Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #1 

TC10 Utd or Luton Town FC as they more commonly known are next up for the Mighty Whites

Most of us know them as the Hatters because of their historical link with the hat making trade, but their nickname was originally a variant on the now rarely seen straw-plaiters, and the badge on their shirt often showed a straw boater on it

They have played at Kenilworth Road for many years but finally in 2019 they have got planning permission to build a new 17,500 seater stadium to accommodate Leeds away fans

I remember Cats UK with Lorraine Chase and their hit with Luton Airport but wasn’t aware of two songs that the club and fans brought out. In 1974 The Baron Knights made a song called “Hatters Hatters” and then in 1982  "We're Luton Town", was released to celebrate the club's promotion to the First Division.

Famous fans of Luton were Eric Morecambe and TC 10 and no famous player has ever played for them

If anyone sees TC dressed up as Happy Harry kick him in the nuts for me.

Luton have lost 4 on the bounce which has nothing to do with their plastic pitch as they dug it up a few years ago, but they are capable of turning over teams as we saw when they beat Brizzle 3-0, where the hell did that come from!!

Leeds don’t like playing in small grounds like Luton and Brentford so wouldn’t be surprised if the same happened to us, but me thinks we come away with a 3-2 win

Anyway busy Russian around at the mo, so Moscow

ALAW MOT WACCOE

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #2 
Great MDT Batty4.

Good Luck!

MOT ALAW!!! [beer-chugger][thumb]

New Signing
Reply with quote  #3 
Keep it going mate.

Fingers crossed Bumfluff has started a scoring run that will last for months.
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #4 

Quality MDT and good luck Batty....

Our away fans will be going through someone's terraced house that stinks of plss and curry to get in....it really is stuck in the 70s.

If Luton are on their game it could be really close on a pitch where the touchline goes into the front 2 rows of the spectators....it'll be a great atmosphere.

If we're on our game we could win by a few for once....

I want us to win both home and away v my hometown club, and Luton to win all their other games, but don't want to be greedy and only beat them by a few....

Going for a positive 3-0 win with a Hattrick Bamford hattrick....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #5 
Bit short compared to the last couple of opus
But that’s fine for someone with a short
Anyway 1-1 brown both
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
Bit short compared to the last couple of opus
But that’s fine for someone with a short
Anyway 1-1 brown both

Sorry Steve will lengthen it again if I get the chance

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #7 
I worry Izzy will turn up with a point to prove but I have faith Kalvin will keep him in his pocket.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #8 
Leeds to continue a great run - optimistic we'll get the 3 points in a slightly underwhelming but controlled 0-1

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #9 
1-3
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #10 
Nice summary Bats ; Desmond is back.
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #11 
Good luck mate 2-0 Leeds win

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #12 
God I would love it if Lord Patrick gets a hat-trick and we keep a clean sheet too!

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #13 
They have one of the worst defensive records
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #14 
Alioski, Dallas and Pablo all fit to play. Cooper is also likely to be available v Luton. Shacks and Eddie training so will be match fit soon. Just Forshaw out now.

Great news as our small squad is nearly all fit ahead on the next 10 games/Xmas schedule.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #15 
Leeds 76% possession,  18 shots on target, 12 corners.
Luton  10% possession, 1 shot on target , nil corners

Luton 3- 0 leeds.

1 penalty to luton and 2 ricochets of the ref's ar-se...

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
They have one of the worst defensive records

so we'll improve that for them!

stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #17 
Watch it end up nil all
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #18 

Izzy Brown a doubt for tomorrow which is a right result for us after 5 assists in his last 7 apps....he missed the last game for Luton when they got stuffed by Reading.

I'd love to see him play against us just out of curiosity but be great if he's not fit as he is the ONLY creative spark for them.

Cornick and Collins can be great or c-rap on the day so if we can stop the 2 up top from getting the ball, we can win by a few.

Bielsa has surely watched Luton at their ground and seen what a small pitch with touchlines that go into the first 2 rows of the spectators can do to away teams....it won't be like playing away to Stoke, WBA or Forest.

We cannot give set pieces away around the box with Bradley and Pearson great at attacking the ball....it's vital that Coops is fit to help out White and Hattrick could be vital in doing a Chris Wood job at defending.

There will be a great atmosphere and my Luton mates are all saying it's the game they've been looking forward to from when the fixtures first came out....

We have to keep our normal possession and hog the ball and be patient and we could win by 3/4....

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #19 
tis a game im unsure of, but reckon we should do em 2-0 

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #20 
Brown is fit so I expect him to be given a free role as they go with just 1 up top.

Good challenge for Kalvin as he is going up against a good prem quality player but as he was with us last season, young KP should know his tricks and be able to counter them.

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #21 
Batter the Hatters and serve them with chips. There will goals, goals, goals aplenty today lads.
kiwipete

Unofficial Dr. Feelgood
Reply with quote  #22 
good luck mate-the Kiwi is going for 3-0--------------MOT-[running-around-smiley-emoticon]

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #23 
2 changes, pablo for costa,beradi for cooper,who is on bench
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #24 
Good luck Batty 4 and keep the run going til after Christmas👍 2-0 to The Mighty Whites
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #25 
Any links anyone please??
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #26 
https://www.lmisports.net/live-luton...s-23-nov-2019/

Lots of buffering
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #27 

has been ok for first half

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macwhite
Any links anyone please??

Vipbox.live
Link has been good so far.Commentators are from Luton,think I saw TC in the crowd wearing his half and half scarf
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #29 
Brilliant link, thanks guys[thumb]
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #30 
Bamford! Scores every game, now. Come on Leeds!
norwichwhite

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #31 
Ffs
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #32 
Bamford, again and again. Come on Leeds!
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #33 
well made hard work of that 
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #34 
well looked good to me.  If we could finish half the chances we create we'd win most games 3 or 4 to nil.

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #35 

They may have been a little bit of a threat but their keeper has pulled of numerous great saves.On another day we would have won 5-1.

I thought Berra was immense but we do look better with Coops as the LCB. 

White had a great game too and 

Patrick did what he is paid to do - score goals!

Onto Reading next.

Well Done Batts - you're top of the league!

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #36 
Say that again steve. How many chances did we miss? Lucky that they finally put one over the  line for us (or was it Bamford?).
Their keeper did well, but most of our shots at goal looked like backpasses. Also guilty of over-nitting/passing it.
Love Philips to bits, but he shouldn't take every corner or setpiece, 9/10 he finds an opponent.
The Great Ormsby

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgiantoo
Love Philips to bits, but he shouldn't take every corner or setpiece, 9/10 he finds an opponent.
Didn't have the best game with his crossing today but I'd generally give him much more than 1/10 on picking out a team-mate! And was otherwise immense.
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #38 
Hard fight for a good and must win.Good to see Clarke back

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #39 
I’m guessing like most I managed to catch parts of the game through a dodgy stream. I thought first half we looked better and just kept going with attack after attack. How we didn’t score I’ll never know. I think in just one move we had 3 if not 4 shots one of which hit the crossbar/post , the other chances looked like good opportunities too, culminating with Harrison missing the target from a few yards out (tight angle though).

Second half looked a more even affair however I still think we shaded it. Good finish from Bamford for the opener and a lovely ball from Harrison to put him in on goal. I thought we should have had a second just before they equalised, but what should have been an easy pass inside their box was intercepted.

All in all it was no more than we deserved, although the Luton commentators will tell you otherwise. 3 point gap to third place now, keep playing like this and we are going up.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbagger

Second half looked a more even affair however I still think we shaded it. Good finish from Bamford for the opener and a lovely ball from Harrison to put him in on goal. I thought we should have had a second just before they equalised, but what should have been an easy pass inside their box was intercepted.

it was Ben White who out through Bamford I thought?
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #41 
Crucial win that . Need another three points at Reading and at home to Boro , MOT
Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsPremChamps2020

it was Ben White who out through Bamford I thought?

You could be right mate. I was watching on my phone. I just assumed it was Harrison as I didn’t expect to see our centre back in the left wing position.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #43 
I’m quite happy for WBA to carry on leading and us keeping up with them, there will be jockeying for position and someone always puts a run together but I remember the year Newcastle went up, wasn’t it them and Reading promoted practically together a month before the end of the season? I would take that! (Unless I’m Making that up of course!)

also, here’s Bens lovely little through ball...

https://twitter.com/jakefoggitt/status/1198290068940763137?s=21
lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #44 
Hey thank feck your MDTs are not like your betting tips, keep it up fella

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #45 
Satisfying conclusion, also for TC10 (I’d guess), from Graham Smyth in today’s YEP:

“The league table....reflects the fact that this Leeds team is digging out results and keeping in touch with leaders West Brom, it shows Luton struggling, just above the drop zone.

If they produce what they did against Leeds, again and again, in the way the likes of Barnsley have failed to do, they should remain above it.

If Leeds do what they did against Luton, again and again, they should not be visiting Kenilworth Road next season.”
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #46 

Only just seen the highlights on Quest as been on the drink all weekend after that!

We were right behind the goal where Hattrick got BOTH goals and he celebrated right in front of us. We were on tv as the only fans standing up just grabbing each other's arms without properly celebrating!

Good few northern accents in the Luton end around us!!

I must have been watching a different game to the Luton manager who somehow thought his side played well and was happy with their performance! Unfortunately the Hatters will go down if they play like that every game and it really was men v boys....

Technically he was right as they could've scored with the last kick of the game with a header from a corner. We should've won comfortably and not let teams stay in the game til the 90th min....

Luton didn't press us ONCE during the game. Usually, Kiki kicks it 2yds to our players from a place kick and we try to play out with little triangles from the edge of OUR box. Luton just let us bring it up to the halfway line before any attempt at a press. If that was intentional tactics it's shocking as it played into our hands with total domination in possession of the ball. I suppose in theory they've got 10 men behind the ball with only half the pitch so it was hard to break them down. For a team to be happy with a point at home from the first minute is just inviting trouble though....

Sorry, can't be arrssed to give ratingsuntil later as drink kicking in again. Pablo was excellent though and is the creative spark around the box with little dinks to pick out players. One ball in the 2nd half picked out Hattrick, who should've scored with a left foot volley, but they didn't show it for some reason on the highlights. Hattrick just peeled away 2yds from his marker and Pablo just looked up and chipped a 15yd ball to him....

We need to be killing off teams and not let them stay in the game til the 90th min and should be smashing teams like this....and Reading on Tuesday!

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #47 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

Only just seen the highlights on Quest as been on the drink all weekend after that!

We were right behind the goal where Hattrick got BOTH goals and he celebrated right in front of us. We were on tv as the only fans standing up just grabbing each other's arms without properly celebrating!

Good few northern accents in the Luton end around us!!

I must have been watching a different game to the Luton manager who somehow thought his side played well and was happy with their performance! Unfortunately the drinks will go down if they play like that every game and it really was men v boys....

Technically he was right as they could've scored with the last kick of the game with a header from a corner. We should've won comfortably and not let teams stay in the game til the 90th min....

Luton didn't press us ONCE during the game. Usually, Kiki kicks it 2yds to our players from a place kick and we try to play out with little triangles from the edge of OUR box. Luton just let us bring it up to the halfway line before any attempt at a press. If that was intentional tactics it's shocking as it played into our hands with total domination in possession of the ball. I suppose in theory they've got 10 men behind the ball with only half the pitch so it was hard to break them down. For a team to be happy with a point at home from the first minute is just inviting trouble though....

Sorry, can't be arrssed to give ratingsuntil later as drink kicking in again. Pablo was excellent though and is the creative spark around the box with little drinks to pick out players. One ball in the 2nd half picked out Hattrick, who should've scored with a left foot volley, but they didn't show it for some reason on the highlights. Hattrick just peeled away 2yds from his marker and Pablo just looked up and chipped a 15yd ball to him....

We need to be killing off teams and not let them stay in the game til the 90th min and should be smashing teams like this....and Reading on Tuesday!

alcoholic cnut!

Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #48 
Yes TC10, We need a natural goal scorer in Jan, or get Eddie up to speed by then. Otherwise it will be our downfall again this season.
We should have smashed this lot at least 4-1 but again our lack of finishing capability saw us score the winner at the death.
With finishing just on a par with our rivals, we would be 12 points clear by now!
Cheque book out in Jan Radz!!....You have to!!
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #49 
Not a lack of finishing, their keeper had a blinder!

Roberts / Phillips and Harrison all denied by world class saves.

EFL highlights showed the only things Luton did of note and nothing of the pressure we put them under!

75% possession to their 25%, 21 shots on goal with 15 on target, to their 11  shorts on goal with 5 on target. Their keeper makes 11 saves and Kiko just 4.

They had a spell 8-10 minutes around their goal when they looked really threatening but for the other 80-82 minutes we were dominant.

If I based my thoughts on the Quest show, I would have thought were very lucky to escape their onslaught with a point let alone 3!!!

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.