Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 4 of 13      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   Next   »
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #151 
MMM....lots of posters in the 45-55 age bracket (Revie inspired) and then in the 25-30 bracket (Wilko inspired) which just shows why it is so important for us to get back in the Prem and compete with the big boys.

We lost a generation of fans in the 80's because we were basically non entities and for the last 10 years we have wallowed in mediocrity and lost another generation of fans.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #152 
Hi Folks!

Yes, finally, one of them lurkers in the background for years has finally decided to register and join this wonderful board of all things Leeds United. Started supporting Leeds after watching the 1970 FA Cup Final (glad I never supported the Chelsea lot!). So many ups and downs over the years but it has been so enjoyable, from the Arsenal Cup Final to the Sheffield United 3-2 win and the First division title, to the O'Leary kids. we have seen so many excellent players grace our ground and tv screens over the years and let us hope that we are not too far from these glory years again! Great to see one of the greats, Lucas Radebe at the game last week, always reminds me of the Spartak Moscow game, when he scored one of his only goals for Leeds, I think I jumped that high when he scored that there is still a dent in our ceiling! There are other dents next to it from Mark Viduka and Tony Yeboah versus Liverpool! I am married to a Scouser, so my victories are few and far between but when they do happen, I really do celebrate! I could go and on and on but we all have our particular favourites. anyway I should now proceed onto the main board, as I don't wish to turn this introduction into a novel! Glad to be registered and hi to you all! MOT.
willow

Reply with quote  #153 
Enjoyed that intro - a few memories.

Welcome to the board Tony [thumb]

Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #154 
Hello Mr Tonylufc,

Hope you are right about not being too far away from glory years. We are due a bit of glory.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #155 
Thanks Willow and Lord Snoddy, feel welcome already! [smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26] 
Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #156 
Great to see a decent poster named Tony.

Welcome aboard
Devons no1 Leeds fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #157 
Don't know whether it's a good thing BB being in the middle of your age ranges?  My late father has a lot to answer for, my eldest son sat next to me reading everyone's bio saying I'm the same dad only support them because you do! the youth of today!
tonylufc

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #158 
Thanks Rids, Tony's are taking over the board[happy-dancing]
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #159 
How do Tony.[32zoqas]
Devons no1 Leeds fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #160 
Welcome Tony, hopefully outdo the other Tonys
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #161 
Probably taller?
Daffs

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #162 
Welcome Tonylufc.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #163 
welcome aboard mucca..

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #164 
Thanks all, made to feel really welcome, I am welsh by the way[32zoqas] born in Anglesey. lived in Cardiff, Fife, the Highlands and now Glastonbury but wait for it.............. sold up and might be moving to Southern Ireland!!!! what you do for your missus eh! Even further away from the hallowed turf of Elland Road (might have to get a divorce) [30c3tqr]
Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #165 
The estranged thrive on this forum mate.

Worry not about location.

More about vocation.

Please say your Chinese with a taxi licence [rofl]
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #166 
Keep away from southern Ireland. You may move near Tosh?
Lilly

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #167 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridsdales Goldfish
The estranged thrive on this forum mate.

Worry not about location.

More about vocation.

Please say your Chinese with a taxi licence [rofl]

Rids lol !!!!
Kevsandhurst

New Signing
Reply with quote  #168 
So this is where everyone went.
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #169 
Welcome to the new board

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
angleboys

New Signing
Reply with quote  #170 
Hi chaps, I have just re-registered on this site but can you carry your registration over from the old site??
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #171 
Welcome AB! You can get your post count reinstated but that's all. There's no other info you need once you've registered here.

angleboys

New Signing
Reply with quote  #172 
Cheers mate.....
Barrowboy

New Signing
Reply with quote  #173 
Evening everyone, been lurking on both sites for a while, decided to sign up for some banter with the best fans in the world. MOT
BAC White

Unofficial Prawn sandwich muncher
Reply with quote  #174 
welcome Barrowboy. whats your story

[image]   
BAC White

Reply with quote  #175 
And also Tony. where you heading to in our fair isle. dont mind Guis and his comment. he's a clown ( literally )

[image]   
Eddie Yates

New Signing
Reply with quote  #176 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylufc
Thanks all, made to feel really welcome, I am welsh by the way[32zoqas] born in Anglesey. lived in Cardiff, Fife, the Highlands and now Glastonbury but wait for it.............. sold up and might be moving to Southern Ireland!!!! what you do for your missus eh! Even further away from the hallowed turf of Elland Road (might have to get a divorce) [30c3tqr]

Another bloody traitor[smiley-score001] why o why would you support an  english team, if you have to at least pick a decent one[facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #177 
Stan, are you not a little saddened that your great club does not enjoy the passionate support displayed on this site, despite being in the Prem?

New Signing
Reply with quote  #178 
We do just fine BB and having savored both sets of fans "passion" on lots of different occasions my INFORMED opinion is we are level pegging on it, your rich history and club size is a positive but losing 2 fifths of your support over the last 10 years is a negative.   
Trav

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #179 
My name's Trav
And I'm a Leeds supporter

No reason to live but I like it that way
tonylufc

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #180 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC White
And also Tony. where you heading to in our fair isle. dont mind Guis and his comment. he's a clown ( literally )
Hi BAC, could be Wexford or Tipperary at the mo.
tonylufc

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #181 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Yates
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylufc

Another bloody traitor[smiley-score001] why o why would you support an  english team, if you have to at least pick a decent one[facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Hey Stan, there is only one team you can support even though I was born in a backwater village in the middle of nowhere, the call from the Leeds United faithful even then filtered through to me here in 1970. I didn't even know there was a football team in Wales at the time! I only know of Swansea, Newport and Wrexham now, are there any more I may have missed![giggle]
Lilly

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #182 
Tony, you got the hang of this board pretty quick!! Welcome mate..good luck with the move to Ireland if it happens. Just one piece of advice : no one calls it Southern Ireland over here. It's just Ireland. You'll love either Wexford or Tipp - both beautiful counties.
tonylufc

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #183 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly
Tony, you got the hang of this board pretty quick!! Welcome mate..good luck with the move to Ireland if it happens. Just one piece of advice : no one calls it Southern Ireland over here. It's just Ireland. You'll love either Wexford or Tipp - both beautiful counties.

Many thanks Lilly, I will call it Ireland. are you in Dublin? Been reading the board for many a good year, always brings a smile to my face and the passion on here is so intense but there is always good fun and craic between us all. It also gives me somewhere to vent my spleen, when my team are playing sh.it (like Saturday)! Looking at places by New Ross and Carrick/Clonmel at the mo.
BAC White

Reply with quote  #184 
yes Tony, she lives in a suburb of Dublin called kildare [biggrin]. Dublin 25 methinks. 

[image]   
Lilly

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #185 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAC White
yes Tony, she lives in a suburb of Dublin called kildare [biggrin]. Dublin 25 methinks. 

Actually I infiltrated the capital some time back Tony, and haven't managed to escape just yet
Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #186 
Jesus Stan, you lot are riding as high as you ever have and are averaging 27k
(which is ok for a small club enjoying a season in the big time)[rofl]

When we were in our most recent pomp we selling out regularly at 40k.

Crap ground ours but built for a notorious large support if nowt else. With yours recently built they should've realised what a huge support you have shouldnt they?

Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #187 
I mean if our lot finally get their ar.ses into gear n go for a newbuild Stadium you can bet yer cellulite ridden butt it wouldn't be anywhere near even a 30k capacity.

40 minimum.

Whether they d sell it out out side the prem is debatable of course. In the prem a different story.

Btw if u were comparing our support on "passion" rather than sheer numbers best leave it to Ross McCormack to judge, who said:

"Its hard to compare really when theres thousands of Leeds fans making big new stadiums their own at away games when in the main, at Cardiff its more like hundreds away at the likes of Plymouth n Hereford. The traffic outside sometimes puts you off the game."

[rofl]
Whiteglos

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #188 
hi , names mark and i am 42 years young [smile]  
halifax born but now down in deepest darkest gloucestershire with all the onion munching forest dwellers for the last 3 years .
followed leeds since king billy was managing them and was introduced to the mighty whites by my sisters fella at the time ........and the rest in history ......a few highs ......but many years on suicide watch and a large jar of happy pills [freaked-out-smiley-emoticon][facepalm-smiley-emoticon] 

mark 
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #189 
Welcome Mark . I've supported the mighty whites since 1965 so have been lucky to see the great side under Revie, the aftermath , the rebirth under Wilko and the financial slide into oblivion including two losses in one season against your local team in Cheltenham . As the song goes we've had our " ups and downs" but we stay United and MoT . Keep posting on this board , it's good therapy .
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #190 
Now then mark.
Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #191 
Nice move mate.[thumb]

I've been to both places

Welcome

Great username too given your county of residence.
jumpersforgoalposts

New Signing
Reply with quote  #192 
I'm Chris, I have supported Leeds since before I was born - it's in the family blood. Was a little tricky though as I spent the first ten years living in Harlow in Essex surrounded by Spurs and Arsenal fans.

First game is a blur but it was a 3-1 defeat by Arsenal probably around 1974-5 - we used to travel up to Leeds for our 'holidays' and a trip to Elland Road was a regular feature.

Moved back to Leeds in 1977 so was there when we got relegated - still remember running on the pitch celebrating after we beat Brighton 2-1 (oh how stupid we were).

Was fairly regular up until 1985 when I left for Manchester and University. Got to games as and when a student could but the best was when we won the First Division and I was working alongside a load of Mancs......

Never moved back to Leeds again, have lived in Dorset, Devon, London, Kent, Northampton and now for the longest time in my life just south of Birmingham.

Dont get to many games these days due to family commitments at weekends but try to when possible. Sky sports, this forum and my iphone keep me up to date.

Was an unregular poster on the last board - thanks for the invite to this one I will try and post more

Cheers!
jumpersforgoalposts

New Signing
Reply with quote  #193 
Forgot the details:

47, married, five step kids, three cats, currently about to be redundant after twenty years in same business but just been offered a new opportunity in that London!
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #194 
Welcome back, JFGP.

Aye, once it's in your blood there's no getting away from it. I've passed it down to my unfortunate and unsuspecting lads.

willow

Reply with quote  #195 
Glad you made it Jumpers [thumb]

Enjoyed the intro - good luck if you choose to pursue the opportunity in London.

I lived there for 10 years - and absolutely loved the place (one of the greatest Cities on earth IMO) - though I was based/lived in the City  - so was probably protected from some of the elements that seem to affect others (Northerners) who often appear to loathe the place. [wink]

flatcap

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #196 
Help needed .............old probs , old man ,new site , old information , cant set a desktop button for the new site......

Ex CC El Presidente and Hung Like An Elephant.
Reply with quote  #197 
Bookmark it onto your toolbar Flatty or if your using you ipad then click the box with the arrow pointing up on the left side top and then click add to home screen.
Good to see you finally made it Joe you senile decrepit old Cnut.

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
dawleywhite

New Signing
Reply with quote  #198 
Evening Gents
Used to lurk alot on the old site with occasional posts when the spirit moved me. I have been hanging around since the Ridsdale implosion. Origenally from 'Bratfud area' and lived in Guisley for a short time. Now live in Telford in Shropshire. Followed the Mighty Whites since 74 and have been a season ticket holder for longer than I care to remember. Currently located in N8 in the Revie end.
Perth Pommie

New Signing
Reply with quote  #199 
Welcome to the board Dawleywhite [smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26]
BAC White

Reply with quote  #200 
welcome dawley[thumbup]

[image]   
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.