Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #51 

Both agree and disagree with above 2 posts....

I agree that we WON'T sign another CB but disagree and think we SHOULD. ...

Surely the time to add to a squad to be even more competitive is when we are doing well? Players will WANT to sign for us then!?

Yes, we've got the best record of not conceding goals but that doesn't mean it will last. What happens if Ben White gets recalled or injured? If we go with just Coops and 5'6" Beradi, then BOTH WILL GET INJURED AND SUSPENDED....that's without them having a loss of form as well.

Title winning teams need competition and a squad where a player can come in seemlessly....haven't we been here before and run out of steam!?

Why wait until we have a poor run to change it?

We have to be PRO-ACTIVE....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #52 
One word answer for you mate, Bielsa.
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #53 
With Bielsa , for all his fabulous football, you have someone who is nearly 100% loyal to his core squad. You end up with great stability and the players knowing exactly what is asked of them. Downside is that any new player has an exceedingly difficult time getting in the first team unless there are injuries/suspensions.

I think this is his Achilles Heel and may cost us promotion again this season.

For this reason alone I don’t see any additions during January however much some of us think we need to. I just hope at the end of the season it’s not another case of “what if”.

I had a dream last night that we get promoted in record early time. The caveat to this is that we also finish second. Totally logical🙄
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl

I had a dream last night that we get promoted in record early time. The caveat to this is that we also finish second. Totally logical🙄

possible, if us and WBA win every game left and they beat us, we finish second but know we have won promotion in February...

get on that as a bet 🤣 
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #55 
AndyL

It's actually also possible if Leeds go on a massive run but with another team staying within touching distance - get mathematically clear of third by the end of March then go to sleep and get pipped to the title by the team that was second when we secured promotion.....

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #56 

Quote:
With Bielsa , for all his fabulous football, you have someone who is nearly 100% loyal to his core squad. You end up with great stability and the players knowing exactly what is asked of them. Downside is that any new player has an exceedingly difficult time getting in the first team unless there are injuries/suspensions.

I think this is his Achilles Heel and may cost us promotion again this season.

For this reason alone I don’t see any additions during January however much some of us think we need to. I just hope at the end of the season it’s not another case of “what if”.

I'm not sure I agree that it is an Achilles heel. The smaller squad means players are less likely to get disillusioned or disruptive as they are more likely to get game time. And MB compensates for suspensions and injuries by prioritizing on players who can play multiple positions. Only the goalkeepers, Bamford, Cooper and White are single position players. Added to all that is the knowledge he can always drop into the u23s, I'd be confident Davis, Bogusz and Gotts are ready now, they've spent the last 18 months playing his type of football. The secret is to ensure there's quality throughout the squad rather than quantity. Given that White, Costa, Nkeita and Meslier are a step up on Janson, Saiz, Roofe and BPF, there's every reason to expect more from this season. Either way, he knows more about football than I ever will, or indeed than most of the fans and analysts.
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #57 
Fair points Papa.
That Bamford as you say is a single position player is ours and Bielsa’s weakness. He loves the guy and our promotion is in both their hands.
The worry for me is that we don’t have a slot in replacement. Eddie is not the same type of player.
I really hope Bamford starts firing soon. If not Bielsa’s faith in him might cost us.
PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #58 
Quote:
Fair points Papa.
That Bamford as you say is a single position player is ours and Bielsa’s weakness. He loves the guy and our promotion is in both their hands.
The worry for me is that we don’t have a slot in replacement. Eddie is not the same type of player.
I really hope Bamford starts firing soon. If not Bielsa’s faith in him might cost us.

I'd agree that Bamford is the weakest link and I wouldn't be adverse to an upgrade, but hard to see it happening.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #59 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf

I'd agree that Bamford is the weakest link and I wouldn't be adverse to an upgrade, but hard to see it happening.

Reportedly Eddie was a 5 million year loan. Bamford was a 7 million purchase. It’s better for Leeds if we concentrate on keeping Eddie as we’ve been told ffp prohibits big purchases and if you’re expecting a big money purchase (as would be needed by all accounts, strikers are the most expensive after all), if his loan is that high what do they actually value him at????? We couldn’t buy that even with QSI money!!!!!!
I don’t think you’re looking at the big picture at all!
We haven’t seen Pablo for a long time, we know his quality, Forshaw is close to back and was one of the stand outs at the start of the season. Roberts is showing signs of the player we hoped we had signed.
The ONLY business I see being probable is Clarke returning to Spurs to be reloaned elsewhere that haven’t got 6 loanees like we have. There will be no replacement.

This will all change if there is any long term suspensions or injuries. What we want (extra CB, Striker or whatever) doesn’t fit the current scenario and I would prefer to let Marcelo do his thing, he is entertaining me like no other has in a long damn time!!!!!!!
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #60 
From my Arsenal "Friends", Eddie was a £2 million loan fee deal with us paying his wages of approx £18k per week.

They value him less now as Martinez has been doing so well and is in front of him in the striker queue. It is likely they will send him out on loan next season too.

In Jan expect Clarke to return to Spurs, Meslier to be made permanent and a loan for a wide player cum striker.

I take my hat of to MB, who would have thought that 16 games in, we would not miss Pontus?

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #61 
Fully agree that White in terms of defending and football ability is an upgrade on Pontus (who i rate as a v. good defender/player at this level) So yes, didn't expect White to be that good, do feel we still lack the heading ability of Jansson in defence and attack.
Eddie has done well, certainly in terms of goalratio and actual minutes on the pitch, but otherwise he's very much an underused player. This despite our main striker going through a very barren patch (1 goal, a pen. in what 10 games?).
Not doubting there's more to come from Nketia.
About Costa, think most fans expected a lot more from him, but other than a few flashes he hasn't been able to live up to the expectations. 
Meslier, now i'm very openminded, but reality is that he's been on the bench and playing reserve team football thus far.

Biggest concern/issues remain that we've got little to no chance of getting White and Nketia permanently.
And the 15M for the Costa we've seen so far seems an awful lot of money.
Would rather see us invest 10 - 12

Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #62 
...Would rather see us invest 10 - 12M on a couple of players during the January window, rather than splashing out 15M on a player who to me often looks like something of a "luxury".
bite your legs

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #63 
If the investment comes in from QSI our first bit of business should be a deal to sign Ben White permanently, a goal scoring wide man next Jarrod Bowen would be ideal,not much more needed as we have a fantastic core of players around 23 and under.
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #64 
Send Clarke back to Spurs, free up a place and try and persuade Dwight Gale to come here. Got a feeling though he’s Baggies bound and will help fire them to the Premiership.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #65 
Gayle's knees are knackered which leads to other injuries - calf + hamstring. Did well last season but bringing in players from past memories is not always sensible. Would be a huge financial risk as barcodes know they can get at least £1.5million loan fee + the club to pay at least £40k per week of his reputed loan fee. This for a guy who has been injured most of this season and not pulled up any trees when he has been fit.

If we keep Eddie, he is not needed. Patrick will come good.

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #66 

I'm not saying this is the answer, but if we haven't got much dosh to spend in January, would you take Kodjia and Ayala on frees/loan til the end of the season and just splash out on Bradley Dack, who would be a lot cheaper than Bowen....

Edmundson is not gonna get a chance and would Kodjia and Ayala fit our style of play? Only putting them forward as no transfer fees will be involved and they are PROVEN Championship players. ...

Don't just dismiss these players and give viable cheap options to them....

We need something as i don't think he'll gamble with our youngsters making debuts in the New Year....

Bielsa probably won't change the squad anyway! !

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #67 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

We need something as i don't think he'll gamble with our youngsters making debuts

really? That’s exactly what I think he will do unless it’s a long term injury we don’t have decent cover for. He won’t get another CB whilst HE is happy with Beradi and Ayling. He won’t get a RB when we have Ayling and Dallas. He won’t get a LB when we have Dallas, Alioski, Douglas and Davis. He won’t get a DCM when he is happy to let Forshaw drop in there (if he ever comes back) and it appears from reports he is willing to use Ben White there this weekend. Maybe even a youngster in this spot? He won’t get a LW when we have Alioski, Harrison, ?... well, you get my point that HE feels he has multiple cover for every position with a full squad. Maybe striker is a bit short but don’t be surprised if he is needed that Edmondson gets a game or two (max). 

you want Dack, you drop Hernandez to be an impact sub and Roberts doesn’t play when back. You get Ayala in and drop who? He won’t come here to sit on the bench, he needs to keep his career moving not stall.
its not as simple as “we want this player, so that’s who we get” when, not least, Marcelo wouldn’t play a player he didn’t ask for, he’s proven that before and you’d probably damage the clubs relationship with him if you do something he doesn’t want.

either you trust MB or you don’t. If you don’t he walks, we know that. 

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #68 
Talksport rumour mill tonight

£13M for Ivan Toney.....

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #69 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopaleeds
Talksport rumour mill tonight

£13M for Ivan Toney.....

LOL i heard that is well. It's just adrian durham spiuting shii-te as usual.  There is now way in a month of sundays that our 'spend' crazy' chairman will spend £13,000,000 on a third division player!

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #70 
I thought it was hilarious. He's not a bad player but £13M.....

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #71 
TC - Dack, Kodjia and Ayala?

Come on guy! Have a bit of style and aim a little higher.

None would suit our style of play and none would turn out to be a good signing for LUFC.

Did you not watch Ayala just hoof the ball out of play each time he was threatened when we played hem this weekend. No skill and no class. A slightly younger version of Butler without his "ball playing" ability!

Dack is OK at Blackburn but the ER crowd would crucify him. Watched him a lot when he played for Gills and he was never outstanding. Not is the same league as Pablo, Klitch, Roberts and even Shackleton. No real creativity but a goal poacher in a side that likes to play long and put high crosses into the box at every opportunity.

Kodiija - 1 good season in 5 does not make a PROVEN Championship player! A strike rate of 1 goal every 3 games really is nowt to boast about and his dodgy ankle is unlikely to allow him to play regularly.

I would not go for Gayle either or Kamara. There are better out there so I am sure VO and MB know more about what we need than me and all of the other keyboard warriors. 

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.