Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

1972Glory
First bit of business to be done as a matter of urgency, break the bank to sign Ben on a permanent deal!!. Whatever we end up paying, we will get back in bucket loads in the future. He reminds me of a latter day Paul Madeley.
BB
If the boy wants to sign for LUFC he will. Brighton have 5 CBs + Ben. They are just holding out for the best price
BB
Tony Currie10
Potter said today he's going to welcome him back as a new signing.... maybe just talking the talk to sell him though. 

Brighton have Dunk + one other unsung CB who's been brilliant all season. If I were Brighton I'd keep White and have 3 CBs to play TOGETHER in a 3....even if they were offered 35m for White, and turned it down, it would be worth it if they stayed in the Prem with him.

Hopefully White wants to come to us as we've literally made him.... 

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Danish Leeds Fan
Should be an easy one, this: we want White, and he can stay in the club where he is loved, where he was believed in, with the best manager there is, and with the best and loudest fans. 
PapaSmurf
My understanding is that Biesla only wants to play with 1 CB which will be Cooper, and play a  1 - 8 - 1 formation.
LeedsPremChamps2020
I’m going to guess, much like the Harrison deal, if things progress without any silly offers coming in, it will be another loan year but maybe with a perm price in negotiations for Bielsa development that is obviously working.
it will be up to whoever doesn’t get promoted to fend off offers for us I’m guessing.

im looking forward to two stress free games for the first time in a long damn time...
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
BB
Come on Ben!!! Tell them you want to leave and play for Marcelo!! You know it makes sense. Another couple of years with him and you will be first choice England CB. What have Brighton done for you development? Sent you to Newport 3 years ago, then onto Peterborough the following season and onto LUFC. Not exactly trained you or rated you until you met the God that is MB. As the song goes "Elland Road is the ONLY place to be"
BB
enochs extra leg
Rumour is KP & Coops held white down and Klich took his phone and put in a transfer request when they were celebrating 😂
LeedsPremChamps2020
I saw a report (not sure where, there has been fecking loads) that Potter has said if Ben wants out he needs to hand in a transfer request... 

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Bull Thick With Drink
I saw that too LPC and i hope he does make a transfer request

Potter is only bigging up Ben so that the price tag goes up.

I think BB your assessment is 100% spot on
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

thevoiceofreason
BB wrote:
Come on Ben!!! Tell them you want to leave and play for Marcelo!! You know it makes sense. Another couple of years with him and you will be first choice England CB. What have Brighton done for you development? Sent you to Newport 3 years ago, then onto Peterborough the following season and onto LUFC. Not exactly trained you or rated you until you met the God that is MB. As the song goes "Elland Road is the ONLY place to be"

This  👍👍

It's blatantly obvious that Brighton are looking for a big pay day.... They know the likes of Liverpool are interested and that means big bucks.... This has similarities with the Dan James Saga,his team pulled the plug on the deal when they learnt that Man Utd were planning a swoop for him.... and no doubt his agent was In the loop aswell 😑

If Ben truly wants to make his move here permanent,he needs to speak up and make sure it happens... otherwise he is just gonna be touted out to the highest bidder....
BB
Am hearing Liverpool nor Chelsea interested in Ben at above £18-20 million. Even at these figures he would not be a priority. Not proven in the Prem, not 6'2"+. Nor are others in the top 8 Prem sides.

Only real interest is from us but BHA seem intent on stoking up a bidding war. Wait until you hear PSG, Lille, Juve, AC Milan, Bayern are interested!

Think Potter just wants to see BW in preseason for a couple of weeks then make his mind up. However if Ben stays there for those 2 weeks, we may have moved on.
BB
LUID
Rumours of a third bid for Ben White from Lufc of £30m being turned down by Brighton . If true I suggest we move on to other CB targets giving better value . 
PapaSmurf
Totally, £30m is plenty. Enough is enough. There's lots of other targets available who can fit the MB mould. And we still have Struijk, Casey, Cresswell and Davis.
Macwhite
LUID wrote:
Rumours of a third bid for Ben White from Lufc of £30m being turned down by Brighton . If true I suggest we move on to other CB targets giving better value . 

I agree entirely Luid, he was a great player for us IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, but £30m plus?? And untried in the Prem?...I don’t think so!
There must be tried and tested players available out there for more realistic money, surely?
Thanks for everything Ben and good luck back in Brighton.
pubrunner
I think that White is a tremendous player and we know that there is no question of him not fitting into the team - he knows Bielsa's system and we would know know what we are getting - unlike with Augustin.  I'd be inclined to increase the bid even further - up to £35m and if Brighton reject that offer, we should look elsewhere.
LeedsPremChamps2020
Ake just went for 40m, proven with experience in the top league. Time to move on (and White is the one player I would have broken the bank for)

WE ARE BACK BABY!
bite your legs
I'd say persevere with it, he's top class and obviously wants to come back here.
enochs extra leg
it's a bs story from football insider or some other click bait site.

if we bid 22 million last time,there is no way we will up the bid 8 million up to 30 million,just doesnt make sense,next logical step would be 25 plus add ons in my opinion.

I would wait & see
Tony Currie10
NOT saying I don't want White but we can get Foyth AND Koch for 30m.... 

Brighton surely have to see that we've turned him from a possible free transfer to a potential 25/30m player!

They WILL take 20 odd mill in the end and are only playing poker with us.... they've got enough CBs anyway and this will buy them an extra 2 players to keep them from relegation again. 

Fair play to them at this early stage and why would they take the money offered now without seeing how much it could go up in an auction!?
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think