Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Soopaleeds
Apparently in talks with the Dig Fiddlers.
This would be a loss, particularly as we build the academy up at grade 1 status.
What do we think of his impending departure?
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
PapaSmurf
I think he could do a lot better than Huddersfield. 
1972Glory
Surprised if it's true, but maybe he wants to cut his teeth at the top job so cannot blame him for that. I thought he would be the natural successor to Bielsa given that he knows the system inside out, I would imagine though that nothing will happen until Bielsa has decided on his future or decided for him!
andyl
Same as above.

Thought he’d take over when Bielsa does eventually go.

Waste going to the dog botherers 
LUID
He deserves a chance as a first team coach (with increased salary package) and will go with Rads blessing . If things don’t work out I’m sure he’d be welcome back at LUFC .
BB
Needs to really prove himself so Dog Botherers is not a bad job to start with. Am sure VO, AR and MB will have names that can replace him. Most of the U23s have trained with the first team so know our coaching staff and style of play already. The link between U23s and the first team has been built and the kids can see a path into the first team. Just need to find someone that wants and knows how to play MB's way
BB
Soopaleeds
Pablo Hernandez.....
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
LeedsPremChamps2020
I think if he goes there and proves himself, maybe he takes over in two years (something in the contract to give first refusal) and Bielsa picks someone to run the u23’s, remember, Carlos wasn’t his choice, he has just fit in seamlessly which is a huge thing on your CV, you don’t fit in with Marcelo without being exceptional and hard working.
apparently he was approached prior to this season but Radz asked for at least another year for continuity and he agreed, so he’s earned his shot if he feels ready.
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
BB
Pablo will want to go back to Spain after next season. One last year playing for the club he part owns and his family can return to their homeland after years of being nomads. Leeds will always be his second home but Castellón is his first home and where his heart is, even if he reduced his role due to disagreements regarding the team in April 2019, but he did keep his position as shareholder. Would expect him to become more actively involved there after next season.

However, you never know! LUFC has a way of finding its way into players hearts as has the city of Leeds. 
BB
Tony Currie10
Is nobody else worried about Corberan leaving? He is so highly rated and was obviously a massive part of our promotion....

We've only done the first part of our overall job by being promoted....!

I'd have thought he'd have wanted to stay with us to learn under Bielsa in the big boys league with a view to taking over when Bielsa leaves....? 

He's gone to a c-rap club in the Championship and if he's not promised any money for players, they'll struggle again.... 

He's only 37 and can get a similar job to the Udders one at any time in the future.... 

I know he may have looked into this a tad more than me though.... Hoddle could come in his place to oversee everything 🙏🤔

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Bull Thick With Drink
Corberan leaving not ideal but if the guy has ambitions in becoming a 1st team coach he would want to prove it to himself and possibly thought try a lower league club first. I agree udders may not be the best place to start for him but if he can turn that club around maybe Chairmen of other clubs will see him as a safe pair of hands
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

LeedsPremChamps2020
There is a positive side to this I think is going unseen. 
This ‘may’ mean Bielsa signs up to another two years, he will want to ensure any new u23’s coach gets it to the level Carlos did and he will also have a hand in picking his replacement now I would imagine. 
Carlos will be a huge loss, make no mistake, there aren’t many people who will fit so seamlessly with Bielsa’s philosophy and that’s a huge positive for any employer, he’s earned his shot and we should acknowledge his commitment to the vision we had, he could have left last year but was asked to give another year for continuity and it worked, Pat him on the back and thank him. 
Who next will be pretty interesting to watch!
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Soopaleeds
What's to stop this being part of Corberan's development before he returns.......?
We'll need a successor to Bielsa eventually and if Poch is engaged elsewhere, why wouldn't you have a West Yorkshire based alternative who knows what its all about.
andyl
If Corberan was to take over the reigns when Bielsa leaves, surely he should do it from a position of knowing the squad inside out. A spell at the dog botherers will take him out the loop. He’s missing out in at least one season of Premiership experience. Scrapping for survival in the Championship is a light year away.
Good luck to him non the less.
The Dukes Guts
Experience gained by managing a first team is invaluable and he will make mistakes so I’d rather those mistakes be made at the poodles than with us
PapaSmurf
You have to remember Corberan is one of a number of coaches at Leeds - Quiroga, Flores and Reyes are/were at least the equal of CC. It's more the u23s will be without a manager but given that we now have a premier academy, I don't think there will be too big a problem backfilling that position. 

Bielsa seems to like to train up young coaches. Pablo Quiroga is 38, Diego Reyes 39,  Diego Flores  39. Now I don't know if Pablo has done his coaching exams or not, but he would  seemingly fit the mould for a MB coach, possibly a playing coach.
Bull Thick With Drink
Pablo wants to go back to Spain after his playing career is over, much and all as i would love him to stay at the Club i dont think its going to happen.

Pablo is a wizard on the pitch but off it is he as talented in a coaching role, not sure, not all good players automatically make good coaches and vice versa not all good coaches would have done it on the pitch in their playing days.
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

PapaSmurf
I wouldn't overly worry about it, we have loads of coaches at every level of the club, and MB can take his pick from anybody he wants. I don't see this as a particularly big worry. CC will be forgotten  by the time the next season starts.
stevethemouse
yep i saw a twitter post unveiling him shame 
andyl
If CC makes too many mistakes at the dog botherers he’ll be out on his ars.e and no one in the EFL will touch him.
Hope he makes a success of it.

Not too much though!
BB
Can see CC taking Gotts on a permanent and Ryan too, perhaps on loan. Robbie is 21 when season starts and needs to be playing first team football so too does Ryan. 
BB
Chack0
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pascal-struijk-alfie-mccalmont-huddersfield-appoint-corberan-could-leeds-kids-follow-the-verdict/

CC could take a few of our academy players on loan.
Would be ideal for the likes of Alfie McCalmont, Oliver Casey, HenriKumwenda and Robbie Gotts.
BB
Am hearing he is looking at taking Gotts on loan and it's a toss-up between Alfie and Bogusz. All need to sign new contracts at LUFC first.

Also LUFC keen to work with Barnsley as they play a similar style and are local so kids do not have to move and can back to TA for extra training when needed. May see 2 of Casey, Stevens, Davis or Kamwa ending up there on loan next season.
BB
enochs extra leg
He wont take over from Bielsa if he is u23 coach and we are still in PL tbh,the risk worked out with DOL but I think Radz is aiming way higher,let him cut his teeth at Udders(they expect results so pressure packed job) and let him take a few on loan from u23' s.win win.Bielsa or Orta will have great choices to take over from CC who will learn the Bielsa way.if he does great which I think he will we welcome him back if he fails we welcome him back as a coach😁