Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

andyl

Here are a few observations I have made during the past few weeks. 

1. Laura “look at me” Koonsberg, BBC’s political correspondent.

An ego bigger than the village I live in. Why use normal words when hyperbole will do instead. Even most of her questions to the politicians are dramatic and sensationalist.

2. Nicola Sturgeon 

Blimey,  I wouldn’t have been surprised  if she would have turned up to her press meetings painted up like Hollywood’s vision of Robert the Bruce. Early on used “ I “ a lot when making announcements. For example, “ Until I feel it’s safe, I won’t change things”. 

It certainly felt to me that her decision making was more “ look what I can do different”

Used to respect her as a strong politician. She’s just self centred like all the others...... and that brings me on to all the devolved governments....

3. Stupid that England, Scotland Northern Ireland and particularly Wales have all had differing methods for coping with the virus. Wales only just lifting the 5 mile travelling ban in a country that is predominantly rural seems harsh on the population. A United Kingdom? Not in health that’s for sure.

4. Football is she.ite without crowds.

5. Everyone who uses “ uptick” should have a bolt gun put to their foreheads. A totally annoying fecking way of saying increase. All ticks go up you morons. Talk properly.

6. I get the feeling that the media almost want a resurgence in this virus. I’ve never seen the media be so dramatic. They are always on the worst cases scenario like a ton of bricks. Just seen a news article on Melbourne in Australia about a spike in cases, using phrases like “ could result in another wave”. There were 126 extra cases in a population of nearly 5 million.

The Great Ormsby
Couldn't agree more - about Wee Kranky Sturgeon in particular. ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
All valid points Andy.

The media are only happy when everything is going t1ts up, and that Laura women is just a cocky b1tch who always asks a stupid confrontation question, Hugh Pimm she isn't, he asks a good question 9/10. 

World  Champion
BB

So where was the spike when the BLM marched in tens of thousands all over the country 3/4 weeks ago? Many not wearing face masks and no social distancing. Too many on furlough are happy to do nothing and get paid. The 20% loss in income covers their travel costs and living expenses when working. They are better off! 

Come on! The world needs to move on and get back to living!

BB
Kingcurrie
Im sick of hearing "it's the new normal" 

I had never experienced such an exercise in media driven fear and guilt installed in the public psychie.
The number of deaths don't justify the reaction.
We are a tribal species but it seems the powers that be are carrying out a mad experiment of isolation.
I really miss the peacock beer garden and elland road, embracing total strangers in an explosion of ecstasy when Leeds score.
Tony Currie10
Kingcurrie wrote:

I had never experienced such an exercise in media driven fear and guilt installed in the public psychie.
We are a tribal species but it seems the powers that be are carrying out a mad experiment of isolation.
I really miss the peacock beer garden and elland road, embracing total strangers in an explosion of ecstasy when Leeds score.

Fkn pervert.... I've felt your wandering hands when 'embracing' before.... you don't even like football 

2020 MONEY MAN CHAMPION

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
andyl

Kingcurrie wrote:

Spot on about the media.

Just one example. I have a super fit friend who has been taking her recently bereaved mother into her household since her father died in March. Despite this being against the regulations she is totally paranoid about going about her normal life. Ironic really.

Living in Wales doesn’t help matters with their, up until recently, tight restriction on travel. 

She seem to take all the extremes and headlines to heart. I think she is not alone.

Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Kingcurrie wrote:

That saying makes me want to smash my tv up. 

World  Champion
andyl
So Scottish flyers have to quarantine when they come back from Spain.  In England, Northern Ireland and even Wales you don’t have to.

Bloody crazy. What makes the advice different in Scotland? Nicola” I’m going to do it my way” Sturgeon once more?
Macwhite
andyl wrote:
So Scottish flyers have to quarantine when they come back from Spain.  In England, Northern Ireland and even Wales you don’t have to.

Bloody crazy. What makes the advice different in Scotland? Nicola” I’m going to do it my way” Sturgeon once more?

She is just anti English...Period!
Therefore anything we announce, she will do the opposite...An awful Woman and definitely a candidate for most awful Woman on the planet!
Bull Thick With Drink

You think thats bad
People in Northern Ireland as from this morning can travel south to Dublin Airport / fly to Spain / fly back into Dublin Airport and head up North again without any 14 day quarantine either way or when crossing any European border. Yet people from any where in the republic cant make the same journey (staying inside Europe) without self imposing themselves to the 14 day quarantine, fcking couldnt make that sh*te up.  

[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010