Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #1 
Great start, Sheppey.

A hard game in which many expected us to slip-up after the disappointments of last season and lack of new signings.

A top drawer notch by King Pablo, a good finish by Lord Pat, which will hopefully rejuvenate his career with Leeds and a lovely goal by Harrison who looked full of energy.

Forest on Saturday and an opportunity for Shep to get the start KC had last season.

[ulufc_table_2019_20-040819]

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #2 
Not many will be happy about the result and their goal reflected their performance.

The woeful ref could easily have awarded us two bricker penalties. However, Shep remains unbeaten and that's the main thing.

[ulufc_table_2019_20-100819]

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #3 
The day that Bamford was finally accepted...until the next game, that is.

A touch of the déjà vu's about this match when they had a player sent off early doors and we scored a goal. That's where the similarities end. An excellent performance all round without a weakness on the park, Harrison was particularly hungry for the ball linking up well with Douglas down the left. Kiko had one of his better games and of course, a double for the Viscount.

Well done, Sheppey. Looking forward to Wednesday and the return of love-him-or-loathe-him Pontus Jansson. 

Wigan Match Day Thread

[ulufc_table_2019_20-170819]

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #4 
Brentford were the next victims, er, opponents at ER with the return of prodigal son, Pontus Jansson, who never looked comfortable or assured and his body language told the story. Some welcomed him to ER and some jeered, that's all history now.

Although we only managed to score one goal we could have had more with chances spurned and yet another bricker of a penalty turned down by the otherwise not bad ref. A solid team performance with only Allioski, Harrison and Pablo looking under the weather, which is a positive as we rely on Pablo a little bit too much.

The new lads delivered when they came on and seem to have an understanding already.

Special mention to KP who was absolutely rock solid (if he was worth 20 big ones last season he will be worth 40 by the end of this 'un), Forshaw who ran midfield, an industrious Dallas and also Kiko who, once again, didn't drop a clanger.

Well done, Sheppey, 'Take Us Home'.

Brentford Match Day Thread

[ulufc_table_2019_20-210819]

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #5 

What was the penalty shout Lu?

Do you mean the handball appeal after a shot in the 2nd half? Couldn't tell as it was too quick and no replays. Our lads seemed to surround the ref though and Dallas got booked being too vociferous so there could have been something in it....

The new rule is if your arm is away from your body and it strikes it, it's a pen!!

Didn't think Forshaw was as good last night as he's been in the previous 3 games. ...

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Sweetbagger

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #6 
Lu I love the match day league table. I suggested last year that you could have an overall leaderboard which combines points from previous seasons too. If you have the figures from last season, add Shelley’s 10 points into that and boom. See who the real MDT champion is. Two tables, current season and all time great.
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbagger
Lu I love the match day league table. I suggested last year that you could have an overall leaderboard which combines points from previous seasons too. If you have the figures from last season, add Shelley’s 10 points into that and boom. See who the real MDT champion is. Two tables, current season and all time great.

Jeez, Sweety, it takes me long enough to do the current one :-)

Glad you like it.

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #8 
You delivered yet again, Shep son!

LUFC roll on with another sterling 0-3 performance and if Dallas's goal isn't the Goal Of The Season it will take something really special to beat it. 

General consensus is White was MoM and who could disagree. Bamford delivers the killer pass for the mad Macedonian and also finishes one for himself. Kiko keeps another clean sheet and Leeds are looking unstoppable and dare I say unbeatable.  

Some added content on the MDT table post this week.

Enjoy!

Stoke City Match Day Thread

Quote of the MDT

Tonycurriecurler says:

Quote:

"Wonderful football.

Watch the U23s last week and the goals were the same, first touch across goal, running on.....so beautiful.

Yes.

Broke them apart with simple passing. Tears in my eyes."

Link to highlights:

[ulufc_table_2019_20-240819.png]

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #9 
Firstly, apologies for the missing Swansea report. Back on track now.

After an excellent start Sheppey (and Leeds) were undone by a late and undeserved win for Swansea which meant stevethemouse took over the reigns of the MDT.

Barnsley were no pushovers and without a player in their starting 11 over the age of 24 some may have thought we'd be strolling it, no such thing and their position in the league belies their ability.

Wilks looked lively from the off and out to prove a point he threatened the Leeds goal and tested Casilla on more than one occasion, ex-Leeds Finnish prospect Aapo Halme also looked dangerous at set pieces and twice went close with headers.

Bamford had a couple of chances for Leeds and was unlucky when his goal was chalked off when Allioski took more touches than necessary before releasing Costa who was off. Harrison also had a guilt-edged chance which he failed to convert and possibly signalled the end of the game for him.

A pin-point free-kick from KP saw Eddie notch yet again, to the relief of our travelling marvels in the stand(s) and a cheeky pen by the Polish king of fookery saw a scoreline which was fully deserved.

For Leeds, Casilla possibly had his best game to claim yet another clean sheet, Dallas was up and down the park like an express train and Shacks was well worthy of his place in the team.

Back to full-strength on Saturday and a plethora of headaches for MB, not only has he built a team who could go all the way, he's built an infrastructure behind it which must be the envy of many Premier clubs. For example, the u23's absolutely smashed Watford last night and would match many teams in the Championship.  

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-150919.png]

Quote of the MDT

norwichwhite says:

Quote:
"Would have kept bamford on"

Link to highlights:

Link to MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/unofficial-unofficial-mdt-vs-barnsley-10271379?pid=1309546379

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #10 
If we were disappointed with the other lost points this season then this one takes the biscuit. A blind man could see what was going to happen!

Not going to ponder on the bad points and won't mention Klich's stupid penalty but once again breathtaking at times, had Derby defence in tatters and we walk away with a single point. Oh, well...the wee moose is still unbeaten.

Hard game away to Charlton will hopefully see us back on top. I mean, c'mon Forest league leaders? Balls to that!

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-210919.png]

Quote of the MDT

Sweetbagger says:

Quote:
"B"

Link to highlights:

Link to MDT

Derby Cnuty Match Day Thread

lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #11 
OI LU COME BACK just can't get the staff when Halloweens on the way, he'll be polishing his cauldron and sanding his broom stick

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #12 
Soz Lubes, updated without the bells and whistles as previous.

Good luck Batty Boy, get us back on track against the Brummies and stop the list below getting any longer.

MOT
[ulufc_table_2019_20-051019.png]

batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #13 
Hopefully I will take you to the promised land mon shags

Reply with quote  #14 
Usual story, we pummelled them into submission and still only managed to win 1-0, with an excellent finish from Yorkshire's own Pirlo. Allioski had five efforts at goal, not sure if any were on target though. (see highlights below).

Being a Leeds fan is becoming more and more stressful, the last twenty mins was literally unbearable. Had West Brom not got a late goal we would've been sat top but second will do for now, I suppose.

Well done, Batty Boy. Preston North End next, won't be easy but we always do well against them. Will Eddie start? Doubt it, not after telling the press he should be. MB doesn't like that stuff.

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-210919.png]

Quote of the MDT

Danish Leeds Fan says:

Quote:
"I was just wondering when we scored a goal, couldn’t remember it... and couldn’t see where a goal should come from. And then, finally a relief!!!"

Link to highlights:

Link Bummies MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/birmingham-mdt-10297530?pid=1309776389

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #15 
After the 1-1 draw against promo contenders PNE batty4 once again took the reins for our visit to another team on our tails, Gary Monks' Sheffield Wednesday.

It was never going to be easy and some will look upon it as a point gained rather than a point lost. We created round about the same amount of chances as the Owls. It has to be said Kiko had one of his best games for us keeping us in it, Ben White was excellent too, KP would've been up there had it not been for his poor delivery from free-kicks and corners. Allioski was woeful, Klich and Harrison offered nothing and Dallas was pegged back by the the marauding Harris. Bamford went off injured at HT, hurt himself landing heavily after his triple salco and we struggled second half without him. Eddie hit the byline a couple of times and created chances for others but never got a sniff of goal.

Overall 1-1 is acceptable and more importantly batty4 moves into second place in the table after an amazing MDT.

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-260919.png]

Quote of the MDT

thevoiceofreason says:

Quote:
"Kiko saved our skins today it has to be said!"

Link to highlights:

Link to Wendies MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/owls-mdt-10308263?pid=1309880544

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #16 
For the first time this season (I think) the opposition had more possession than us but with six shots on target to their one we were worthy 2-0 winners.

Harrison added to his assists and also scored a cracker after a powerful run. Lord Pat was unlucky to be offside for his disallowed goal, the lad's just not getting a break. I thought Ayling was very influential and looked back to his best, Leif looked the business when he came on and White is beginning to drive from the back a la Jansson and looking very confident.

Well done on an ace MDT and result, Nora. You've got the Shepster in your sights.  

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-021119.png]

Quote of the MDT

LPC2020 says:

Quote:
"This is great football. So happy to see us go three at the back, we’ve now tried it and seen how it works and with the same personnel so other teams will be less likely to ‘know’ us before kickoff."

Link to highlights:

Link to QPR MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/qpr-mdt-10311659?pid=1309900049

lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #17 
by heck batty lad, tha's like a Yorkshire man possessed on this malarkey, even if thy is a cider supping Wurzel, well done Shag keep it goin

LMS WINNER 2015/16
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubyvader
by heck batty lad, tha's like a Yorkshire man possessed on this malarkey, even if thy is a cider supping Wurzel, well done Shag keep it goin

"There's still more cider in the jar" 

Reply with quote  #19 
Another three points for Leeds but more importantly another three for the Batty Boy, taking him a win away from going top of the MDT league table.

A confident penalty from Lord Pat for a soft penalty award made it 1-0 to Leeds and a sublime piece of ball control from the same honourable gentleman and lay-off to in-form Harrison made it 2-0 before they got a headed goal from a corner.

Every time we concede a corner these days I fear we could lose a goal. Another butt-clenching end to the game followed, as per usual these days, but we held on.

Another fricking international break sees us twiddling our thumbs again. Luton next up and I bet TC10 can hardly control the excitement or his bladder. 

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-091119.png]

Quote of the MDT

Peterlufc says:

Quote:
"Probably be the same team.

Can not see Pablo starting.

Another home win 2 0 Hopefully with Bamford scoring."

Link to (extended) highlights:

Link to Blackburn MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/blackburn-mdt-10349660?pid=1310057104

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #20 

Yes Lu, another boring international week where we play the mighty Montenegro and Greek island of Kos....

Just picked up mate's season tickets for Luton game in the bloody home end....better than nothing! The boy has a big game in Coventry that morning which has scuppered my plans of a meal and drinks with Luton mates beforehand and be a rush...Windolene and Pernod in a Lucozade bottle will have to suffice.

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #21 
Come on Batty Boy!!!!!!

Reply with quote  #22 
Well Battystuta, you've done it lad! What a brilliant effort.

Another game dominated with over 70% possession, 16 shots with 9 on target against 9 with 2 on target (IIRC). They were saved from getting a hammering by some excellent goalkeeping.

A flawless performance by Ben White with an exquisite pass that turned the defender inside out and a great finish by the noble one. Lord Pat is still claiming our second but he's a striker, who wouldn't.

A word about Dizzy Broon, he gave KP a good run for his money and had a point to prove looking dangerous on the break and finding acres of space. The commentators were fricking radio rental, worse than even the Millwall and Blackburn stooges.

Let's also appreciate one thing, writing six MDT's on the bounce is no mean feat, particularly when they are of such a high standard. Once again, thanks BattyBoy.

Reading up next and a chance to open up more of a gap, for Batty and for Leeds. MOT

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-231119.png]

Quote of the MDT

Sweetbagger says:

Quote:
"All in all it was no more than we deserved, although the Luton commentators will tell you otherwise. 3 point gap to third place now, keep playing like this and we are going up. ."

Link to Hatters MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/hatters-mdt-10358597?pid=1310103775

lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #23 
our battys goin batty at the top, keep it up lad

LMS WINNER 2015/16
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #24 
There's no holding this lad back! MOT

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-261119.png]

Quote of the MDT

T1og says:

Quote:
"1-2 and another hard fort away win."

Link to Reading MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/reading-mdt-10365259?pid=1310173711

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #25 
Come on Batty Boy!!!!!!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #26 
Long may your reign continue Batty

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #27 
We were superb, they were crap. Well done, Batty. MOT

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-301119.png]

Quote of the MDT

Bull Thick With Drink says:

Quote:
"Going for 5 wins on the bounce and again like Luton & Reading i see us taking all 3 points."

Link to Boro MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/boro-mdt-10367245?pid=1310202671

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #28 
Come on Batty Boy!!!!!!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #29 
well I never, your the man Bats

LMS WINNER 2015/16
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #30 
Always going to be a slog against a big, physical side who were reeling and sore after getting their asses felt last week. At times we were on the back foot and could have easily gone behind in the first half.

Klich unlucky not to carry on from where he left off against Boro last week hitting the post with a low drive. A good goal chalked off for a poor offside decision and some good saves from their stopper kept us out. At the other end Kiko pulled off two sensational saves but couldn't help himself with a couple of old, Casilla-style brain farts. We missed KP, hell sure we did and White had a jittery performance filling the roll but it was no mean task.

Alioski was MoM in my opinion topping it off with a wonder goal and playing Harrison in with a superbly-weighted and timely pass. Hernandez, Costa and Dallas had average games, Berardi did as well as he could coping with their big lads up front and Ayling looked very good. Bamford was one of our best defenders leading the defensive line and this game more than any shows why MB prefers him to Eddie.

Batty, you are officially the man and topping the MDT League table with the biggest amount of points amassed since records began (last year!). MOT

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-071219.png]

Quote of the MDT

Icelandic white says:

Quote:
"Good luck mate. 2-0 Leeds win."

Link to Dog Bothers MDT

http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/dog-botherers-mdt-10372045?pid=1310218949

Bull Thick With Drink

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #31 
Looks like you can start engraving this years trophy Luby

Batty's On Fire

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #32 
Come on Batty Boy!!!!!!

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #33 
im handing me p45 in, seems im redundant, but im not moaning, keep it up Batty lad

LMS WINNER 2015/16
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #34 
Well done, once again Battyboy, a cracking MDT and another good win for the boys.

Everyone seemed to be worried about Bowen before the game began but the Cookstown Cafu had him in his hip-pocket. Berardi had a stormer and Ayling looked excellent apart from one daft pass in difficult conditions. Bamford was excellent leading from the front and his hundred yard sprint and shot off the post after his own clearance was absolutely breathtaking. Alioski, what can you say, there's no holding this lad back.

Hull played well and looked dangerous at times without really threatening. We have a very difficult run of games ahead leading up to the new year but if we carry on as we are, any doubt of failure will dwindle into nothingness.

MOT

[ulufc_table_2019_20-101219.png]

Quote of the MDT

LUID says:

Quote:
"That was a magnificent win - Hull to their credit came to play and the result was in the balance for a long time. Our second goal was a summary of Bielsa ball. Bring on Cardiff. A massive December in terms of the games ahead."

Link to highlights:

Link to Codheads MDT

<http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/dull-mdt-10375668?pid=1310249679

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.