9%
 30 - 35 years 1 vote
3%
 35 - 40 years 8 votes
24%
 > 40 years 19 votes
57%
Please sign up or log in to vote.
Not necessarily looking for posts here, but just trying to gauge how much history and emotional baggage (pain, elation, suffering, misery etc.) we're carrying on this board.
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Kevsandhurst
Personally, none. I feel we have dodged a big bullet. Of course I am wondering why he has appealed, when he said that if the league refused the take over then he would walk away from it, and not challenge their ruling.

BB
A thick 9 inches.....ooops sorry misread the question! Thought it was "How Long"

Then read the Poll headline "How Long have you been hitched to LUFC" so it's 40 years + for me
BB
Skygod
This thread isn't about current issues, I am just interested in a profile of the history that the members here will have experienced.

andyl
With BB on this. Other than the 9 inches.
andyl
Kevsandhurst wrote:
Personally, none. I feel we have dodged a big bullet. Of course I am wondering why he has appealed, when he said that if the league refused the take over then he would walk away from it, and not challenge their ruling.

?????????
Devons no1 Leeds fan
35-40, and never been this down in all that time

BB
Andy

Kev is well know for his passion for things in Claret and Blue, specifically Burnley.
BB
LUID
Like BB over 40 and it'snearer to 50 for me
Alba White
In the over 40 club..... [old_man_smiley_zpsc0c5a4c9]
Kevsandhurst
BB wrote:
Andy

Kev is well know for his passion for things in Claret and Blue, specifically Burnley.

You calling me a Burnley fan? I hope not. I am Leeds through and through, however being a young Leeds supporter, I haven't had to live through the last forty or so years. So I can understand where some are coming from with wanting success now! But I am happy to wait, and if that means admin and starting all over again, then so be it.

Skygod
Devons no1 Leeds fan wrote:
35-40, and never been this down in all that time

Cheer up! We are Leeds!

Each low has to be lower than before because that's just the way it is and that's what we expect, but we're worse than junkies because we always believe in our hearts that the next 'high' is coming.

We're basket cases for putting up with all of this, but we'll never be boring and we'll never stop believing.

MOT

thebagpuss
35-40 for me.  Number of times I've thought 'it can't get any worse' is untrue.  I remember crying as a kid when we got relegated in around 81?  Listened to the radio (think we were playing WBA) and defeat meant relegation.  May be wrong - time has frazzled my brain!!!  Then a teamthat had players like Jack Ashurst and John Stiles (now a stand up comic apparently - wasnt a laughing matter when he played!! Nice bloke though - remember him being dead chatty when I went for his autograph!).  High of the FA cup semi final - then a low, as me and my mate were 5 from the front of the queue when the tickets sold out, apart from the top price ones, and we only had £17!!  Then his dad got us some freebies, so all good again!!.  High when Wilko came, and for 10 years or so all was good...then the rapid decline.  Relegation, all the good players sold for a pittance, administration, -15,Krasner, Bates, GFH god - we've had some sh1te thrown at us!!!
Tony Montana
Over 40 but wish I could get back the last 10.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
BB
Kev

Apologies, it was a reference to your fleeting romance with burnleygirl. I had not intended claiming you were a Burnley fan.

BB
Tony Montana
No Bryan he only porks Burnley fans.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Pistol White
I must be the youngest, only in the 25-30 club.  [cool2A]
Batfastard
In the 35-40 bracket, though this last 10 years has felt like a hundred
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
BB
Jez

Your like a woman! Taking 10 years of the real age!

BB
Batfastard
And you, Bri, are a typical man.....

9 fu-cking inches pmsl [biggrin]
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
BB
I left myself open to that Jez!!

I knew what you would say the moment I hit "Add reply"!!!

Unfortunately, it is highly unlikely I shall be able to prove my statement to you.

However, if you can arrange things for me with Ms Cellino, I am sure she will testify positively!!
BB
kiwikeith
60 years and 2 months - a real big dipper ride!  KB
BB
OMG Keith, you are nearly in the Flatty league!

Congrats though 60 years! So from 1954. At least you lived through and experienced the Glory Years + got to see the JC play.

BB
Broph
Dad got me into Leeds when we went down from the Premiership, was about 7 then. Best thing I've ever seen Leeds accomplish was a League 1 promotion [a0l8p3]
BB
Broph wrote:
Dad got me into Leeds when we went down from the Premiership, was about 7 then. Best thing I've ever seen Leeds accomplish was a League 1 promotion [a0l8p3]

Yes but what a finish to the season!

LUFC 0-1 down at ER, a man sent off and then Homegrown Hero Howson scores! The noise is deafening. When our Talisman JB scored you could not measure the decibel level. Lifelong Memories are made in these moments.

Being an LUFC fan is a ride and we have had some ups in the past decade.

BB
Belgiantoo
Well done Kiwi!!!
40+ myself, i was a bit of a glory hunter →Started following Leeds after the 1970 Cup FInal.
Also my dad told to me, not pick Leeds games for his pools (Littlewoods) because they won the majority of their matches.
Thackleywhite
46 years and counting...loved lufc in the 80's and 90's. Not so in love with the present version. Things are pretty desperate at the mo. But i'm long past letting it bother me...life's too short to let stuff like a badly run football club get anybody down in my opinion.
Devons no1 Leeds fan
Your right skygod and by the start of the season I will be thinking we will go up as champions, like every year but never known it to be so bad, like bagpuss says never think it will get any worse and we are at the lowest but know in my heart it is not the bottom and we will be through worse yet. At least I have known some good times but don't think I will see any more in my lifetime though but will still be here, just hope my kids get to see some good times, I have 5 and the oldest main memory is coming back from Cardiff crying all the way saying I told my friends we were going to be back k in the premiership. The little ones remember no good times. My late dad had loads to answer for.....
Devons no1 Leeds fan
And 1-0 down as I type....... says it all
BAC White
40 +. I blame my wrinkles and hairstyle on them

[y50OAtN] [DiligentAnnualDikdik-size_restricted]      
Dessip
45 and not ever seen things this bad...and I include administration in that...

if you were to make a list of everything that could be wrong with a football club we would probably tick every box. The only exception of course is the fans

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
kiwikeith
@BB

"OMG Keith, you are nearly in the Flatty league!
Congrats though 60 years! So from 1954. At least you lived through and experienced the Glory Years + got to see the JC play.
"

Yes, when I started watching Leeds they were an average 2nd div. side (like now) who, although they had spent quite a bit of time in the 1st div., had never really won anything.
And, yes, I saw big John play lots of times, both at CF and CH. Then he moved on to Italy, but we got him back some time later. I was at his first return game home, the loudspeaker was playing "Happy days are here again" but playing in Italy had ruined him and he was sadly never the same player again.

KB
flatcap
WOW NICE TO HEAR SOME OF THE OLD FOLKS AGAIN............I am so mixed up these days its only when guys like yous lads bring specific games back that I recall how good a time the glory years really were.

I suppose we were lucky,from the "boys pen" to the "shed then West Stand via recently to the kop and now back to the West Stand on occasions these days, T Montana and Tosh and some of the guys got me down to a few games, but the standing I cant cope so well with these days.
personal friendships with big John and even The Don I still remember well, seeing Gaby Yorath as a tiny kid in Sheilas cafeé with her dad, Look at her now Gabby Logan eh? it seems so long ago.

My first game was in 1955 a friendly with Hibernian to commemorate the installation of the first floodlight at Elland Road......funny how the first games still remain with you.....
if CM cant be appointed the consortiums look the only other option, they say they cant compete with CMs cash flow, but if both got together maybe they could satisfy the cash we need, fancy a club like ours not being attractive enough to attract a real benefactor.
Maybe the guy over at Hull whos threatening to walk away, could have a stroll over here eh?[old_man_smiley_zpsc0c5a4c9] 

LEEDS UNITED INTERNATIONALLY FAMOUS WORLDWIDE
blind pilots
40+years for me [im-ok-smiley-emoticon]

[image]   
Rich_LUFC
35-40 - although for some reason, it feels a lot lot longer!
[pixel]
Skygod
Many thanks to everyone that's voted so far.

57% of respondents with more than 40 years allegiance (The Revie era) is quite staggering.

Lilly
All pretty worrying Skygod - what's going to become of the club when the hard core elderly support pops it's collective clogs. This poll indicates there's not much of a fan base following on behind us lot..
Skygod
Lilly wrote:
All pretty worrying Skygod - what's going to become of the club when the hard core elderly support pops it's collective clogs. This poll indicates there's not much of a fan base following on behind us lot..

Lilly,

I remember going to see Leeds at White Hart Lane when I was about 10 years old and I couldn't understand why two old guys sitting nearby were giving so many negative comments about their Club, but I sort of 'get it' now.

The young 'uns have lives to live and LUFC is a 'girlfriend' (if that's sexist I apologise) at the moment.

They'll grow up and be as passionate in years to come.

thebagpuss
thought that too Lilly - however, was Sports Relief day at my two youngeast boys school on Friday,and they could wear sports clobber.  About 150-200 kids.  Like a little saddo, I counted all the football shirts!!  28 Leeds shirts - next best was Barcelona with 2 - mightily relieved to see no red ones!!

Also, where my 5 year old trains for football, well over half the kids there (about 30) wear Leeds - again - no red...so am slightly encouraged!!
ishotamancinreno
Edited
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

ishotamancinreno
Sorry posted that by mistake! 52 years this year! Dad took me as an 8 year old. We were on holiday at Easter in Brid and me dad drove back for a game and then back to Brid afterwards! Not the simple hours trip it is now.
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

LeedsPremChamps2020
5 years old and 31 years for me. Dad was mental for them, brother was nearly as bad (he's 8 years older than me so when I was the right age to be influenced and he was fighting every week after a beer up for the footy so it was intense some weeks) so it just seemed the thing to do. Also, living in Cheshire it meant I had plenty of friends as rivals (all Man U) so it quickly became "my badge".
Still remember the promotion and then last English first division champions before the PL.

The thing that hurt most during those heady days? Being called a glory hunter by those same friends who had been lording it over me for years when in a higher division. Glory hunter!!!!!!
Funny seeing them all moan on FB about their current plight, I have a copy and paste of:

"feck off, we've had a decade of not much to cheer, get used to it glory hunters haha".

I've lost 4 friends through un friending me so far, it's the only positive I have at the moment.
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Battysheridan
50 years and 1 month  for me and the last month was longer than the 50 years before it [bawl][bawl][bawl]