Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Tony Currie10
Let the games begin and the travel arrangements fk up....

We are on Sky against Donny now on THURSDAY 13 August and Reading game been put back a day til the Sunday....

Fkin perfect for me as I can now go on the Sunday and see us on the Thursday....I'm sure it will mess some of you northern monkeys about though.

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
And so it begins, I just hope they leave the Burnley game alone. Say NO to 12.15 kick offs, they are sh-it.
World  Champion
Tony Currie10
Say YES to tv games....perfect for me as I never go to them and use non-televised games to get to.

That's not too selfish is it....!

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Say NO to SKY TV, cnuts. I might even begin to start to consider perhaps even thinking about cancelling my 17 year long subscription to them, but I probably definitely won't. Sky should put everybody else but Leeds on TV and leave us alone.
World  Champion
LUID
The first of many such games being switched I'm sure
Wakey
Snoddy wrote:
Say NO to SKY TV, cnuts. I might even begin to start to consider perhaps even thinking about cancelling my 17 year long subscription to them, but I probably definitely won't. Sky should put everybody else but Leeds on TV and leave us alone.

Were Not Famous Anymore anyway why they bother with us i dont fecking know.
All about what's happening on't pitch tha no's
Tony Currie10
Snoddy wrote:
I might even begin to start to consider perhaps even thinking about cancelling my 17 year long subscription to them, but I probably definitely won't

That's a brilliant paragraph Snoddy....you used to be indecisive but it looks like you're not so sure now!!

stevethemouse
Burnly game on sky 1215 ko sorry snods
BB
Being from Darn Souff, I love SKY TV!!!

Early KOs are great as I then have the rest of the afternoon and evening at my disposal to enjoy!

BB
Tony Currie10
With you BB and love them! It means I don't have to go to them and save dosh to go to others and therefore see them more....

Only game not being televised in the first 5 is Reading away and I'm going to that....

We're not famous anymore....

andyl
It's the same every smegging season. Sky,much like ourselves, are hoping this season will be the one so we get on the box early doors.

It's only a bit later on in the season they realise it's the same old same old, and we drop of the radar. Then it's just West Yorkshire police f.ecking us about as usual. 

Our first ever game in the championship was televised. Frazer Richardson curler against Derby if I remember correctly. Sky are just as big suckers for it as we are
Tony Currie10
Think Fraser scored with his left or am I getting mixed up with Danny Mills v Bolton?

Sky put us on so much because of our fan base to watch the games at their sponsors bequest to watch adverts etc, not because we've got the best team....

andyl
Tony Currie10 wrote:
Think Fraser scored with his left or am I getting mixed up with Danny Mills v Bolton? Sky put us on so much because of our fan base to watch the games at their sponsors bequest to watch adverts etc, not because we've got the best team....

Yep, left foot. I was stood behind the goal in the Kop when it went in.

We also sang" we are top of the league,say we are top of the league" We wouldn't be singing that much in the coming years!
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
stevethemouse wrote:
Burnly game on sky 1215 ko sorry snods

oh well at least it's still on the saturday, just an early start on session.
World  Champion
EL KIWIPETE
absolutely brilliant--tv for the kiwi---wood on board--any fecking chance the chatroom can be sorted for us poor overseas cnuts-[grin-smiley-emoticon]

PROUD TO BE BORN IN HOLBECK--VINTAGE 1959

Lord Snoddy Weather Man
On a totally unrelated matter that I deem not worthy of it's own thread. My next door neighbour has just gone out to take his dog for a walk and he had his leeds shirt on. We're not famous anymore.
World  Champion
stevethemouse
Didn't know they did them for dogs
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
stevethemouse wrote:
Didn't know they did them for dogs

yeh they do. They make them fire retardant in Scotland.
World  Champion
NG17_LUFC
EL KIWIPETE wrote:
absolutely brilliant--tv for the kiwi---wood on board--any fecking chance the chatroom can be sorted for us poor overseas cnuts-[grin-smiley-emoticon]

It can't be sorted for us the length of a gnats p1ss away so you've got no Jack Palance [tongue]
Daniel2
Last year Notts Forrest were on every weekend on our cable network.
Would love the club to have a system in place where Overseas fan can pay to watch every home game via Internet broadcast..
Tony Currie10
Boro away now changed from Sat 26- Sun 27 September for Sky tv....I make that 5 of the first 10 competitive games live on tv?

Right result for me as I also have Reading and MK Dons away in that run!! That's without any home games included....

If we get a 2/3 more quality players I don't think it will affect the attendance too much as we'll regularly get 30k+ crowds....

Fruity_Frain
Not regularly we won't. 
[mj0ep3]

We're all Leeds aren't we??
Wakey
 How much does Sky pay to show a single game of ours ?

Sorry if this is something i should know.
BB
Wakey

Going by memory it was something like £135k to the Home team and £50k to the away team + if the attendance was far lower than the average, the home side got some compensation.

Not sure what it will be for this season though.

Although these figures do not make it lucrative for LUFC it does help promote "Our Brand" around the world and keeps us in the general publics minds.

WE just need a successful LUFC to take advantage of this!

BB
Daniel2
BB, It does not always help promote the brand around the world as not all countries have SKY as their Cable network providers. For instance in Australia you need to add Setanta Channel (and hope that company decide to show the championship and that match is Leeds united) to your Foxtel/Optus/Telstra cable plan. A lot of other places around the world has the same issue. Leeds united needs it own coverage of the games for their international fans.

Maybe we need to get Euro Channel (they show every Aston Villa game) or Setanta as our major sponsor so that we can push our brand around the world.
Wakey
Thanks BB

I was just comparing what we actually lost to a TV game if we were around 5000 down on ticket sales.

Good info mate.
Tony Currie10
Didn't realise we are on Sky next Saturday against Udders until just now....

Right result as I can see the next 7/10 games until New Year live or live on tv....

Am seeing what Cellino means about losing money though....with a Thursday game live on tv, we got less than 20k fans.

However, with a decent and successful team on the pitch we'd be getting 30k every home game whether it's midweek on Sky or not....

stevethemouse
and the game at wednesday is on sky as well 
Kingcurrie
http://roblufc.org/2015/11/10/blatant-leeds-bashing-exposes-amateur-face-of-sky-sports-by-rob-atkinson/

I was thinking the same as this after watching the match
bite your legs
Just checked live sat the Leeds Rotherham game being shown abroad so there should be plenty of streams available.
Tony Currie10
Our record this season live on Sky is a very disappointing 3 wins, 5 draws and 3 losses....

Our win ratio is only 9.4% recurring which isn't good. Evans has been in charge for 9 of those games so something needs to change....

AJ
Boro game looks like it's being moved to 8 on Monday for Sky.

LEEDS YRA CHAP
AJ wrote:
Boro game looks like it's being moved to 8 on Monday for Sky.

fk sake means valentines commitments for you lot then. fk sky
LUID
Cellino wont be happy either [running-around-smiley-emoticon]
Wakey
 MC will do his nut.

Could of maybe pulled 27000 for the borough game.

Daniel2
Especially since reports are starting appear that Leeds United need 26 Thousand home attendance average for the season to make ends meet. Cellino is going to be in a hell rage if this is true....
Sheppey
it doesn’t have a significant negative effect on attendances. Average TV game: 23,331. Average non-TV: 23,136.

maybe its the 42 pounds a game, to watch sh1t football putting people off

our highest att this season is 27, 672 against Burnley, which surprisingly enough was shown on sky, the lowest was against Cardiff at just 19,917 you guessed it, wasnt on sky
[image] 
Daniel2
Sheppey,

42 pounds is damn high...

Football displayed is terrible yet how much do you think it would cost if we produced decent football?

stevethemouse
Are Cardiff fans still on an embargo?
Wakey
Big game borough though and on a Monday night too !

You still trying to tell me it wont effect the attendances versus a Saturday game ?
stevethemouse
Think you are correct whakey was looking to come up for it
Peter1919
Sheppey wrote:
it doesn’t have a significant negative effect on attendances. Average TV game: 23,331. Average non-TV: 23,136.

Yeah but I bet the Sky games were against bigger teams or local derbies etc where we would normally expect higher attendances if the game was not on Sky but with them being on Sky the attendances reduced back down to a similar level to matches against other teams
Daffs
Well according to Sky ( and they bang on about it..) Boro is a yorkshire derby....
icelandic white
about 30-35 suportes from Iceland and many from Norway are angry becose they was going at the game
Peterlufc
`Not surprised Ice man

It is the late change that is more unacceptable 
The games should be sorted once the fixtures are released and agreed before the start of the season and each club should have max number of league games.

It is different for Cup games.
lufc1
Football league blaming Leeds for the late announcement Leeds were told in December they would be showing this one on telly but due to Leeds challenging it through the legal system it could not be announced any earlier (according to BBC sport)   
stevethemouse
Just another stick to beat us with
stevethemouse
We say no more please they say lets talk about it na on second thoughts we are in charge and we are going to let you know later and say its your fault
Tony Currie10
Been given our 36th live game on Sky away to Bumley on Saturday April 9th at lunchtime....

I predict we'll do ok in it. Bumley will have had their good run finished by then and we can't keep having a bad run....

If we lose this game, I'm giving up on a place in the playoffs....

Tony Currie10
The Liverpool game will now also be shown live on tv....

That means starting with Newcastle, we have 5 live games on IN A ROW....!!!! Not even the so called 'big clubs' will have that.

We're not famous anymore....