Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #1 
Imo we need to use this window well. I don't have the financial details on how much we can spend but surely this is the time to try and strengthen a couple of key areas.

Looking at a worse case scenario first, if we don't go up this season, I think Bielsa will sail off into the sunset,possibly with a shot with another team in the Premiership. Players like Philips will be sold and White will return to Brighton. I for one could not bear a return to mid table mediocrity but the flip side is match day tickets would be more readily available I suppose!

For all Banford's work rate, this is the obvious area for additions. Dwight Gayle is often talked about on here, and let's face it, he isn't getting game time at the Barcodes. This lack of first team action could be a drawback however.

We need cover for centre half. Here I'm stumped as to who and welcome anyone's suggestions.

We always say January is important. I feel this one is THE most important one we've ever had. Use it well and glory awaits. I we don't...….

Best case scenario is we don't invest and we get over the line with what we have and then happy days. I just think it would be a missed opportunity not to boost the possibility of this outcome.
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #2 
Yes Andyl, We do need to invest in January, simply because others will and we cannot afford another slip up this time.
As you rightly point out, our best players would be sold and we would be confined to mid table mediocracy until a new buyer/investor is found.
We would be less attractive to a potential investor without Bielsa and our best players, sitting in mid table as well!
Don’t make this mistake again Radz, do what the politicians are doing.....Spend now, pay later!
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #3 
IT is definitely going to be interesting eddie White and Phillips could be gone!! If so they all need to be replaced plus bring in a couple more

If not we need to buy early and avoid what happened with James last year That mistake probably cost us millions of pounds and a place in the PL

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4
IT is definitely going to be interesting eddie White and Phillips could be gone!! If so they all need to be replaced plus bring in a couple more

If not we need to buy early and avoid what happened with James last year That mistake probably cost us millions of pounds and a place in the PL

Interesting article on James transfer, turns out Jenkins didn’t like being backed into a corner and just decided to be hard nosed. He justifies it now with where he went for how much but it’s a simple case of someone wanting to be bloody minded and didn’t care the results.
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #5 

Who knows how much we'll spend? Probably get the same old line of our team is good enough to get promotion without having to spend....

On top of this, Bielsa is stubborn in integrating players into the starting X1 without first qualifying for a testimonial....

Surely we've learnt from before and want to be promoted in our CENTENARY SEASON!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #6 
Read somewhere that the Baggies are after Dwight Gayle. With their attach I reckon it would all but guarantee them auto promotion.

Basing an opinion of what has happen before, I reckon we'll get no one. That will be a real opportunity missed. Bielsa is brilliant but a tad stubborn. The latter might just cost us again this season.
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #7 
Twitter is awash with Ayala? On his way in jan
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #8 

Would love Ugly Ayala as hes a 'proper' CB....can he play the Bielsa way though?

He's one of those players who we love to hate in the opposition but would love him as one of our own....i think!

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #9 
My postie is a Smoggy. Home n away ..except he ain’t coming ER as he reckons we’ll murder em on & off pitch! He said this morning he has heard Ayala nailed on. Gibson wants his money back and won’t put anymore in.
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #10 
Ayala is absolutely a NO for me.
red card machine, slow and lumbering - no evidence of an ability to be calm in possession, I constantly have banter with my Smoggy colleagues at work about how much of a liability he is.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #11 
Boro's Prem parachute payments have run out. Ayala will be a free in the summer so they will hop to offload him in jan to get some money in. Wont be cheap as he is one of their highest earners. Cannot see us wanting to pay £50k per week for a 3rd/4th choice CB at ER.

More likely rumours starting now in the hope of stimulating interest and increasing his value.

Always seemed to me to be an old fashioned CB who is happy to use his head but not so good with his feet. I hope we aim better in Jan.

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #12 
how about shock horror it is to replace white?!!!!!![freaked-out-smiley-emoticon]
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #13 

White will only go if BHA recall him and guarantee him a starting slot. They will not sell him even for £30 million. They know one good season in the Prem will make him a £75 million 

+ player.

However, it is the player that will decide If he is happy at ER and can see a chance of real glory, why would he want to leave? Same with Eddie and Kalvin.

VO needs to make contingency plans though.

Clarke will be gone in Jan, Meisler should be permanent so we have a free space for a high quality loan. If White and Eddie go, then there are 2 more spaces for good quality loans.

However, if I was a 20 year old kid making my way in football, I would want another 6 months learning from MB. That would let me earn far more money in the future.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #14 
Can anybody clarify if White was supposed to be season long or was it always a loan to Jan?

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #15 
White is on a season long loan but BHA have an option to recall in Jan for any particular reason. Same deals as Eddie and JC.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #16 
I do hope AR/VO/MB have learned a painful lesson from last January's window. Hopefully we will be in a similar place in the league table but we get a different outcome in that market. Early planning and decisive action is the key as the James saga last season showed us.
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #17 
Can't help but think January may be a pivotal part in our history.

Will it be the period we will all say, that was when we took firm steps to get back to the top flight, or will we remember it as another wasted opportunity?

If we do loan / buy it needs to be early to get the player/s settled into the Bielsa way,because we know how long that takes. White, I hope, does not get recalled because he's been one of our players of the season so far. Clarke doesn't seem to figures in the managers plans but I suppose Spurs won't want him back just yet. I have a feeling Eddie might go on lane elsewhere to get more game time so we'll need at least another striker. Even if he stays we need another striker though.

Wheels fall off the wagon or a new set of alloys?

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #18 

Why wouldn't we want Ayala!?

I can see the point of posts if we don't think Ayala can play the 'Bielsa way'.
However, he's a PROVEN Championship CB and we need cover , at least, but also COMPETITION for places....he also gives us the option of playing alongside White and Coops as a Plan B for 3 at the back.

Above all else he can actually DEFEND set pieces AND be a threat in ATTACKING our own set pieces which i don't see anyone else doing!

I think we're clouded by the judgement of him being a 'horrible' player from the opposition (ala Keogh) who hasnt actually done anything wrong apart from show passion, put his body on the line and get in our faces....

We've had enough of those type of players in our team who we love!!

We have to remember that we could be without the recalled White, we WILL lose Coops to injury AND suspension and we WILL lose our 5'6" CB Beradi to injury AND suspension....we're only a third of the way through the season!

Kalvin and Ayling aren't CBs and Bielsa obviously doesn't trust our youth in Strukijk, Casey etc stepping in....

Ugly Ayala will be a very small fee as he'll be out of contract and exactly the right type of CHAMPIONSHIP player to dig in and get us over the line....

It's all very well saying who we DON'T want but who DO we want!? Quality PROVEN CBs are not going to be available in January except for MASSIVE fees which we either won't pay because we cant afford to or the FFP will stop us anyway!

Looking forward to hearing the names of these cheap/free available CBs who are quality, PROVEN Championship players ....

ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopaleeds
Ayala is absolutely a NO for me.
red card machine, slow and lumbering - no evidence of an ability to be calm in possession, I constantly have banter with my Smoggy colleagues at work about how much of a liability he is.

Think back .. Phillips was a red card waiting to happen , couldn’t string a pass etc. Coops was a liability..Then Bielsa happened. I wouldn’t bet Against him turning Ayala into a storming centre back!

By the way Keough is gash. Even Bielsa couldn’t save him !!!

& DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #20 
I personally hope we never have to put the Ayala theories to the test - I'm very happy for him to get relegated with the Smoggies…..

If he was 21 I might concede your point, but he's 29 and has 14 yellows and 3 reds in the last 2 seasons..... we don't need another Berardi however nice the guy is.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
Looking at a worse case scenario first, if we don't go up this season, I think Bielsa will sail off into the sunset,possibly with a shot with another team in the Premiership.
Anyone else think Bielsa may sail off, come what may?

There may be more of a chance of his staying if we go up in order to complete his "project" but I don't think that's by any means a certainty - and if he does leave I think it's unlikely he'll go to an EPL team.

My hunch is that one way or another we'll have a new manager next season. 

[cry-blow][cry-blow][cry-blow][cry-blow][cry-blow]
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #22 
He could play when Berra is suspended & vice versa. If he’s cheap we are win/win. Let him go if promoted or use as back up. Don’t see an issue really. He’s what we have needed every January window. Leaves more cash vouchers to get another goal getter. Bigger issues coming as Pablo obviously lost a yard and will need replacing soon.
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #23 

Ayala, Bowen and Gayle on top of our existing squad will GUARANTEE to get us promoted for 30m....!!😂👍⚽️

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #24 
Would it be breaking any rules if PSG bought a player in January and then loaned him out to us immediately with a view to making it permenant in the summer..... 😑
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #25 
good thinking Voice.

I heard PSG have put a bid in for Ayala.....  [freaked-out-smiley-emoticon]

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soopaleeds
good thinking Voice.

I heard PSG have put a bid in for Ayala.....  [freaked-out-smiley-emoticon]

I was hoping more along the lines of Erling Haaland or Bagdad Bounedja... 😎
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #27 

Yes, good thinking Voice but I'm sure the EFL would have some say about it as it's us!! However, didn't Forest do that about a year ago with 'buying' players from the Chairman's other club in either Greece or Portugal?

Do PSG/Qatar Sports own any of us yet or are we getting ahead of ourselves!?

Quality Soopa and can just imagine Neymars face when he meets Ayala....!😂

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoiceofreason

I was hoping more along the lines of Erling Haaland or Bagdad Bounedja... 😎

As much as we'd all love Haaland, he's out of our price range until we reach the Prem....

However, Baghdad Bob has an UNBELIEVABLE goalscoring record, albeit in c-rap leagues, but he'd be in our price range in transfer fees and wages

batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #29 
I also think that Ayala is out of our price range for a cover CB at 50k per week

I also see we are scouting The Rangers midfielder Kamara

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4
I also think that Ayala is out of our price range for a cover CB at 50k per week

I also see we are scouting The Rangers midfielder Kamara

Kamara is already valued at 8m so I suppose 5m is nearer the figure....sounds decent but we need players to get us out of this division.

Where did you see that Ugly Ayala was earning 50kpw!!? If he is then we shouldn't touch him with a barge pole....I've read it's 25k but then nobody really knows.

Sounds like your sources are as bad as your horse tips or Lord Windyballs weather predictions....

If he was earning circa 50k then he should be spending it on a facelift and dental work....

batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #31 
LOL you dumbass [grin-smiley-emoticon]

New Signing
Reply with quote  #32 
No idea why we are not using Jack Clarke. But if Bielsa knows best there sure as hell better be promotion on the end of this! If not, money much better spent on players surely. Sold out stadiums deserve better, but Bielsa's record suggests that second best is as good as it gets.
daveyboy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #33 
I've only been supporting this club for 40+ years but this 'in Bielas we trust' nonsense is doing my head in. Easy games drawn and third place. How are Preston much better than us on the basis of zero investment? How were Norwich so much better? Far, far better coaching and investment.
Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #34 
I’ve been supporting this club for 30 years roughly and I am absolutely delighted in the way it is currently being run. I am delighted with the transformation made by Radz. I am delighted with the transformation of the mediocre players which is all down to Bielsa and his coaching team. I am delighted with us giving players contracts rather than losing them for a pittance. I am delighted with the style of football we are playing. I am delighted at the fact we are a point better off now compared to last season, when we actually sat top of the league with one less point.

I am delighted that we no longer have managers like Heckingbottom picking the team, I personally think we would have been looking at relegation under his management.

It seems to me that some fans want their cake and eat it, they also want to eat Norwich’s and the rest of the football leagues cake too. Let’s not be too greedy.
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #35 

Totally agree SB but we've been patient for 15yrs....if we don't go up this season we'll lose the likes of Kalvin, Klich, Coops, Harrison to other clubs.

All these players have had bad times with the boo boys and Bielsa has turned them round....

White will be recalled, Pablo will be in Spain, our youngsters will be picked off etc etc. We'll be left with a VERY mediocre squad hoping to avoid relegation and the cycle will start again....

However much fun it was, i don't want to be playing bingo in a portakabin with one of the Kaiser Chiefs and Cheltenham fans before an away game again....

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #36 
I've been frustrated this season in our inability to make our dominance count - it's the kind of thing that bites you in the b***** later in the season and risks promotion. To miss out on promotion would undoubtedly take us backwards in the programme.

BUT

Having said that I've also been really pleased with the development of the club from the grass roots upwards under Radz, and that period includes the appointment of Kinnear, Orta and Bielsa the buy back of ER etc.
Sustainability is something I have no fears over. I don't believe we'll sink so far backwards if Bielsa leaves or if we don't go up - I expect with the green shoots of the U23/U18 programmes and the financial clout in Championship terms we'll still be a competitive team. We also have a squad mostly young and on long term deals.

Ask a gardener how to make the garden look beautiful - he won't tell you to paint the leaves a nicer shade of green, he'll tell you to get the ground conditions right, water the plants properly, feed them right and get the right mix of plants - it takes time and not quick fixes. Radz has been a great gardener for Leeds Utd so far.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #37 
If Rad and/or QSI are serious about wanting to take us forward to the big time,they won't want us to blow it this time....i can definately see some kind of cash injection in January,because if Rad is doing a deal with QSI..... not only will he want us to get promotion this year but so will QSI,and if it takes them pumping some cash into our kitty or even loaning us a player or two from PSG.....they will do it to protect their investment...... I've got a good feeling about this..... and i reckon Rad was just testing the water when he mentioned the possibilty of QSI coming on board and eventually taking over....of course he wants to be part of it,who wouldn't?

And a similar deal to the one he did with Cellino makes perfect sense,the only difference i see is he will want to stay on the board in some capacity...and thats fine by me...he deserves to reap the benefits of our promotion..... 👍
Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #38 
I think it’s safe to say we are all sick of being in the Championship, We all want promotion and for us to sit at the top table where we belong again. I just struggle to get my head around some of the criticism which is aimed at Radz and Bielsa. We had a team that were all set for a relegation battle, in comes Bielsa (appointed by Radz) and we are transformed into title contenders with minimal additions to the squad. it’s not so long ago that we were run by Cellino who stumbled from one disaster to another, Bates before him who just wanted to strip us bare and milk the living daylights out of us. All in all I’m happy with the way the club are being run and above all else I want promotion, but sadly we don’t have a god given right to be promoted.

In relation to the mention of QSI above, what’s everyone’s thoughts on us doing a Wolves style arrangement. If I remember rightly Radz wrote to the Football League to query whether or not the arrangement they had breached any of the leagues regulations.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbagger

In relation to the mention of QSI above, what’s everyone’s thoughts on us doing a Wolves style arrangement. If I remember rightly Radz wrote to the Football League to quarry whether or not the arrangement they had breached any of the leagues regulations.

it wasn’t but I think it is now?

on additions, Orta did a piece today saying don’t expect much so, don’t expect much!
Alba White

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #40 
Orta said: "We have made a conservative line in the summer, we will do it in winter. The new ones need time, in January there are few options.

"I can say that it will be a quiet market for Leeds. We have information and ideas but I believe little in the winter market. Only 25% of winter shots are successful, it's incredible."

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #41 

Well Rads, if only 25% of winter shots are successful, just go after 10 players and get the 3 we need in....as a supposedly astute businessman looking after our club it's not fkn rocket science.

Or sell the ground back to ourselves as everyone else seems to get around FFP that way....

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

Well Rads, if only 25% of winter shots are successful, just go after 10 players and get the 3 we need in....as a supposedly astute businessman looking after our club it's not fkn rocket science.

Or sell the ground back to ourselves as everyone else seems to get around FFP that way....

Except for Sheff weds....... 😆
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #43 
Orta is expecting it to be a quiet January transfer window [freaked-out-smiley-emoticon][cry-blow][nono]

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #44 
Well in terms of the number of incoming players (first team players) we even had a fairly quiet summer window.
Best not to expect any major players joining the club in January.
Not strengthening the squad last season was a big mistake, i'm afraid they're about to make the same errors.  
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #45 
It really all depends on what MB wants. He is known to want players to have 45-60 days to get up to speed with his demands which makes January signings pointless. 

However, if JC goes back to Spurs or Eddie back to Arsenal, I am sure he will want another wide man and striker to come in.

Without players going out I would doubt he wold want any more to come in. 

BTW Ayala rumours are untrue. Boro and his agent using our name stir up interest.

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #46 
I got the Ayala story from a Boro fan who was told last week we were in for him..As always rumors at this time of year swing around the whole time BB. Dont think we ever get the full picture.
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #47 

Sorry ISAMIR

Never meant to doubt you as my sources can also be very unreliable. 

Footie gossip is so much fun so sometimes we can be taken in.

I have also been told we are in for either Grosicki or Bowen if Hull do not look real play off contenders in Jan. The former more likely as he is 31 and is out of contract in summer + Klitch is a good friend of his.

Bowen would cost £20 million+ so is out of our league in Jan

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #48 
Wasn’t disagreeing with you BB. Just revealing my source as it were. No reason why he should be anymore reliable than yours mate
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #49 
There’s no way on Earth we are buying a CB. It’s never ever going to happen. We have the best defence in the championship- by a long way. Biesla is never ever going to jeopardise that. If anybody gets signed in January, it’s most likely to be one of the loan players, most likely Meslier, which means we effectively have an additional player to pick, given the restrictions on five loanees. It’s conceivable we could bring in a striker on loan but can’t see it unless Nketia returns to Arsenal or Bamford gets sold. Both scenarios unlikely.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf
There’s no way on Earth we are buying a CB. It’s never ever going to happen. We have the best defence in the championship- by a long way. Biesla is never ever going to jeopardise that. If anybody gets signed in January, it’s most likely to be one of the loan players, most likely Meslier, which means we effectively have an additional player to pick, given the restrictions on five loanees. It’s conceivable we could bring in a striker on loan but can’t see it unless Nketia returns to Arsenal or Bamford gets sold. Both scenarios unlikely.

Can’t disagree with any of that!
Without knowing what injuries we will sustain it’s hard to gauge because we won’t be buying I don’t think and unless your Meslier scenario happens we won’t bring a new loanee in when Clarke can’t even get on the bench with the 5 loanee rule this year!

I’m not saying I don’t want any, just don’t see any coming in unless a long term injury to a major player which we all don’t want.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.