Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Ridsdales Goldfish
Does anyone know of his whereabouts or heard anything about him recently?

I've just noticed he is 6/4 clear favo for Leeds Manager.

He was at least 40/1 when I did that poll the other week.

Is he part of BMc's staff still? I say still but he was involved in some unwelcome capacity in Jan.

Is he even involved with MC at present?. I ve heard nowt

When I was digging for up n coming Italian managers last wk, he was in there as one of the top 10 best Italian imports into our game.(Player not manager I do concede). About 6th I think

I was wondering if we could replace Lees with him.
Ridsdales Goldfish
To be fair I'd be surprised if an Italian centre back couldn't improve our woeful defence from a coaching perspective.
LUID
I'm sure Festa will be involved in some capacity . In fact i think I read BM stating that he was in and around TA recently and he had no problem with that fact.
BB
2 Uncle Festas around TA?

BB
john charles 2
I think if you you read between the lines of what Cellino is saying, he wont be paying BM off, but will retain him on the staff in a less meaningfull coaching job, while giving Festa control of the first team.
                                                                                                    I think this way BM is going to have to work for his money, instead of just walking away with his pockets full.
camellard
wouldn't that count as grounds for constructive dismissal
Ridsdales Goldfish
No, Id describe it a more "welcome" dismissal
ParisWhites
Ask Skygod to ask him
BB
For feck sake! BM fall on your sword you are way out of your depth!

Today as shocking. We were clueless. No invention, no desire and no real tactics except knock diagonal balls to your 5'9" target man Hunt whilst you put 6'6" Smith on the bench.

Just what was your thinking?
BB
tonylufc
Ridsdales Goldfish wrote:
No, Id describe it a more "welcome" dismissal

[rofl]
BB

"Welcome"? No, now it is "ESSENTIAL"

BB
john charles 2
Hope  they keep BM on,earning his wages daily sweeping up and cleaning the bogs out.
Ridsdales Goldfish
Phil Hay just retweeted an Italian journalists tweet that states there are "strong rumours the former Cagliari defender Gianluca Festa is to be next Leeds boss"
Dessip
I don't know why we should even feign surprise...if its Festa then so be it.

I remember when that twat-eyed chelski fek wit was first mentioned and everyone was up arms. A few weeks later we were just relieved to have a manager. This kind of feels the same..

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
PapaSmurf
Can't see it, not after previous Cellino comments, sounds like the usual Twitter bollocks.
Ridsdales Goldfish
It does seem a tad presumptuous given the 10 interviews this wk.
john charles 2
I wouldn't be disappointed if Cellino decides to give the job to him. Cellino comes over as a true football man to me and he obviously trusted him enough to send him to Thorp Arch and monitor what was happening under BM.
                                                                                                                                    Probably reported it was joke what he saw,  Hence Cellino trying to get rid.