Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

blind pilots Show full post »
Wildwood
massimo says the players are good enough...(btw, i sent him a text saying the players are good enough, but the manager is poor...looks like he agrees!)[giggle]

and: “When I make mistakes, when I do things wrong, you write s**t about me,” he says. “If it’s true, if it’s your opinion, I respect you more if you write s**t. Don’t kiss my ass.”

my kind of guy!
Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
Battysheridan
Dessip wrote:
Can't be ar5ed to start a new thread but can anyone tell me how it's decided upon which poster merits 'new signing', '1st team player' or on the subs bench? Never really noticed it before but now I'm curious...

Dont know Dessip  been on here 10 years and i should be getting my testimonial but still a new boy like you.
Skygod
Wildwood wrote:
(VERY selective quote) I respect you more if you .... kiss my ass.

Epic 1,000th post [32zoqas] you '1st Team player'.

Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Wildwood
damn, sg, are you on commission or summat? you only registered a couple of months ago but, at the rate you're going, you'll be overtaking my post count by the end of the day!

i guess, now that i'm in the 'thousand club', i can get all chummy with other 'thousand club' members...amma right, fellas...maaa brothers, maaa homies! [drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon]
Lilly
Great that he's enthusiastic and passionate.

Great that he clearly wants action. Let's hope the players raise their game today.
Some worrying aspects of that interview for me though were

1. The idea that McDermott might be suitable as a coach. Hard to see much evidence of coaching ability in the last 12 months. We're playing poor quality football, there has been little or no improvement in younger players like Lees, Byram and Murphy in that time, while Mowatt seems to have hit a wall, and tactically we seem to have disappeared up our holes in confusion. I'd almost take the view we'd be better off leaving Brian to the financials and economics and let Cellino do the coaching.

2. An even bigger concern is the idea that the players are good enough.
Again, based on what available evidence other than a few weeks in the top 6 when even then many on here (well mainly Wildwood tbh) were decrying the quality?
Is this the first step in convincing us we don't really need to invest much in the squad?

Sceptical b1tch ain't I ?

Let's see what you've really got Massimo.
Wildwood
lilly, tbh, i don't think he rates him as a coach either, otherwise he wouldn't have wanted him out of the door (plus, it would look unfair if he'd already made up his mind about bmac...at least he can now say, 'i gave him a chance'.)

Quote:
An ever bigger concern is the idea that the players are good enough

believe me, the players are good enough. evidence? just look at the contrast between some of our good performances and our regular performances. at times (when certain tactical ingredients/team selections are right), we're suddenly a good team and can pass the ball and retain possession...this wouldn't be possible if the players didn't have the ability. plus, look at the wealth of top level experience in our squad - that alone contradicts many people's claims of our players being unable to do the basics (but this is an old argument i've presented time and time again).

Quote:
Is this the first step in convincing us we don't really need to invest much in the squad?

i think 4 or 5 good players will suffice for year one...the rest being decent squad players to replace some ooc players.
i think a good manager will maximise the potential of our existing crop, and will also be able to give opportunities to the younger players.
Lilly
Wildwood wrote:
lilly, tbh, i don't think he rates him as a coach either, otherwise he wouldn't have wanted him out of the door (plus, it would look unfair if he'd already made up his mind about bmac...at least he can now say, 'i gave him a chance'.)

Quote:
An ever bigger concern is the idea that the players are good enough

believe me, the players are good enough. evidence? just look at the contrast between some of our good performances and our regular performances. at times (when certain tactical ingredients/team selections are right), we're suddenly a good team and can pass the ball and retain possession...this wouldn't be possible if the players didn't have the ability. plus, look at the wealth of top level experience in our squad - that alone contradicts many people's claims of our players being unable to do the basics (but this is an old argument i've presented time and time again).

Quote:

i think 4 or 5 good players will suffice for year one...the rest being decent squad players to replace some ooc players.
i think a good manager will maximise the potential of our existing crop, and will also be able to give opportunities to the younger players.

Being good enough means being consistently good enough WW. It's no good being good enough when you feel like it once in a blue moon. Maybe some of that is down to the manager's inability to organise or coach tactics but in the whole I would only consider Kenny, Byram, Pearce, Warnock, Ross and Smith to have shown themselves to be consistently good enough. Murphy and Mowatt may develop, Poleon after a year at a less pressurised championship or league 1 outfit might develop, but there's very little else in that squad that's going to get us anywhere near promotion. 7 or 8 new players to form the core of a quality, smaller squad for me.