Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #1 
Breaking news, they've been naughty (or their creative accountants have been).

Charged with breaking the permitted losses under sustainability rules

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #2 
Good👍
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #3 
Funny how they did not do it till they were out of the title race
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
Funny how they did not do it till they were out of the title race

From playoff final last year to potential relegation fodder.... 😆
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #5 
Derby and Wendies need to have punishment (points deduction and multi million pound fine) when it actually affects their season. Right now it does. Come March/April, if their safe in mid table it is meaningless.

Villa and Reading must be watching!

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Derby and Wendies need to have punishment (points deduction and multi million pound fine) when it actually affects their season. Right now it does. Come March/April, if their safe in mid table it is meaningless.

Villa and Reading must be watching!

villa must be absolutely terrified of relegation. 125m before the season began, looking like another 50-60m over this window. If they get relegated they don’t have the prem for protection, will have a rolling 3 year loss in the 300m bracket? (That is a pure guess) and I wouldn’t be surprised to see exact rules brought in this summer that will hit them hard enough to see a double drop imo
i think we need to be careful getting carried away revelling in others misery, as much as last season hurt do we really want to see other fans devastated the way we nearly were in league 2? Some may say an eye for an eye, I prefer to say make the damn rules properly first time and stick to them and then the fans of the sport don’t pay for an owners lack of morals or judgement (or both). 

I must admit through, I’m having to begrudgingly like that the fact that the EFL seems to have found a back bone now the weasel has left. 

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #7 
Sorry LPC, I will fully enjoy any misery felt by Wendies, Derby and Villa but may have some sympathy for Reading.

Derby caught cheating? OMG what will Fat Frankie say? It really in not the sort of thing we do in England!

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Sorry LPC, I will fully enjoy any misery felt by Wendies, Derby and Villa but may have some sympathy for Reading.

Derby caught cheating? OMG what will Fat Frankie say? It really in not the sort of thing we do in England!

Like I said, I don’t blame anyone who thinks that way mate, I just don’t want anyone else to feel like I did on the many occasions we’ve been hammered through no fault of the fans.
Yes we have banter, yes sometimes it gets out of hand between certain fan bases but I just can’t get past “I know how it feels” personally.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #9 
No worries LPC, you are a better man than me.

I am an elephant. I remember the taunts from the Derby Fans (Spygate), allowed goal (Villa) and whenever Wendies win against us. 

Would be poetic justice to have all three docked 15-21 points and face fines of £35+ million.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #10 
No sympathy for Derby in my eyes, they openly mocked us so what comes around goes around.

That's bad enough but the worst for me and something that's kept off the sports news is their treatment / sacking of Keogh after the car crash. What he drinks, takes at parties is one thing and the Club (because he signed a contract) are entitled to sanction any player that steps out of line, but Keogh was left in the back of the car, his leg in sh*t, and his two front seat teammates run for the hills, wtf were they thinking??? And the Club treated those two players differently, that's just simply unjust and the derby fans just sat back and watched the whole incident being swept under the carpet.

And dont think just because im irish im sticking up for richard keogh im not that has nothing to do with it, but i do think if the two lads in the front seat were irish and the lad in the back was an english international the Club would have dished out a different set of punishments.

Na for me i hope they get 20 plus points deduction and a whooping fine. 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #11 
I say it's about time someone else's fans suffered.... Why should that only happen to us... We''ve been through it to hell and back,now it's their turn...We got no sympathy from their fans and we certainly got nothing from the majority of the opposing chaimen,who jumped at the chance to vote for a points deduction for us.... Let them suffer and experience the bad times like we had to.... 👍
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #12 
I really wish I wasn’t quite so empathetic, I could probably enjoy my life a little more 😂
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #13 
all the derby fans i know despise leeds.  Revel in their misfortune!  If you know any fans rub their noses in it.  They would us and have done. Fu-ck em!

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #14 
I'm not sure about the irish decrimination Mr Bull.  But they did treat Keogh very badly though. I think more to do with his wages, time left and bad injury than any anti-paddy bias.  Any way whatever i hope Derby go down and i hope their fans suffer big style.

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #15 

Yeah I don't think it's because you're Irish Bull....

....I think you'd talk c-rap whichever nationality you were....

😛🤓

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #16 
Derby and Fat Frankie chose the moral ground during Spygate.

The way they have treated Keogh and FFP shows they actually are morally bankrupt.

People should not throw stones if they live in a glass house.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #17 
I hope in Lampards next interview at least one journalist has the boll-ox,to comment on Derby and ask him his feelings now after the fuss he made about us last season.
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #18 
I have to admit I posted the thread and feel smug because it's Derby and the way the spygate panned out.
Derby have always hated us and wanted to be our main rivals to justify themselves, they never will be big enough, but.....
The public shaming and "superiority" of Fat frank etc. would have been more acceptable if Derby had been a paragon of virtue, but to find that they bankrolled unfairly the team that beat us in the playoffs makes me want to see them flayed alive for this.
The Derby club and ownership deserve everything they get - a proportion of their fans deserve the same.
I do know some decent fans who will suffer the same misery we suffered and for them I do feel some sympathy - it's not their fault either.

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #19 

Something like a 10pts deduction will put them in the relegation zone and help Luton stay up....

The 3 drink driving idiots could then have more points on the road than their team....!🤣

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
tonylufcagain

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Thick With Drink
No sympathy for Derby in my eyes, they openly mocked us so what comes around goes around.

That's bad enough but the worst for me and something that's kept off the sports news is their treatment / sacking of Keogh after the car crash. What he drinks, takes at parties is one thing and the Club (because he signed a contract) are entitled to sanction any player that steps out of line, but Keogh was left in the back of the car, his leg in sh*t, and his two front seat teammates run for the hills, wtf were they thinking??? And the Club treated those two players differently, that's just simply unjust and the derby fans just sat back and watched the whole incident being swept under the carpet.

And dont think just because im irish im sticking up for richard keogh im not that has nothing to do with it, but i do think if the two lads in the front seat were irish and the lad in the back was an english international the Club would have dished out a different set of punishments.

Na for me i hope they get 20 plus points deduction and a whooping fine. 

[thumb]
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #21 
According to derby fc they asked the efl if it was all ok before going ahead with it the efl said ok
They are just going through the motions nothing will happen
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #22 
They didn't say it was ok to cook the books though...... 😑

They are just following Sheff weds' lead.....
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #23 
If it had been Lufc, we would be talking about at least a 10 pts deduction and a massive fine.
Mark my words, worst senario for both Derby and Weds will be get a slap on the wrists (warning & small fine).
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #24 
imo they are just going through the motions to show the other team they aint at fault did some other team not threaten to sue the EFL 
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
imo they are just going through the motions to show the other team they aint at fault did some other team not threaten to sue the EFL 

Brizzle me thinks

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #26 
I think it may be a blanket 8 points and a line drawn under the whole thing. if the previous regime (Harvey) OK’d it, I’m not sure what the EFL can do just because he’s left other than make a definitive ruling from this season end onwards, this may lower any sanctions because a few may get done in one go and it would cause absolute chaos in reality
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #27 
One things for sure if it was us it would be headline news and a public flaying.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #28 
EFL needs to take a look at how Rugby Union handled the financial cheating of Saracens. Initially it was a 35 point deduction which is equal to 4/5 winning games depending on bonus point but would = approx - 18 in football + a £5 million fine, the salary cap is £7 million per year and RU does not generate anywhere the same amount as Championship football so this is equal to a football £20 million fine.

They then tell Saracens that their books need to be vetted thoroughly during the course of this season and Saracens are forced to admit they will breach the salary cap again. So they are then relegated a division for next season. No ifs or buts.

Loads of commentators stating what they did was cheating as it cost other clubs trophies, it also cheated other clubs sponsors etc as Saracens were able to attract and keep the best players in English RU whilst other clubs lost theirs due to being unable to meet Financial rewards to players given by French clubs or Saracens.

Broadly speaking the breach is similar to the one Derby, Villa, Wendies and Reading used. Saracens used other companies to pay their players so the could stay withing the cap just as those football clubs used other companies owned by their owner to buy their stadiums.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #29 
The rugby union analogy is a really interesting one BB.
On the surface it looks like the authorities in Union have acted in a tough and decisive manner and we all want football to be the same, but actually what's happened in union isn't all sweetness and light when you look under the surface.....
Saracens were offered a choice of punishment: show us your books or be relegated. Saracens chose relegation so they never have to admit their "mistakes" and can be back the season after next with a clean slate - ironically there's no equivalent cap in championship spending so they'll win that easily and carry on happily ever after.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.