Lilly
All over Twitter - thank god for that.

Mutual consent
Lilly
Party at my place
stevethemouse
on me way 
LeedsPremChamps2020
You know what this shows me? It shows me our new owner isn't stupid. When he did this last time there was no statement and it happened earlier in the day, he then spent a while running around ER with fans protesting outside.
This time, statement and at midnight.

Not important but it shows me he learns fast.
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Rhino White
Not surprised it just wasn't to be for Brian.
Let the fun and games begin they are all back in on Monday when im sure the law will be made clear to all "listen my friends......." 
Marsh Spain
let Brian leave with his head held high which is more than could have
happened if he continued in the job.

the right decision for me.

LUdacris
It was as inevitable as England not winning the World Cup
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
Marsh Spain
or feckin Japan you cnut [2d7fpg3]

but i hope they win so you keep that pic up always [smiley-score010]

blind pilots
[happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing][happy-dancing]

[running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon]

[running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon][running-around-smiley-emoticon]

[wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave][wave]
  [image]   
Peterlufc
Right to sort it out before the players meet next week.
On paper it has been with dignity and not acrimony.

My guess is lawyers have been negotiating severance deal for last few weeks conditional on MC selling Cagliari so he has the cash to pay BM.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Nigel Gibbs who was not mentioned in press release.

Zac150
Impressive fairwell statement from both parties.

I am glad MC has acknowledged the difficult circumstances McDermott worked under. I for one won't judge him by his performance last year, to manage a team through the $&@? He had too would have been difficult.

I know pundits on here will point to his signings and playing people out of position; we have know idea of the effect not being paid etc had on the players.

vawhite
time to move on, doesn't come as a surprise.  best of luck BMc with your next club and now to see who gets linked to the job as coach.

Keane, Zola will cost too much and some Italian buddy might get the nod and work for room and board similar to Carbone's deal !  Any of MC's 39 former coach's at Cagliari willing to work with him again ?
Skygod
I'm pleased for LUFC that BMD has gone.

Be interesting to see where he goes from here, as many Clubs now seem to be moving to the Coach / Technical director model rather than the autonomous Manager.

Anyone know who Patrick Dolan is?

"To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager Nigel Gibbs and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support."

EDIT : I've now determined that Pat Dolan is his agent.
"To my players for their efforts I say a big thank-you. To all the staff and especially my great assistant manager Nigel Gibbs and my great friend Patrick Dolan I am especially grateful for their support. - See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/x69b36i7vub1f2vvdg30v72t/title/statement-brian-mcdermott#sthash.gZVaidIx.dpuf
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Daniel2
Someone asked if any of MC former manageRs would work witness him again, there is a long list and I believe the 2 biggest and most expensive names on the list would be Claudio Ranieri (would be happy with) and Massimiliano Allegri (would be happy with). A fair managers on MC list have complete more then one stint with him.

On the main subject. BMD

For both parties this was the best way forward at this point in time. It will allow a fresh start to both Leeds united and Brian. It is now important for the next head coach to come in soon and that they be strong in tactical and technical areas of the game. The 2 names above would be our best options but if I was to pick one coach it would be England's under 17's John Peacock for the pure fact he can develop young talent.
Rawdonwhite
Classy statement from both parties. The time had come and the position was untenable. Something had to give.

I wish Brian well and hope he gets an easier gig next time. I don't think he will be out of work for long.

Never a "no news" day at LS11. Monday is going to be one hell of a day. I wish I could be a fly on the wall.
leeds darn sarf
I agree Rawdonwhite. In the end a seemingly dignified exit and statement from Brian.

[leeds_united] 
Wildwood
thank fukc for that! i haven't been this happy since..........errrr....errr......the last time he left.

what's the situation with our bank accounts btw? can't see owt being done until that gets sorted....

Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
leeds darn sarf
LOL, yes I hope he is really gone this time.
   [leeds_united] 
Harrietleeds
Sad. He was the first manager in a while to enhance the club's reputation with his decency and intelligence. He was one of the few to understand the 'family' tradition of the club laid down by Revie. But such is football. He was let down by GFH big time, and perhaps did not have the ruthlessness that was needed as the players lost belief. Like many in his situation, he went back to old allies whom he felt he could trust but it didn't work out.

The situation with our bank accounts is dire, Wildwood. We haven't paid the wages on time again and are still losing loads of money.

Let's hope the winding up petition goes our way, then perhaps there will be some chance of investing instead of paying debts.

Ridsdales Goldfish
He got a Shi.t deal but

A He signed some cra.p

B He saw that cra.p on the bench and played NWs cra.p

C His team got rolled over in an inexcusable manner too often.

D He did fall in love with the club.

However, i am ecstatic this fine morning so I cannot be sad to see him go.
andyl
I'm glad it,s happened now instead of dragging on through the summer.

From a really good start to the worst football I've seen from a Leeds side.

A sense of relief although part of me feels for the guy. Love to sit down with him,have a beer or three and find out what the f.ook happened.
White In Exile
[cheers]
Happy he's gone now...finally.
Thanks Brian, in the end wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time. GFH are the real villans of this episode and Brian was used by them because they knew he'd be a "company man" and fair play to him for being that. Overall though decent bloke without the necessary support in a corrupt environment.
Not helped at all by the attitude of a large chunk of our players and shame on them.
That said his signings were $hit!
Sheppey
about 3 months to late, off field problems aside, just not good enough
[image] 
Ridsdales Goldfish
Sheppey wrote:
about 3 months to late

That's a tad harsh Sheppey. You are only 9 hours too late to break the news.... [rofl]
Pistol White
Has been inevitable since the end of the season, especially after the mini spat about B Mac being on holiday etc... Sorry to see him go, he conducted himself with great dignity during a very difficult time. Good luck B Mac
haworthwhite
Hats off to Cellino! He knew how to play a 'dead manager' rather than just pay the rest of his contract. Mutual consent departure means more money for decent players.
And yet, if McDermott had won just 5 of those 21 defeats we would have been in the play-off lottery mix and he could still be with us in the PL.
The Championship is a very poor league and I am confident that we'll do very well next season. We finally have a real football man in charge of our club!
Sheppey
Ridsdales Goldfish wrote:
Sheppey wrote:
about 3 months to late
That's a tad harsh Sheppey. You are only 9 hours too late to break the news.... [rofl]

only found out this morning, for some reason i went to the England and Peru game last night

[image] 
Ridsdales Goldfish
Selfish bugge.r.

What about your duties on here ffs!

[rofl]
rinner
finally the right decision done in the correct manner thanks bm quality man , well done massimo a bit of his humility in evidence
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Sacked on the day that I sent my renewal forms back to pay for my Season ticket - I have to say I am now happier I have renewed than I was this time yesterday. Says it all really.
World  Champion
revo
Good that the general sentiment seems to be that this has been well handled for once. I'd agree.

It's been inevitable that BMc would be going at some time soon and like others on here I've got some sympathy with him. GFH clearly didn't back him with serious funds, and being manager whilst all the take-over shenanigans were going must have been hell. He seems like a decent bloke, and I'm pleased that he's not being being bitter and slagging everyone off. That shows a bit of style and thought for the club that he seems to have taken to his heart. Good for him.

However, he did make some seriously bad signings, persisted with players that clearly weren't delivering and struggled to find a formation that worked all year. I suppose he could argue that he was being loyal to the people he brought in, but if so that was his downfall. Managers need to be realistic and ruthless in times like that.

Strange thing is, I think that if he'd left the team alone at Christmas and not tried to 'improve' it, we may still have hit the play-offs - it wasn't the best team in the division but with Ross banging in goals all over the place we were getting results. Still, that would just have been papering over the cracks I suppose.

At least we start with (yet another) clean sheet next season - just hoping that Cellino doesn't try to be manager as well as owner. I'm sure he's keen enough, but really.......!

Lilly
To give Massimo his due it is good to see an adult outcome to this. Great statement from Brian as well - the man seems to be class as a person. Lovely of him to acknowledge his "great friend" Pat Dolan. Pat might be unknown in the UK (he was a trainee at Arsenal when Brian was there and has been involved in the League of Ireland and as a pundit after his career finished early). Class departure from the man - pity he wasn't up to the job as a manager but delighted it ended in this way rather than on Fiasco Friday.

Chalk this one down as a plus for Massimo, but let see who he has lined up to come in.

Marsh Spain
be careful Lil Massimo's getting to you [wink]

flatcap
is the current situation stable enough to support a heavy players in players out system before season starts?...[a0l8p3]...this backroom chaos looks like it will need multiple staff changes,
LEEDS UNITED INTERNATIONALLY FAMOUS WORLDWIDE