Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

GuisboroughLUFC
I was driving home tonight from work and a thought popped into my head(not the usual ones).

How can owners be allowed to take over a club and then run the club so ineptly? If you have the money or the intelligence to gain such a high profile position, then surely you know the basics of running a business successfully, without running it into the red.

We've had Ridsdale, who lost all sense ( although I thought this was a great time). We then followed him up with the frugal Ken Bates (who refilled his pockets after Abromovich bummed him), then in steps GFH (who appear not to know how to run a p!ss up in a brewery).

These people should in my opinion should face greater trials than a guy who didn't pay some tax, taking over a club who is willing to spend money on the club. 

Then you have the Football League who prop up clubs like Portsmouth as it would be a shame to lose a historic club, putting another club into the same position, they themselves have tried to avoid elsewhere previously.

Is our club really in such a bad position / location that no one with any sense would want  to invest in it? Not even with the potential spilling over the sides?
Every Success Begins With A Dream.
14/15 Championship Runner Up (Unbeaten)
13/14 Hotdog Trophy Winner
Battysheridan
[thumbup] Said it all mate
Batfastard
Aye, Guis, bleeding clowns the lot of them.

No offence, like.
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
Tony Currie10
I've said before that somebody should sue the Football League for allowing their employees, GFH, to run a business into the ground after only 400 odd days of saying they were fit and proper....

Why can't the Football League take the blame for letting a bunch of chancers and fraudsters take charge in the first place?
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Sir Rob Vegetable
Tony Currie10 wrote:
I've said before that somebody should sue the Football League for allowing their employees, GFH, to run a business into the ground after only 400 odd days of saying they were fit and proper.... Why can't the Football League take the blame for letting a bunch of chancers and fraudsters take charge in the first place?

This was my point earlier...  I think there's real credibility in this.

Basically, the FL took quite a hard-line / tic-box approach to Cellino when he first applied and were prepared to stand by their decision.

HOWEVER - Now that wages haven't been paid, disputes, and threat of admin - all of a sudden FL realise that this is a potential embarassment for them because:

1. the people failing to run Leeds are the same people they approved 13 months ago
  2. wages would be paid and all doubts about admin avoided, if they hadn't rejected Cellino a month ago

I think this is why the QC verdict is being delayed - not to change it, but so the FL can do a small u-turn / compromise afterall.

Lesser of two evils and all that.
LeedsPremChamps2020
I may be wrong on this but the FL only need plans and finances to keep the club going for 6 months to pass director test.

Wouldn't it be ironic if GFH paid 6 months exactly before they stopped putting any money in. Would kind of fit timeline wise.

It's the rules that suck because the FL only ask he bare minimum to sanction multimillion pound deals.
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
GuisboroughLUFC
It also makes you wonder how much they actually look at?

The Birmingham owner must of had sh!!t coming out of his ears when he tried to get permission to take over them, yet it was still approved?
Every Success Begins With A Dream.
14/15 Championship Runner Up (Unbeaten)
13/14 Hotdog Trophy Winner
Royes
GuisboroughLUFC wrote:
It also makes you wonder how much they actually look at?

The Birmingham owner must of had sh!!t coming out of his ears when he tried to get permission to take over them, yet it was still approved?

Yes, and Cellino just an appealed tax case that in Italy isnt a conviction. Its just ridiculous.
Royes
Imo the FL cant change the rules like that overnight. Very much better if they announced a change of rules in advance, then it would be equality for all.
Daniel2
LPC, it has to be surely longer then just six month that the club can be financed by any new owner before they are past by the FL league. Common sense would dictate that the bear minimum length a likely new own must be able to fund for at least 1 full season as per their requirements to obtain a playing licence for the club unless of course they do not even have that as a rule.
LeedsPremChamps2020
I will try and dig out the link
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Ridsdales Goldfish
Their F&PP test quite clearly isn't worth a wa-nk

This MC fail smacks of 'There you go, we've actually spotted a dodgy one for you, aren't we good'

Were in fact their stringent tests have let crook after crook into the game.

rinner
i could understand the fl a little if leeds had some assets i.e. ground etc , but in reality we have little to lose with massimo and far and away more to gain. ok he may rattle a few people and p iss us off at times , but we only need to think back to now and our current clusterfuck to bring us back to earth .