Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Daffs
Haven't been to a gig in ages....but this Thursday off to see The Stranglers and Nine below zero....should be a good night.
White In Exile
Saw Graham Parker & the Rumour in Bristol in October. Absolutely brilliant and consumate musicians. 50+ all of them and man they still got it! Made me feel 20 again and reminded me how cr@p most of todays "bands" really are.
White In Exile
Oh, and have a good pogo Daffs!
Tony Montana
The Rejects are playing at ER every second Saturday.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
andyl
Been to see Snakecharmer recently.

For all those who liked Whitesnake in their early years check em out.

Old dudes still rock!!
sumosimpo
Anybody into classic rock needs to get to see The Answer. They are touring at the moment. My son went to see them at York last Saturday and i ,m due to see them at Reading on March 9th. Seen them 3 times and they are superb.
Am also off to see Yes and Magnum in May.
lufc1
Daffs
...but this Thursday off to see The Stranglers

Saw them  in about 1879 well it was a long time ago loved the records at the time but the gig was sh*t not a very good venue to be honest
stevethemouse
saw primal screem a few mounths ago was dam good
Daffs
seen them a few times steve...great band.

Venue on Thursday is pretty good, its a dedicated music venue. Last band I saw there was the twang I think lol Anyhow whether its sh!t or not its a night out.
lufc1
Once saw REM in Charleston South Carolina in 1995 not intended just by luck was there with my brother and were in a record shop when saw advert for the gig that night tickets still left so we bought two, great gig never knew them apart from hearing "Man on the Moon" bought some other CD's after that 
Daffs
best accidental gig for me was when I was on shore leave in Ft Lauderdale, in some bar when this baggy lot got on stage....Inspiral Carpets...we ended up partying with them afterwards....fckin brilliant.
The Great Ormsby
Daffs wrote:
Haven't been to a gig in ages....but this Thursday off to see The Stranglers and Nine below zero....should be a good night.

Went to see The Beat on Saturday. Pretty good and very energetic though not quite the original line-up.

Saw The Stranglers' last gig with Hugh Cornwell at Ally Pally way back: not really been interested since. Get the impression they're just a load of old has-beens (or in Cornwell's replacements' case, never-weres) cashing in, but stand to be corrected if you think differently after the gig, Daffs.
LUdacris
Saw Supertramp and AC/DC on BBC4 last night, nearest I've come to a live show since I saw Max Miller at the City Varieties in 1936.
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
Daffs
last proper band I saw was the who at the O2 festival, well really just daltrey and Townshend....had zac starkey on drums with townshends brother as well. Bloody fantastic, now they are knocking on a bit but the energy was still there, and they did a 2 and a half hour set....couldn't see the likes of one erection etc doin that in 40 or 50 years time.
Rhino White
Went to see the Vaccines at the Donny Dome just over a year ago they very good live but the 3 support acts were sh##e and the greasy little chavs that attended were a pain in the ar4e aswell but a band well worth seeing if yer get the chance.
Rhino White
P.S Yer better enjoy this gig Daffs because thereafter the only musical influence you'll get to see will be Balamory ,In the Night Garden and some annoying little erks called Dora the Explorer and Diego!!
LeedsPremChamps2020
Handy manny?
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
LUdacris
Rhino White wrote:
P.S Yer better enjoy this gig Daffs because thereafter the only musical influence you'll get to see will be Balamory ,In the Night Garden and some annoying little erks called Dora the Explorer and Diego!!

Balamori, Dora and Diego, probably our midfield for next season.
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
Daffs
pmsl @luda
The Great Ormsby
Daffs wrote:

How was the gig, Daffs?
Daffs
Didn't end up going, a mate did though and said it was garbage.
Sir Rob Vegetable
sumosimpo wrote:
Anybody into classic rock needs to get to see The Answer. They are touring at the moment. My son went to see them at York last Saturday and i ,m due to see them at Reading on March 9th. Seen them 3 times and they are superb. Am also off to see Yes and Magnum in May.

Yes they are good - not seen them live but listen to their stuff in the car.

If you like them, then how about Black Stone Cherry, or Electric Mary (try "long way from home")?

Modern bands, but straight up classic rockers.
Daffs
Seen the answer, they were at the O2 festival when we say the Who, like Black stone cherry too...another band worth a listen are Rosehill drive.
Mighty Oak
Roger Waters at Manchester. Awesome night.

Sterophonics Leeds Arena, love those guys.

Aussie Pink Floyd at the Leeds Arena last Friday. I dont normally like tribute bands but I have to say these guys are brilliant. Stage show, light show, guitarists, backing singers, inflatables everything perfect.

Looking forward to "War of the Worlds" later in the year.

andyl
Mighty Oak wrote:
Roger Waters at Manchester. Awesome night.

Sterophonics Leeds Arena, love those guys.

Aussie Pink Floyd at the Leeds Arena last Friday. I dont normally like tribute bands but I have to say these guys are brilliant. Stage show, light show, guitarists, backing singers, inflatables everything perfect.

Looking forward to "War of the Worlds" later in the year.

Going to War of the Worlds in Liverpool in November

Also booked to see Foreigner,Europe and FM on the same billing in Wolverhampton.
Tony Montana
I'm going to see Vinnie Jones at Elland Road. I have no idea what his music is like but he must be good as it's £80 a ticket.

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Mighty Oak
You have been done mate.
Tony Currie10
Seeing a band next week in North London called b-Movie....they were gonna be the next 'big thing' like Spandau, Duran and Depeche but just fell short for some unexplainable reason.

They started just doing a couple of gigs per year for the last 4/5 years and have a few classic recordings that were hits in other countries but only hit the depths of our charts because of f-uckers like Rene and Renata etc....

Big Mansfield Town fans....

Looking forward to putting on my leather trousers and frilly shirt again....not looking forward to breathing in all f-ucking night!
2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Skygod
Loooong time since I've been to a concert. The last band I saw live was Sek Loso.

The meaning of the song basically translates to "You're a lying cheating bi*tch and every word that comes out of your mouth is a lie"
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Perth Pommie
I went to see Passenger in December, probably not everyone's cup of tea, but thought it was a fantastic gig. Basically just him and his guitar, real stripped back and intimate gig. He had a lot of audience interaction and really funny with it. Would definitely recommend if any of you like his music and get a chance to see him live [smiley-score010]

lubyvader
Well thank feck I got out of seeing One Direction but me 7 year old daughters goin, amazin i wanna go to decent gigs im told no but me daughter gets off with someone in t family bet she'll have a great night though

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Tony Montana
Ooh Lilly borderline humour. Luby is a man of faith so will be more tolerant I expect but if it was a daughter of someone with less control I could see them snapping. We've had rows on here over wives. Jeez leave the kids out of it.

But saying that if I could get out of going to a one erection concert then I'd let Myra Hindley bring my lass.lol

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

Lilly
Post deleted TM - soz
lubyvader
I have missed somethin here but feck it probably were totally true maybe after-all our lil shoots from t dick sorry I mean Hip

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Steve Bates
Haven't Bern to any gigs for ages but going to see Eric Clapton at Leeds arena in June
blind pilots
IN answer to the question..............

NO
  [image]