Reply with quote  #2 
Dull as d

New Signing
Reply with quote  #3 
Inter what ?
Irishpaddy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #4 
Mick mc Carthy away point is a good result on rep of Ireland vs Georgia a load of crap needed to win brought on the young lads to late 😂😂😂😂
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #5 
Roll on the end of this break and bring on the real footie!

New Signing
Reply with quote  #6 
I forgot that England had played.

Lost, not bothered, don’t care.
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #7 
 england u21 are on bt sport tues 7 ish
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #8 
*meh*

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #9 

I watched as much of England’s match as I could stomach, truly awful. 

it got me thinking, apart from Liverpool running away with things at the moment, is England reflecting the poor level of the Prem at the moment? if Man Utd isn't producing (who are hilariously inept at the moment, the scum supporting owners at work sound like Leeds fans the year we went down) then he national team doesn’t it seems (not that it’s ever produced the levels it’s been capable of over the years). 
If Southgate is going to blood as many young players as possible he should be looking outside the Prem too imo. 

Marcelo has truly spoilt us these last 18 months hasn’t he?

stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #10 
Eddie scores for England 3-0
Peterlufc

New Signing
Reply with quote  #11 
The third goal is what we are missing
Play Eddie
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #12 
eddie hatrick but i reckon one was an own goal and this one offside 
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #13 
eddie just missed a penalty 
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #14 

Bogusz scored tonight too. 

I get why everyone is crying for Eddie to start but he scored against a team tonight that wasn’t even league 2 level on the viewing and people need to take that into account. He scored a hat trick against other youngsters that aren’t that good, it can only boost his confidence which is great but he is an impact sub for us and we have to get used to that until the team clicks, Marcelo is more likely to give him game time if we are scoring without him strangely enough.

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #15 
Totally agree LPC2020!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #16 
In Bielsa we trust - back to business , Saturday
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #17 
Rumours are that he will be recalled at xmas and go to Brizzle

New Signing
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4
Rumours are that he will be recalled at xmas and go to Brizzle

Where, presumably, he'll play more.
Peterlufc

New Signing
Reply with quote  #19 
Give up on promotion hopes if we lose Eddie.
One non scoring striker is not way to get promoted
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #20 
If Eddie returns we will have another waiting to either loan or buy in January, Orta has said on numerous occasions he has a full squad of players for every position ready for the manager when required. I understand how most are on edge after last season and the trip over the line but we are within touching distance of top and haven’t hit our stride in front of goal yet so I’m not panicking yet when we’ve so few games played. Those that are around us seem to be ‘on form’ and we are keeping up when ‘off form’ so let’s not throwing Marcelo’s hard work out of the window by crying out for change that he feels wouldn’t pay off.
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #21 
Dwight Gayle in January gents.

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #22 
gayle is out injured again 
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedsPremChamps2020
If Eddie returns we will have another waiting to either loan or buy in January, Orta has said on numerous occasions he has a full squad of players for every position ready for the manager when required. I understand how most are on edge after last season and the trip over the line but we are within touching distance of top and haven’t hit our stride in front of goal yet so I’m not panicking yet when we’ve so few games played. Those that are around us seem to be ‘on form’ and we are keeping up when ‘off form’ so let’s not throwing Marcelo’s hard work out of the window by crying out for change that he feels wouldn’t pay off.

Well said, LPC2020. But he, Bielsa, is a stubborn I-want-it-my-way kinda manager who sometimes, just sometimes, is completely unable to see the obvious... but mostly he gets it right, in his own nerdy, genius way. If we choose to believe in the law of averages (or the law of big numbers, if you like) then the goals must come, sooner rather than later. At home against Birmingham, Eddie AND Bamford upfront will get it done.
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish Leeds Fan

Well said, LPC2020. But he, Bielsa, is a stubborn I-want-it-my-way kinda manager who sometimes, just sometimes, is completely unable to see the obvious... but mostly he gets it right, in his own nerdy, genius way. If we choose to believe in the law of averages (or the law of big numbers, if you like) then the goals must come, sooner rather than later. At home against Birmingham, Eddie AND Bamford upfront will get it done.

The problem with both up front is you limit our possession out wide which is his whole philosophy so it just won’t happen, unless Eddie is able to replace a player and do their role AND be that natural goal threat we know he is. We KNOW Marcelo expects 6-8 weeks to get used to his style before he even takes a player seriously, we ‘may’ see Eddie more now that time frame has passed, who knows, but if we are to trust Bielsa, we have to trust him, it’s what you buy into when you employ him.

We are close to where we need to be so we just aren’t going to change things, if we aren’t getting 1,093,087 shots per game he might change things but by sheer numbers, as you say, we will ‘probably’ start scoring and this whole debate will be forgotten about.
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #25 
Funny you should say that Twitter promoting a midfielder from Chelsea on loan from January
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.