Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

thebagpuss
We are always looking at ways to take this sitre forward and help it grow.  One of the best ways is to publish stories on the News section, which hit newsnow - these can attract several hundred views quite easily.  Me and Rich tend to put these up, but we're looking at fans views as well.  This can be about anything - it can be a match report, a view on the takeover, an article about a favourite player, past or present, takover chat, transfer targets etc - literally anything that you fancy writing a bit of a blog about.  It can be a one off, or a regular contribution.  We've had a liot of good feedback when we've published views from people like Willow,Batfastard and Lilly, so we're looking for more.  They don't need to be of journalistic quality, by any stretchm, but do need to be of a certain standard.
If anyone is interested, feel free to get in touch - you can send an article to unofficiallufc@hotmail.com if you fancy it - or ask any questions on this thread.  We'll see what the uptake is and publish some of the best...

Thanks

Andy
Daffs
I'll pen something and send it in...
thebagpuss
Nice one - cheers Daffs.  Will give people a change from reading the drivel that me and fids post!!!
monkeyman
How bout a magazine or podcasts like some sites do...
maaarchhhing on tooogetherrr!!!!!!!!!!

premiership burger league winner 2013/14
thebagpuss
Think a monthly podcast is something we are looking at further down the line.  Will also expore a newsletter type thing...Good thinking MM
Patfooty
I'm happy to do a bit about the non league side of things if anyone would be interested ?
lubyvader
could do with persuading Jez to do behind the belly that would be a class and funny blog for any site and would for me hit what your looking for

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Tony Currie10
Patfooty wrote:
I'm happy to do a bit about the non league side of things if anyone would be interested ?

I made my debut for Dunstable Town against your team Hastings in about 1990....I was captain and had just been signed from Farnborough Town. Sure your captain was Carlton Wynter, a 6'5" monster if I remember but very 'awkward'....it was first game of the season and was 0-0! Sure you had a big bank alongside one side of the ground where our supporters sat in the sun on the lash all day!
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Patfooty
I'll have to check that out. You definitely have the right place though. There is still a big bank down one side opposite the grandstand. That would have been the Southern Premier days I would imagine?
Patfooty
I'm going through the archives to see if we have any pictures but yes you are right. Carlton was very tall and led us to the league title the following season
Tony Currie10
Yeah, sure it was the Beazer Homes league....be good if you can find any photos as they were always taken with the 2 captains, officials and mascots before the game. It was definitely the first game of the season and I'm sure it was either 89/90 or 90/91.

Were you involved with Hastings around that time?
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Patfooty
Sadly no. I moved to Hastings in 2001 but have been involved pretty much the last ten years . I love it. Last seasons FA cup run was phenomenal including a trip to Harrogate where a wagon load of Leeds fans turned up and we all sang MOT in the bar afterwards. If Andy's ok with it I might write a piece on that and the final stand at Middlesbrough when we scored goal of the round and lost 4-1
Tony Currie10
Yeah, I'll back you up on that article....

Keep looking out for some photos of me in the archives as I'd love to see what I looked like in my slimmer days....!
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

Patfooty
Will do mate. Not sure what we have but there may be something lying around. You never know
thebagpuss

Sounds like a plan Pat - also, would love Batfastarsa match reports - quality stuff...

Patfooty
I will put something together Andy
EL KIWIPETE
gidday pat-hows tricks mate---still lusting over hastings--a true fan---i might do a piece on the  pubs in the 70s and 80s i used to frequent----except the three legs--i got barred-threw up on the bar-the vine---a misunderstanding-thought she was on her own-the templar--he desreved a twat that cnut did---probably be a short piece lol------say hi to jimblethingy for me pat-[grin-smiley-emoticon]     

PROUD TO BE BORN IN HOLBECK--VINTAGE 1959

Patfooty
Hi Pete. Great to hear from you. I'd love to read about your pub exploits ! I'm laughing already mate! All good in Hastings still and Jimmy Boy all grown up and working in Banking! How's you? Hope all is well
EL KIWIPETE
i always thought he was a bit of a banker at times--youth-we all had it once mate-[grin-smiley-emoticon]

im in fine fettle pat thanks for asking although mums a basket case-in a home with parkinsons and dementure--we have some great conversations though-remembers living in holbeck-great memories-been back in work now for 4 months-job going great and starting to claw my way back-although my other skill apart from printing is horticulture and ive been doing nicely to tide me over--kiwipetes retirement fund--hopefully in 3 years i will be in a position to come back to blighty and terrorise some of these cnuts at elland road-one day mate--you have to come--c u later-[cheers]

PROUD TO BE BORN IN HOLBECK--VINTAGE 1959

paul mcknockiter
Well please don't invite rob the gob atkinson from leeds life the universe and everything but the facts biggest load of crap on news now
SA
Andy, I used to write a lot in the past for the site but now I tend to waste most of it in tweets. I do think podcasts could be a great idea moving forward. We have a diverse group here and a discussion within few would make a good hearing every once in a while.