Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Dessip
As many of you are aware my 19yr daughter Rosie passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last September and to cut a long story short my wife now finds herself running the London Marthathon (her first ever marathon) this coming Sunday on behalf of Young Epilepsy UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2429876/Rosie-Carter-Lively-caring-teenager-19-dies-sleep-family-trip.html

Whilst I understand we may all have other charities close to our heart I'm hoping that a few kind members of this board would be kind enough to make a small donation using the link below?

My reasons for coming to the board with this request are three-fold

1. My wife has often complained about the time I spend on this board and the futility of chatting to people I've never met
2. I would like her to see that donations have been made to this cause as a result of kindness shown by a few Leeds Utd fans (so please mention this fact on the justgiving site if you are kind enough to donate)
3. Finally, if any members of the Leeds Utd squad should happen to read this site then I would welcome any contributions from you also! :-)....probably the least you can do after the sh1t we've all had to put up with this season..

I appreciate this board was not set up for this type of thing but this is something incredibly personal to me and my family and so I hope you'll forgive me

Thx in advace & Kind Regards. Des

http://www.justgiving.com/mum-runs-for-Rosie

Got a mention as one of the poshest & dimmest posters - Board Awards 2013/14
Wildwood
hi mate, i want to donate but how can i make payment?
Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
Skygod
Is Colgate still doing the run? If so, show your wife his picture, so she can trip him up.
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Pistol White
Really sorry to hear about your loss Des, I wasn't aware of this, will defo make a contribution.  Pass on my good luck to your wife for Sunday.
Dessip
Wildwood wrote:
hi mate, i want to donate but how can i make payment?

Thax mate...really appreciate that [good]

The JustGiving link is at the bottom of the OP but here it is again

http://www.justgiving.com/mum-runs-for-Rosie

Moose Malloy
Your wife's pain must run so deep. I hope the future brings you both better fortune. 
Thackleywhite
Crikey i didn't know that.  I don't know what to say really..some things are just hard to comprehend.  Stay strong my friend, stay strong.   (donation made).
Skygod
Dessip,

I you don't want this link, then PM me and I'll edit it out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2429876/Rosie-Carter-Lively-caring-teenager-19-dies-sleep-family-trip.html

Dessip
Thx SG...Actually I don't mind it simply because it creates awareness (and that really is our main driver at the moment) even though I hate both it and a number of similar articles and links. Funny though. I've learned how sly the press can be as a result of this, even going so far as to pay friends etc for comments, access to facebook etc as well as trying to doorstep us. I really appreciate the offer though [thumb]

Anyway SG, Thackers, Moose, Wildwood and even that trendy left-leaning but Tory wannabe  Pistol - I just wanted to say thx for your kind words & donations. My wife has been on the phone already this morning & is so appreciative of your generosity...I honestly cannot thank you enough

MOT

Sir Rob Vegetable

Incredibly tragic - I'm really sorry for your family, and can only imagine at the press intrusion compounding matters too.
Donation made - best wishes!
LeedsPremChamps2020
How long have we got to make donations mate?
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
Rich_LUFC
A pleasure to donate Dessip and as always, thoughts with you all on Sunday and beyond.  

I've tweeted out the links as well so maybe get a few more through Twitter.

[pixel]
LeedsPremChamps2020
Retweeted said tweet rich
I should’ve just put 2020/21 damn it!
Championship Champions is close enough for me!

WE ARE BACK BABY!
BB
Well Done to your wife Des.

Rosie is being remembered in a very special way.

Even as I type there is a tear in my eye. (I am a big softie really!)

Donation made and hope Emma exceeds her target.
BB
Pistol White
Dessip wrote:
Thx SG...Actually I don't mind it simply because it creates awareness (and that really is our main driver at the moment) even though I hate both it and a number of similar articles and links. Funny though. I've learned how sly the press can be as a result of this, even going so far as to pay friends etc for comments, access to facebook etc as well as trying to doorstep us. I really appreciate the offer though [thumb]

Anyway SG, Thackers, Moose, Wildwood and even that trendy left-leaning but Tory wannabe  Pistol - I just wanted to say thx for your kind words & donations. My wife has been on the phone already this morning & is so appreciative of your generosity...I honestly cannot thank you enough

MOT

Political leanings mean diddly squat relative to things such as this, we're all human beings.  I hope your family has been able to stay strong through it all, once again sincerest sympathies from all at Casa Pistol.
Dessip
LeedsPremChamps2020 wrote:
How long have we got to make donations mate?

I think you can still donate a few weeks after the event

Brian, Rob & Rich - just spoken to my wife and she is both astounded and so highly appreciative

For people we've never met to contribute in this way is a very special thing indeed. Thank you so much for your supportive comments and incredible generosity..

Batfastard
Stickied mate. And will put a contribution in when I'm home from work.

RIP Rosie.
Batfastard of Wakefield - the REAL Burger King

Better a pig, than a pygmy.

Mary rape is real rape. 
Skygod
Dessip,

I'm guessing that your missus isn't doing it for the official time, so I'll add an extra tenner if you can post on here a pic of her in front of the Rose Of Denmark pub on the Woolwich Road.

Deal?

Batfastard
£20 if she's naked [thumbup]

Mary rape is real rape. 
Dessip
SG - I've mentioned it and she'll give it a go but she is aiming for a time (4h30) unless she gets injured - she's carrying a bad foot at the moment

BF - I mentioned the idea of her doing it naked but frankly after 4 kids her 'rat' has seen better days. That said I have a 4 day old ham sandwich from Lidls that has started to curl and rot at the edges - that may create pretty much the same affect and on reflection better reflect your primary lust in life...

Batfastard
You eating that ?

I hate seeing perfectly good food go to waste [nono]

Mary rape is real rape. 
LUdacris
I'll sort something out when I'm back home to normality. Good effort Mrs Des, minge or no minge.
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
Skygod
SeasideWhite, I've never seen you post on here, but well done 'my friend'.

Skygod
Congratulations to Emma on completing the Marathon.

4 hr 34 min 30 sec

Link

[0019t] 
[0035t] 

[0012t] 
[0028t] 

(David Haigh : Not Started) Link

Pistol White
Congrats Mrs Dessip.  Great effort
Dessip
Thx for sharing those SG...much appreciated

I guess we can un-sticky this thread now but I just wanted to let you know that Emma has so far raised £13.5k approx for Young Epilepsy and despite never having run one before in her life, she is now planning to participate in the New York one this coming November and also London again next year. in fact I've even said I'll give her a sizeable donation if she runs it as Baroness Thatcher with either 'Fcuk You Pistol White you Communist Cnut' emblazoned on her back or carrying a large placard that says 'All overweight teachers are overpaid paedos'

Anyway she's giving it some thought...

As you can appreciate it as been an incredibly difficult last 6 months and I know there will still be many more dark times ahead. That said this board, and the people on it, have always been a healthy distraction for me and much of the banter has never failed to help me raise a smile at times when I often needed it the most

I'm not a fan of social networking really (don't do twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc) but this site has offered me far more than I will ever be able to give it so thx again to all the mods and the other personalities (be it new signings or first-teamers) who all contribute so regularly

Again, and on behalf of me and my family - we have all appreciated your kind words, support and generosity

Des

Pistol White
I strongly recommend against the Thatcher idea, we don't want her getting attacked on the way around.
Batfastard
Can she put the teacher comment on her ar-se?

Seriously, really well done to her. Personally I could break sweat driving 26 miles, so it's an amazing achievement : sm46:

Mary rape is real rape. 
lubyvader
A very impressive effort and well done, I do hope we can support in other ways and that things become easier bit by bit I can nvere imagine how you feel, but we can pull together as we always do when someones chips are very much down. The only fans in the country or even internationally that probably can have this effect on such a board MOT

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
LUdacris
Sorted
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
Marsh Spain
Sorry Dessip. i just saw this thread this morning and my heart goes out for you.

by 11 this morning i had a call telling me my friends son has just died during the
night after a seizure.

please tell your wife she's a wonderful lady and i'll add a donation to help in the
memory of both of them.

Dessip
Thx Marsh....really sorry to hear about your friends son. A truly awful experience.

If I can ever help in anyway just let me know. Take care

Des