Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

LUID
is in the building and already signed. He wants to play for LUFC and help take us up. An option to buy on promotion , MOT
Bull Thick With Drink
so JKA has 35 goals scored all mostly with his right foot (has scored 2 penalties) and looked to have serious pedigree at U19 level for France, the lad is 22 now and im wondering if MB sees Jean Kevin as a replacement striker to Bamford, a person to come on in the last 10mins like Eddie or will MB start his new signing on the right wing?

I dont see MB changing formation, he never really has tbf, so where do ye think JKA will be fitting in?
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

Peterlufc
JKA has also played wide 

so expect both him and Bamford could play together

batty4
Same sort as Paddy, can hold the ball up,not sure about his work rate though Is quite skillful as well
EFL IS CORRUPT
thebagpuss
Real signing of intent this - hopefully the missing piece of the jigsaw...
BB
Dont worry about JKA's workrate Batts. You will be pleasantly surprised!

Just admire the skill. This lad is the real deal just needs a manager that trusts him. I have spoken to a few agents who rave about him and would think he would have chosen the No. 14 shirt (Like Henry) but understand why he went for the No. 29. The guy will score goals and does not need to be set up for tap ins. 
BB
icelandic white
And the big fact is he chose Leeds despite Premier League team did
try to get him included Man u and newcastle
LUID
Yes he wants to play for LUFC and MB in particular , MOT
Peterlufc
Sounds like Premiership quality.

if he can produce anything like his potential then we have great chance of promotion.

I think Orta has had a mixed record on signings but this signing is better than we could expect.
looks like an upgrade on Eddie.

LUID
Him and Poveda must have been impressed with the ER atmosphere last night. I expect to see both involved v Wigan on Saturday.
stevethemouse
During w 1st half reckon they were onto their advisors saying wtf you got me into
tonylufcagain
Really looking forward to seeing what they can offer us.
BAC White
Happy days . Delighted and a positive alternative if required 

[y50OAtN] [DiligentAnnualDikdik-size_restricted]      
LeedsPremChamps2020
Loved his sh1thousing tweet about goal keepers having 30 seconds to take a kick, until they’re behind 😂 
Back from the dead
He does like to tweet a bit though. I think he may be told to calm it down a bit. I’m sure Pontus may have been told the same thing. Am I wrong? Or just imagining stuff.
LeedsPremChamps2020
He’s a young lad from a different culture with a large following, his brand will demand twitter/Instagram updates and interaction. He will probably stay over the line a few times but as long as he’s putting a shift in, works well in the team and doesn’t cause too much of a fuss they will leave him be I’m guessing. If it effects his output for a millisecond MB will act, of that I’ve no doubt.  
thevoiceofreason
He can shithouse all he wants with Mendy on twitter as long as he twists his arm to join him here next season.... 😎
T1og
He must be played in the right position
He has to be up front he striker a natural striker
I really don't want to see him out on the wing creating for Bamford
Just to see the ball fly wide or over the top scuffed or just not got to at all

Bamford did well on Tuesday night but that as been a long time coming (strange how he managed to get in to them positions as soon as JKA turns up ) let's hope the carries on as he tries to keep he's place

If he had been as keen over the last 2/3 months we would have been out of sight

So let's see how this goes create the chance we have been doing play JKA were he should be up front and he will get on the end of them and we will go up as champions
PapaSmurf
T1og wrote:

Bamford did well on Tuesday night but that as been a long time coming (strange how he managed to get in to them positions as soon as JKA turns up ) let's hope the carries on as he tries to keep he's place

So let's see how this goes create the chance we have been doing play JKA were he should be up front and he will get on the end of them and we will go up as champions

Ain’t going to happen. There is zero chance of Augustin playing instead of Bamford any time soon. The most Augustin can expect is a few subs appearances until he’s finished his induction.
thevoiceofreason
T1og wrote:

He'll get his chance,but he will have to be patient... If he impresses from the bench,don't be surprised to see Bielsa accomodate him by playing Bamford in the number 10 role.....
bats
My main concern is whether bielsa will give him game time, he seems to stick with his tried and trusted players alot and reluctant to change
LeedsPremChamps2020

bats wrote:
My main concern is whether bielsa will give him game time, he seems to stick with his tried and trusted players alot and reluctant to change

i think it won’t change until we hit a losing streak of two to three games. Marcelo and Kevin have both said he needs time to bed in so I don’t expect him to play more than 30 monitors in each of the next 4-5 games. It’s Ian that we could see making a difference sooner, he’s match fit AND trained in very much the Bielsa way by Pep. The fact we have two players and one is ready to go, IN A BIELSA TEAM, is pretty good planning. 

this window, I would be of the opinion we have been in the top three performers in terms of strengthening so I’m pretty happy right now, it’s just sit back and wait to see if it’s worked.
i was listening to the squareball extra ball podcast which they detailed our transfer business since the window was introduced. Think we’ve just had our best ever window because we’ve certainly never had a good one in 16/17 years!

batty4
The proof will be in the pudding, we have added a young keeper and exchanged Clarke and Nketiah for two unknowns in the championship. If we suffer from injuries then technically we have not strengthened the squad really. I know it is nit picking but it is factual
EFL IS CORRUPT
thackleywhite
My understanding of this is that Augustin is not a Bielsa wanted player.  More of a 'we must get somebody in' Orta type player.  We won't see much of him.

PapaSmurf
thackleywhite wrote:
My understanding of this is that Augustin is not a Bielsa wanted player.  More of a 'we must get somebody in' Orta type player.  We won't see much of him.

My understanding is that you are wrong and that Biesla gets to vet every targeted player. Orta has already said Augustin was the club's number two target, so very much a player in demand. But like every other incoming player who isn't match fit, he has to go through Bieslas training routine. There's no conspiracy here.
ishotamancinreno
thackleywhite wrote:
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

ishotamancinreno
your understanding is utter bollux ! Ive watched your posts for the best of 2 years!! yer a cockroach ..crawl back under the stone from where you came ! sensationalist attention seeker ! ok BB likes your topical posts. Personally my view is youre a c##nt ! and deserve the same treatment the rest of the Bradford ointment got over the years!
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Sweetbagger
I was thinking the same thing.
BB
ISAMIR - I don't particularly like Thackers posts, I just enjoy the debate. Keeps the board lively.
BB
LUID
JKA is work in progress for Bielsa.
Daniel2
How did play in the U23's
T1og
Didn't see much of the ball I would go as far as to say he only got a foot on it half a dozen times.
The service to him never come .
Had one decent shot on goal good save from there keeper
Other than that he never really got on it

Tuck a knock late into the half limped off
But come back on for what was left of the first half
Did not come out for the second half but this was pre planned and not down to the knock
stevethemouse
Daniel2 wrote:
How did play in the U23's

Imo no upgrade on Edmondson physically but didn’t get much of the ball
thevoiceofreason
I wonder how much of friday's u23 game he will get... if he plays the full game,i doubt very much he'll be involved on Saturday....

Personally i'd like to see him just play the 1st half again and then be on the bench for the Forest game....
LeedsPremChamps2020
I wonder how much of friday's u23 game he will get... if he plays the full game,i doubt very much he'll be involved on Saturday....

Personally i'd like to see him just play the 1st half again and then be on the bench for the Forest game....[/QUOTE
He is seen as a first trainer and so will only play one half (as per Corberan, who said he wanted to play more than one half of he game but the strict regime is only one half).
Danish Leeds Fan
Ian Wright, for what it’s worth:

"But just going back to Augustin and Bielsa saying he’s not up to top speed - if you’re a striker, what speed do you need to be up to, to come up for ten minutes at the end of the game?“.
lufc1
He's not the first to say that, any professional player should have 20/30mins in him 
Bull Thick With Drink
Why sign any player if they aren't fit enough to at least cover an hour on the pitch.

These guys are all pros and yes fitness can drop a few % during the course of a season, for various reasons, but fork me a player can only last 10mins??????
That's like admitting the guy is only 11% fit wtf is all that about.

If someone passes a medical and can only last 10mins in a managers opinion what kind of medicals are these lads taking / passing?

Is question 1 - How long does it take you to do a tick tock???

[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

LeedsPremChamps2020
I get we are on a bad form run and people are starting to question everything but MB isn’t going to change his method to appease the crowd, Ian is the only recruit we’ve signed in MB’s time who has almost walked into the match day squad, every other player has had to prove themselves and it won’t change because the crowd are feeling tetchy about results.
thebagpuss
LeedsPremChamps2020 wrote:
I get we are on a bad form run and people are starting to question everything but MB isn’t going to change his method to appease the crowd, Ian is the only recruit we’ve signed in MB’s time who has almost walked into the match day squad, every other player has had to prove themselves and it won’t change because the crowd are feeling tetchy about results.

This - we may not always agree with everything he does but he knows what he's doing.  Always a method in his madness and judging by his performance in the u23's the other day, you can see why MB didn't throw him in (even as sub).  Hopefully, he's going to be a vital part of the run in.  Understand what Ian Wright means, but Bielsa is the exception to the rule and our style of play is very much that all the cogs fit together and are going in the same direction...
BB
You can be fit but then your touch, awareness may make you look like an idiot unless you get lucky.

Fans clamoured for Eddie to start but when he did he was rather anonymous. Whatever anyone says, we look better with Bamford up top.

JKA looked a tad overweight to me in the U23 game he played. Not a like for like with Patrick so does not look like he will contribute to build up play. Last 15, perhaps, his pace will help break down tired defences.
BB
thebagpuss
Agree BB - would expect Bamford to start again on Saturday with JKA unleashed from the bench later on
LeedsPremChamps2020
thebagpuss wrote:
Agree BB - would expect Bamford to start again on Saturday with JKA unleashed from the bench later on

I would doubt that after this press conference, at least a week or two, maybe more...
PapaSmurf
Biesla sees Roberts and Harrison as alternatives to Bamford as the sole forward. So can’t see Augustin any time soon. Poveda is another matter.
BB
JKA will come good from March and lead us into the Prem.

Needs his 30 days with MB then will fire.
BB
bite your legs
It amazes me how anyone questions the manager on this topic, he sees him traini g every day, he knows if hes fit enough to play.
Don't people realise if hes not ready yet, there's no way he can risk him, there's a huge chance if he plays him unfit,there's a bigger risk of long term injuries.
enochs extra leg
bite your legs wrote:
It amazes me how anyone questions the manager on this topic, he sees him traini g every day, he knows if hes fit enough to play.
Don't people realise if hes not ready yet, there's no way he can risk him, there's a huge chance if he plays him unfit,there's a bigger risk of long term injuries.

And damaging his confidence if hes not fit and doesnt hit the ground running.

I would like to see him on the bench for the last 5 or 10 mins of games though
Danish Leeds Fan
Bielsa’s ‘speech’ yesterday was quite impressive. He obviously is confident in doing things his way, and can that be transformed into the players we’re probably okay. Still, a bit more rotation, e.g. earlier substitutions, would maybe be good. Shackleton’s energy could be useful in midfield. And (lowering my voice...) 10-15 minutes to JKA might actually speed up his integration: team selection including bench for Forest game will show us how far away Bielsa thinks JKA is from being fit enough.
thevoiceofreason
I reckon Bielsa will put him on the bench,but only bring him on if we are comfortably winning or if we are losing with about 10-15 mins to go.... Which is fine by me 👍
enochs extra leg
He starts for u23 s tonight v Derby along with KP and Douglas,new Italian GK starts as well