Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

lubyvader Show full post »
BB
Add Kenny and Norris to that list Sniffer!
BB
Tony Montana
Went to a pub to watch it as LUTV still won't work for me. Place full of scum fans. I was the only Leeds. I asked the barman to put on the Leeds game and got a few looks. When the goal went in I leapt of the chair with a loud "get fkn in".

Scum fans chuckling at the presence of a Leeds fan and my obvious excitement. I finished my coffee just as Swansea scored their second. I didn't chuckle,I unceremoniously Guffawed. .....Twats.

Great performance from Warnock and Pearce. Sharpe was quick with the follow in.A good sign in a striker.

Only complaint I had was our throw ins. Nobody looked for the ball or gave the thrower an option. Too many times thrown down the line only to lose possession. I'm sure the Hock will sort it.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Sniffers No 8 Tags
We can only hope BB, we can only hope![t0811]
The Great Ormsby
Wildwood wrote:
warnock and austin both excellent today. the lad from chesterfield also looked very good.
sharp, doukara and ajose all worked well and showed intelligence in their build up play, but thought bianchi and murphy (in particular) were a tad disappointing - for all his running around, murphy brought very little in the build-up play (though he was involved in the goal), and regularly lost the ball when trying to do the wrong thing.

Always surprises me how views can differ so much but that's life - each to his own!

Thought Murphy was positive, creative, imaginative and assured, though hopefully will be more productive as he grows into the side. Austin was just Austin and was effective at this in second half, but he's so uncultured and clumsy that I can't see him being part of long-term success: would be even more of a liability in the Premier League. Also thought he gave the ball away far more often than Murphy and in more dangerous areas, particularly first half.

Also thought Sam was under par today.
Skygod
TGO, I agree that we all see things differently. Whilst I thought the lad from Chesterfield looked comfortable, he doesn't seem to realise where other players are situated. When he ran forward as well, he was dispossessed a couple of times before he passed the ball.

Keeping Rudy back, I thought worked better, but he doesn't look a player that will ever be PL material.

Bianchi didn't seem to get to involved, but I'll still give all the new players 4/5 games to settle down and work together more.

I thought it was good to see Sam getting further up the field and even though it was wayward, getting a strike in from a decent cross was a positive.

It wasn't great today, but it was positive stuff and I think was a very good result against a well organised and solid looking opponent.

At the end of the game, there wasn't a single player that I was thinking "He was crap and doesn't deserve to play".

(The Chang may be influencing my opinions a bit though)
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
united12
i cant stop thinking with some leeds fans on here when we lose its sack hockaday and when we win its hes getting things together...personally give him time and lets see what he can do!!
Sniffers No 8 Tags
Agree that the game passed Bianchi by somewhat today, but seen enough from him in pre-season and against Accers in midweek to believe he has the quality to be a major player for us. Sam was a little sloppy I thought, dreadful ball across our own box in the 1st half which he was lucky to get away with. Benedicic, when fully fit, will replace Austin in there eventually I'm sure.
Getting on for 25,000 in attendance, not too shabby with the cameras there.
craig
Great win against a good Boro side, we still need wingers though hope that gets sorted out before the transfer window shuts.
The Great Ormsby
Skygod wrote:
TGO, I agree that we all see things differently. Whilst I thought the lad from Chesterfield looked comfortable, he doesn't seem to realise where other players are situated. When he ran forward as well, he was dispossessed a couple of times before he passed the ball.

Keeping Rudy back, I thought worked better, but he doesn't look a player that will ever be PL material.

Bianchi didn't seem to get to involved, but I'll still give all the new players 4/5 games to settle down and work together more.

I thought it was good to see Sam getting further up the field and even though it was wayward, getting a strike in from a decent cross was a positive.

It wasn't great today, but it was positive stuff and I think was a very good result against a well organised and solid looking opponent.

At the end of the game, there wasn't a single player that I was thinking "He was crap and doesn't deserve to play".

(The Chang may be influencing my opinions a bit though)

Yeah - agree re Cooper: not the sort of risky forays you want to be making too often, particularly whilst we're bedding in. But rather an assured, elegant ball-playing CB than a panic-stricken, clumsy hoofball merchant any day! Hopefully, he'll learn to choose his moments more carefully.

Bianchi good first half but quiet second - needs to add more graft to his craft but no doubt not at full fitness yet and still settling in to his new life in Yorkshire!
Pistol White
Re- Cooper I'd rather see a CB with the self confidence and talent to  want the ball and play with it than one that just doesn't want and hoofs it forward aimlessly.  At least with the former you can coach them when to play and when not to play.
lubyvader
positive all round I'm on another planet I must be

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Kingcurrie
Boro are a very good side, they are solid at the back,they play the ball to feet and create in midfield and have pace upfront !!
This was a very significant result for Leeds today I feel.
Thackleywhite
I enjoyed today and so did my dad.  We look ok-ish at the back but i think lacking all across the middle. Cellino will get this sorted in due course.  

And just for a change my old man wasn't subjected to the usual barrage of abuse from drunken cnuts! (seems to be a first match of the season ritual for my dad).
Ridsdales Goldfish
Excellent Thackley.

I hope the whole result did nt annoy you too much. [rofl]
Rawdonwhite
Thackleywhite wrote:
I enjoyed today and so did my dad.  We look ok-ish at the back but i think lacking all across the middle. Cellino will get this sorted in due course.  

And just for a change my old man wasn't subjected to the usual barrage of abuse from drunken cnuts! (seems to be a first match of the season ritual for my dad).

Geez, that upsets me Thack. Idiots are often the noisier minority. MOT with you and your dad.
Seb_Sorsa
I was very pleasantly suprised by Ajose today, really intelligent movement and a lot of ability on the ball. Lots of positives today... far too many!
In....... I trust!
Loyallufc2
Sharp was great,always on lookout for a chance and deadly when it mattered,despite that poor missed header. Warnock was a colossus,thoroughly deserved man of match surely been a draw without him.

It took guts to throw his head at that goal shot. I'm surprised he gets stick sometimes. Our other strikers were ineffective really,and Boro were a gulf in class 1st half. They say football is about moments. Hands up all who thought it'd end 0-0? I know i did.

Massimo firing a gun for a change instead of a manager!
Sheppey
Sniffers No 8 Tags wrote:
Today's selection (including bench) surely signifies that time is now up for Hunt, and Morison too? I don't expect to see either featuring much again, and I'm hoping work is going on behind the scenes to get them moved on before the window closes. Pretty sure that's happening.

according to Nigel Clough we have been offering Hunt around this week
[image] 
Skygod
Hope he had a little bet on this......

Tomorrow when Billy bags the winner in the 88th.

Skygod
Unfortunately the U18 team didn't have such a good day and lost 2-0 to the 'Tractor Boys'.

Leeds: 1. Peacock, 2. Taylor, 3. Pearce, 4. Vann, 5. Turnball, 6. Bennett, 7. Lyman, 8. Berry, 9. Mbanje, 10. Bell, 11. Crouz. Subs: 12. Molloy, 13. Assenso, 14. Odour, 15. Downing, 16. Croft.

Leeds’ attempts to break down a solid and organised home defence often resulted in their final passes being sent too long although they did threaten more as half-time drew closer. However Town’s clean sheet remained intact going into the break.

The game was more evenly matched in the second half but Town remained composed in possession and didn’t allow Leeds too many opportunities in the final third.

Leeds’ response was to send an extra man up top and try to knock the ball over the top.

Sniffers No 8 Tags
Belated thanks to you Skygod for sticking up that wiziwig link to the game yesterday. Found I was unable to access vipbox anymore and was beginning to panic until you stepped in and saved the day. Nice one! [thumb]
Skygod
Well done Luby.

A second result for you and long may it continue. Brighton next and they're not looking too clever at the moment, so your run could well continue. (Fingers etc. crossed)

Tony Montana
Mixed feelings about tomorrow night. I was meant to go but had to cancel.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Ridsdales Goldfish
Tomorrow as in Monday?
Skygod
Silvestris 'missus' tweets .....

[image] 

LOL

[X99m7UwR_400x400] 

Tony Montana
Tuesday I meant Rids.

Defo including "Pedantic Cnut Of The Year" in the next awards.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

stevethemouse
Skygod wrote:
Silvestris 'missus' tweets .....

[image] 

LOL

[X99m7UwR_400x400] 
breaking new silvestri wets the bed shock horror