Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 13      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
slainemacroth

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #51 
Time to introduce myself to the new board, same as the old board.
[1729822-slaine]
Chose SlaineMacRoth as my name purely because 2000AD is probably the last time I saw us play quite well.  

Born in Northampton in the summer of '69, brother to board member Bosko and second cousin of John Lukic.
Earliest memory of football was watching Leeds v Chelsea circa '74 and cheering for Osgood to score to wind up my brother.  Then I was taught football rules 101, you have to pick one team and are not allowed to support whoever is facing your brothers team every week.  Decided to watch Match of the Day for first time and decided to pick the team with a player I would like to watch the most. When I saw Eddie Gray make a defender throw himself on his ass my 7 year old brain thought that he must be a ninja, sign me up.  Since then I have enjoyed the rest of the 70's, endured the 80's, loved the 90's and realised we are due our next good decade.  

Batfastard

Rape Victim
Reply with quote  #52 
Ah, so that's where the name Slaine MacRoth comes from. I honestly thought it was one of the Pogues.

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
Sheppey

Administrator
Reply with quote  #53 
Im sheppey, name comes from the isle of sheppey, which is famous for nothing.... im told me Granddad supported Leeds before he died, somebody i never knew or ever met, but my mum made sure i supported them from birth! he died shortly before i was born(my dad supported Liverpool, but he left home when i was a young  - i have always taken it upon myself to do the complete opposite to this man) - been doing 520(ish) mile rounds trips, since the age of 6/7(23 years)

First game - Leicester - Have you ever seen a better goal? Have you ever seen one better timed
Best game i have seen - Leicester - Have you ever seen a better goal? Have you ever seen one better timed
Best Moment - Leicester - Have you ever seen a better goal? Have you ever seen one better timed
last game i went to - QPR

favour players ever - Gary Mac or Strachan, or Wallace, Batty, or Speed, or
favour player now - None, seriously none

Reply with quote  #54 
Is None one of the development kids Shep? Obviously impressed you - so look forward to hearing more about him [thumb]

thebagpuss

Reply with quote  #55 
Andy- slightly older (but look younger), better looking brother of Rich. 42 and supported Leeds for as long as I can remember. Season ticket for many years, but too many kids (4 boys) means I have to be a bit more selective these days. Still not impressed with the new owners despite some great PR touches-bit will give em time...
Good to see so many regulars moving over...
Wakey

Unofficial Favourite Poster 2017
Reply with quote  #56 
Hello Lads

Popped into have a nosey looks good , see if we can build it in to the Leeds forum to be. 

New Signing
Reply with quote  #57 

Twotonethomas here.

First memory of Leeds, watching Clarkey win us the FA Cup.

First memorable disappointment, watching Montgomerie take the cup off us.

Biggest disappointment, Paris '75 (felt like the end of the world)

First game, Leeds beating Stoke 3-2 (if I remember correctly, it could have been 3-1), they had Shilton in goal. My dad wouldn't let me join in with 'Shilton is a w@nker'

I'm a left wing, liberal. bunny hugging vegan who hates the tory party.

I ride a Lambretta, wear a sky blue teddy boy jacket, love my wife, kids and grandkids, LUFC, Orlando.Northern Soul, punk, Rock and Roll, Reggae,Country and Western, British motorbikes, American cars and last but not least my country

Some of my good mates think I'm a bit confused, I can't think why!

Pet hates, the tory party, the daily mail, fox news, and the tory party. And spam on unofficial Leeds sites [smile]

LEEDS YRA CHAP

New Signing
Reply with quote  #58 
I am LEEDS YRA CHAP, Chimay Commander in Chief and general all round nice chap. But I fkin hate spammers

We fear no foe, for we are the YRA.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bielsa+spying+cartoon+image&rlz=1C1AVFC_enGB757GB758&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWjfvouPjfAhX4VBUIHfAVA9k4ChD8BQgOKAE&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=3I7vCSd08NblJM:

A history of the great Drink : http://beervana.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/trappist-ales-chimay-abbaye-de.html

CHIMAY IS SERVED :

[Chimay-Bottles-May2014]

The Chimay Master is not too keen on the new labels

Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #59 
I am one of quite a few Danish Leeds Fans. Leeds United has been one of the most important things in my world since 1975 when my Dad came back from London with two mugs for me and my brother. My brother got the Liverpool mug, and I got my Leeds mug - and with that, at the age of 8, a big part of my life decided upon. Remember watching the Barcelona games on TV, and then the final in Paris which was when I discovered that life is not fair. Still haven't recovered from that match.

Favourite player to be found among Allan Clarke, Tony Currie, Gary McAllister, Lee Chapman.
superdooperleeds

New Signing
Reply with quote  #60 
im SUPERDOOPERLEEDS from the original ulufc,my name is gary im 44yrs old married with 2 kids jessica 13 and callum 9,i live in alvaston,derby and have been supporting leeds since i was 9(unfortunately i was brought up a derby fan until i crossed to the dark side as my granddad said at the time)i also enjoy motogp as i spent many a weekend at donington park while growing up as i was born and lived in castle donington until my wife and i bought our 1st house in 1993.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #61 
Been a leeds fan since standing on a box in the kop with my grandad and uncle back  in the late 60s(48 years old).Always remember when we played Newcastle back in the early 70s and one of their fans ran in to the middle of the pitch during the game,got on his knees and prayed to the Newcastle fans then stood up and give the kop the 2 fingers,then got took clean out by two cops with a crushing sandwich,which left him flat out and carried off by a stretcher to the sound of the Leeds fans singing YOUR GOING HOME IN A YORKSHIRE AMBULANCE.Been living in Brazil on and off for the last 20 years ,but now back living in Shipley till i sort my court case out for my share of my restuarant and pizzaria in Brazil,a major battle against my c ***t of a father and his family .Wanted my money to get started then after 10 years of building up the business wanted me out with out so much of a penny.Fortunately the land and building is in half my name, the downside they wouldnt put the business in half my name,hense the courty battle thats been going on for almost  2 years.Every chance i get i go to  watch leeds play,lucky enough to have been a season ticket holder in the south stand from 81 to 94 and got to watch the downs then ups and the Great side of 92/93 with WILKO.Lived in Otley,pool in wharfdale ,hoping to move back over to Leeds in the next couple of years.Got two sons both had Leeds drilled in them from birth,my youngest is still learning to master fully the english language been born in Brazi.Married to  beautiful Brazilian(real women not lady boy) now for 8 years.Been on and off the board since 2010 where i use to sit out in Brazil having a laugh with a good set of lads on match day  in the chat room,heres to more years on the new board wish it luck.COME ON YOU WHITES.
Alba White

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #62 
Just back from hols... [cool] ... seen other site spammed & thought I'd check this 1 out ... looks good [thumb]

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #63 
Ah go on Alba - give us a life/Leeds story lad...
Auvers

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #64 
Auvers,.can not really remember a time when I wasn't a Leeds fan,I'm in my 50's now,always a fan but didn't get to see a game until my12th birthday.My dad had gone to a game with my mad Irish great uncle,this fella could start a fight in an empty house,so no surprise he got my Dad into one at Elland Road,and so I was banned from going,he did relent after a lot of pestering from me,in time for me see the great Leeds side.

Had many great times following Leeds all over the country and in Europe and have many good friends made through a shared love of LUFC.Lots of good memories but winning stuff feels like it was another lifetime,so my happiest memory would have to be the Bristol Rovers game.It could be false memory but I think the passion shown by fans that day was more fierce than anything other than we saw around the Wilko promotion.I went to that game with my lass,turned to celebrate Jermaines goal with her and she was being lifted up aloft by the lads next to her,I got engulfed in a mass hug with the lads next to me,went out that night got wasted,Leeds fans everywhere doing the same

Always enjoy hearing the views of my fellow Whites,think this is the best of the different Leeds forums,thanks to all those who make it happen and those that contribute.Hope that we soon have something new to celebrate but being realistic looks a long way off just now,so nothing else for it but to get behind Brian and the lads and be the 12th man.
The neck

New Signing
Reply with quote  #65 
Hi all I'm The neck aka Ben, born in Sydney Australia. I can recall why I started following leeds I was brought up in a generation of Liverpool and Everton fans as I was growing up in the 80's they were constantly on tv from FA Cups past. Apart from the odd highlights package here and there thats all we got over here, so I'm amazed I followed them so young and it was definitely before Kewell and Viduka played for leeds, you will probably find a lot of leeds fans here in Oz of my vintage due to their influence though.
It's fair to say I enjoyed all my more joyful times following leeds in my teens and early 20's as we made champions league semis and so on, but as we know since then its been lean pickings and my love has never wavered,although I do wish we could find a rich Arab to take us forward not the ones that don't have 2 bob to rub together.
Look forward to posting on here I find you lot informative and not over the top after all its the first leeds forum I posted on I joined the computer generation far too late, [wink]

Edit fondest memory of being a leeds fan is Viduka's 4 goals v Liverpool
Perth Pommie

New Signing
Reply with quote  #66 
Morning all, new site looks good, well done guys [smiley-score010]

My name is Richard, I am 42 and first started supporting Leeds in 1978 when I went to my first game with my eldest brother. I am from Lancashire originally, but thankfully saw sense and starting supporting the mighty whites. Moved to Wakefield in 96 when I married a Yorkshire lass [smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26]

I have been in Perth Western Australia for two years now and am loving life here, moved into a house we had built last December and have just had a swimming pool put in the back garden, so can't wait for the summer [running-around-smiley-emoticon]

The one thing I miss about being here is Leeds United, but once I found the other unofficial Leeds site I found it to be really informative with a really decent and passionate set of fellow Whites fans.

My first heroes were Tony Currie and Arthur Graham, then Mel Sterland, Strachan, McAllister, Batty, Speed and Yeboah.

I think GFC have done an ok job so far, just in desperate need of the finance to take us to the next level. I think next summer will be the time to judge them properly once we get rid of a lot of deadwood. Just hope we get some decent money to spend then and they back McDermott as I think he is the right man for the job. [cool]

Well that's a bit about me, looking forward to being here at the start of this new website. 

[smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26] 
homerjnick

New Signing
Reply with quote  #67 
Feels weird not to use our old site!!!!!
JH

New Signing
Reply with quote  #68 
Hi guys i'm JH, possibly youngest member of the board being 18. Supported Leeds since the day I was born. Get to as many games as I can been to 6 this year so far. Home and away, usually sit in N11.

Leeds Memories and Experiences -
Well by the time I was old enough to understand exactly what was going on we were in Europe, which was good timing. My first game was Liverpool home in 2001, which we lost 2-1. Since those days its been down hill as we all know, however I try to remain positive if its possible.

Most liked Leeds players -
Radebe, Smith (sorry childhood hero), Matteo, Douglas, Prutton, Derry, Beckford ect

Most disliked players -
PELTIER, Schmeichel, MATT SMITH (Worst player ever to play for us), and anyone who doesn't give 100% every time they play,

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #69 
Hi - finally got into the site! Had all sort of issues with the fact that work only support IE 8!! Now in via Firefox Mozilla - just don't tell IT!!
Leeds fan since 1965 when I watched the FA Cup Final on a black and white TV at the tender age of 4 and wanted the team in white to win. Been used to disappointment ever since!!!
Favourite Players - King Billy, Big Jack, Hot Shot, Sniffer and far too many other to mention.

Tend to lurk rather than contribute[smiley-scared004]
willow

Reply with quote  #70 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosimpo
Hi - finally got into the site! Had all sort of issues with the fact that work only support IE 8!! Now in via Firefox Mozilla - just don't tell IT!!
Leeds fan since 1965 when I watched the FA Cup Final on a black and white TV at the tender age of 4 and wanted the team in white to win. Been used to disappointment ever since!!!
Favourite Players - King Billy, Big Jack, Hot Shot, Sniffer and far too many other to mention.

Tend to lurk rather than contribute[smiley-scared004]

No reason why that can't change now [thumb]

Daffs

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #71 
Yeah, cos now " We can see you sneakin in" [ninja-smiley]

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #72 
Hi, my name is Tosh and I fu-ck sh-it up (tu)

It's been said that I was/am the saviour, most loved and most respected poster of all time on original board (These things are usually/always/only ever been said by me but I'm very important so that counts for loads and Sh-it)

I shall be the glue that holds this place together and probably the reason for 36% of the PM's the Mods receive, an ting.

I'm from Limerick, Ireland, this is the place I be fu-cking Sh-it up on the daily.

In the past number of minutes I've also become very "street".........word!

Worst Leeds supporting moment is probably yet to fu-ckin happen [frown]

Best moment, Jan 3rd, we beat sc-um and I ate some sausage rolls, the mini ones, bit-ch!

Laters, Lufc Fam.

New Signing
Reply with quote  #73 
Andy's the name ( no surprise there! ) First game at ER was 1970

Was born in Lincolnshire and have lived all over the UK. Dad was a Leeds fan and started going in the 1950's. He still goes with me on my occasional visits now down to about 5 or 6 a season due to other commitments.

Too young to really appreciate the Revie years but still went through all the angst as the wheels fell off during the late 70's.

Was a season ticket holder during the early Wilko years and my favorite time was the year we got promoted from the second division.

Went backpacking the year we won the championship so only got to know the result when we won it on BBC Worldservice at 3.00am in the morning in Auckland. ( still found a 24 hr bar to celebrate in though! )

The O'Leary days were also special but since then it's been mostly cr-ap. The Bristol Rovers game to me was a blast from the past.

I am trying to manage my expectation though as the Premiership seems a dream and a very long way away.

I hope just for my old mans benefit we make it back soon. It would be nice to make it back whilst he can still go.

The Great Ormsby

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #74 
I am a serial Lurker (anyone remember Howard Wall, Manic Esso and Fulham Fallout?) but here goes.

No family connections with Leeds at all.  Moved all over and have no real roots - now live in Chester, probably closer to the city than ever before. Just chose the team in White in the 1970 Cup Final and have stuck with it ever since, mostly through thin and thinner.  Dad didn't disown me despite being a dyed-in-the-wool Lancastrian from Bolton - and, though he took me to Burnden Park many times, never tried to indoctrinate me either.  Fair play to him.

First real memory is Alan Clarke's header against the Gooners (ha! word-filter-fascist won't accept Ars*nal!) in '72.  Cried in '75.  Bleak, barren years in the 80s; enjoyed the rejuvenations under Wilko (until Cantona was sold) and O'Leary and then the Ridsdale Rot set in.

But hopeful that better times lie around the corner. Respect Brian McD greatly - a truly decent man, who needs to be given time (and some cash would be nice). 

You get to my age and it's easier to be patient, I think.  You also appreciate the greater honesty and realism, if not the quality of football, in the lower reaches:  shared a season ticket for the -15 season and realised that I'd never enjoyed supporting the lads so much before. Bored of the over-hyped "Premiership" - though perhaps that'll change if we ever get there again!

Best memories: Alan Clarke's header;  6-1 away to the Wendies; Carl Shutt's winner in the Stuttgart "replay" at the Nou Camp; Tony Yeboah's screamer v Liverpool; Rio Ferdinand running towards us thumping the badge on his chest after heading the 3rd against Deportivo; promotion v Bristol Rovers when I'd given up all hope.

Worst memories: the injustice of losing in 1975; relegation and violence after West Brom in '82; not showing up in two play-offs v. Watford and Donny; the Ridsdale/Bates years.

Favourite players:  Clarke; Bremner; Gray; McKenzie; Currie; Graham, Wallace; Dorigo; Batty; Smith; Jesus; Snoddy; Byram.
BAC White

Unofficial Prawn sandwich muncher
Reply with quote  #75 
welcome sir. great first post. stay around [smile]

[image]   
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #76 
Yes and welcome GO - is there sarcasm in your user name as I notice that big ginger one is not in your list of favourite players ?
Pablo

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #77 
Areet like.  I'm Pablo and I'm a geordie.

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #78 
Good post TGO, welcome mate, by the way, are you a relation of Willows? [rofl]

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #79 
Good shout the Ormesby. That was my favourite season too. Shed many a tear at Tranmere that day before kick off. Then up popped the mighty Kandol, to end the perfect day.
The Great Ormsby

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #80 
I was at that game, Guisborough, in the Tranmere end (play football with a load of Trannies): Kandol's goal very nearly made my "best memories" list.  Also remember we were one-nil down at half time and they played "I Predict A Riot" over the PA - cheeky, semi-Scouse s*ds!

User name is a cross between the incomparable Brendan, the incomparable Gatsby and the incomparable Great Orme (landmark not far down the road from me in Llandudno).

As a newbie, I'm afraid your reference to Willow went right over my head, Tosh!

But thanks to all for the friendly welcome.
willow

Reply with quote  #81 
Welcome GO.

Rhino White

Who needs a neck anyway?
Reply with quote  #82 
Finally got sorted so i could post properly on here and dont need to scroll around for 3 hrs trying read or post on threads.
Onward and upward also just to remind the "happy bunch" posters who are here for "sh##s and giggles" my glass is still very much half full ,GFH have my full support and i dont give a flying one who anyone else in this League has signed!![smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26]
Daffs

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #83 
[de8vte] Glad you made it pal!!!

Who needs a neck anyway?
Reply with quote  #84 
[freaked-out-smiley-emoticon] Lay off the "Little blue tablets" Daffs!![stop]
willow

Reply with quote  #85 
Thought it was the after shave mate - where ya been?

JPGruntfuttock

New Signing
Reply with quote  #86 
Hello

A long time lurker who couldn't turn down your kind offer to register on this new site.

I used to regularly visit another rival site (not waccoe) under the id of Laurel, but the modding there became far too ott.

I must say, I like this new site.  You've done an excellent job, well done. [happy-dancing] 
Daffs

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #87 
quality name jp....welcome

Reply with quote  #88 
So you have been "Round the Horn" Mr Gruntfuttock.

Welcome to the site.

Tosh

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #89 
Yeah those mods on Sportsnetwork are total knobs [rofl] It'll be better here I'm sure. Welcome and keep posting

Reply with quote  #90 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh
Yeah those mods on Sportsnetwork are total knobs [rofl] It'll be better here I'm sure. Welcome and keep posting

Rich_LUFC

Reply with quote  #91 
welcome to all new posters - to the rest of the lurkers, let them be an inspiration to you.

Reply with quote  #92 
Welcome to the site guys. You'll never be bored on here.

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #93 
Welcome JP and Rhino.

Always good to have newcomers.

Tell us a bit about yourself as well Rhino?

JPGruntfuttock

New Signing
Reply with quote  #94 
Appreciate the welcome guys.  Thanks.

Daffs - Thanks.  It's about time I had a new name.  Always felt the old one was never relevant.  I feel being named after a dirty old man is far more like it. [im-a-pervert-smiley-emoticon]

Willow - Have I been round the horne?  How can I answer THAT and still maintain my hard earned reputation?  Oh bollocks, who am I kidding?  Several times, pal. [grin-smiley-emoticon]

EDIT:  Bugger me, a forum that doesn't have a swear filter, now there's a pleasant novelty!
Rhino White

Who needs a neck anyway?
Reply with quote  #95 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuisboroughLUFC
Welcome JP and Rhino.

Always good to have newcomers.

Tell us a bit about yourself as well Rhino?

Your still a cnut Guis![chair-to-the-head]
willow

Reply with quote  #96 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGruntfuttock

Willow - Have I been round the horne?  How can I answer THAT and still maintain my hard earned reputation?  Oh bollocks, who am I kidding?  Several times, pal.- [grin-smiley-emoticon]!

JP Gruntfuttock - aka Kenneth Williams creation on "Round the Horn" (60's/70's) - Just in case you had no idea where I was coming from[thumbup]

JPGruntfuttock

New Signing
Reply with quote  #97 
[biggrin] Thanks Willow, I'm a big fan.  Just wish they'd bring out a new series...
willow

Reply with quote  #98 
They'd have to resurrect the cnuts first mate

JPGruntfuttock

New Signing
Reply with quote  #99 
[grin-smiley-emoticon]  I'm gonna like it here...  [cheers]
LEEDS YRA CHAP

New Signing
Reply with quote  #100 
I am Leeds Yra Chap because I fear no Foe ( only windmill back hands from Daffs) .

Yorkshire born and bred with a little Caribbean flavour, I am The Chimay Club Commander chief and life long Leeds supporter.

Through thick n and thin I have followed the club, highs lows and finally got my season ticket in 92/93 season if I recall rightly and still got it to this day. Had an away season ticket for around 6 years but alas something had to give. I manage to get to around 6 to 12 away games a season on average now so not doing bad.

As a kid I loved Billy of course , Eddie and all then through the 70s it was TC & AG  and I recall as a kid being awestruck meeting John Hawley ( I know chaps) and Paul hart up near the Lakes when a local leeds fan landlord managed to get them over.

I miss singing SGT WILKO'S BARMY ARMY, and wearing my Beeny hat at finals and in Europe.

Fond memories include:

The promotions & the title of course re Wilko, Scumskulls cartoons in the square ball.  Being there at Monaco away after a crap Monarch Airlines flight ( awful service ) with the Yeboah hatrick and pissed up in Anderlecht seeing us break their all time home record under DOL with a 4 -1 away win.

Only the scum away ( 1-0 ) Beckford and promotion re Bristol game got the old adrenalin back like the good old days.

Glad to be part of this board with some special chaps on here

We fear no foe, for we are the YRA.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bielsa+spying+cartoon+image&rlz=1C1AVFC_enGB757GB758&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWjfvouPjfAhX4VBUIHfAVA9k4ChD8BQgOKAE&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=3I7vCSd08NblJM:

A history of the great Drink : http://beervana.blogspot.co.uk/2008/08/trappist-ales-chimay-abbaye-de.html

CHIMAY IS SERVED :

[Chimay-Bottles-May2014]

The Chimay Master is not too keen on the new labels

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.