Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

LUID
Rumours are that it’s worse than MB suggested after the game yesterday. If so and he’s out who will replace him ? White , Dallas , Berardi McAlmont or another ?
Tony Currie10
LUID wrote:
Rumours are that it’s worse than MB suggested after the game yesterday. If so and he’s out who will replace him ? White , Dallas , Berardi McAlmont or another ?

In a report in the YEP 2hrs ago at 5pm they're saying he should be fit?

If we have to replace him it's a toss up between Beradi at the back and White pushing into Kalvins role or Douglas or Alioski coming in at LB and Dallas stepping into Kalvins role.... 

It definitely won't be McAlmont.... can Shackleton not be used in holding midfield? He's never done a thing wrong for us and very unlucky in not getting more games....

At least we know now that we have at least 3 players who can, almost seemlessly, step in the role that Kalvin has nailed down.... 
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse
was that not why bogusz? was on the bench and was gotz? not being groomed for this roll 
Soopaleeds
Bogusz is being groomed for higher up the pitch so that would mean drop Klich back
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
LUID
I understand he was scanned after game and results were due back today . Bielsa will tell us at PC tomorrow.
Tony Currie10
Forgot about Boguscz being fit again but sure he'll go for proven experience as he keeps loyal to players he knows can fill various roles..... 

Again, tough on Gotts, McAlmont, Boguscz etc and how are they going to get a game in the Prem when they're unproven?

That's the downside to a successful team....!!
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
thevoiceofreason
Bielsa has gone on record as saying he promoted Bogusz to first team squad because he's impressed him in training recently.... but I'd still prefer him to put someone experienced in there until we clinch promotion..... then he can experiment all he likes.... 😎

If we do it with a couple of games to spare I'd love to see Bielsa give the promising youngsters a run out in the last 2 games,even if it's just from the bench..... And I'm still holding out hope that Kun comes back from his loan next season and is given a chance because I definitely see something special in him and it's a lot easier to blood young players with talent in the Prem.... 👍
BB
KP is a warrior. He will be there v Barnsley 
BB
batty4
KP or White

Big big week for us!
EFL IS CORRUPT
enochs extra leg
KP out for next 3 games according to Graeme smyth
LUID
Bielsa has now confirmed KP out with knee injury and will
miss Barnsley and Derby /Charlton games . White will take his place in team . Casilla available but Bielsa will speak to other players before deciding on whether to involve him .
PapaSmurf
I fully expect it to be White as DCM and Beradi at the back. Would probably include Davis as substitute to double up as cover with Struijk.
Soopaleeds
Just in case anybody missed it I'll reiterate my strongest possible views on the goalkeeper position:

Casilla does NOT play again, ever, period, full stop.
Meslier needs signing on a permanent - he showed enough in one game vs Arsenal what his game is about and everything about him suits us. Meslier is one of the most under discussed assets we have and is responsible for a lot of the form we've been in - the team trust him at the back.
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
LUID
I think Meslier deserves to keep the keeper jersey for the last 3 games . If Kiko is included in match day squad it will bring unnecessary media attention and increase the pressure on the team .
thevoiceofreason
I agree with both of you,it would be a bad PR move for Bielsa to put Kiko back in the squad.....but at the same time,I respect Bielsa's judgement and if he decides to put him on the bench I won't throw a hissy fit.... I just hope he doesn't for the sake of peace and quiet..... 🤣

Unfortunately mud sticks and the controversy over kiko Will never go away.... I thank him for his service and contribution this season but I think it is best for him and us if he is not involved in these last few games 👍
Danish Leeds Fan
On Meslier: he looks like the real deal, and he still can improve. His long throws could develop into a real asset for us. On Phillips, I trust Bielsa’s judgement. Of course, I do! - however, I would have hoped that would imply playing McAlmont instead of Phillips🤓 and leaving the White/Cooper partnership alone... Barnsley could be another Luton-like game, but in all honesty we should have far too much quality for them to cause us any real trouble.
andyl
Casilla should never be allowed anywhere near the team.

We don’t need the resultant negative backlash 

Oh, and he’s pants
Tony Currie10

The good news is that Kalvin should be fit for the playoffs.... 🤔🤬🙄🥊
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

PapaSmurf
I would prefer to see the back of Casilla, I don't want anybody at my club who abuses others using the language he did to Leko. 
Bull Thick With Drink
I think we have to treat kiko situation very carefully. 

From my understanding their was only hear say that he used racist language which is completely unacceptable if true, but everyone deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty, afterall isnt that a basic democratic right. 

I wasnt there so I dont know but banning someone imposing a sentence especially one where racism is involved evidence has to shown and yes if that evidence exists then an 8 game ban would be a light sentence in my eyes, but surely one has to 100% certain that the racist slurs definitely happened. But in this case I think kiko is being made an example of, but was he actually guilty?
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

batty4
This is so sad for KP not to be there if they get promoted ðŸ˜¢
EFL IS CORRUPT
Soopaleeds

From my understanding their was only hear say that he used racist language which is completely unacceptable if true, but everyone deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty, afterall isnt that a basic democratic right. 

I wasnt there so I dont know but banning someone imposing a sentence especially one where racism is involved evidence has to shown and yes if that evidence exists then an 8 game ban would be a light sentence in my eyes, but surely one has to 100% certain that the racist slurs definitely happened. But in this case I think kiko is being made an example of, but was he actually guilty?

I'm not basing my judgement on Casilla on this case at all - he's simply not good enough and I want to see Meslier keep the gloves, whether Casilla is racist or not, guilty or not.
Chack0
Hiya everybody! 
Chack is back. This my 3rd account now as other two mysteriously disappeared in what I believe to be a covert mission by the Marys to assassinate members of the once mighty cnut club.

Sad thread to return on, terrible news about KP he really is the glue that holds us together. 

I wouldn't push White in to midfield to cover him as this has failed previously and his partnership with Cooper is rock solid right now. 
I'd stick Shack there, he definitely has the tenacity and maturity to do the job.
Other option would to be to stick Klich there as I believe he has played a similar role for Poland.
I also agree that Meslier should keep the #1 shirt based on performances. 

How amazing has this season been so far, never seen such beautiful attacking football at this level.
Come on 4 points from 3 games and we are 100% up.
Tony Currie10

I'd stick Shack in as well.... he's never let us down and can nail down this position as back-up with 4 games in a row. 

Welcome back Chacko and look forward to your 4th coming in a year's time.... 
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

Chack0
Cheers TC10 (unless you are the one banishing me with the Mary powers).

You never know what MB will do, it's usually a complete surprise to everyone and usually also a genius master plan. He'll probably end up playing Dallas there lol.
PapaSmurf

If it was one person's word against the other, that would raise reasonable doubt, however there were two witnesses that stated he used that language. That's much more than heresay and probaly as conclusive as I think any of us could expect. 
LUID
Meslier deserves to keep the jersey on footballing merit for me . He’s played his part in keeping us on top .
Bull Thick With Drink
Didnt know that Papa and im not doubting your words

But if racist slurs were made and can be substantiated / proved why was kiko not charged by the police? Surly racist comments against anyone anywhere is against the law.?

Anyway for a different day, i think Meslier has done enough to hold onto his place in the first xi so i wouldn't want him dropped. He has taken his opportunity and done very well 5 clean sheets in the 8 games is a decent record and one that defenses and goalkeepers pride themselves on. 
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

andyl
Welcome back young Chacko.

Casilla spreads panic in the back four. Even if the racism thing hadn’t happened, I wouldn’t want him near the team. He cost us against Derby last season with his rash charging around.
icelandic white
Meslier for my all the time,I am even not sure if Kiko shuld by on the bench.
BB
We need to keep White in his best position. Put Shacks in as the DCM. He has the pace and tenacity to cover for KP and can pick a pass too.

Kiko was convicted on hearsay. Please let us get of his back.
BB
Soopaleeds
BB - I think a lot of us are on his back for being a cr*p keeper..... Ã°Å¸Ëœâ€°
Chack0
I thinking Barry Douglas might start left back for his set piece ability now KP is out.
To be honest I'd prefer Douglas or Pablo took set pieces any way as KP is one of our better headers of the ball.
LUID
None of us could have predicted the Struijk cameo in the CDM position . He helped stiffen up the middle .That also allowed White to return to CB alongside Cooper for last 20 plus added . Last night’s game showed how much web missed KP’s presence. 
Tony Currie10
Struijk HAS to play in Kalvin position v Derby now whatever WBA or Brentwood do.... It'd ruin his confidence now and he'd be back to square one similar to after the Cardiff game. 

Pablo HAS to come in for Roberts and we can have Alioski and Harrison on the wings even if Costa is fit. I feel Costa would be quality, if fit, coming on for the last half hour and running at the tiring opposition team especially when we CONSTANTLY break quickly from the back.... 

Ayling and White back in their normal position and Dallas or Douglas at LB.... although we know he'll choose the consistent Dallas. 

Shackleton can count himself unlucky, as I thought he should have started in place of Kalvin, but I think we HAVE to play Struijk now.... 

We don't have to mess about with the formation so much as all season we've let the oppo worry about us.... 

In Bielsa we trust.... HODDLE IN

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

Chack0
Totally agree TC, the Cooper-White partnership is essential. Struijk can cover the Phillips role adequately. He doesn't have the passing ability, but the defensive side is most important anyway.
I also wonder if Douglas could do a job there. He is a defender by trade so should be able to tackle and break up play. He also has a quality left foot and great passing range. Plus what he brings to the team in terms of attacking set pieces is second to none.
thevoiceofreason
Yep,I'd be happy with White back in defence and struijk in DM..... I just hope west Brom or Brentford draw this weekend,so Bielsa can experiment to his heart"s content 😎  Because I'd love to see poveda get a run out on the wing and Bogusz in attacking mid.....for the last 2 games 👍

They will be eager to impress and it will give them a boost in confidence for next season.... Which is only 1  and a half months away.... 😲

It's seems crazy that we could be starting a new season in the Prem in less than 8 weeks!  😂
LUID
Let’s hope we’re confirmed as champions by then and Derby have to give us a guard of honour .