Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Soopaleeds Show full post »
LeedsPremChamps2020
stevethemouse wrote:
Have you seen villa and Brighton view on it finish the season but no relegation

reported 6 clubs voted to finish the season with no relegation. Care to guess which 6? Yep, that’s right, all the teams below Southampton, the bottom 6.

i know this would shaft us but with all the indecision, should the FA be the one to make the ultimate decision? Aren’t they the overriding power for the country’s game?
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
PapaSmurf
I'm really starting to dislike Brighton. What would be the point of playing in neutral grounds in return for no relegation.
batty4
PapaSmurf wrote:
I'm really starting to dislike Brighton. What would be the point of playing in neutral grounds in return for no relegation.

It would be absolutely pointless shag
EFL IS CORRUPT
Macwhite
How could the EFL not give us and WBA our respective promotions should the Championship be declared unable to continue at this point?
It is inconceivable!
I know what I am about to say concerns a totally different sport, but surely the principles are the same here?
I have been involved in International Motorcycle Road and Circuit Racing for over 25 years and during competition, it is not uncommon for a race to be ‘Red Flagged’ due to an ‘Incident’ whereby a rider may be injured and require medical attention, or there may be debris on the circuit or an oil spill etc.
When this happens at the early stages of a race, say up to lap 3 of a 6 lap race for example, the race will be declared null and void and will be re started, once the incident as been dealt with.
If a race is red flagged during its latter stages, e.g., on the 4th, 5th or 6th laps, it is likely that the race will not be re started and the race leader at the end of the last completed lap will be declared the winner.
There have also been circumstances in which a Championship has been unable to be completed, due to maybe bad weather making conditions unsafe for racing , at the last race meeting of the season.
In these circumstances, the result of the Championship is taken from the standings at the end of the last completed round of the championship and the winner is declared accordingly.
There is never any suggestion that a Championship should or will be declared null and void, just because it cannot be completed in full, when a large percentage of it has indeed already been completed.
I accept that if this Corona thing had happened at the beginning of, or at the middle of the season, then calls for it to be declared null and void could be justified.
However, The Championship is 80.43% completed, having played 37 out of the 46 matches and that is ample to enable it to be declared a result.
Any other call would be totally unfair on the teams that are sitting in the promotion places.
And for the teams whining on about possible relegation, should the result be declared at current placings.....Tough T1tty!!...You should have performed better previously during the course of the season!
So either complete the season, or give us our promotion you Twots!
batty4
Problem is with the motorcycling it is in the rules and accepted but in football it is not. I am still hopeful of a good result out of all of this
EFL IS CORRUPT
Alba White
Rick Parry - the chairman of the EFL - has told MPs that he expects three clubs to be promoted from the Championship to the Premier League this season and three to be relegated from the top-flight
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
If we go up without playing again then it will be a total anti climax, like a right good sex session but then no orgasm.
All the bad times we have endured and then to be sat on your jack Jones at home say on a Wednesday morning to hear on the news that Leeds have been promoted, I think I would just feel numb, emotionless.
Obviously it would be great to get promoted but I would struggle to think of a worse way for it to happen.
I had put a stash aside to buy everyone I normally drink with at the game a quadruple jack Daniels to celebrate but it doesn't look like that will happen now.
Then we are back in prem and the start of the season is BCD, we will probably be allowed back in to Elland Road in time to see us get relegated back to the championship.
I hope they cancel next season and just finish this one when they can, I know that won't happen though.

World  Champion
Kingcurrie
Alan shearer is doing his best to influence the void of the season.

What's in it for him, can Newcastle still get relegated?

The man is a Politically correct robot.
thevoiceofreason
That guy is getting more and more like Lineker... a pompous tw@t..... 👍
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Kingcurrie wrote:
Alan shearer is doing his best to influence the void of the season.

What's in it for him, can Newcastle still get relegated?

The man is a Politically correct robot.

He is. Right knob head
World  Champion
Tony Currie10

IF we start up again there'll be no shirt swapping, celebrations after goals or spitting.....

How do you NOT celebrate a goal especially if you hit a last minute winner!?

Players WILL spit as this is a natural thing they have been doing all their lives.... whether that is right or wrong. Imagine the controversy when one of the 100s of cameras picks that up! Do they stop the game and have to find it and clear it up? If they don't that is going against their laws....

A whole minefield is about to open.... and a can of worms. You get the gist....

Can't fkn wait though!! 🤣👍⚽
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Daniel2
You know if we are not promoting teams from the championship and not demoting team from the premier league then I say that the championship clubs should get a payout of money to the tune of what the would have earned if playing in the premier league. The clubs who should have been relegated should lose that payment.
LUID
Next week will reveal a lot more . Let’s hope it is positive news for LUFC . The wider issues for the long term future of our sport are mind blowing.
BB
It really is simple. Finish this season whenever it is safe to play in front of fans = October, November or December over 6 weeks with an extra week for play off (just a one game semi at neutral grounds then a final)

Relegation and promotion for all divisions. 

New season to start after a 4 week break with all teams then playing each other once at a neutral venue.

All games to be televised with Sky/BT charging £25.00-£40.00 per game to watch (less for L1/L2). Subscribers have to pay £40 per month to get this service which includes Sky's basic channels. This effectively offsets the loss of half of the games income to these channels. 
BB
PapaSmurf
BB wrote:
It really is simple. Finish this season whenever it is safe to play in front of fans = October, November or December over 6 weeks with an extra week for play off (just a one game semi at neutral grounds then a final)

Relegation and promotion for all divisions. 

New season to start after a 4 week break with all teams then playing each other once at a neutral venue.

All games to be televised with Sky/BT charging £25.00-£40.00 per game to watch (less for L1/L2). Subscribers have to pay £40 per month to get this service which includes Sky's basic channels. This effectively offsets the loss of half of the games income to these channels. 

I don’t think we are going to see spectators at sports grounds any time this year. The threat of Covoid returning in the autumn has been predicted by lots of scientists. There’s no point pretending it’s a normal season. And clubs are haemorrhaging tv money., so finishing the leagues behind closed doors makes a lot of sense. It’s time to stop the tail , eg Brighton and Watford wagging the dog. There isn’t going to be a perfect solution. They need to get over it.
Daniel2
Brighton will have just changed the way of the games thinking with their announcement (rumoured) of 3 players infected. Call me sceptical but could the timing of this rumour/ announcement not perfect for the bottom 5 clubs ideas.

See the league in Korea has already begun and are 2 weeks in.
Soopaleeds
I thought exactly the same Daniel - it felt contrived by Brighton
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Danish Leeds Fan
From Leeds United Live:

“ Government document confirms sporting events can take place from June 1 behind closed doors.”

And YEP:
“ Today the government released new guidelines suggesting that sporting events could take place from June 1, behind closed doors, and Leeds players are still working towards a potential return to Thorp Arch for May 16, but even if squads do resume training this weekend, fixtures are not expected to take place as early as the start of next month.”
Daniel2
There is 9 games left. 3 games a week and the league is wrapped up by middle July.
andyl
2nd Division voted to finish with average points and promotion. Just playoffs to go ahead possibly.

Others leagues to follow?
BB
EFL announce only 51% of teams need to vote for end of season now with weighted PPG to be used and promotion and relegation are to be in place now! With play offs still in place.

MMM wonder what the bottom 3 in the Prem and Championship will say now?

I am sure they will now be keen to start playing!!

So only 12 clubs need to say yes to ending the season and a weighted PPG placing. Well that is the top 6 saying yes and at least another 6 that have nothing to play for or are in threat of relegation (5 clubs in this position).

BB
enochs extra leg
BB wrote:
EFL announce only 51% of teams need to vote for end of season now with weighted PPG to be used and promotion and relegation are to be in place now! With play offs still in place.

MMM wonder what the bottom 3 in the Prem and Championship will say now?

I am sure they will now be keen to start playing!!

So only 12 clubs need to say yes to ending the season and a weighted PPG placing. Well that is the top 6 saying yes and at least another 6 that have nothing to play for or are in threat of relegation (5 clubs in this position).

When is the vote?
Kingcurrie
I was trying to work this one out. I reckon like you, bottom 3 a definite no.

Top 6 yes.

7th down to 13th can still get playoffs so probs no.

14th to 21st can still get relegated so probs yes.

Derby chairman has said he will vote yes and thinks we deserve to go up. The irony.
BB
Oh it does make me laugh

Watch the bottom clubs scrambling to their lawyers now wanting season to resume!

BB
Bull Thick With Drink
Read somewhere last night that LUFC voted against using PPG, and want the season to finish running the risk of an autospot in the first place and possibly being beaten in a PO game. When you see how Northampton voted in L2 (7th) and voted for league over meant they prevented themselves a chance of having a PO spot. So i don't think we can predict exactly how each individual Club will vote.
[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

andyl
Football without a crowd isn’t right.

End the season now with average points. Promotion and relegation. Give the teams the option in the playoffs to have games. Let the money driven Premiership finish ( so we have something to watch ) and concentrate on getting things ready for next season.
enochs extra leg
Bull Thick With Drink wrote:
Read somewhere last night that LUFC voted against using PPG, and want the season to finish running the risk of an autospot in the first place and possibly being beaten in a PO game. When you see how Northampton voted in L2 (7th) and voted for league over meant they prevented themselves a chance of having a PO spot. So i don't think we can predict exactly how each individual Club will vote.

I think Bielsa would walk if we didnt vote to finish the season,he has that much integrity.
I think a load of L2 sides would have been in financial difficulty if they had to play 9 or 10 games with no revenue coming in.
Soopaleeds
It's official - on the BBC site now.

Angus Kinnear quoted as saying it would be an "embarrassment" if the top 2 leagues couldn't finish on the field.
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
haworthwhite
andyl wrote:
Football without a crowd isn’t right.

End the season now with average points. Promotion and relegation. Give the teams the option in the playoffs to have games. Let the money driven Premiership finish ( so we have something to watch ) and concentrate on getting things ready for next season.

Football without a crowd would be ok as it would give a proper result. But with the games having to be played with a kind of 'social distancing' on the pitch is not football, and anything bizarre could happen. 
End it with PPG and prepare for next season.
Tony Currie10

Need to play this season out if possible....

Next season will be postponed and many seasons ahead after a 2nd bout of the virus hits again....

Happy Bank Holiday weekend....

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Soopaleeds wrote:
It's official - on the BBC site now.

Angus Kinnear quoted as saying it would be an "embarrassment" if the top 2 leagues couldn't finish on the field.

It would be an embarrassment for England if the Prem didn't finish not so much our league though.IMO
World  Champion
andyl
Premiership will follow the Bundesliga.

Not sure about the EFL. Live games cost money a lot of clubs will never get back.

The Premiership riches mean crowd money does not play such an important role. Bournemouth is a classic example.
thevoiceofreason
andyl wrote:
Premiership will follow the Bundesliga.

Not sure about the EFL. Live games cost money a lot of clubs will never get back.

The Premiership riches mean crowd money does not play such an important role. Bournemouth is a classic example.

Money recieved by Bournemouth last season:

UK Broadcast: £34.3m
International tv:£43.1m
Central commercial: £4.9m
(Every team got these 3 payments)

Plus:
Facility fees for 10 live games: £12.2M
Merit payment for finishing 14th: £13.4m.

👍