Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

BB
Bolton at ER this Saturday is a must win game for LUFC if we are to entertain any hope of the play offs. It is now or never and this much vaunted good run has to start on 8th March.

Our current form over the past 6 games is (last game first)  D-D-L-W-W-D and a total of 8 points from a possible 18. However 4 of those games were away and now we have a good run of home games.

5 of the next 7 games are at ER (Bolton, Reading, Millwall, Doncaster and Charlton) and we need maximum points in all and hope for a couple of draws in the away games (Burnley and Bournemouth). I am dreaming of a 17 point haul from these games and being on 61 points after 39 games.

There were signs v QPR that BM is getting the side to play proper football whilst maintaining a disciplined defence. If we can paly a more incisive quicker passing game which our players are capable of then the exciting times may well return to ER and it is the ER crowd that will have a massive influence on the outcome. If we can stay with the team until the end of each game a positive result will occur.

Wickham's debut augurs well for the future and Murphy looked a far greater attacking threat. Lees/Pearce looked solid again.

Team selection v Bolton is vital. Rudy is away in the Caribbean playing a friendly game for Jamaica v Grenada and past experience shows he will not have his usual energy on Saturday as he is only likely to return to the UK on Friday morning.

Kebe looks totally shot of confidence and is a pale shadow of the player that dominated this division a season and a half ago.

If we do not get a CM on loan this week and if I were BM I'd go for:-

Butland

Peltier Lees Pearce Warnock

Byram Murphy Brown Stewart

Ross Wickham

Subs: Cairns Wooton Pugh Mowatt Kebe Smith Poleon

BB
Wildwood
yep, i agree, bb. unlike those complaining about boro and qpr, i think these are the 'must win' games - win the home games and at least not lose the away games, and we'll be in with a shout.

now we've got two decent strikers, i think we can just about risk playing 4-4-2 (or a variation of it)...although brown is essential in the middle.

so i'd initially go with:

.............butland

byram wooten pearce warnock

....murphy brown austin

..............................stewart

.........ross wickham

giving stewart freedom to roam and get involved with the front two, and byram a bit of freedom to attack. should also improve our possession and build-up play (with murphy and stewart covering right and left-mid positions respectiively when we don't have the ball). but i expect the same team as last week.
Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
Skygod
Minimum of 15 points from those next 7 games with 3 points from the game against Reading and then 'must win' games against Wigan and Forest during the final run in.

3 points on Saturday would be a good place to start.

Definitely don't want to see Kebe in the starting lineup and Austin will probably be out after returning from International duty.

Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
White In Exile
Like the look of that lineup BB. Main thing is to keep Kebe away from the starting lineup until he can demonstrate that he's up to it. (sub?  use late on ..winning by a couple).
If it doesnt happen for us this weekend then we can kiss goodbye any hope of playoffs and concentrate on putting together a squad to mount a serious challenge next season. Cut loose the crud and build. Of course that all depends on having the Italian connection in place too.
Lets hope that deal happens soon, its been quiet out there and on here too.
Tony Montana
Is this the MDT?

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Lilly
I think this is cloud cuckoo land TM

but no harm in having dreams
Tony Montana
Well Lilly I am in cloud cuckoo land every week Leeds are playing. Even if the oppo is in great form. I have hope every game we'll win.

You can check my predictions with Willow over the RKC season. I never ever bet against Leeds. It's why I dropped from the premiership and nearly dropped into your clutches in two years. It's not in me. We can beat Bolton. We have enough,and if Kebe is dropped for Brown then we have a better chance.

I just wish there was a way of passing the passion of the fans on here and Leeds fans the world over to the players dressing room before they line out. We'd be unbeatable.

Just realised how s-hitte our squad is that I'm praying Brown gets the nod.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Wildwood
just looking at the other fixtures, a win on saturday could make things look a whole lot rosier. yes, it's going to be a tough ask, but we've now got a decent front pairing and have also got a few 6-pointers against the teams we're chasing...a couple of good results, six unbeaten, improved confidence, perhaps another loan signing, and who knows....
BB
This is not the MDT Tony

Guis still has that honour. Like you I prefer living in Cloud Cuckoo land and like you, if anyone wants to check with Willow, I always predict a LUFC win and a clean sheet too. Again like you, I am in danger of relegation to Lilly's league next season!!

I like being a dreamer even if the last 10 or so years those dreams have fallen far short of my aspirations. My cup will always be half full and LUFC will always be just around the corner of a triumphant return to the pinnacle of world football.

BTW Brown for Rudy this weekend is essential IMO. Brown is a far better player than people choose to give him credit for and his performances this season have been as good as if not better than other CMs. He is more than good enough for the first tough 70 mins but perhaps needs subbing after that.

BB
Patfooty
Agree BB in that we simply have to make our home advantage count. Agree that Brown should start and Kebe start in the car park! Really looking forward to my first trip to Elland Road for several years - just hope to see some passion in the play which I think has been missing in the TV games I've seen( Didn't see QPR game as at Tooting v Hastings ). Bring it on. A good result is a must but what is even more important IMO is that we follow it up with another and build from there.
carlowasinbrazil
just got my ticket for south stand.
Skygod
"Sometimes you have to risk things and that is what we have been working on this week before the Bolton game."

Let's hope so Brian.
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
White In Exile
Skygod wrote:
"Sometimes you have to risk things and that is what we have been working on this week before the Bolton game."

Let's hope so Brian.

In other words, "Ill be playing the same team as last week and hoping they have learned to pass the ball, use the width of the pitch and not to hoof the ball up field at every opportunity"

Doh ![mad]

Come on Bri,  surprise yourself and me too and do something different. No time for the faint hearted now this is the business end of the season and will be your last chance to prove you've got what it takes.
Wildwood
the thing is, you just don't know what he might mean...after bumming kebe, i'm not sure he's going to drop him...so that's one passenger. what else might be risky? 3 at the back again? 3 up top? fukc knows...will probably end as another bmac wind-up.
BB
BM was only quoting stats from OPTA and these tend to be more relevant than a biased fans view.

When everyone was praising Becchio for working hard and Beckford for being lazy, the stats shower JB covered far more ground (ran longer distances) and made significantly more sprints.

Eyes can mislead.
BB
Wildwood
problem is, bb, if you cover a lot of distance, it doesn't necessarily mean you play well...and in the same way, statistics can be misleading.
slup
Lots of good thoughts. The question is: Do we have a team worthy of the top 6?. My answer is ... not yet. Can we get there? Yes we can but we will need good fortune, other results going our way, ownership problems resolved, Ross and Connor to gel as well as a following wind ( gale ).
I remain optimistic but also realistic. PL next year is fine by me.
blind pilots
hey up slup nice to see you back......

i dont think we`ll make the top 6 this year but we need Cellino to be ratified as owner for us to win promotion next season....

and if he is the owner we will go up as "f-ucking champions" none of this play off sh-ite we`ve been hoping for since we got promoted from league 1.

MOT.....

[running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon]
  [image]   
Wildwood
the team isn't showing enough to suggest a push for the top 6 is possible but, as slup says, if a few things go our way, you never know. if we don't go up, no big deal. but, if cellino gets approved, i expect to see a huge improvement next year, hopefully without bmac.
blind pilots
If Cellino gets control of our Club...

He`ll let McDermott stay till the end of the season (to appease the the fans that still think McDEMOTT is the bees knees)

but at the start of the new season IMO we`ll have an italian coach and quite a few italian players who can pass the ball 5 yards  

between each other without the need to hoof the ball long to no f-ucker.

[image]   
paul mcknockiter
No sh★t sherlock