Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Soopaleeds
Official now. April 3rd at least
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Soopaleeds
the key here is "at least".

I believe right now it's the end of the season and that means law suits, pain and misery all round.
It's like a bad dream you can't wake up from
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
bite your legs
Imo the only way to resolve this, is bri g the season to an end now, with the positions counting as end of season positions, not ideal i know, but three quarters of the season can't count for nothing surely.
andyl
Be nice but can’t see it happening. Too many teams with too much to lose, especially the Premiership bottom three.
bite your legs
Maybe they could set up a pools panel, much like when the weather causes postponement?
Peterlufc
More likely that they decide season null and void and no promotion ir Relegation   That would so Leeds .
LUID
Period of suspension is only likely to be extended . This does not look good for Leeds (or Liverpool , so some saving grace).
thevoiceofreason
Can't finish early and can't declare null and void,too many lawsuits.... the only way is to suspend and then continue where they left off later.... and if that means delaying the start of next season so be it.... 👍

It would be far easier to just cancel next season and just concentrate on finishing this season when we get the all clear..... Then just start a new season in August 2021.....
Peterlufc
Canceling the Euros gives some time in summer to finish the season.

let’s hope so

bite your legs
How can you suspend next season? A solution has to be found for this season, and there's no telling how long its going to last, it looks like its going to get a lot worse before it starts getting better.
Belgiantoo
 Much will depend on long it will take to get rid of this virus. It seems to have settled down in China after 2,5 months...

Read something about an interesting proposal in Germany.
No teams would get relegated from the Bundesliga division, 4 teams would join them from the second division.
Next season the Bundesliga would have then count 22 teams, from which 4 again be relegated.

Can't see this happening in England, because this would probably mean a redistribution of all premiership & tv-money.    
ishotamancinreno
Promote/Champions on ‘the balance of probability’ !!! They started it!!
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Soopaleeds
I hate all the reaction to this - it's madness.

Nobody has any logic left in them. Why are we all encouraged to wipe our hands with alcohol gel? Because it kills all the bugs.
Why don't we ALL just self isolate for 48 hours, shut everything down - everybody has to drink 2 70cl bottles of gin or equivalent before re-emerging into society.

We'd all be sanitised, happy and all-clear to get on with life.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
ishotamancinreno wrote:
Promote/Champions on ‘the balance of probability’ !!! They started it!!

Too right.

Bloody nightmare all this.
World  Champion
Tony Currie10

Just got to florida and everything virtually on lock down here with Disney and Universal closed etc.... they're urgi g us to sanitise everywhere and people are wearing masks everywhere.... something Lord Sunnyflaps should have done years ago!

My boy gutted as we only seen Leeds twice this season cause of his football. He's got tickets for Fulham and Luton and now can't go!!

We got a sports bar in the reception of our hotel and I got the barman to get both the Baardiff and Fulham games on tv of which he's got the right channels and even said he'd open the bar at 07:30 in the morning for me to watch the Cardiff game!!

FFS....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Lincswhite
Okay, so what are the options if the games are not able to be played this season? Please add other ideas. These are in no particular order.
1- Void the whole season
2- Promote the top two teams and have the teams in 3rd to 6th meet behind closed doors and take penalties to decide the 'play offs'
3- Give to all teams in the league the same number of points they have gained in the previous nine games
4- Accept the table as it is and promote the top three teams without play-offs.
andyl
After 3rd April all the players and staff should be clear at that point, so I reckon they will go initially with games behind closed doors.

However, every game behind closed doors costs teams many thousands. It could cost some teams dearly.

For me, postpone the Euro’s and finish the season later.
bite your legs
Just read an article that says the football ruling is if more than 35 games played, the positions stand. Hope so.
The Great Ormsby
bite your legs wrote:
Just read an article that says the football ruling is if more than 35 games played, the positions stand. Hope so.
Very interesting! Can you send a link, BYL?
bite your legs
I saw it on news now leeds united, but Phil Hay now saying it only applies to teams withdrawing from the league, if so another kick in the b-oll-ocks.
bite your legs
The more interesting one is a Talksport article that suggests next season's EFL will be scrapped, with teams at the top of league being promoted, with no teams being relegated, and the extra fixtures replacing the EFL games.
Soopaleeds
The article that's doing the rounds in the press is similar BYL - says the next meeting is on Thursday, proposal is the EFL cup to be scrapped, Liverpool crowned champs, the EPL goes to 22 teams with Leeds and West Brom promoted, no relegation. This would allow 2 up in every league below
This would then mean 5 down the season after of course...
T1og
Just looking at that it would seam that's the way they would go IF the season cant be finished

Fuck me I hope so
stevethemouse
more likely Leeds and Liverpool and other  winners get to be champs but all remain in their leagues 
The Great Ormsby
stevethemouse wrote:
more likely Leeds and Liverpool and other  winners get to be champs but all remain in their leagues 
Why more likely, Steve?
stevethemouse
Saves the leagues from difficult decisions
LeedsPremChamps2020
It should be fairly simple to put a three step plan in place.
Step One : A ‘last possible date’ that allows all games to played and still allow for a week break before pre-season and that’s the “Ultimate Postponements Date”
Step Two : A last possible date for behind closed doors games to complete the season before the same finish date to not impact in the following season.
Step Three : Wait until it is possible to begin games again and make a decision as suggested with teams in places shuffling as a normal complete season would instruct.
There can’t be a hard and fast rule because we don’t know when we will be playing next.
Dessip
To prevent legal issues they are better finishing this season as early as possible even if that takes us into July and build in more midweek games for the 20/21 season. Postpone the Euros to the end of next season if required..

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
Daniel2
We are forgetting the point of professional athletes and how their body will hold up as we do not know of they have permission to actually train. If they have 2 weeks off then it will talk sometime to get them going again.

Bielisa mini preseason training camp. Perfect to get some players in tip top shape.
BB
The only people that seem to want this season declared null and void are those with teams with the threat of relegation.

This season must be played out even if remaining games take place in August/September. 2/3 week break then start the next season and finish in June with no EFL Cup or EFL Trophy.

Players are unlikely to take their families to their usual Dubai or Florida break so will have to settle for Skegness or Blackpool
BB
Tony Currie10
I wanna go up by whichever means possible this season....

We don't want to risk White not staying.... think he'd definitely go to the Prem if we didn't go up.

Kalvin and Harrison are gonna have Prem teams after them. I think they'd stay to be loyal towards us if the season is null and void but you can never tell....

It'd be another season AT LEAST and their agents will be advising them to move.... they'd probably both be in the 80k pw wage bracket in the Prem and money talks.

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse
If we have to play behind closed doors bielsa will be unable to participate as having to self isolate?
The Dukes Guts
No, essential staff can attend so that’s all the technical staff, emergency personnel etc. it’ll probably amount to a few hundred people.
andyl
No surprise the lovely ( not )Karen Brady wants the season null and voided. If Wet Spam go down there will be civil war down there after all their promises.

Of all the teams in the relegation places, I’m guessing only Norwich will not suffer greatly if they go down.
stevethemouse
Of all the clubs that beat us to promotion they are the only one I don’t dislike
Danish Leeds Fan
Euro 2020 post-poned one year should enable all national leagues to finish in a proper way. Which is the only reasonable solution. MOT
Kingcurrie
Apparently there was a video conference yesterday with the top 6 in championship and all agreed to finish season.
Today a video conference of all 24 championship teams unanimously agreed to finish season fixtures.
It's looking like the target to finish all efl and premier league fixtures in June 31st.
Apparently contracts for players run out on this date.
Soopaleeds
I agree with the sentiment - this season must finish.
I also get that players' contracts tend to expire on June 30th, but maybe some waiver on extensions could allow this date to be passed.
I still can't see this season being done by end of June, even with the EURO's cancelled - it feels like we're 12 weeks from any quarantine review and by then it's mid June and too late.
I still think we should finish this season as long as it takes to get football back on again, even if that's November. There's a winter world cup coming soon so use this as a chance to realign the next 2 seasons to fit.
The Dukes Guts
I’m hoping that MB treats this period like a preseason and has the players raring to go as we always start the season so well. I’m sure the players will be up for it mentally and if they can maintain their early season fitness levels then we can win most if not all the remaining 9 games. Go up as champions and show them who’s the boss!
Tony Currie10

Fkn stuck in florida and flights cancelled.... could be here for days, weeks..... just hope insurance is paying for me on the plss.

If we finish the season JKA and Hattrick will score 20 goals between them to fire us to promotion....

ishotamancinreno
EFL committed to completion of season in full , even before starting next season!! That’s very positive for us
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Danish Leeds Fan
Very good news. Will be interesting to see how the break will affect the players. In particular, whether JKA will be fit and worth the permanent transfer that is foreseen when his loan expires.
Soopaleeds
Ah Logic and common sense DO prevail.

I have a sneaky feeling Radz may have been part of a business masterclass here (and this is just me thinking out loud...)
8 hours of intense negotiation today - output is a commitment to get the season completed (Leeds/West Brom happy) and at the same time a £50M relief fund is announced to support the EFL clubs in need.
Now what do you suppose the compromise was to get the EFL commitment that supports Leeds' ambition? Maybe a bit of financial support in return from the Premier league funds that come to Leeds and West Brom as a result....?
Just thinking out loud…..
Daniel2
Preseason training programs for all players. Did the club end up making those little 1 person living accomodations in the preseason that Bielisa wanted at Thorp Arch? If so the players move into them and we can start or training program on a one on one basis even with the current isolation rules in place...
lufc1
What happens if the Premier league decide to void this season and there is no relegation  
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Tony Currie10 wrote:

Fkn stuck in florida and flights cancelled.... could be here for days, weeks..... just hope insurance is paying for me on the plss.

If we finish the season JKA and Hattrick will score 20 goals between them to fire us to promotion....

You will do anything to get free drinks you.
Stay safe dude
World  Champion
stevethemouse
lufc1 wrote:
What happens if the Premier league decide to void this season and there is no relegation  

If there was a vote I reckon 13 to 7 in favour of calling the season void
stevethemouse
Unless FIFA say you have to finish it
ishotamancinreno
Already said as much when postponing EUROS! To allow the domestic seasons to finish!
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Soopaleeds
FA now confirm no football before the end of April.

They also confirm the end of the season has been put back "indefinitely" to allow completion of all competitions