Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Tony Currie10

Monday 2nd December 7pm BBC2....

This evening sees our 3rd round victims/opponents drawn to us....

Who do we want?

A top 6 team or a L2/non league team at home....?

Always nice to have a cup run which gets us all buzzing but should we want us out straightaway to concentrate on promotion?

Should we play our fringe players and youngsters or will Bielsa keep our 'normal' team?

Will Eddie get a run-out? Will he play for us, Arsenal or Bristol City....?

I'd like a big team to test us and hopefully put on a good performance in front of the tv cameras to show the nation we're back....!!

If we win, great....if we lose its no disgrace....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
BB
A L2/non league team at home.

Play our fringe players and youngsters so they get some game time.

Hopefully a comfortable win and into the 4th round against a L1/L2 side to give players more game time to show MB what they can do.

Our ball number is 20.
BB
stevethemouse
Villa
Bull Thick With Drink
Home draw would be great. Im in two minds whether id like a non-league / L2 team or one of the big boys

SCUM at Home

Ooooh the memories.

[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

lubyvader
chelski at home so we can boo frank the fat cnut and p1ss ourselves laughing when we beat em

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Bull Thick With Drink
I like it luby

Chelscum it is so

Soopaleeds
Massive club at ER, or a tiny club at ER

Ties to avoid are the mid table Champ clubs away
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
ishotamancinreno
Arsenal away. That’ll do me. !!
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

ishotamancinreno
We could actually win that ! Although I suspect it will be a shadow squad
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Tony Currie10

Eddie will get a hat trick against us....

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
thackleywhite
Arsenal 1- 3 Leeds.

i'm telling ya, i'm telling ya.

LeedsPremChamps2020
thackleywhite wrote:
Arsenal 1- 3 Leeds.

i'm telling ya, i'm telling ya.

Sounds like a non believer has turned!!
BB
Arsenal will not put their kids out in full. They will want to win this as it is their only chance of silverware this season.

We will put out 7/8 kids though + fringe players.

Still 60,000 crowd paying £50+ for a seat and game set for TV means good £££££'s for us! If we could take it to a replay it means even more dosh! Loadsamoney!!!

BB
Tony Currie10

Are home clubs supposed to give away fans 15% ticket allocation?

In theory we should get 9000 tickets....hopefully I'll fkn be able to get one with that amount and it surely gonna be on tv....

BB
LUFC likely allow away season ticket holders to buy 4 tickets each TC so no chance even if Arsenal give us 9,000. As it is January and old, hopefully they will give us a 15k allocation as Gooner fans would rather stay home with their hot chocolate.

Have you seen how quickly home games sell out?
BB
LUID
The Mrs v me derby - bring it on
Lincswhite
So if my son and I can get tickets (We are home ST holders) does anyone on here have a recommended way of travelling down to London? I'd rather not drive which I usually do to away games. Do Tetley's coaches run to all away games, and if so how do you get a ticket to get on one?
stevethemouse
Lincs easy to get a Lner from Lincoln to Stevenage change to thamslink great northern stops outside practically at Finsbury Park
Tony Currie10

Arsenal v Leeds on BBC1 on Monday 6th....right result as doesn't interfere with the boys football and less than an hour's journey time.

Just gotta be lucky with a big allocation and luck of the lottery draw....

LEEDS YRA CHAP
Tony Currie10 wrote:

Arsenal v Leeds on BBC1 on Monday 6th....right result as doesn't interfere with the boys football and less than an hour's journey time.

Just gotta be lucky with a big allocation and luck of the lottery draw....

Nightmare day to choose it for most. as always fa, politizi and tv spoil weekend jollies with a lot back to work the ticket allocation will be lower than the expected amount as Leeds will only ask for 5k with it being a night match. Hope I am wrong. But getting back to Leeds on a Monday night by train is out because of this despicable kick off time and day 
stevethemouse
8000 tickets allocated to us
Tony Currie10

Yeah they out on Wed to season ticket holders and loyalty....

I've got to wait til next Monday as a Gold member and hope there's some left!

It is the first day back at work and school (if they do either!?) for norvvenors, there'll prob be no trains etc and it's live on BBC so hopefully we'll get them....

Tony Currie10

It says on the OS that our 8000 Arsenal tickets are already sold out before they've even got to Gold members. ...FFS.

Great turnout for a Monday night, first day back at work and school and live on tv....

Anyone know if we'll get any more as we'll obviously be able to sell more....

batty4
We are Leeds and could sell 20,000 even though it is a Monday night

No other club in the world could do that

We are not famous anymore

FFS I can't even get a ticket for a league game at home anytime soon for any league game 
EFL IS CORRUPT
BB
Dependent on their Demand, Arsenal are considering giving us an extra 1,000-1,500 tickets. They want a full house not empty seats.

Will need to wait until nearer the time before they decide. 
BB
stevethemouse
Very true tv10 was on hold 45 mins before I got one
BB
Arsenal game should bring us in £1.2 million + which helps with the January fund
BB
Tony Currie10

Missed out in lottery queue today and gutted....If anyone knows of an adult and u15 ticket it would be appreciated.

I don't suppose we'll receive any more even though we could probably sell another 10k cause of health and fkn safety!!

I can get them easy enough for the Arsenal end but dont particularly want to when it's live on tv etc....

BB

Brother in Law is an Arsenal ST Holder (Costs over £2k!!!) and asked me if I wanted a ticket in the stands but I'd have to keep my big mouth shut.

Not a chance of that so I shall watch the game on telly in the warmth with my beers in hand and a lovely loo to use as well!!

We are sold out other than disabled allocation. Hey TC you have a mental illness so why not apply for these 

May also get the wife to do some nibbles as my Boy will be home too.

BB
Lincswhite
If you want to go to the Arsenal match here's what Arsenal FC have said in response to my request on their Facebook page for more ticket for Leeds fans:

It is a great shame that you couldn't give LUFC more than 8000 tickets for the FA Cup game. There is no 'History' between the two clubs supporters to flag this up as a high risk fixture. 😞 LUFC sold all their tickets in just a few minutes and could have sold double this number!
Arsenal

I can try and help you get those match tickets. This is the best place to start.

Arsenal Tickets and Membership
Read More
Tony Currie10

Cheers Lincs but i only want tickets for the Leeds end....i can get home tickets from mates who are Arsenal season ticket holders.

I've already had to see us at away grounds in the home end at Luton this season and in the neutral end at Fulham on Saturday and hate it....should hopefully be full of Leeds though on Saturday.

Just don't see the point of splashing out £150 odd to sit in the home end and not be able to cheer when the game is live on tv....

Being a Gold member is hardly worth it anymore as we keep missing out in the lottery....price of success i suppose.

stevethemouse
Wait till next year and we start redoing the west stand if you think it’s hard now
BB
If we get promoted, will be years before anyone other than ST holders would get a normal ticket.

Hospitality and prawn sandwiches await the rest of us.

Good job I love prawn sandwiches!!!!
BB
Tony Currie10
BB wrote:
If we get promoted, will be years before anyone other than ST holders would get a normal ticket.

Hospitality and prawn sandwiches await the rest of us.

Good job I love prawn sandwiches!!!!

....won't worry BAC....

BAC White
God you are such a wannabe TC. Get over it . You are too common. From memory you have a very flat nose from constantly having to look through windows from the outside

[y50OAtN] [DiligentAnnualDikdik-size_restricted]      
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
stevethemouse wrote:
Wait till next year and we start redoing the west stand if you think it’s hard now

Is that right steve. I've not heard owt. What's occurring.
World  Champion
stevethemouse
Yep will be if we are promoted that way sky sports will pay for any loss of revenue
BB

What a dilemma! I can get a ticket for this game on the halfway line but in the Gooners end!

And it is free!!!

Now do I stay at home in the warmth, no queues for the toilet, drink freely available so no waiting, nibbles there on demand, replays whenever needed or go on a freezing night, cant wear colours, have to sit with my Brother in Law who is a Gooner ST holder, too impatient to queue for beer at half time, will take a leak after game at one of their outside toilets and have to keep my mouth shut?

I am torn but my armchair is persuading me!!

BB
stevethemouse
looks like their maybe some tickets in the leeds end  available 
Tony Currie10

How are they available Mouseman. Tried texting you but won't go through....maybe cause I'm in Denmark?

Text me and say how as I just looked on site and not available.

Need 1 x adult and 1 x 15yr old and both gold members....

andyl
Bit of a free swing on Monday, just a pity Arteta has the gooners playing better.
Bull Thick With Drink
I dont see Arteta making whole sale changes like most PL teams have done in the FA Cup in recent years. FA Cup game under lights on telly a fixture that most on here always looked forward to in the past.

And for me i think MB will treat this fixture with the utmost of respect and play 8-9 of the first team players and try to beat a team with better quality that we are currently facing in the Championship. This game will give everyone associated at the Club what it takes to succeed in the top flight, so im hoping / praying we grasp this chance to learn lessons that will help LUFC in the years to come.

But for me this game is one for our manager, probably the best in the world, and a chance for him to pit his wits against a real giant of FA Cup History. A win would be great but its all about MB's tactics / team setup and changing (if needs be) coupled with our players performance and how our players react to Arsenal and their quality is what im looking forward to the most on monday.

The result will look after itself.

Daniel2
For me we need to focus on the season and just let our squad player gain playing time in the Cup. Players like Shackelton, leif Davis, Gotts, Boguez, Edmondson, Berardi, Strujck and Kun all need playing
Bull Thick With Drink
wont argue with the policy of resting our first team players in the FA Cup because realistically we wont be lifting it in May, but this Arsenal fixture isnt about putting our name in the hat for the next round it should be about how we as a Club can cope (will cope) next season if we are promoted this season.

Double edged sword but as a life long LUFC supporter we have been away from the top flight for far too long and we need to see where we stand right now against one of the top 10 PL clubs, i mean if we send out our u23's and lose we wont know anything how our current xi will react until Aug. Surely too late at that stage if MB has any doubts on certain players capabilities and risk having a poor start in a league that its difficult to pick up points. How many (hand on heart) would have said Norwich would have been bottom at christmas? I for one knew they would struggle but bottom? no i didnt. For all their championship goals last season they have only managed 22 goals so far 3rd worst in the PL - Compare us to them last season we scored 73 goals they managed 93.

So i hope LUFC think of the bigger picture and take stock as to where exactly we are and what we will need to stay in the PL if we are lucky enough to get there in 5 months time.

BB
Doubt Arteta will make wholesale changes as this is Gooners best chance of Silverware this season.

He may bring Holding into the back four and play Martinelli up top with Willock and Nelson on the flanks but all of the big boys "rested" will be on the bench.

Good game for MB to test Meslier and I cannot see any of our first team players wanting to be rested for this. Doubt MB would risk Roberts as he missed yesterday's game with a tight hamstring so think he may go for:-

Meslier

Ayling White Cooper Douglas

Phillips

Costa Klitch Dallas Harrison

Bamford

Subs: Kiko Berardi Alioski Stevens Casey Gotts Shackleton/Bogusz (If Jamie not fit)

BB
Peterlufc
Hope you are wrong B.B.
I hope we play u 23 squad after Christmas games players need rest and do not need 2 days travelling to London to get beat.
Get some game time for Shack and Roberts

We can worry about winning At Emirates next season
Stay at Home and prepare for Wednesday game 3 points are all that matters against the snake
The Great Ormsby
I'd much prefer it if MB rested most of the first team but suspect he won't. No point treating it as a test of how we might fare in the EPL, as we're a long way from there yet and we need our main squad to conserve their energy (mental and physical) for the second half of the campaign - and we shouldn't risk injuries unnecessarily, especially given how we were derailed last season.

I hate to say it but I almost don't care if we lose, for the same reasons: the fewer the games we have to play, the better in my view.

One game is hardly going to tell us much about our prospects anyway and I can't see that MB would take it as any kind of meaningful benchmark. Clearly we will need to strengthen the squad should we be promoted - and hopefully we'll then have funds to do so (FFP notwithstanding). And with MB's system, culture and philosophy firmly embedded, I think we'll thrive in the Premier League - but we need to get there first!
BB
There is enough time off between the Baggies game, Arsenal game and Owls game for players to rest and recover.

Chucking in too many U23s would be a mistake as we could get hammered.

Equally the chance to play at The Emirates in an evening televised game would entice virtually all of our first 11.

Bogusz, McAlmont et Al looked lost v Stoke in the EFL Cup and would suffer more if they had to come up against a strong Gooners side.
BB
Bull Thick With Drink
Agree BB

Surely isnt this the type fixture pro footballers would look at say

TV GAME at the Emirates I'M PLAYING IN THAT GAME

A big opportunity for KP and others to show they are more than capable to play at the highest level in english football. If i was an agent that's what i'd be advising my Client, Get out there and show what you have and come the Summer if leeds dont get promoted the PL Clubs will be on the phone.

Dont get me wrong i certainly dont want to sell any of our players especially KP, but like the Alan Smith scenario we (LUFC) shouldn't hold back on a player's development just because leeds arent a PL team.

After last nights win over the scum aresnal wont want to lose to a lower tier Club so they will bang up for it too i suspect and afterall it is there only realistic chance of lifting a trophy this season.

I think us with our strongest 11 versus them missing (resting) maybe 2 should hold no fears, an early goal for us would make it an extremely open exciting game

Cant wait

MOT 

Bull Thick With Drink
Now what are the chances of Martin Keown getting smacked on the head by a "stray football" in the warm-up

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]