Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Sheppey
seems he is going to be Director of Football!! - Link

Quote:
My future? I remained in question with the President Cellino, and follow it as I decided to Leeds. Expect only the change of ownership that there will be a few days at Cagliari, and then I'll go. "
[image] 
Skygod
This would be a pleasant surprise, as I was almost sure that Salerno would go to Palermo.

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini is pulling out all the stops to tempt Cagliari sporting director Nicola Salerno to the club, amid interest from Leeds United.

While the club currently boast a sporting director in Franco Ceravolo, Zamparini wants to appoint Salerno as vice-president with sweeping powers.

And Salerno would work with Ceravolo as Palermo, who won Serie B last season, seek to field a team next term to flourish in Serie A.

Zamparini is at pains not to go into the details, but hinted at an open door for Salerno.Salerno is a friend of the family, he told StadioNews24. There is nothing going on with him, but in the future you never know.
At this time my sporting director is Ceravolo. If someone else arrived in Palermo, it would not be instead of Ceravolo.

Source
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
T1og
Looks very likely he will be heading for ER
luap1085
This is great news, from what I read/heard salerno is the 'real' brains behind cagliari, he will be be more of a manager in duties than hockaday will be, maybe that was/is his plan all along, have hockaday or any other low paid manager as his scapegoat to sack to appease fans after bad runs.
Marsh Spain
exactly luap, he's the real 'manager' that the coaches will report to and has a 10
year association with Cellino so they work well together.

he's the one that will bring the players in so if he's coming it's really good news.

T1og
Still no word on Hockaday maybe Cellino is waiting for the nod from Nicola to say all is well and he will join him at Leeds before handing the job over to Hockaday
As said before Hockaday will coach not managed the team if he gets the job
Skygod
Rooneys Bitch Tits wrote:
exactly luap, he's the real 'manager' that the coaches will report to and has a 10
year association with Cellino so they work well together.

he's the one that will bring the players in so if he's coming it's really good news.

10 year 'association', but not working for him all the time.

This will be the 4th time in 11 years that MC will have appointed him.

Not sure what happened in 2006 when he left Cagliari for a year with Foggia, but he sacked him midway through the 2007/08 season.

luap1085
He only left/got sacked 4 times in an 11 year stint with cellino, makes red noses time at sc*m look short!
Skygod
From trying to decipher his Italian Wkipedia page, this seems to be his history :

Cagliari
Foggia
Cagliari
Salerno
Messina
Grosseto
Catania
Cagliari
Leeds?

T1og
Let's hope the last one is right

Ridsdales Goldfish
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/19/sp-transfer-gurus-decision-suggests-leeds-united-future-report/

thevoiceofreason
So is it safe to assume that he will be bringing some Cagliari players with him?
Marsh Spain
Hockabilly said players are already lined up with contracts ready to sign
so i assume there's some Italians in the mix.

T1og
According to reports coming out of Italy, Massimo Cellino's go-to guy Nicola Salerno has flown into England in anticipation of taking up his former role under Cellino, however, this time at Leeds United.

Salerno was always expected to join up with Cellino at Leeds, but the Italian's talks with Palermo last week did throw doubt to whether that vision would become a reality. However, after considering the position, Salerno told reporters that his heart wasn't in it.

'I do not have the heart,' Salerno said.

'I can confirm that I have not accepted the proposal of Palermo. The club needed an immediate response, while I did not have sufficient certainty.'

Now here is some news Iv been waiting for let's hope it's right
Daniel2
Rare to see a person come out and state clearly that his heart was not in the job offered. Most just take the money and run. If he does indeed come to Leeds then let's hope he brings Dario Del fabro, Nicola Murru, and Agim Ibraimi with him.
BB
Don't be surprised if MC/NS persuade Astori to come to ER or someone of that ilk.

BB
Marsh Spain
7m

Conti is back for another year and Marroccu is back as sporting director until Giulini is up to speed. Shrewd moves both. Things looking up.

looks good for us

T1og
The former Cagliari manager Nicola Salerno has confirmed to the Italian media that he's set to arrive at Leeds United soon to take up a role with the club. Rumours had been around for over a week that Salerno would be arriving at Elland Road to start a new job but Salerno himself has cast aside any doubt by saying that he's making the move to Leeds United as a lifestyle choice, a new experience in England.

Quoted by Tuttomercatoweb, Salerno said "Leeds? A lifestyle choice, my first experience abroad, but with an Italian owner. The no to Palermo? There was contact, because we have good relationship with Zamparini. I had taken my time."

Salerno was a wanted man in Italy but the new regime at Leeds has managed to convince him to join their ship and be reunited with Massimo Cellino, who he worked for at Cagliari. That he's turned down any chance to work in Serie A shows how highly Salerno values the project on offer at Leeds United.

Tuttomercatoweb say that Salerno will be given a role concentrating on the market but with his managerial experience it can't be ruled out that he'll have some say on the day to day running of the team too, perhaps being Cellino's eyes and ears at the football club.tool
Looks like he's in goodnews
Sheppey
Here's full the interview - Taken from here
Nicola Salerno starts from Leeds. A new experience. The first abroad. With president Massimo Cellino. Salerno follows Cellino in England after years of Cagliari. A new challenge, which led him also to say no to an important occasion like Palermo. Zamparini would have wanted as a man, market, Salerno preferred the Leeds and speaks to Tuttomercatoweb of his new experience.

Director, starts from Leeds.
"There is still nothing definite. But it is a lifestyle choice, the first experience abroad. With an Italian-owned, Cellino.'m Happy."

He could go to Palermo ...
"There was contact, but because of the relationships we have with Zamparini. I took time, however, things have gone as planned. Relations remain good, beyond football."

Cagliari instead starts from Marroccu.
"Both myself and Francesco know how to move in that environment. Marroccu I am convinced that is a guarantee. Colleagues There are so many preparations, but he has the advantage of already knowing the environment."

Cagliari is expected that with Giulini?
"They have to market. Surely Cagliari organizational work in the wake of the previous administration."

Zeman on the bench ...
"You also need to enable it to work the best. When can work his way becomes devastating."

And his Leeds?
"It will be a team with players of different nationalities. We will have a competitive training. To get the most."
[image] 
john charles 2
Got to say I was disappointed with the Hockaday appointment,but its now becoming clearer its like Cellino said,Hockaday is just a coach and this Salerno guy is the real deal on what gets decided on behind the scenes.
 Cheered me up no end.
LeedsPremChamps2020
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/06/27/yes-im-working-for-leeds-and-yes-im-signing-italian-talents-nicola-salerno/147558/?

Hes in and he's bringing some reinforcements
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Sheppey
LeedsPremChamps2020 wrote:
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/06/27/yes-im-working-for-leeds-and-yes-im-signing-italian-talents-nicola-salerno/147558/? Hes in and he's bringing some reinforcements

Came from here - Link - also linking us with Fabrizio Grillo

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE LEEDS, ds Salerno: "We will bring the club to the Premier in two or three years. Grillio of Siena? I'm interested"

I 'already at work Nicola Salerno, expert sports director who has followed the president Massimo Cellino to Leeds, the club that currently plays in the second division league English. For the new adventure in the club who win three national titles over a lost final of the Champions Cup in 75, Salerno said no to the president Zamparini who wanted him to Palermo. On his return from England for a weekend of work in Italy, the former Cagliari ds, spoke of the market and not only to the microphones of Itasportpress.it. "I chose to jump on the bandwagon of Maximum (Cellino ed.) Because there is a relationship of respect and friendship between us. We plan to consolidate the club and in two, maximum three years old, bring in the Premier League. I'll bring some young Italian at Leeds but not many because it is right that the team is formed by the British. Fabrizio Grillo of Siena? Do not miss a thing (Laughs. ..). Yes he is a player that I respect and who might be interested "
[image] 
BB
Not officially announced on the OS yet but that does mean much.

Just hope MC ensures the lines of communication between the club and fans improves.

Today's statement on Ross is a move in the right direction though.

Stuff in the public domain should be confirmed though.
BB
Sheppey
Nicola Salerno (Cellino's sporting director at Cagliari) is joining Leeds for the next two years. He at the training camp in Italy atm
[image] 
BB
A little line from Spoughts website says the Italian Media suggest Salerno is leaving LUFC.

BB
Catfood_1072
Interesting could be a personal thing or rift with MC. Or a recognition that Salerno's knowledge in Italy is too limiting in the market for us.
Catty

[$(KGrHqR,!l!E2ER!OjccBNtqUKK++g~~_35]  one of the greats
Catfood_1072
Or that Salerno has gone over budget to get the Cooper/Bellusci deals over the line ...
Catty

BB
I'm not sure if it is even true.

Although I do think leaving your home country for another may be a contributing issue. It is not as easy for some.

Grillo suggests this was the main reason he chose to stay in Italy rather than come to ER.

BB
Catfood_1072
Yeah he probably can't find anywhere that sells his favourite chianti
Catty

PapaSmurf
He probably doesn't like having to make his own sandwiches.