Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
daveyboy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #1 
Confident in possession, but final ball woeful today. Paying the price for not investing in a reliable Championship striker. Bamford is a reliable enough worker but completely without flair or, as importantly, any luck in front of goal. Loyalty with 'same old, same old' personnel and no Plan B will cost us (again) I fear.
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #2 
I’m convinced that Bamford would benefit from having Eddie beside him. And likewise, Eddie could benefit from the space Bamford would create with his physique. They can both score goals, of course, and they are different types as two up front should be. Right now, obviously too much pressure is on our lone striker, also because we’re not particularly dangerous from midfield.
daveyboy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #3 
Spot on my friend. I fear that MB will continue to be unwilling to change things around, however. Absolutely right about lack of support from midfield. So much possession, so little threat.
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #4 
some blindingly obvious opinion by me i'm afraid.

Bielsa and Radrizzani have learn nothing from last season.  We play good football but STILL do not put away our chances and WE are STILL weak in pressure games and when defending a lead.

We lack leaders on the pitch. Who is Captain? Is it Cooper? Whoever it is they have leadership qualities of a headless chicken!  Decent leeds teams of the past have always had leaders if that be in the premier league, the old first division or league fooking one from a decade ago!

We had players who you could depend on to get us over the line.  This lot do not. If anything results are becoming more predicatable and spineless when it matters.

We are still top of the league because the standard this season is pi-ss poor compared to last season...so far.  I do not expect us to get promoted and would be amazed if we do. But because the standard in the league generally is so rubbish it could still happen.  Leeds Utd are a hard watch.  Often exhilerating but equally frustrating and exasperating. And ultimately last season heart breaking.

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Leeds Fan
I’m convinced that Bamford would benefit from having Eddie beside him. And likewise, Eddie could benefit from the space Bamford would create with his physique. They can both score goals, of course, and they are different types as two up front should be. Right now, obviously too much pressure is on our lone striker, also because we’re not particularly dangerous from midfield.

That would take away from midfeild and that won't do for Bielsa.

daveyboy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #6 
Lack of threat from midfield can sure be easily addressed but fear MB is still too bone-headed. Sorry to criticise the messiah n all, but he got it wrong today. Plan B's and C's that change games are the mark of genius, not relentlessly sticking with Plan A.
Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #7 
Oh we didn’t win. Guess who’s bleating in about I told you so. Our very own Thackers.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #8 
We are playing the best football I have seen a Leeds team play for 20+ years. We are top of the league.

Lady Luck has not shined on us or young Patrick. When she does, the opposing teams will be battered.

No need for a Plan B, just do Plan A better!

New Signing
Reply with quote  #9 
Absolutely. Stick with Plan A.
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbagger
Oh we didn’t win. Guess who’s bleating in about I told you so. Our very own Thackers.

and again.

i told you so.[running-around-smiley-emoticon]

Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #11 
Must feel good Thackers.
daveyboy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #12 
.... and on a different tack..... huge respect to the REALLY mighty white who made sure this weekend's racist scumbag won't bother us again. Albert Johanneson (you won't remember him, but I do), Tony Yeboah, Jimmy Floyd, Lucas, Carlton, Brian, etc, etc. Are any loyal M'whites really this moronic in 2019? Clearly they are. Sort out the Baggies and restore the respect tonight eh lads?
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #13 
Albert!! Yes I remember him.

Also remember Brendan, Cyrille RIP and Laurie RIP. May have always been a white but they were my inspiration.

As my beloved Mum used to always tell me, "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me"

New Signing
Reply with quote  #14 
God bless you BB. MOT.
Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #15 
Ahh, we won our last game against he team that were top of the league. Guess who has stayed away from the site. Don’t worry when we lose he’ll be back.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.