]
LUFCanuck

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #33 
I completely understand what you're saying BB and agree with you. I think where most of my nerves come from is the fear that the bubble could burst if we don't make it happen this year. I dread going back to those days and fear that if we mess it up this year, Bielsa will leave and we are right back there.

It's such a golden opportunity in terms of our ability, the general weakness of the league (look at the points others drop!), and then the fact it's our 100 year season. I fear the consequences if we don't go up this time are going to be more severe than just another year in the championship.

Not the end of the world if the transfer market doesn't go well though. This is Bielsa we are talking about!
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #34 
If this happens I expect Thackers to find Orta and orally massage his plums 😆 

https://twitter.com/lufcesp/status/1217503656989380608?s=21
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #35 
I will orally massage his prostate gland if that scenario happens!

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
If this happens I expect Thackers to find Orta and orally massage his plums 😆 

https://twitter.com/lufcesp/status/1217503656989380608?s=21

I think mr Orta needs pointing in his direction.... 😎
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofreason

I think mr Orta needs pointing in his direction.... 😎

I think you'll find he won't be joining. 

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #38 

Arsenal given Eddie a u-turn and he's now staying there til the end of the season with Aubameyang out for a few games and Lacazette transfer rumours and not going on loan to a Championship club....can't work out if that's a good thing or not as he'd have probably scored goals against our rivals.

Watch him rip the Premier up.....Bielsa out, Hoddle in

Alba White

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #39 
We're going to try to find the right player. But we're not going to bring one player that doesn't fit with us just to say we bring someone in. Even if we lack one more attacker, we're not going to bring in anyone who doesn't fit

Bielsa

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #40 
Newest rumour is Jarod Bowen, 3m loan to buy for 15m in the summer. I may just avoid social media until the 31st... nah, I need my Leeds fix!
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #41 

Unfortunately this happens every season to us where we're constantly linked with big name players. It's probably to appease us to make it look like the owners WANT to spend millions but in the end we ALWAYS just get loan players in the last couple of hours....

That's the pessimistic view which I have because of our history....

We ALL want us to succeed and are ecstatic playing a great style of football but we've served our time in the Championship.....it doesn't make us any less a fan by wanting to step up a level.

BAC White

Unofficial Prawn sandwich muncher
Reply with quote  #42 
Unfortunately , on this occasion you imho are correct so begrudgingly I have to agree with you

[y50OAtN]    
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Newest rumour is Jarod Bowen, 3m loan to buy for 15m in the summer. I may just avoid social media until the 31st... nah, I need my Leeds fix!

Not so new - heard this one, and noted it here over a month ago - may have legs this one....

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopaleeds

Not so new - heard this one, and noted it here over a month ago - may have legs this one....

Douglas Bader has more legs than this story....

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #45 
Jarrod Bowen will move - Hull just spent "undisclosed" £M on a 2 1/2 year deal in his replacement today - Martin Samuelsen…...

Just see whether we can out-muscle a couple of prem clubs.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #46 
I really hope we are in for Bowen,because he is exactly what we need and the difference between having him or Nketiah is Bowen can play on the wing... and of course Bowen is a much more established player than Nketiah... so there is a good chance Bielsa would play both him and Bamford in the starting 11.... A front 3 of Harrison,Bamford and Bowen would be awesome imo.... 👍
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #47 
TVOR

Bowen unlikely to come to LUFC as Hull know they can get £20+ million for him in the summer from a lower Prem club. His agent also knows that means a pay packet of £50k+ per week with his fees being close to £4 million.

We play by FFP rules so there probably is no legs to this.

VO will have to be a miracle worker to make this happen.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #48 
Agree on Bowen as Hull can extend his contract by a year to protect his value in the Summer assuming the doesn't sign a new contract
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopaleeds
Jarrod Bowen will move - Hull just spent "undisclosed" £M on a 2 1/2 year deal in his replacement today - Martin Samuelsen…...

Just see whether we can out-muscle a couple of prem clubs.

Malik Wilks joins Tigers too.....

Just sayin'

(and you might want to tag I got there first….)

Leeds want Jarrod Bowen and he would be THE MAN for us. This HAS LEGS.

We have to fight off 2 Premiership bids, but we're close. All hangs in the balance on whether the player wants to push for the move.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #50 
we'll bring in two 15 year olds....like we usually do.

There will be no signings of any real quality.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.