Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Batfastard
And seen us be one of the best teams in England, get cheated out of being European Champions, get relegated, suffer for 8 years, come back, win the title, stagnate for a bit, become a great team again for a couple of years, collapse ridiculously, crawl out of administration, claw our way back to the Championship and stagnate (again) around mid table.

Today I am watching a group of skint fu-cking Arabs who own our club, but only do so for the great joy of trying to flog bits of it elsewhere, who are running us at a loss of £1m a month and have got us back into the debt we fought so hard to get out of, trying very fu-cking desperately to bully the Football League to make a decision to allow a convicted Italian criminal with a maverick personality (to put it nicely) to be allowed to take a controlling stake in the club.

And the majority of fans seem to want this.

Forgive me for feeling just a little bit fu-cking sick to the core of my being at the moment.
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
Wildwood
Quote:

give people a realistic alternative, and i'm sure they'd jump at it...
Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
Ridsdales Goldfish
Morngy cnut

[rofl]

Yes the lingering indecision is like having a testicle flicked every 15 mins.

Ain't it Lil? [rofl]
Batfastard
Wildwood wrote:
Quote:

give people a realistic alternative, and i'm sure they'd jump at it...

Completely agree mate. And therein lies the tragedy. There is no decent alternative. Which is why the whole thing seems so bleeding absurd
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
Royes
You exaggerate a lot in your view of Cellino. Whats the difference between Cellino and a couple of the FL board members we read about earlier today? What you say is that an english crook is a far better person than a foreign crook. Double moral I would call it. As far as I know Cellino have one spent conviction. And now one case from a low court that will be appealed and where the most likely outcome is the case will be dismissed.
That hardly qualifies to be called a criminal.

Im afraid GFH have made a decition they wont spend any more money and if Cellino fail it could be admin next. Or they keep us afloat until they find a new buyer. That could take some time and we will suffer worse than any time before, relegation is a clear possibility. If we loose to Millwall we are only 9 points off relegation places with 12 matches left.

So in my mind Cellino is our only alternative. I highly empazise that BMD now openly support Cellinos bid.
Thackleywhite
Its Cellino or bust!  And it really is. As for GFH i hate them just as much as i hated Bates....they disgust me.

There really seems no end to the misery of the last decade. We have suffered more than any fans of any club in existence today...and on it goes, on and on and on.

My fear is that the FL will just delay and stall to such an extent that Cellino loses heart and just goes away. that will leave the magnificent GFH overseeing a car-crash of a football club..underfunding, borrowing and racking up more debt

more shysters who think they can run the club, more consortiums  with fu-ck all money making bids and more misery for us poor fans. For it is we the fans who suffer the most in all of this.,..far more than any player, far more than any manager.[a0l8p3]
Red
Batfastard wrote:
And seen us be one of the best teams in England, get cheated out of being European Champions, get relegated, suffer for 8 years, come back, win the title, stagnate for a bit, become a great team again for a couple of years, collapse ridiculously, crawl out of administration, claw our way back to the Championship and stagnate (again) around mid table.

Today I am watching a group of skint fu-cking Arabs who own our club, but only do so for the great joy of trying to flog bits of it elsewhere, who are running us at a loss of £1m a month and have got us back into the debt we fought so hard to get out of, trying very fu-cking desperately to bully the Football League to make a decision to allow a convicted Italian criminal with a maverick personality (to put it nicely) to be allowed to take a controlling stake in the club.

Forgive me for feeling just a little bit fu-cking sick to the core of my being at the moment.

I'm 100% with u on this mate... It's where we are at tho I believe we are fucked either way mc will give us a few more years to get exited for on a sat pm.
I hate lufc plight and how we are stitched up time and time again and how the boot is always put in by EVERYONE!!!
8 by the FL being the latest.
But I'd take anyone who will keep us playing that's what it about isn't it?
I believe we are doomed it's destined!!every thing goes against us always.
If we had one last game tomorrow I know as will everyone else in football that we (the greatest fans) will feel love sing and support our club we are Leeds not players or owners it's us the fans!!
We are Leeds we are united !!!
Till they stop us!!! Till the end!!
MOT
rinner
i think you may just have a point thackley the fl could make no decision and wait for massimo to walk away .  i really hope this is not the case as i for one now would love to see him takeover i think he could prove to be a good fit for us and rattle a few cages on the way. 

Ridsdales Goldfish
Am I stating the obvious here?

This million pound of debt per month is clearly a GFH thing as ALL our debt was wiped out at the last bout of Admin, was it not?

If thats the case surely this is caused in the main by a generous APR on any loan to purchase us initially?

Supreme business acumen if so
Skygod
Ridsdales Goldfish wrote:
Am I stating the obvious here? This million pound of debt per month is clearly a GFH thing as ALL our debt was wiped out at the last bout of Admin, was it not? If thats the case surely this is caused in the main by a generous APR on any loan to purchase us initially? Supreme business acumen if so

The last administration saw all debts wiped out, but Bates just started borrowing again and loaded the Club with debt again, which apparently stood at around 30m when GFH took over.

GFH Management Fees will have been adding costs to operate LUFC this season and there is little to no revenue stream from Season Tickets or Hospitality.

Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Rhino White
Royes wrote:
You exaggerate a lot in your view of Cellino. Whats the difference between Cellino and a couple of the FL board members we read about earlier today? What you say is that an english crook is a far better person than a foreign crook. Double moral I would call it. As far as I know Cellino have one spent conviction. And now one case from a low court that will be appealed and where the most likely outcome is the case will be dismissed. That hardly qualifies to be called a criminal. Im afraid GFH have made a decition they wont spend any more money and if Cellino fail it could be admin next. Or they keep us afloat until they find a new buyer. That could take some time and we will suffer worse than any time before, relegation is a clear possibility. If we loose to Millwall we are only 9 points off relegation places with 12 matches left. So in my mind Cellino is our only alternative. I highly empazise that BMD now openly support Cellinos bid.

Aye very misunderstood is our Massimo ignoring his spent conviction and his recent tax evasion case what about the other 3 impending tax avoidence cases or the embezzlement charges???
At what point does he qualify to be called a "criminal" then Royes?
Also its bollox that it's Cellino or bust the TL consortium have a bid ready to go irrespective of how much MC has promised to spend the facts are clear he has previous ,present and an overwelming likely hood of future convictions to come so id say that pretty much puts him in the "Criminal" category.
Whatever the details this sh## gets put onto the Club look at the fall out at Pompey ,Brum etc .
Finally the Manager would/will back ANYONE who is this close to taking over even more so now he got his job back.
Perth Pommie
Rhino White wrote:
Royes wrote:
You exaggerate a lot in your view of Cellino. Whats the difference between Cellino and a couple of the FL board members we read about earlier today? What you say is that an english crook is a far better person than a foreign crook. Double moral I would call it. As far as I know Cellino have one spent conviction. And now one case from a low court that will be appealed and where the most likely outcome is the case will be dismissed. That hardly qualifies to be called a criminal. Im afraid GFH have made a decition they wont spend any more money and if Cellino fail it could be admin next. Or they keep us afloat until they find a new buyer. That could take some time and we will suffer worse than any time before, relegation is a clear possibility. If we loose to Millwall we are only 9 points off relegation places with 12 matches left. So in my mind Cellino is our only alternative. I highly empazise that BMD now openly support Cellinos bid.

Aye very misunderstood is our Massimo ignoring his spent conviction and his recent tax evasion case what about the other 3 impending tax avoidence cases or the embezzlement charges???
At what point does he qualify to be called a "criminal" then Royes?
Also its bollox that it's Cellino or bust the TL consortium have a bid ready to go irrespective of how much MC has promised to spend the facts are clear he has previous ,present and an overwelming likely hood of future convictions to come so id say that pretty much puts him in the "Criminal" category.
Whatever the details this sh## gets put onto the Club look at the fall out at Pompey ,Brum etc .
Finally the Manager would/will back ANYONE who is this close to taking over even more so now he got his job back.

Spot on Rhino
EL KIWIPETE
i completely empathise with your first thoughts jez--i too feel a waning at the mo--it seems to me its the italian job or nowt---nothing surprises me mate about our club-we revel in the soap opera that is leeds united--not good for your health--more twists and turns than flatty having a wanke in his wheelchair ffs-[ipm54l]

funny-YOU MUST REMOVE THE WORD W-AANK-------must have monkers fecked lol-[chair-to-the-head]

PROUD TO BE BORN IN HOLBECK--VINTAGE 1959

Mighty Oak
Not sure I can see the point of this thread. Maybe its time to find another hobby Batfastard. I can see you dont want Cellino at the club but plenty of people do so maybe its time to be a bit more upbeat and supportive.

What you need is a regime of exercise, less burgers and definately no more bedroom playstation and then you will start to feel more positive about Leeds, life and the future. 

Marsh Spain
Quote:
What you need is a regime of exercise, less burgers and definately no more bedroom playstation and then you will start to feel more positive about Leeds, life and the future. 

he's off to the match today so how can he feel more positive. lol

at least he'll find a good burger to cheer him up [thumbup]

onwardsandupwards

Batfastard wrote:
And seen us be one of the best teams in England, get cheated out of being European Champions, get relegated, suffer for 8 years, come back, win the title, stagnate for a bit, become a great team again for a couple of years, collapse ridiculously, crawl out of administration, claw our way back to the Championship and stagnate (again) around mid table. Today I am watching a group of skint fu-cking Arabs who own our club, but only do so for the great joy of trying to flog bits of it elsewhere, who are running us at a loss of £1m a month and have got us back into the debt we fought so hard to get out of, trying very fu-cking desperately to bully the Football League to make a decision to allow a convicted Italian criminal with a maverick personality (to put it nicely) to be allowed to take a controlling stake in the club. And the majority of fans seem to want this. Forgive me for feeling just a little bit fu-cking sick to the core of my being at the moment.

The worst part is most of our fans are welcoming Bates...sorry, Cellino with open arms. 

And there IS an alternative - Farnan. Not saying that he is the saviour or a multi-billionaire (Derby showing you don't need one) and I'm not claiming I know the ins and outs of his bid - but he is an alternative.

So there is hope, but it isn't Cellino or GFH or Haigh David (bo selecta)

Royes
Rhino, we can only deal with facts and not rumours about future issues. What is important is that Cellino runs Leeds in a proper manner.
What he does as a private person is up to him and none of our business as long it isnt a serious criminal matter. Imo tax issues are civil and not criminal matters. Then its wrong to call him a criminal.

Lets hope TL consortium have a bid ready that is acceptable for GFH. If not they probably wont sell. The one bid from TL was ridiculously low. If Cellino is rejected we will see if they have the club and supporters at their heart or just want to make a bargain.
Wildwood
Quote:
And there IS an alternative - Farnan. Not saying that he is the saviour or a multi-billionaire (Derby showing you don't need one) and I'm not claiming I know the ins and outs of his bid - but he is an alternative.

if you don't know the ins and outs of the bid, then you can't call it an alternative. if gfh accept the bid and are prepared to do business with him, only then does it become a genuine alternative...otherwise it's just something that might happen. in such circumstances, i'll always go with the 'bird in the hand'...
thevoiceofreason

Just like there are those who don't trust Cellino as far as they can throw him,i don't trust Farnan.....I reckon one of the first things he would do is sell McCormack to the highest bidder in the summer and share the proceeds with his fellow consortium buddies....Whilst we have to settle for a journey man on a free transfer as his replacement....And then the vicious circle continues [a0l8p3]

onwardsandupwards
Wildwood wrote:

if you don't know the ins and outs of the bid, then you can't call it an alternative.

Yes you can because no-one knows the terms of Cellino becoming the owner, particularly the disturbing fact that we don't the terms of his "putting" £6 million into the club when he didn't know for certain if he'd be the owner. That could cost us big time in interest. And no-one knows how much money he intends to spend on the club and, again, in what capacity (i.e. loans).

Wildwood wrote:

if gfh accept the bid and are prepared to do business with him, only then does it become a genuine alternative... 

That's just bad reasoning. An official complaint was lodged by Together Leeds to the FL saying they were not given a fair hearing by GFH. The press called the goings on at Leeds in January a fire sale. Adam Pope has spoken to Farnan and other, as of this moment, silent partners and has said he thinks it is a realistic and well constructed bid. As has Phil Hay of the Yorkshire Post. I'm NOT saying that it is a dream bid or even one with lots of financial muscle because I don't know. But I like the fact Farnan isn't a criminal, whether convicted in the past or present, and he doesn't bring convicted match fixers to Elland Road. Those are huge pluses to me.

So that is why it is a genuine alternative, just one that has been suffocated by the morally corrupt, and probably criminally corrupt, GFH and David Haigh.

Skygod
onwardsandupwards wrote:
An official complaint was lodged by Together Leeds to the FL saying they were not given a fair hearing by GFH.

WTF is an 'official complaint'?

Owners can choose who they wish to sell to, and if they decide that they do not want to sell to Together Leeds, what can the FL do?

Come on pro-Farnan / anti-Cellino supporters; give us pro-Cellino supporters a reason why the the Farnan offer is better.

Mighty Oak
A few things here. GFH have accepted Cellinos bid and his money is in the GFH account. For all intents and purposes he does own the club. However there is the obstacle of the fit and proper test that GFH and Cellino apparrantly ignored. The real problems will start if the FL do turn down Mr Cellino and then GFH have to find a way of unraveling the mess i.e. giving Cellino his purchase money back, the money loaned for players, wages and the training pitch. Could be interesting.

As for Together Leeds. I would imagine the main reason that GFH didn't take them seriously was their lack of interest when they had the opportunity and lack of funds when GFH wanted / needed to do the deal. GFH would not have wanted another repeat of the Haig consortium 6 weeks of big talk and messing around that ended in nothing other than a waste of time. 

Actually its completely up to GFH who they sell the club to and the FL will have nothing to say about Farnan or his alleged backers. Its a market driven transaction. If GFH had judged Farnan to be serious and with the neccesary funds I believe they would have spoken to him, as it is now its too late and there are too many doubts around them as there were with Haig & co.

Maybe Farnan will continue with his interest if Mr Cellino fails the F&P test. IF he can come up with the neccessary money it is likely that he will have another opportunity to be the Mr big of Elland Road. My guess is that he will loose interest as soon as he is asked to prove his intent with hard cash. Nothing more than a gob sh** at the moment who is playing hard ball while there is no real possibility of him having to come up with the goods.

Its such an interesting game being played out here and its hard to see where the winners will be but one thing is for sure the only looser will be the Football club, the players and the manager.  

Rhino White
Amazing that you dismiss the TL bid when no "concrete offer" was ever tabled just a notice of interest which was duly blocked by inside man Haigh for his SC group to secure exclusivity.
Also what is getting ignored is the fact that Haigh and GFH btw tried to blindside Flowers and the other SC members but it went south so Haigh did his usual sly cnut number and started courting Cellino.
All the PR re-TL bid came from Haigh and co after Haigh had staterd his sly underhand dealings (Which Flowers uncovered btw) Farnan has continuously denied the "7m" offer and publically warned about Haigh.
In fact it wasn't long ago he was quoted as saying "wait and see" when he was goaded by many via twitter etc about Haigh and Flowers buying us when he'd publically questioned the funding look what happened there??
Repeatedly Farnan has made it clear the buy out offer package would MATCH Cellinos but was never given chance to get round the table with GFH (Haighs doing again).
Feel free to dismiss Cellinos questionable dealings both financial and whilst in charge at Cagliari and id also welcome this "evidence" you intend to reveal re-Farnan and co SkyGod.
The reasons Cellino isn't fit and proper are clear,current and also impending tax evasion and embezzlement are hardly akin to parking tickets and someone with a grudge in Italy tell the Brum and Pompey fans dodgy illegal financial practices are "minor".
The way some are acting you would think Cellino sh##s Gold and Pees the finest malt whilst playing MOT on his banjo string.
Cellino has history of lies he evn did it when he thought he owned us( no i wont let it go) and has continued to do so.
So over to you lot predicting Cellino or LUFC genocide and dismissing the Farnan bid via Haighs inside "Tory spin"
Royes
Rhino, what all of you who want Farnan forget is that our club is already sold to Cellino and GFH have got the money.
Everything is completed. The only obstacle is FLs approval. GFH is free to sell to whoever they want.

Why should the FL suddenly change the rules? They have approved new owners who are much worse than Cellino.
If some of you pay for services with cash or dont provide all the income to taxation you are just as 'criminal' as Cellino.
I dont think anyone doing that would perceive themselves as criminals.
Wildwood
Quote:
Yes you can because no-one knows the terms of Cellino becoming the owner

errr, the bloke has had a bid accepted...and no matter what the terms, it doesn't change the fact that gfh have only been prepared to deal with cellino (for whatever reason). who says there'll be other bids, which meet terms that are acceptable to gfh? will bids be submitted? will they be accepted? who knows...thus there's no genuine alternative.

Quote:

An official complaint was lodged by Together Leeds to the FL saying they were not given a fair hearing by GFH.

as skygod says:

"Owners can choose who they wish to sell to, and if they decide that they do not want to sell to Together Leeds, what can the FL do?"

lubyvader
If the FL rules are broken I'm sure we can be slung out of the league and therefore no LUFC period,underestimating the FLs power of Authority is foolish and very narrow,they may have made mistakes but if they don't approve owners then you either accept the descision or be expelled from the English Leagues which they own

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Rhino White
Rhino, what all of you who want Farnan forget is that our club is already sold to Cellino and GFH have got the money. Everything is completed. The only obstacle is FLs approval. GFH is free to sell to whoever they want. Why should the FL suddenly change the rules? They have approved new owners who are much worse than Cellino. If some of you pay for services with cash or dont provide all the income to taxation you are just as 'criminal' as Cellino. I dont think anyone doing that would perceive themselves as criminals.[/QUOTE
Who has said they "haven't sold" to Cellino??
In actual fact the agreement might be in place and money may have changed hands but the FL have yet to sign off which in effect means it isn't sold at all as per FL regs.
Plus for those questioning TL's approach to the FL that was purely to prove that there are other options than just Cellino and that they are fully funded when GFH clearly stated that Cellino is the only viable bid!!
Oh and yea Royes people saving £20 on box of Cigs or a tenner on a bottle of booze really equates to £100.000's of tax avoidence and fraud on Yachts and Range Rovers.
Skygod
Rhino White wrote:
people saving £20 on box of Cigs or a tenner on a bottle of booze really equates to £100.000's of tax avoidence and fraud on Yachts and Range Rovers.

So a 'little' crime isn't criminal, but a 'big' crime is?
The crime is the same, it's only the penalty that would be different.

Reminds me of the story about the old gent who asks a lady if she will sleep with him for a million pounds. Of course, she says yes. He then offers her ten pounds and she slaps his face, saying, "What do you think I am?" He answers, "Madam, we have already established what you are. Now we are just haggling over the price."

Kingcurrie
[grin-smiley-emoticon]
Rhino White
SG-Lets put it this way then IF our owner was caught out not paying duty on cigs or booze would that have as much of an overall impact on lufc=Would it bollox.
Now look at the scale of Cellinos dealings and what the likes of Yeung etc have done elsewhere to see the impact it has had not only that the way he recklessly tried to sign players on deadline day which btw would have cost us a big fine and a points deduction had his T/O then being ratified and his puppet Festa being in charge.
It is far form being the same "offence" or more importantly having the equivalent impact on LUFC we all knew what Bates was up to but even that old cnut was'nt as openly stupid or caught like this nutter has been
Rhino White

Oh and before i forget SG when are you gonna post this "evidence" that blows Farnan apart as a viable alternative to Cellino as owner??

Pistol White
I am just sick to death of all this takeover nonsense now, just want it sorted asap, its defo effecting on field issues IMO. To be honest I'm indifferent about whether it goes to Cellino or Farnan anymore.  Both groups come with pros and cons.  At least we know Cellino has money and is willing to repurchase ER/TA, if Cellino fails the O&D test then hopefully Together Leeds will step in and take the reigns.  With a bit of luck GFH C will have no holding remaining in the club at the end of all this, they have been a disgrace.  As I've said before if Cellino failing the O&D test means Farnans group can get us on the cheap with GFH losing money I would be happy with that, as long as Farnans group have the necessary resources.  There are quite a few of them in the consortium so they should have some decent brass behind them.
Mighty Oak
Cellino has made the investment in Leeds United and continues to invest - despite all the anger being thrown at him. Are these the actions of a man that deserves to be treated this way. £1m per month to keep the club afloat, the purchase of a new training pitch at Thorpe arch, finance for players. What has Mr Farnan being doing while the club has been sinking apart from making things far worse and mouthing off. What is it that is fueling the love affair with Farnan and the illogical hatred for Cellino.

Farnan could have made an offer much earlier than he did but he didn't until it was far too late and then he kicked up a fuss and continues to do so. To me this looks like someone who is trying to do nothing more than block the Cellino takeover for god only knows what reasons. I personally think if Farnans bluff is called and GFH eventually turn to him to provide proof of funds and agree to talk to him he will run a mile. The amount of money involved now and on an ongoing basis will cause him to do something in his trousers very quickly once he realises he is expected to find the money. 

Time will tell the rights and wrongs of all of this but I am convinced that if Mr Cellino is forced to walk away the future for our club will be very bleak indeed. 
onwardsandupwards
Skygod wrote:
onwardsandupwards wrote:

WTF is an 'official complaint'?

I'll break it down for you. Farnan wrote to the Football League to complain that GFH weren't listening to their bid. 

So, what makes it official? Well he wrote the League a letter, he didn't just complain to the press or anything. He made it official by putting it into writing and sending it to the body who are going to preside over our ownership problems. 

Comprende? WTF?
onwardsandupwards
Mighty Oak wrote:
A few things here. GFH have accepted Cellinos bid and his money is in the GFH account.

He has funded us for the last month, reportedly to the tune of £6 million. He has now stopped funding the club. So there is no huge cash reserve. Not sure where you got that from.

Mighty Oak wrote:
My guess is that he will loose interest as soon as he is asked to prove his intent with hard cash. Nothing more than a gob sh** at the moment who is playing hard ball while there is no real possibility of him having to come up with the goods.
What on earth is that based on?
onwardsandupwards
Royes wrote:
Rhino, what all of you who want Farnan forget is that our club is already sold to Cellino and GFH have got the money. Everything is completed. The only obstacle is FLs approval.

You do not understand the current situation at Elland Road mate. You really don't.

He has stopped funding the club, hence GFH freaking out. Cellino has put £6 million in already and has stopped funding us. Everything is NOT completed. GFH have NOT got the money. 

onwardsandupwards
Royes wrote:
Rhino, what all of you who want Farnan forget is that our club is already sold to Cellino and GFH have got the money. Everything is completed. The only obstacle is FLs approval.

You do not understand the current situation at Elland Road mate. You really don't.

He has stopped funding the club, hence GFH freaking out. Cellino has put £6 million in already and has stopped funding us. Everything is NOT completed. GFH have NOT got the money. 

Royes wrote:
If some of you pay for services with cash or dont provide all the income to taxation you are just as 'criminal' as Cellino. I dont think anyone doing that would perceive themselves as criminals.

This is such a ridiculous comparison, the fact you're having to resort to that level of argument shows how weak your case for Cellino is. 

Why are you so willing to forgive him his entire past of dodgy financial practice? Why do you WANT someone like that at Elland Road? Have you seen teams like Pompey, Birmingham etc? Can you even begin to learn or take lessons from history? 

Skygod
Rhino White wrote:
when are you gonna post this "evidence" that blows Farnan apart as a viable alternative to Cellino as owner??

Until it's finally determined that Cellino has failed to get FL approval, there's little point in posting anything, but one thing is for sure, the individuals that have been named so far will not have enough cash to buy the Club and finance it for 1 year from their personal wealth.

Marsh Spain
completely unfair to compare Cellino taking over us to Carston Yeung taking
over Birmingham.

Yeung was a well known Hong Kong gangster who's main job was cleaning
money for other gangsters.

Cellino deals in corn and left his US flagged boat in the Med too long.

hardly the same.

Pistol White
Certainly makes me think twice about taking my blow up dinghy to Italy with me.
Royes
Rhino White wrote:
Rhino, what all of you who want Farnan forget is that our club is already sold to Cellino and GFH have got the money. Everything is completed. The only obstacle is FLs approval. GFH is free to sell to whoever they want. Why should the FL suddenly change the rules? They have approved new owners who are much worse than Cellino. If some of you pay for services with cash or dont provide all the income to taxation you are just as 'criminal' as Cellino. I dont think anyone doing that would perceive themselves as criminals.[/QUOTE
Who has said they "haven't sold" to Cellino??
In actual fact the agreement might be in place and money may have changed hands but the FL have yet to sign off which in effect means it isn't sold at all as per FL regs.
Plus for those questioning TL's approach to the FL that was purely to prove that there are other options than just Cellino and that they are fully funded when GFH clearly stated that Cellino is the only viable bid!!
Oh and yea Royes people saving £20 on box of Cigs or a tenner on a bottle of booze really equates to £100.000's of tax avoidence and fraud on Yachts and Range Rovers.

Rhino, I wasnt thinking about minor issues like a bottle of booze or some cigarettes.
But if you have your house redecorated and pay the workers in cash, you save money not paying VAT and the workers dont pay tax. Are you then a criminal? Just as much or even more than Cellino imo. I think this is quite common.

I have an excample from real life. I was a co-owner of a company some years ago and we had a tax audit and it was revealed our company had for several years paid too little VAT. Our acountant hade made a mistake and we had to pay back the VAT and even 50% more as a punishment. Did that make me and the other owners criminals? No, my personal record is still clean and has always been.

You can compare my story to Cellinos, its the company that owns the boat who has to pay the tax and punishment if convicted and not Cellino in person. If someone in that company has made a mistake not paying tax, is Cellino then a criminal? My point is we dont know details of Cellinos case and cant jump to conclusions.
Pistol White
I suspect Cellino knows what he is trying to do re- tax avoidance and is actively planning to keep his total tax bill down.  I assume your error was an honest mistake Royes, in which case it is an easy mistake to make and the fine gets paid and you move on.  I would think Cellino, with his gang of lucrative advisors, has tried to manage his tax bill down, if anything I bet he is annoyed with his advisors that the plan they put in place seems to have been found to be illegal in Italy.  His lawyer was certain he'd be not guilty prior to the hearing.

Not familiar with the Italian tax system or the residency rules but it appears that the Italians want an import duty, but since it appears he lives in Miami most of the time I would have thought he would have some leaway on Italian tax, I thought he paid VAT in the US also so some double taxation issues it seems to me.
Kingcurrie
All business men have canny little loop holes where they can save on tax. Anyone who runs a business will put things down on their expenses list to slim down on profit margins.
Cellino is high profile and less likely to get away with it, In my humble opinion it doesn't make him malicious or a bad person, just a little too greedy maybe.

Pistol White
Look at Starbucks, Google UK, Arcadia Group as examples of how firms try to pay as little tax as possible.  There is a fine line between legal tax avoidance and illegal tax evasion, both can be regarded as ethically dubious to most.  High net worth individuals, especially cross border operators, are constantly trying to push the envelope, there are plenty of grey areas that tax advisors try to take advantage of.
Thackleywhite
He'll be accepted by the FL by weds. No strings either. Onwards and upwards..players and managerial team already aware of this. Just let the guy get on with it now.
thevoiceofreason

Ok,we are all pretty much in agreement that Cellino is not a squeaky clean guy...But is he capable of running a football club and bringing them success? or at least putting them on a steady path? The answer to that is YES whether you like the guy or not ,he knows how to run a football club and he has the means to do so aswell...You only have to look at his record with Cagliari to decipher that one....It is clear to see that he has done a good job in the 22 years he has been in charge of Cagliari...And turned a poor team of serie B quality with a relatively small fanbase into a half decent Serie A team,now surely that is not a man who does not know what he is doing? And now he wants to take a fallen giant back into the big boys playground...I for one am willing to give him a chance if he gets the go ahead.I don't expect him to spend silly money on players like Ridsdale did...I just hope he can put us back on a level playing field with the rest of the championship and make us a stable club again..He says he wants to take us back to the prem as soon as possible and that would be great. But I would be happy enough for him to take his time and gradually build us into a decent club again.... All i'm saying is give him a chance.