Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Steve Bates

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #1 
So we managed to avoid defeat after battering West Brom 1-1 and now we face our old nemesis, the ginger bollock that is Gary Monk and his team of pig fockers.

I'm never confident when we play this team for some reason even the time when we smashed em 6-1 but with the likely charge from the Efl and probable points deduction looming I think we play them at a decent time. If we play like we did first half against the gooners but take our chances we will smash them and probably any team in this country.

Sheffield Wednesday was formed by a team of butchers (hence the blue and white stripes) who used to play their games on a Wednesday afternoon when they shut up shop apparently. They claim to be Yorkshire but they are southern, from the part of Yorkshire the rest of Yorkshire wants to cut adrift due to its connection with the south. Its not proper Yorkshire lad... They are in essence a bunch of shady pig fockers who tried to sidestep the laws of FFP and face a potential 20 point deduction for it unlike Derby who did the same thing but it's deemed perfectly legal for. Anyway dock em all... Fck em up, get in to em

So the team news, I wouldnt expect to see any change from the team who drew with West Brom despite the heroics of the young French lad in goal and Beradi. I expect kiko to slot back in with Cooper regaining the armband.

Sheffield Wednesday have some players and a good goalkeeper who always seems to frustrate us. I don't care enough about these sh1thouses to research their team. If we do our thing correctly we win 2-0 with a weather forecast to be light drizzle and about 7 degrees so you'll be alreet in yer tshirts and shorts for this one but please let's not have any full kit w4nkers over the age of 13 please in our end.

No pie chart this week as its from my phone again.

MOT.
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #2 
Good luck mate
2-0 Leeds win

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #3 
I think this game is all about stopping Gary Monk play route 1 football, which he has done on previous occasions in this particular fixture. The high press has to be as effective as ever to stop their direct style, and those balls going over the top. If we can do that, then I think that’s the key to winning this one comfortably.
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #4 
1-1
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallaceHasselbaink
I think this game is all about stopping Gary Monk play route 1 football, which he has done on previous occasions in this particular fixture. The high press has to be as effective as ever to stop their direct style, and those balls going over the top. If we can do that, then I think that’s the key to winning this one comfortably.

Route one has always ‘worked’ for Monk, when he was here is was “lump it up to Wood”.
2-1
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #6 
A narrow home win which will do me and LUFC
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #7 
Good Luck Steve!

Nice to have you back posting!!! Keep Going!!!

MOT ALAW WACCOE [cool][kiss][love][thumb]

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #8 
Fletcher out for 8 weeks ...
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #9 
Great MDT Steve

2-1 to us Paďdy and Harry to score

MOT ⚽️ WACCOE ⚽️ ALAW ⚽️

New Signing
Reply with quote  #10 
Go for it mate.

Good to get back to the real bread and butter, and good to get one over the snake as we don’t have a great record against his teams.

Funny how he got the reputation of playing football. Big bloke ( or two ) up front is his mantra.
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #11 
Pablo and Shacks available for us , Fletcher out for the Pigs[running-around-smiley-emoticon]
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUID
Pablo and Shacks available for us , Fletcher out for the Pigs[running-around-smiley-emoticon]

This has changed my score prediction to 3-0
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #13 
No Fletcher - we win 2-0

19 games left after this one, but who's counting.....

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #14 

Wendies are always tough to play against but luckily enough Fletcher is out for them when he's scoring goals for the first time in his career....hopefully Coops will be back if only for extra height. I don't fancy 5'6" Beradi outjumping 7'2" Nuhiu....

Going for a positive 4-0 win with a brace apiece for Hattrick Bamford and Che Adams....

Quality MDT SB and your best one yet....although you didn't have much to beat😂

Good luck.....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #15 
16 games left by the time we play Brentford, but I'm not counting [m1516]

Unofficial Prawn sandwich muncher
Reply with quote  #16 
Fletcher big loss for them .happy days

[y50OAtN]    
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #17 
My worry is that Wednesday know that Paddy is are only striker and they will try to nobble him, knowing we will struggle not in this game but in the future. I am sure that Bielsa has a plan for this but this is a major worry for me!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #18 
Dont think the Owls CBs would be that cynical but Hutchinson.....Now that is a different Question.

We know Spunkmeister will be going long to Nuhiu at all times and his players will fall over each time they near our half so they can launch it long into the box.

Fletcher may not be playing but Rhodes and Winnall will be up for this game as they always are v LUFC.

We need a couple of early goals to stop them time wasting/managing the game and it really would be good to get one over the Snake.  

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #19 
Fingers crossed

Hopefully Mondays performance will give the team plenty of confidence and with Fletcher missing for them 
Bull is going with a 3-1 Super Leeds victory.

Time to crank up the pressure on baggies and the rest of the top 6

MOT

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #20 
Hopefully we see Pablo for 60 then Shacks For 30. IF they’re picked that is, we know sometimes MB doesn’t on the first week.
if we can get the second ball from Nhitu (sp?) and keeps Rhodes quiet it should be a decent day.
tonylufcagain

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #21 
Tough game. They will throw everything at the 8ft striker. watch him also fall like a bag of sh*t anywhere near the box. If we can instill a lot of pace today, they will not be able to cope with us, 2-0. No pace and mentally wrong will end up 1-3. Brentford will go up this year they are a bournemouth type team. I hope that PJ (as many other ex players) doesn't go up instead of us. We need a win today, draw not acceptable, 5/6 wins on the trot, will to my mind, be sufficient to get us over the line, even with our guaranteed after Easter predictable slump in form. Another striker just to make other teams change their focus, instead of PB playing up top constantly, would help us this month. If we can't invest in one player, a needed striker, then that will not go down very well. However, i know that we have a striker in mind, as why would we send EN back to Arsenal, if we didn't have someone already in mind. 
norwichwhite

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #22 
Douglas lb, bamford in attack
PapaSmurf

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #23 
Casilla
Ayling
White
Cooper
Douglas
Phillips
Klich
Costa
Harrison
Bamford
Dallas

Subs

Meslier
Beradi
Casey
Shackleton
Stevens
Hernandez
Alioski
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #24 
That looks about as strong as we are getting at the moment. Gotts gets his debut and now not on the bench, probably a good grounding for him, make him push on. Balanced at the back using Dallas to man mark the centre until we inject a change later on is my guess.

COME ON LEEDS!!
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #25 
No link today?
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #26 
Any links?

Reply with quote  #27 
Pretty please any links

[y50OAtN]    
Halifax white

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #28 
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #29 
https://tinyurl.com/vvml5ze
BAC White

Reply with quote  #30 
Thanks belgian

[y50OAtN]    
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #31 
Ever heard the one about MAKING F***** HAY WHEN THE SUN SHINES???  [arguing]

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #32 
Hells Bells!!!
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #33 
I want to cry and/or hit someone.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #34 
Some wake up call. Bielsa doesn’t know how to tackle Prestons and Wednesdays...
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #35 
or Millwalls, Cardiffs….

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #36 
FFS

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #37 
 Meslier has to start for the next match.
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #38 
You'd think so wouldn't you...….

New Signing
Reply with quote  #39 
Ah same as same as 68% possession and 1 shot on target 1 win in 6 now ah stop drive u mad ahahah
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #40 
This was painful to watch..... what a difference to the Arsenal game. Well, we better beat QPR, would be the best way for today’s result and performance to be forgotten.
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #41 
Well that was poo wasn’t it?!
I hope we buy a fookin goal scorer next week!
daveyboy

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #42 
Wednesday better than us today, so no-one can grumble. If the lack of creativity and penetration are not addressed this window, we'll continue to be smart but toothless - and in the Championship. Managing corners would be progress too.
thevoiceofreason

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #43 
I'm trying my best not critisise Bielsa,but we needed a striker on the bench today!

I'm just glad we have that free weekend at the end of the month now that we're out of the cup..... so Bielsa can get them on the training ground for some much needed shooting practice..... 😎

And corners,seeing as we have Millwall after that weekend!
tonylufcagain

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #44 
Bye bye promotion, unless we can sign my grandson, even he can score from 5 yards. Living on a first half against a near Arsenal B team, we couldn't score then. No new goalscorer, will finish 3rd again.
pubrunner

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #45 
I'm worried, very worried . . . we've been here before . . . many times.

IMO, we 'have' to get automatic promotion; I think that if it goes to the Playoffs, we'll bottle it.  Failure to gain promotion, will have some serious implications - Phillips will be on his way and we'll have no chance of retaining White.

Some might say this is negative thinking . . . I call it being realistic - 1 win in 7 does that.  After all, we've been in the position more than once before.  

ALL Leeds supporters will be really p1ssed off and disappointed with this result - understandably so.  But if we are all honest, how many of us are really surprised ?  This is what we do, totally dominate other sides, whereas they seem able to score from very few chances.  Blame Casilla all you want; even if we hadn't conceded, we'd only be one point better off.

It isn't the likes of West Brom and Arsenal that worry me, its the Cardiffs, Millwalls, Wigans  . . . and any other Yorkshire side that I fear.

There are probably stats available somewhere, but I'd bet that in the Championship, we have the worst scoring rate for opportunities created.  We've had just 1 win in 7 - that's simply unacceptable !.  That's worse than just a 'blip'.

We need at least one prolific goal scorer purchased in this transfer; failure to do so, will keep us in this league for at least another season.
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #46 
It's all about the books lads!   Gotta keep them books balanced and we'll be fine!  We have been poor in front of goal for all of last season and half of this.  Nothing has been done about it. The end result will be the same as last season. We never addressed the striker issue. Or should i say Radrizanni/Bielsa never addressed the striker issue.  I think we convert one of 15 chances created on average.  It's all too predictable.

Teams know we struggle to score and they also know eventually we'll crack at the back as the game goes on. You could see the confidence building in wednesday with every chance we wasted.  At present we do not have what it takes to get promoted...but you know that anyway.  As for Kiko!  Letting that first one in at his near post was criminal.  He is a pi-ss poor keeper..good shot stopper............sometimes.

Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #47 
Some good points Pubrunner (i could do with a run to the pub now, having some wine instead)
It's realism allright, because we've all seen it before, and this club has a knack to push the self-destruct button all too often.

Suppose the Arsenal game took a lot of energy out of the lads, and if you win or even draw that game it would have been easier past it and recover.
Having said that, we again dominated the first half against Sheffield Wed. and as always we missed some very good chances.

Have been saying it for a weeks, this teams needs help.
(Some results papered over the cracks).
And you can't turn to the youngsters to make things wright.
Not when you're trying to close out a game (f.i. Struyck vs Cardiff) or when chasing a game and having to bring on someone like Stevens (Fulham?, Arsenal, today at 0-0). 

Today should be a big, very BIG wake-up call for our directors!
If we don't get some quality in (if at all possible with some height/strength/experience) we'd better forget promotion.

1) I'm fond of Bamford but we need someone who'se got a better conversion rate.
2) Love Dallas, but he's no CMF (at all).
3) Klich, needs a rest.
4) Costa, a luxury player, in most games perhaps gets us off our bun once or twice.
  (does'nt matter if he gets 20 or 90 mins, so should get on in the last  15/20mins → So not good enough at what 15M GBP!)
5) Direct play from the opposition exposes the lack of pace from both Coops and Douglas.
6) Dealing (non-dealing) with set pieces remains such a huge problem, goalkeeper not helping.

No tranfers in thus far, but at least it sounds we're looking.
Getting in youngsters is all very well, but a 18-19 year old goalie and winger from Man City just doesn't set the pulse racing.
About time Radz uses his contacts (France, Italy), just like Watford and Wolves have done before.

Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #48 
Just read what has been said in the PR-conference.
According to Adam Pope, MB still wants a back-up striker.

Is that for real, a back-up striker? And that's it?
Nah
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #49 

From the presser:

MB recognises the angst that sets amongst the crowd when key moments to win the game go begging. Reiterated that there is a space vacated by Nketiah to be filled but says that’s not what cost the game.

MB: “Obviously we have to pay attention when we concede minutes to the opponent. The reality is the opponent get in few minutes what we cannot get in all the match.” I would say we've been unlucky in games, but in general it comes down a lack of quality.

pubrunner

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgiantoo

Today should be a big, very BIG wake-up call for our directors!
If we don't get some quality in (if at all possible with some height/strength/experience) we'd better forget promotion.

If we can get in at least one prolific striker, then (hopefully) we can crack on and get promotion.  There certainly needs to be at least option available as an alternative to Bamford.

The thought that the directors will be forced to get someone in, is about the only positive I can take from the result today.

What worries me, is that we get very close to signing someone at the very end of the transfer window and for some reason, it all falls through and we've no time to get anyone else. 

Other clubs seem able to do deals quickly . . . we don't.  Of course, we've been there before . . . hopefully, the directors will get us a great striker.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.