Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

LUID
Anyone ever seen a better 40 minutes of RL in Super League era than that 43 unanswered points scored at Codheads by the Rhinos , after being blitzed in first half and being 12 nil down at interval. Kallum Watkins , Brad Singleton , Danny Maguire and Rob Burrow in particular were just sublime in a fantastic team effort. Well done Brian McDermott for half time team talk. Sinny now 4th in all-time points scorers list and closing on 3rd spot.
EL KIWIPETE
actually watched the second half at work---what a fecking treat--the rhinos horned the cnuts second half----brilliant win--[smiley-laughing016]

PROUD TO BE BORN IN HOLBECK--VINTAGE 1959

willow
LUID wrote:
Anyone ever seen a better 40 minutes of RL in Super League era than that 43 unanswered points scored at Codheads by the Rhinos , after being blitzed in first half and being 12 nil down at interval. Kallum Watkins , Brad Singleton , Danny Maguire and Rob Burrow in particular were just sublime in a fantastic team effort. Well done Brian McDermott for half time team talk. Sinny now 4th in all-time points scorers list and closing on 3rd spot.

Amazing turn around M

Fantastic effort - especially given the opposition and the fan base. Watching them having to suffer that after all their first half baiting was sublime. Singleton had an inspired 10 mins at the start of that second period. Will be dining out on that for awhile. McGuire fantastic as well. That's threee times we have been benind at the break I believe?

LUID
Yes , Willow , it's as if they are giving themselves a deficit to overcome on purpose to bring out best in themselves. On reflection I guess last time I was so impressed with a Rhinos display was the 70-0 drubbing of Saints - 2004 - Mags hatrick in 9 minutes and Bai hatrick too. However , last night's turnaround was even more impressive for me.
LUdacris
Didn't see it mate but followed updates on FB. Some were calling for Dancing Danny to be sold at HT saying how sh!te he was, then he preceded to rip them apart second half. Never write the Rhinos off or do so at your own peril.
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.
LUID
Yes Mags(along with others in Blue and Amber) made a few too many errors in that first 40 . Hull were dominating possession and field position . Made the response after half time even better and Mags did what he does best (supporting breaks) and deservedly notched and made tries for a rampant Rhinos. He doesnt have the pace nowadays but his positional play and know-how is still top notch . He was annoyed that Pryce was on top in first half but by end of match it was "Leon who " just like in his Saints days and the Grand Finals [running-around-smiley-emoticon]
batty4
Wow what a comeback. Awesome stuff
EFL IS CORRUPT
rinner
rhino where are you ? this thread is in your area of expertise or have you realised that rugby is just a game for those who don't have the skill to play football .     [smiley-scared004]

how are you mate and wheres your sidekick  rids he's another oddball    [grin-smiley-emoticon]
Ridsdales Goldfish
Rhino.....

where r u?

LETS BE AVIN YAH
ishotamancinreno
I am not a rugby fan and not particularly a Rhinos fan but as its my home town club I want them to win, so I set up last night ready to watch, after not long I opted to watch Juve & Fiorentina which was a a cracking end to end game! I recorded rest of rugby. I have to admit that second half was some of the best I've seen but I'm not an expert. Just stop singing our songs you twats!
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

thackleywhite
I went with my father in law. The locals were as hospitable as ever! (cnuts the lot of em).

We were less than convincing in the first half. In fact we haven't really been wholy convincing in any game so far this season. Second half was outstanding though.  Watkins really does look the business now.

Next 3 games are toughies...wire, wigan and catalan....

Rhino White
That first half is a fine example of us not "getting off the bus" but having just enough grind in us to hang on till H/T.
The second half is what happens when he hit the ground running ,pick the right passes and "go for the throat" whilst Legends like Burrow & Mcguire were doing what we've seen for over the last 10yrs+ we also saw a glimpse into the next 10 with the likes of Stevie Ward ,Brad Singleton and the sublime Kallum Watkins all showing the foundations are there to build on going forward.
The Rhinos just like LUFC have a cracking Acadamy system names to look out for over the next 18mths or so will be Robbie Mulhern(Franks older brother) a big powerful Prop. Ashton Golding a FB/W or 6 a real Rolls Royce of an athlete ,Robbie Ward a sharp 9 there'salso  plenty of potential amongst our u16's who are also unbeaten.
Nimrod LUFC
Didn't see it but listened on the radio.  Was thinking is this the same team that have won their  first 3 games ?  Then it turned.  I'm thinking somebody has bet in running and put a barrow load of money on at half time.  Great result. 
 Zombie Hunter Supreme
LUFC Supporters Club Member
Shoot to thrill.

Image result for guns skulls

LUID
Yes RW - I'm hearing Cameron Smith is the best of the lot in terms of prospects , have you seen him play - way ahead of his age group apparently ?
LUID
I understand Golding is in the team at fullback tonight - where's Zak ?
Daffs
Dropped apparently
Daffs
Alleged assault and assisting police with their enquiries...accordin to sky
Ridsdales Goldfish
Suspended now I hear.

Hes a bit of a lad and is going to end up in the reserves (Wakefield) if he doesn't sort himself out.

What a waste
Skygod
England full-back Hardaker, 23, and Leeds team-mate Elliot Minchella, 19, are expected to be interviewed by police over the alleged assault of a 22-year-old man in Leeds on 3 February.

"The club have been made aware of an incident in which it is alleged that Leeds Rhinos players Zak Hardaker and Elliot Minchella were involved.

"Both the club and the individuals concerned are co-operating fully with the police investigation.

"Until such time as that investigation is concluded neither the club nor the players involved are able to make any further comment."

A police spokesman said: "We can confirm that we will be speaking to two men in connection with the incident."

Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Rhino White
LUID wrote:
Yes RW - I'm hearing Cameron Smith is the best of the lot in terms of prospects , have you seen him play - way ahead of his age group apparently ?

He is the "Gun Player" in his age group U16's he is a 13 but can play at 6 and too good for that level once he is old enough he will go straight into the u19's and should his development continue expect to see him in the first team within the next 18mths/2yrs.
BAC White
great thread.....Ireland playing the Welsh as well. COYBIG. [grin-smiley-emoticon]  

Isnt this the same game (rugby).....Rhino [eek]

[y50OAtN] [DiligentAnnualDikdik-size_restricted]      
thackleywhite
My fear is hardaker will be yet another rugby league wastrel....millions of em.

Young lads with tons of talent and potential...but prefer to act like total di-c-k heads in their personal lives.

If he's guilty of this then the club should get rid....

LUID
Cheers RW ; agree TW , ZH is running out of chances at the Rhinos. BMc said his latest incident caused disruption before Warrington game and performance/result showed that.
Rhino White
Luid ,imo the ZH situation is an easy excuse as pivotol as the FB position is that should'nt have caused the chaos akin to how we performed with the ball.
We had Sinfield and Mcguire at Half Back ,Aiton at 9 with Burrow off the Bench that's more than enough experience and Trophy winning experience at that to counter the loss of a FB albeit a very good one.
This squad has potential and the aforementioned experience in bundles what it doesn't have is a Coach or no2 with enough "Creative Nous" to switch to plan B when under pressure.
The transition within the squad is here and thus far i think some of the planning for it and for the Club to evolve has been p!$$ poor ,we are capable don't get me wrong but we are getting very predictable time for some changes on and off the field imo.
LUID
Fair comments RW but will GH step up to the plate or is he part of your gripe ? Who is the Nos 2 at moment as maybe that's why BM cannot address these issues because he is doing more or less everything with forwards and backs? Cheers for your thoughts.
Rhino White
The way we've handled the whole transition irks me somewhat LUID to be honest mate.
When Lowes left us Barry Eaton(Hunslet Coach) stepped in as a part time no2 abd Chris Plume (u19's Coach) also helps out for me that's not good enough for an Elite RL Club especially one as good or as big as ours.
Brian Mc has a big enough ego to think he can do it all himself and GH is daft and tight enough to let him.
We did well for first 11 games last year had a decent Challenge Cup but we also played a lot of uninspiring dross and picked players either past it or woefully out of form again imo not good enough.
As it stands we will lose Peacock Leuleui Sinfield & Jjb minimum and possibly Mcguire over the next 18mths and the fact the phasing out process is yet to start worries me in the short term.
We have potential throughout the Acadamy but they need quality first team guidance not old men on their last knockings and a Coach who is too blinkered to utilise what tools he has at his disposal.
Interesting couple of years ahead for us mate but i hope we don't fcuk it up by trying to save a few quid and blind loyalty.
LUID
Interesting times RW as you say ; let's keep the faith and how come Carnegie(as was) splash the cash on new coach ?
Perth Pommie
Oops thought this was a thread about a Wildlife Park in Leeds [im-ok-smiley-emoticon]
LUID
Hey RW , good win in Catalans ; what's the big joint announcement with Yorkshire Carnegie today at Headingley all about - new dual code youth set up or any other ideas ? Cheers fella.
LUID
Wow - Sir Kev to Carnegie (Yawnion) - didnt see that one coming ; I guess with him , JP and possibly Kylie and Beeep Beep going at end of season plenty of space under salary cap for some big signings to supplement the youth already at the club and breaking through to first team. Exciting times ahead.
thackleywhite
Personally i think he should have dropped down a division or two and helped a lesser league club.

It would have been fantastic for Hunslet or Batley to have Sinfield for a couple of seasons.

I'm not a fan of union at all it is fu-cking garbage! FFS.

LUID
Agree TW , Yawnion is like watching League in slowmo.
Another great show by Rhinos at Cas today . JP , Cuthbertson and Handley were superb but all 17 were good.
LUID
What an Easter - two wins for Rhinos and all major contenders dropping at least 2 points - 4 points clear of Saints in second and top of the league at this stage in a transition season . Fantastic if we can keep it going.
Daniel2
Rhino Leeds, The similarities between Leeds Rhinos and Leeds United is scary. Both have excellent youth talent, both have not true senior players to help develop the good Youth and both have a man with a large ego in charge (ones a coach and the other a owner). Interesting, is the Union side in Leeds/ Headingly having the same issues?
LUID
Dont follow Union Daniel; Rhinos mainly keep their youth and develop replacements and supplement with one or two gems from outside the club. Salary cap is managed very well imo.
thackleywhite
Leeds stuffed saints last night and the kids now coming through look absolutely first class.

Ain't gonna be much of a transition period for leeds RL!

lubyvader
the union side will be better with seinfield part of it, but rhinos are an impressive outfit can still win when they play sh1te but are still classy would love em to do all 3 domestic trophies

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
LUID
Yes TW ; that first half against Saints on Friday was really special; defence in first 20 of second half snuffed out their rally inspired by Walsh and Rhinos finished strongly. 6 points clear at this stage of season is a very decent cushion. Giants at Headingley in CC will be a close game.
I find Union too slow and boring to watch LV . Sinny will be well suited to that slower pace and his kicking abilities will be a major asset to Carnegie.
Rhino White
Whilst we are handling the current transition with aplomb i'd still very much be cautious bigger tests lay ahead and our recruitment for 2016 will also be vital as to how we take the next step in that transitional phase.
Daniel the Rhinos are everything LUFC aren't they grow and nurture their own but they also retain them whilst supplementing them with quality signings around them ,it's a well run Club from top to bottom board room and Coaches on the same wave length and the fan-base not treated like sh##.
Admittedly i think we could handle the squad transition better i.e started sooner namely last year but they are light years ahead of LUFC in every aspect.
LUID
So RW are we signing Rapira and Widdop from NRL ?
Rhino White
LUID- Rapira is "rumoured" to be a done deal but i have my doubts ,whereas with Widdop the interest/offer is genuine but i think he'll stay in the NRL.
With plenty of our salary cap allowance to spend i'd expect 2 arrivals minimum also as "unbelievable" as it may sound don't be surprised if we eventually snare Sam Burgess.
LUID
Thanks RW. Wow , what a signing and statement of intent he (SB)would be.
LUID
A bad night at the office on Friday ! Tony Smith seems to know how to set his team's up to get the better of us. Looking forward to seeing a positive reaction at Huddersfield on Thursday ahead of the reverse fixture for the CC later next month.
LUID
Well what a roller coaster of a game v Giants last night ; superb defence from Rhinos in second half despite conceding 3 tries and could have snatched it at death. Ref was poor all night for me . Odd not having Sinny in the 17 but what a show of faith in Sutty and the other youngsters by BM. 
LUID
Not a performance to be proud of at Widnes ; mid-season slump appears to be upon us again - reckon Sinny will be back for Saturday's CC game v Giants. We need him for his kicking anyway.
Rhino White
Cracking Cup win against one of our bogey teams of recent years and a vast improvement on the last 3wks performances.
I do think Sutcliffe should stay at 6 though and put Sinfield back at 13.
Hopefully we can kick on again in the SL and maintain top spot.
LUID
Yes on all of that RW ; Delaney being injured may force that on BM anyway.
Rhino White
Yea BD just can't get an injury free run it may be time to start looking for a replacement imo especially with the imminent departures of JP ,Kylie ,Sinfield ,Burrow and the biscuit boned Jjb.
LUID
So Beep Beep gets new 2 year contract - should stop the he's "off to Cas " rumours once and for all.
LUdacris
LUID wrote:
So Beep Beep gets new 2 year contract - should stop the he's "off to Cas " rumours once and for all.

He might sign for them...when he's 60! PMSL
[ulufc_banner_2018] 

Your 365 days-a-year, 24/7 moderator...unless it's Christmas
...or New Year...or Bank Holiday...or a weekend, then I'm outta here.