Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

ishotamancinreno
He says he knows a new number 1 is coming in so he will start of back up but wants to play If he can . That's fair enough! So no we haven't signed an old keeper on the cheap to replace Kenny!
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

Skygod
It's got to be one of the most soul destroying jobs in a squad. You're not likely to ever be 'subbed' on (Rat Catcher performance excepted) and the only real chance you'll get is if a team mate is injured or a Capital Cup outing.

With #1 goalies having 'longevity' and staying at the top into their 40's, there's not many chances that become available.

Welcome to ER Stuart Taylor, but with absolutely no disrespect, I hope we never get to see too much of you on the pitch.

Good Read on the 3rd goalie at
http://stateofthegame.co.uk/2012/08/31/the-loneliness-of-the-third-choice-keeper/
(Stuart gets a mention)
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
BB
Heard the interview and it seems a younger keeper is coming (Silvestri possibly)

Seemed a well balanced man.

Not sure why he never left Man City / Arsenal / Villa far earlier than he did to get more game time.

However, he now is an LUFC player so I wish him well and hope he enjoys his time at ER.
BB
Lilly
Soul destroying perhaps but I reckon the guy's earned about £10m minimum from a 16 year career in which he has played 72 first team games. I could live with that !

BB
£10 million for not doing too much in 16 years?

God, some footie players do not know how lucky they are!

I do agree with you Lilly, it does make you wonder if the guy should have chased glory much earlier. Still he probably has 7 years left in his career.

Anyway, guys I know with real Gooner connections rate him highly and also wonder why he did not move to a club where he would be first choice.  Many suggest he actually could have played for England (Not saying that is a badge of honour though!) if he had regular game time.

Time will tell if his 1 year contract was warranted.
BB
Daniel2
A one year contract for a player who understand his place in the squad and also ensure he maintains the highest level of professionalism. He understand his roll to try and bring the best out of his first teaser by pushing during he training session and is happy when the team wins. This is just what you want a young first choice to have training around him day in and day out. Our young Caines and Grimes will also see what it means to be a true professional goal keeper. Much better a role model then Paddy Kenny I would say. 1 year deal is a cheap and good way forward.
Seb_Sorsa
personally think the bloke who has played 500+ league games would be the better role model over one who has spent 10 years chasing the money as a back-up....but to each his own.
In....... I trust!
Daniel2
Do not think he is chasing money as he could have done that a few times and also clubs like Arsenal, and Man City with all their money still wanted a him in their squad says enough of how he is as a person and professional. I also doubt he is on much more then 5k and I say more around the 3.5k mark.
Seb_Sorsa
Arsenal and City both pay very good money even to reserves, look at Richard Wright who left Preston after a few days because he was "homesick" only to move to City the next day.  Taylor's just moved from club to club and been more than happy to sit on the bench. Taylor's started at the top and not really used that to his advantage, whilst Kenny started at Bradford PA and reached the same level....I know who I'd want the youngsters to follow, but as I say to each his own.
In....... I trust!
Rhino White
After starting his career with so much promise he was hit by injuries and loss of form so to rip into him Seb over "allegedly" chasing the money is OTT.
Also he will hardly be here for the money given MC's new approach to wages etc.
As for PK and being a role model I'd check yer history he is as far from it as anyone.
Seb_Sorsa
No your right Rhino he went to City to challenge Joe Hart and Shay Given for the number 1 shirt obviously. Same with his 12 appearances in 4 years at Villa, nothing to do with money... come on.
I think he's a decent signing but to bang on about his professionalism? At least Winston Bogarde was upfront about it! 
Kenny's made mistakes off the pitch for sure, but he's made the most of what he's got and he should be applauded for that, I'd rather teach youngsters that than to settle for the bench when the going gets tough.
In....... I trust!
Skygod
Can anyone really see PK in a supportive role to other GKs if he's not #1?

When PK was 'fully fit' last season after his injury he didn't seem to bother turning up at TA too much IIRC.

Didn't Taylor go to City in order to allow them to loan out Hart to gain experience at Birmingham whilst acting as a deputy to Given?

Anyhow, he's here now.
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Seb_Sorsa
And yet when Given got injured and Hart was out on loan at Birmingham City played Gunnar Nielseon and even got Fulop on an emergency loan instead.

Anywho he's here now, I think he's a decent signing for what he is, I just thought the bigging up of him as a pro was abit much.
In....... I trust!
Lilly
Fluck this "supportive role" business.  Isn't that why we have coaches?

I'd be more interested in how good a keeper he is and whether he can provide the necessary back-up to the number 1 keeper who is supposedly coming in. With 70-odd first team appearances the lad doesn't exactly have a lot of experience to pass on. His ar_se must be riddled with splinters. Anyway, let's see him in action if he ever gets a chance to add to his mammoth appearance count. It seems a strange move for him at this stage of his career - particularly if as someone suggested he's only getting 3.5k per week (I find that unlikely) he'd surely have been as well off joining a decent League One or "smaller" bottom half C'ship club where he could be number 1 for the first time in his career. Surely finally getting a no.1 role should have out-ranked salary for him at this stage of his career. 

Strange one.. but let's give him and any other signings a chance.
BB
I spoke with a few guys that were at Gooners when Taylor was there.

Each said he same, the boy was a real talent and no-one understands why he did not play as much as he should.

He has a Prem title winners medal, FA cup winners medal etc but all feel he should have gone to a club where he would have been the No1 instead of the No3.

Time will tell if he is right for LUFC but we have only given him a 1 year contract so any mistake is short lived.

BB