Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 13     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
kiwikeith

New Signing
Reply with quote  #201 
G'day, from New Zealand, fellow sufferers. I've been waiting for Flatty to sign up, so that I'm not the oldest on here. [grin-smiley-emoticon] 
My first match was as a teenager at Elland Road versus Leicester City Jan 1954 (we won 7-1) and I have supported Leeds ever since, through thick and thin and everything else.
Grew up in Leeds and Wakefield. Emigrated to NZ in 1964. Been home a few times.
Most memorable occasion - at Birmingham City during the IRA troubles (1974??) when we were top of the old first div. it was announced over the tannoy that there was a bomb in the ground, and the gates were opened to let people out. Nobody left, but thousands came in!

KB.
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #202 
Welcome to the board young man. Quite a pedigree you have there

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
BAC White

Unofficial Prawn sandwich muncher
Reply with quote  #203 
g'day to you and welcome

[image]   
Perth Pommie

New Signing
Reply with quote  #204 
Welcome Kiwikeith [smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26]
Ron the Dog

New Signing
Reply with quote  #205 
Big welcome Kiwikeith, I can come out of the closet now, you've put my 62 years to shame.
EL KIWIPETE

Simply a Cunt
Reply with quote  #206 
hello kiwi keith-welcome to the board you old c-nut--flattys younger brother---what part of nz are you in mate-[cheers]

PROUD TO BE BORN IN HOLBECK--VINTAGE 1959

GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #207 
Welcome Keith.

But one thing.

KB?[smiley-think004]

kiwikeith

New Signing
Reply with quote  #208 
G'day, Pete - Central Otago

G'day, Guis - my initials. Not Ken Bates [lol]
EL KIWIPETE

Simply a Cunt
Reply with quote  #209 
Based in auckland Keith-north shore--just took me 1 hour and 10 minutes to get home-aucklands motorways and infrastructure are 25 years out of date---got a cold beer now so everythings sweet-again-welcome to the madhouse-[cheers]

Perth Pommie

New Signing
Reply with quote  #210 
I will be cracking my first cold one in about ten minutes [cheers]

Nice when it's 32 degrees [cool2A]
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #211 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perth Pommie
I will be cracking my first cold one in about ten minutes [cheers]

Nice when it's 32 degrees [cool2A]

It's 32 here today - Fahrenheit that is. Might crack open an Oxo keep my chuckies from dropping off.

onwardsandupwards

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #212 
Just looked up Central Otago - that place looks amazing!

[Central-Otago]

[central_otago]

Perth Pommie

New Signing
Reply with quote  #213 
Wow that looks amazing [smiley-score010]
kiwikeith

New Signing
Reply with quote  #214 
OAU -Central is amazing. [smile]  Have a look at Alexandra, Central Otago, on Wikipedia.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #215 
Good morning KiwiKeith. You and Kiwipete should have a meet up, sounds like you have a lot in common.

New Signing
Reply with quote  #216 
Good morning Lord Snoddy.
Good idea, however slightly impractical, unless KP is coming down south for a holiday!
We are a long way apart, about 650 miles as the crow flies. For me to drive to Auckland it is 6 hours to Christchurch, overnight stay, 4 1/2 hours to Picton, 3 1/2 hours on the ferry to Wellington, overnight stay, then 8 hours to Auckland.
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #217 
My dads going New Zealand in January. He's staying with his sister in Auckland and going to Picton, Wellington and a few other places. Maybe he could give you a lift?
Lilly

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #218 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikeith
Good morning Lord Snoddy.
Good idea, however slightly impractical, unless KP is coming down south for a holiday!
We are a long way apart, about 650 miles as the crow flies. For me to drive to Auckland it is 6 hours to Christchurch, overnight stay, 4 1/2 hours to Picton, 3 1/2 hours on the ferry to Wellington, overnight stay, then 8 hours to Auckland.

Equivalent of my commute around Dublin's M50 in Celtic Tiger days - the Dublin lads will understand what I mean!
Welcome to the board Kiwikeith
kiwikeith

New Signing
Reply with quote  #219 
Guis - if he comes down to Central, I'll buy him a pint  [cheers]
EL KIWIPETE

Simply a Cunt
Reply with quote  #220 
im on my way keith-[cheers]

My dads going New Zealand in January. He's staying with his sister in Auckland and going to Picton, Wellington and a few other places. Maybe he could give you a lift?-----[smiley-think004]

what suburb is  tucked away in-is she married--is there owt i need to know--got any good pictures--im a bit picky guis-[grin-smiley-emoticon]

SA

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #221 
Hi. I'm SA from India. I am filmmaker by profession, Stand Up Comic by nature. Been a Leeds fan since 02/03 roughly. Been a member of Unofficial Leeds United from 05 I think. Used to be the leading poster (in terms of quantity at least [biggrin]) by a mile in the old site. Close to 20k perhaps. Not anymore! Got some great friends on this board who I hope to meet soon. The last time I tried to meet them, I almost got into trouble with the British High Commission here (they rejected my Visa - TWICE - because I was a Leeds fan! Long story!) 

Anyways, beware of getting into arguments with me as I usually outword the opponent by boring them to death [biggrin]
Lilly

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #222 
Bonny post SA - we miss your insights into lower league potential transfer targets - anyone we should be buying in January?
SA

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #223 
Like the look one of Mr Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth. 19 yrs old - speedy, direct, two footed and quite the livewire.
Perth Pommie

New Signing
Reply with quote  #224 
Welcome back SA [cheers]
SA

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #225 
Cheers Pommie!
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #226 
Yes good to have you back as poster SA ; what you think of Callum Wilson at Coventry ?
SA

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #227 
Dunno much about him mate. Any good?
lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #228 
You've served your full sentence then SA well don't be leaving again unnecessarily,we need the insight and essays after all we need to know whats happening with these cnuts, hey up Kiwi Keith we need mnore og the old guard like yourself and Flatty on here,you guys really did go with the ups n downs big respect to you there. 

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Foxy41

New Signing
Reply with quote  #229 
Hi guys I have posted on the sniffer thread so thought a better intro might be called for.

Started supporting LUFC in 67/68 as a nipper largely due to King Billy - I just loved everything about him and Leeds. Coming from Wiltshire I did not get to ER until I was older, my first match was watching the league cup semi final with Sothampton in '79. That night I had skived off school to travel up with the Saints fans and for my troubles got attacked by both Saints and Leeds fans - what a night in more ways than one! Tony Currie was our main man then - what a player.

I had watched a lot of games as a kid n the 70's at the Dell and saw the great Leeds team every time they turned up. I also watched other top sides - the 70's was a great era for English football as so many teams had great players, including Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, both Mancs, Derby etc etc.

I obviously chose to go to Leeds For further education, married a girl from the area ( soon divorced), lived in Belle Isle, and watched Leeds home and away when money would allow. Great days!

Now live back down south and to be honest watch few games these days. Got disillusioned with money/football and Leeds in the Ridsdale era.

Starting to fall in love with the game again.

Most of all I reckon we are on the up and wish all you loyal fans of today the very best. It is easy to go down memory lane, I have great memories, but the past is the past and sometimes I think the ghosts of Don and Billy weigh too heavily. Time to make some new history that we can be proud of.

Here's hoping!
Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #230 
Welcome to The Fox.

BMc will handle the shadows cast by our greatest legends by embracing them and endeavoring to match them.
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #231 
Welcome Fox.

You going to start a bingo thread?

Good to see more people joining.

Foxy41

New Signing
Reply with quote  #232 
Happy to start the bingo, which of you are old enough or sad enough to want to play?

Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #233 
Willow n Flatty.

And Guis.
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #234 
Come on you 36 lurkers/guests. Join up then I'll have someone to talk too. [smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26]
GuisboroughLUFC

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #235 
56 guest now. Come on. Be brave.

It doesn't even matter if your a scum fan.

Join, join, join.

LUdacris

Reply with quote  #236 
Great intro Basil Brush. Welcome to the board. [good]

Somerset White

New Signing
Reply with quote  #237 
9Fecking love Leeds simple as....been supporting our great team from 1969...tears in 1973.. had to hold them in 1975 (feckin robbed never more appropriate) and .....I THINK WE WILL WILL GO UP THIS SEASON..... there i've said it.

Originally from Northampton, I now live in Berrow, Somerset, via Wednesbury in the West Midlands (10 years!!!!) happy now at last! great place on our island.

One day we will be back...hope it's in my lifetime (back as in winning trophies).

In BM I trust.

New Signing
Reply with quote  #238 
Welcome to the board Somerset [smiley_highfive_zps8f9f0d26]

Love the optimism mate, hope you are right about promotion, I have a sneaky feeling we will go up also [cheers]

Ridsdales Goldfish

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #239 
A few on here stated clearly they felt BMc was NOT the Messiah.

All I can say is he's doing a Damn fine impression of one.

With a very average Warnock squad may i add
EL KIWIPETE

Simply a Cunt
Reply with quote  #240 
welcome ciderman and what did the fox say----enjoy the madness-[cheers]

Johnny Peroni

New Signing
Reply with quote  #241 
Johnny Peroni

New Signing
Reply with quote  #242 
Hello.

Johnny Peroni here, quick intro I have been a Leeds fan since I went with my Dad to watch them beat Everton 2-0 in 1968. I have been a sporadic season ticket holder, but I have to confess that I have not graced the mecca of football grounds for some time. This being due to work commitments and my passionate hatred towards the previous regime.

I am hoping to get to more games in the New Year, and possibly have a beer or two with some fellow fans.

I am new to this forum/social networking business so you will have to bear with me whilst I get up to speed. I have (hopefully) attached a link to some commentary from one of my other passions rugby league, which I think you will enjoy.   

http://http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/video/best-footy-commentary-ever/

I will continue reading the board and at some stage make worthwhile contributions.

I would like to wish you all the very best for Xmas and the New Year, onwards and upwards MOT...

Johnny P.
LUdacris

Reply with quote  #243 
Welcome to the board JP and a Merry Christmas to you, sir.

SA

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #244 
Marys, can you please explain why my posts from the previous board haven't carried over here? It is hard to see a veteran like me mop around like a new signing [frown]
flatcap

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #245 
SA welcome back nice to hear you are still around, no one has shot you yet then ...have you not lost yer cherry yet?
as for your old posts they are now history,  same as mine, what a nice post for a change, still some really nice guys (and ladies ) in here
I did let KIWI know the trams have stopped running up Elland Road now, sounds like hes got some real HISSHEADS over there now to join him, did you get the tigress laid?......so dont forget my birthday this year its the same day as yours i will send you the same present you sent me last year......lets hope we get the stability back into the club with this takeover, along with the ground and Thorp Arch....a promotion push if possible but stability is the main item,we will have our identity back.
2014 could be the rebirth of our famous club,......So DH get your finger out and make a name for yourself, we have been waiting 10+ years for someone to rescue us.......MOT   [old_man_smiley_zpsc0c5a4c9] 

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #246 
Firstly Hello and a Happy New Year to one and all.

Thought I'd start off the new year and finally register having lurked in the shadows for too long.

About me...b.Leeds for first 4 years of life...moved to Ilkley for next 20 odd years years...overseas another 4 then moved back and ended up daan saarrf where I currently reside following from afar and unbelievably still get a bit nervous on match days.

Lots of my teenage years were spent at Elland Road watching the great team of the early/mid seventies, Billy Johnny,alan and Mick et al. Great memories, makes following them now even more painful at times. Still as "The Boss" would say "These are better days". Lets hope BMc will be the next legend at ER as he takes us back to our rightful place in the footballing world!

Go Mighty Whites!

BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #247 
Welcome White In Exile and all other new posters

Here's to a great 2014 for the Mighty Whites [cheers]

First Team Player
Reply with quote  #248 
Welcome WIE.

Daffs

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #249 
Welcome WIE and indeed to all new posters!!

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #250 
All you exiles welcome .....except a certain effin Italian.....edging in on our takeover.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.