Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
ishotamancinreno

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #1 
Just reading that Abramovic pumped £247 million into Chelsea in way of funding in last financial year!!! How is that allowed? Surely we can spend some gelt in January?
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #2 
depends how he pumped it in ISAMIR. It can't be pure wages, but it could be advertising, hospitality, facilities, training, IT, youth etc etc.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #3 

The Prem has different ffp rules and punishment. 

here’s a decent article that explains it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29361839

the championship has the rules we know and have set a precedent with Birmingham and the points deduction, the prem has only ever had fines, embargo’s and squad limits. (All pretty much financial penalties, just effecting clubs differently, punishing Everton by limiting their European squad isn’t exactly going to hurt them, so they pick and choose from the look of it)

just means the rich get richer. It’s why just surviving in the Prem can make relative ’minnow clubs’ heavy hitters financially. It’s when a brand that’s international and getting prem money they can break into that top 6.

leeds with Prem money should be terrifying to all but a few so if we get promotion and we get a 3 year stint without looking relegation fodder, the future looks pretty damn good even without heavy investors. People saying if we get promoted Radz has to sell as he doesn’t have funds are not looking at the big picture, Prem revenue just for TV is 4-5 times what Leeds currently pull in IN TOTAL REVENUE!

He has steadied the ship at a relative low cost, we get promoted and spend 60-70 million to strengthen (15m Harrison, 15m White, 18m Pukki and 5m on Meslier leaves a bit of change for another purchase) just the TV revenue leave a positive balance of 40m. wages will go up, but not for a few years as they just renewed everyone’s at a Championship rate. I should imagine promotion clauses will cost us a bit in wages but again, we won’t care. 

or we go down the Villa route and spend 125m and still look like relegation material.

or we go down the Norwich route and spend nowt and possibly spend the whole season, like Norwich, looking upwards. 

of course, we could do a Sheff Utd and spend 43m and make a fist of the fight. 

this season we have bigger implications of falling foul of the rules, we won’t spend because of that single reason. Once in the Prem? Gloves are off

thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsPremChamps2020

The Prem has different ffp rules and punishment. 

here’s a decent article that explains it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29361839

the championship has the rules we know and have set a precedent with Birmingham and the points deduction, the prem has only ever had fines, embargo’s and squad limits. (All pretty much financial penalties, just effecting clubs differently, punishing Everton by limiting their European squad isn’t exactly going to hurt them, so they pick and choose from the look of it)

just means the rich get richer. It’s why just surviving in the Prem can make relative ’minnow clubs’ heavy hitters financially. It’s when a brand that’s international and getting prem money they can break into that top 6.

leeds with Prem money should be terrifying to all but a few so if we get promotion and we get a 3 year stint without looking relegation fodder, the future looks pretty damn good even without heavy investors. People saying if we get promoted Radz has to sell as he doesn’t have funds are not looking at the big picture, Prem revenue just for TV is 4-5 times what Leeds currently pull in IN TOTAL REVENUE!

He has steadied the ship at a relative low cost, we get promoted and spend 60-70 million to strengthen (15m Harrison, 15m White, 18m Pukki and 5m on Meslier leaves a bit of change for another purchase) just the TV revenue leave a positive balance of 40m. wages will go up, but not for a few years as they just renewed everyone’s at a Championship rate. I should imagine promotion clauses will cost us a bit in wages but again, we won’t care. 

or we go down the Villa route and spend 125m and still look like relegation material.

or we go down the Norwich route and spend nowt and possibly spend the whole season, like Norwich, looking upwards. 

of course, we could do a Sheff Utd and spend 43m and make a fist of the fight. 

this season we have bigger implications of falling foul of the rules, we won’t spend because of that single reason. Once in the Prem? Gloves are off

👍 yep,the Prem is a gold mine and that is why Rad doesn't want to sell up before we get there and it is also why QSI want to buy us before we get there.... 😎
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #5 
Just seen Phil Hay report we get Harrison for 8m at the end of the season. That is insanely good value!
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #6 
Well we have been paying on instalments
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #7 
The biggest contrast between the Premiership and the Championship is money not skill. What summed it up for me was that Chelski have spent over £90M in compensation alone for dismissed managers!
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
The biggest contrast between the Premiership and the Championship is money not skill. What summed it up for me was that Chelski have spent over £90M in compensation alone for dismissed managers!

Conte got over 26m I think. His payoff buys the whole squad that played against Arsenal and you’d still have enough left to buy Harrison this summer.

The money is obscene at that level but that’s what we want/need to make the most of this Bielsa revolution
PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Just seen Phil Hay report we get Harrison for 8m at the end of the season. That is insanely good value!

That is superb business, if true. Hope it happens.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf

That is superb business, if true. Hope it happens.

apparently the value was based on last seasons displays, he’s stepped it up a gear and the price hasn't changed so WIN!
Peter1919

New Signing
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Conte got over 26m I think.

Not quite, that was the cost of sacking him and his staff, he didn't get £26m all to himself but will admitedly have had the lions share. That what you get for sacking a manager and his staff the season after giving them long term contracts.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.