Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Bull Thick With Drink
Having had some time to reflect on what has been the most incredible season i wanted to take the time to thank everyone associated with Leeds United Football Club, including the incredible supporters. No matter what happens from here I will never forget the way you took me in and treated me as one of your own from day one. These memories and experiences will be with me forever.

Reading between the lines is he gone? I (we all) hope not but that looks like a goodbye message to me
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

Soopaleeds
sadly so ðŸ˜”

It was always a long shot we'd be able to keep him.
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
BB
Yes, reading between the lines, Ben will not be a LUFC player next year. 
BB
andyl
Damn shame if true.

Player of the year for me. Where to for him now? Another Prem side or 3/4th choice at Brighton?
stevethemouse
yep good by and thanks for all the fish Ben
 did you know Brighton's original nickname was  the dolphins
1972Glory
Not sure if it's totally done and dusted yet, but hey if it is life goes on. We'll find someone else to fill the gap and I'm sure Orta and the team would have already made plans in the event that Ben returned full time to Brighton, so let's wait and see.
BB
Ben needs to think, play where you are loved or sit on a bench, BHA have 5 other CBs, the top six like guys close to or over 6'4". Money or Glory? I know what I would choose and it would not be £££££s.

He needs to understand his "advisors" have a different agenda. Just ask Jack Clarke
BB
Kingcurrie
He should take a leaf out of Bielsa's book and put experience before money.
But I would say that.
Steve Bates
Reading between the lines I suspect Brighton have told him to put that message out. Time to reflect? Don't think they are his words particularly when he has been larging it in Ibiza or wherever With Phillips. He'll still be recovering I suspect and Brighton in my mind have told him to say something along these lines
thevoiceofreason
I don't think Brighton have any intentions of integrating White into the squad... What they should do is put him straight into the starting 11,but I reckon they want to start a bidding war and unfortunately that means his career is going to suffer... because if the likes of Man City or Liverpool come in with a big offer,he is not gonna be able to walk straight into the starting 11 and all his hard work and progress under Bielsa will be wasted.... And he will not get the opportunity to play for England without regular game time... I feel for the lad because he is going to be used as a pawn in a high stakes bidding war if Brighton have their way....
Bull Thick With Drink
What im surprised with is that Arsenal havent looked for him, God knows Ben would walk onto that teamsheet (even with the year extension to sideshow Bob contract seriously???).

Sadly i think BHA and the agents are only interested in getting as much money NOW and unfortunately Ben's development is secondary.

Hard to turn down the big offer heaven forbid but he could get a career ending injury first game back in September. I just hope the lad has real advisors / friends around him to help him see the right move.

1972Glory
Quick update on position, mate of mine who appears to have good contact, ie Mrs White! just been informed that Ben returning to Brighton training on 17th August. Is it reliable, who knows.
Kingcurrie
Brighton chairman has stated that Brighton need to cut down their number of centre halves ????
The Dukes Guts
I would expect him to return to Brighton training as he is their player. BHA have a few in his position but they’ll want to see him train to determine if he is to be integrated into their side or loaned again
BB
Brighton have 6 CBs now ahead of him - Dunk, Webster, Duffy, Burn, their new signing Veltman and Clarke who was on loan at Derby last season. Ben is their 7th CB.  Whatever Potter says, I cannot see him trusting White ahead of the first 3/4. Am sure Duke is right, they will give him a couple of weeks in preseason then make their mind up. May be too late for him then to come back to LUFC. The boy needs to decide if it is money or glory he seeks.
BB
LeedsPremChamps2020
I think it’s a loan with view to Perm depending on league position (or without stipulation) but if you’re Ben and see your parent club bringing in 2 new CB’s, how does that effect your thinking? He might have been thinking his season with us showed enough to be given a shot, purchasing new signings for your position wouldn’t exactly signal they are ready to trust you.
interesting times ahead
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
The Dukes Guts
We seem to be in for a CB as well so he’ll have to decide quick smart or force BHA’s hand
Bull Thick With Drink
Ive a feeling the Ben White "signing" this transfer window will go to the wire on 5th October.
We know what he can offer, Brighton have loads of cover in that position so its no skin off their nose if BW is packing a bag lastminute.com.

andyl
Pity if he ends up in no mans land, stuck between a BHA side with too many CB’s and ourselves who have filled the position. He may end up going elsewhere, probably sat on his derrière, waiting for an injury to make his debut. It’s down to him to force the issue.
batty4
STM a Dolphin is not a fish!!
EFL IS CORRUPT