Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

LUID Show full post »
Peterlufc
Should be fit for second leg of play offs.
stevethemouse
Fat lad on the bench
Tony Currie10

Just watched the video again of JKA best bits before he joined us and the boy holds it up really well, is strong and powerful and can certainly finish.... he reminded me of JFH in how raw he is with the potential. I know they only show the best bits in a 2min YouTube video but he does look like he could be quality for us in a Bielsa team....

JKA sent a video of him training at home and he does look like he's lost weight... he could be great for us in our potential run-in.

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse
he was over weight when he came because he didnt keep himself fit do you think he has this time out
T1og
stevethemouse wrote:
he was over weight when he came because he didnt keep himself fit do you think he has this time out

He don't look over weight now looks strong MB done exactly what he wanted to do with him
He will be very soon back to what he was
He must be feeling so much better than he did
On top of that he now as MB to make him even better than the clips we seen on YouTube
Looking forward to seem the real KA and then some
batty4
Yeah I read he was somewhere near it now!
EFL IS CORRUPT
LeedsPremChamps2020

https://twitter.com/lufc/status/1248671787665305600?s=21

looks to have lost a lot of weight!

I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
andyl
I’ll have to stop calling him fat lad now.
Belgiantoo
Certainly looks a lot sharper, but getting to full football fitness will take time and prove difficult without games.
Even if first teams are allowed to play, the "reserve teams/u23 and others" probably won't.
Still he could have a role to play from the bench.
Tony Currie10

Is it me or does JKA still look big in the Twitter photos of him training yesterday or today?

Hopefully it's just the angle but I was expecting a dramatic transformation.... FFS
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
thevoiceofreason
Tony Currie10 wrote:

Is it me or does JKA still look big in the Twitter photos of him training yesterday or today?

Hopefully it's just the angle but I was expecting a dramatic transformation.... FFS

He's just big boned.... 😎
Bull Thick With Drink

Its lockdown TC10 im sure he has struggled with all these self exercise programs since this virus stuff happened.

Cut the man a bit of slack for heavens sake.

Have you put a measuring tape (or 2) around your midriff lately???

😉😉😉😉😉😉😉
[wink]

Wobble On Together 
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

stevethemouse
dont matter becasue he aint gona start a game 10 mins at the end imo 
stevethemouse
Pulled his hamstring in training
thevoiceofreason
stevethemouse wrote:
Pulled his hamstring in training

At least it happened 10 days before the restart.... 👍
Soopaleeds
Good point VoR

This at least gives him chance to eat some more biscuits and pull it again before the end of the season (his hamstring, obviously) [grin-smiley-emoticon]
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
andyl
Is this guy fated to never play a full game or have any useful contribution for us?
Bull Thick With Drink
Wouldnt be surprised if he is asked to return to Leipzig and loan agreement terminated.

BB
Cant be recalled as we paid a big loan fee for him + are paying his wages.

Shame for the lad as he once had a lot of potential but has drifted over the last couple of years.

ALA Mario Balotelli who really should have achieved far more in the game but chose to waste his talents.
BB
batty4
That is right he has an obligation to fulfil the loan
EFL IS CORRUPT
Bull Thick With Drink
Todays the guys birthday - 23
Happy Birthday JKA

enochs extra leg
Todays the guys birthday - 23
Happy Birthday JKA

Rumour is that he broke his arm cutting his birthday cake....
stevethemouse
get well soon big kev 
Soopaleeds

Rumour is that he broke his arm cutting his birthday cake....

Baseless rumours EE - not necessary.

I heard from a friend's wife who know his sister's half uncle that what actually happened was he tried to blow the candles out on the cake and his ar$e fell off. As he fell forward into the cake after the counterbalance of his ar$e had gone he lost 4 teeth into the icing. He broke his arm trying to get up again....
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
thackleywhite
     "Loanee Augustin will also be absent from Bielsa's squad in Cardiff with the United head coach revealing that the striker is undergoing "necessary" individual fitness work"  (YEP).  Has he neglected himself during lockdown?🍔

Danish Leeds Fan
Already 2.5 mill pounds out the window... definetely hope that it’s our call, if he’s staying beyond Summer.
White In Exile
Gone! 
Feel sorry for the lad never rerally got a chance to show us what he could do, but too much risk by far to keep him on.
Good luck to him, hope he stays well.
The Great Ormsby
Gone! 
Feel sorry for the lad never rerally got a chance to show us what he could do, but too much risk by far to keep him on.
Good luck to him, hope he stays well.
But being reported that we may still be obliged to buy?
BB
Depends on what the lad and MB wants. No obligation to buy if the lad does not want to come. If MB does not want him, then lawyers get involved.
BB
LUID
Depends on what contract says . Obligation triggered by promotion and by a specific date ?
andyl
What a f.ecking waste of time and money. Was the homework done properly?

Nketia’s return now looks a sure fire mistake. I just hope we have enough to see us over the line.

I know January is not the ideal time to get players in, but at least with Nketia we had a goal scorer.

Bielsa has to shoulder a little blame here. He failed to get Nketia integrated into the squad and then we put our hopes on a relative unknown in Augustin. The managers blind faith in Bamford cost us Nketia’s services so Augustin was doomed from the start even if he was fit.

Not a single front line striker on the bench is criminal as this level. 
pubrunner
andyl wrote:

Not a single front line striker on the bench is criminal as this level. 

This ^^^ says it all and I'd be very surprised, if anyone on this forum would disagree with you. 

If Bamford isn't getting the goals, what use is it, bringing on yet another player who is more goal creator than goal scorer ?

At risk of stating the obvious, for any team the primary source of goals is the striker; if the striker isn't producing the goods or is injured, the weight of expectation is then on 'secondary' sources of goals - those players who would usually support the striker then 'have' to score the goals.  But if they aren't strikers, then the goal chances to goals scored ratio is going to be poor - which has been the case all season.

In my opinion, the primary source of goals must be the striker, goals from supporting players are a 'bonus' - we shouldn't be depending on them for goals, but that's what we seem to be doing.  

What is the point, of keeping Edmondson at the club, if we aren't going to use him ?  Do Leeds have any other young strikers in the pipeline ?

Currently, it seems that the club is hoping that Bamford will gain some confidence and start cracking them in - he's leaving it very late in the season to start improving and the strategy that he 'must' improve at some point, isn't filling me with confidence.

For a team with aspirations to reach the Premier League and stay there, don't we need at least one back-up striker - or am I missing something ?
Bull Thick With Drink
Simple fact of the matter is lads Bamford wont do in the PL (if we get there), he proved last year he couldn't score enough, and again this year he hasnt delivered and you cant say leeds dont create the chances. Currently PB has 14 goals just inside the top 10 goalscorers in the championship ffs grant at uddersfield is 4th best striker and a gazillion less chances than what we created all year.
Bamford on 14 goals lies in the company of Barnsley, swansea, Birmingham stikers now just look where those teams are in the table.

Most fans blindly follow their team (myself included) but jezz surely a top class world renowned coach like Marcelo must realise the time has come to change 

So we MUST sign at least two strikers over the summer at least to have any chance in staying in the top flight or heaven forbid try to get out of the championship AGAIN

batty4
Simple fact of the matter is lads Bamford wont do in the PL (if we get there), he proved last year he couldn't score enough, and again this year he hasnt delivered and you cant say leeds dont create the chances. Currently PB has 14 goals just inside the top 10 goalscorers in the championship ffs grant at uddersfield is 4th best striker and a gazillion less chances than what we created all year.
Bamford on 14 goals lies in the company of Barnsley, swansea, Birmingham stikers now just look where those teams are in the table.

Most fans blindly follow their team (myself included) but jezz surely a top class world renowned coach like Marcelo must realise the time has come to change 

So we MUST sign at least two strikers over the summer at least to have any chance in staying in the top flight or heaven forbid try to get out of the championship AGAIN[/QUOTE]

This..........
EFL IS CORRUPT
PapaSmurf
You are  all forgetting that Biesla sees Harrison and Roberts as able to play as strikers.  After nearly two seasons at Leeds it's quite clear he wants players who can play a range of positions. Only the keepers, Cooper and Bamford are exempt. Everybody else has to be adaptable. 

Orta will no doubt bring in two strikers this summer, though one of them will be Harrison on a permanent transfer. For next year, MB will continue the same principles whether we are in the premiership or not - a slimlined squad with versatility throughout, and the fittest players in the league. 

And good on him.
Danish Leeds Fan

Excellent win, yesterday. We’re so close, but good to hear our players repeatingly rejecting to take it easy.

As for the striker issue, I cannot see Harrison as a finisher. Roberts more likely, but due to all his injuries still unproven. Bamford on one of his better days offers a lot, the Bielsa way, and if he only had Wood’s, Beckford’s or McCormack’s killer instinct, we would be fine. Apparently, these skills are rarely found together, and it seems that Bielsa’s priority is the high-pressing game with goals rather coming from all over than from no. 9. In that case, we need our wingers (Costa and Harrison) to score more. Fixable?

Our lack of aerial threat is maybe easier to fix. If we don’t manage to keep White, a strong header would be a good idea for our shopping list. Still think the Bartley/Pontus partnership was our best since the Woodgate/Ferdinand days...