Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

thackleywhite
How many matches do players have to take the knee for? Is it every game from now on?  brentford v WBA just taken the knee again..

Soopaleeds
They don't have to Thackers....
They choose to and they are welcome to do so for as long as they feel the message needs to get out there. Or am I missing something? ðŸ˜•
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
thackleywhite
Yes i think you may be missing something.  Black Lives Matter is an organisation with political aims. Therefore it should have no place for support within sport.  Political organisations are not to be supported within the Premier League at least.  Not sure what the EFL's stance is (though i should imagine it is similar).   BLM aims to abolish the police, prisons and stop capitalism.  The 'Kick it out' organisation (to get rid of racism within football) has no political aims and therefore is more than welcome within sport. Premier league players are banned from showing political support, religious, personal slogans, statement or images or advertising. They have been put under pressure to do just that via their stupid employers and aggitating main stream media.

The mainstream media has not so far informed the general public as to what the ultimate aims of this organisation are (those i mentioned above).

Since the movement's inception, BLM activists have made no secret of their true motives. Opal Tometi, one of the group's three founders, confessed to media that “police brutality and extrajudicial killing” was just “a spark point” to begin “calling for the defunding of police”.

My feeling is that the movement has the potential to set back race relations in the UK and elsewhere by several decades through its divisive rhetoric.

A society like the UK's, in which the major cracks run along the lines of class and not race, must unite under the more inclusive banner of "All Lives Matter"in my opinion or risk descending into tribalism, the likes of which threaten the fabric of what is a pretty liberal society which, for the most part, prides itself on colour-blindness.  We are believe it or not a very diverse and tolerant nation despite what you may see in the main stream media, who are nothing more than aggitators.   This ignorance and turning a blind eye mentality will act as nothing but unwitting recruitment sergeants for the far right and the very political BLM.  Just my take on it but one i feel is probably shared by much of the public.

Soopaleeds
Wow. Just wow.

There was nothing "political" about George Floyd's death fella.
There's nothing "political" about the sustained and establishment elitism in this country. There's no diversity or tolerance when you look up police arrest and stop & search stats. If the BLM movement want equality in the eyes of the law that's not political it's just logical and long overdue.
If you like good conspiracy theories you can read some more rubbish about Opal Tometi in the Thefederalist.com and Thespectator.com, along with other right wing propaganda peddlers in the USA
Best stick to facebook posts, you'll feel welcome there. No more responses from me on this thread. Good night.
Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
thackleywhite
I agree there was nothing political about his death. There is a lot political about BLM and what it represents though.  The elitism you talk about is the middle and upper classes..the so called white privilege belongs to them.  Yep you tell a single mother with 2 kids living from a food bank and universal credit not paid in time that she's white privileged'!  You tell the 22 year old white kid who's applied for 56 jobs with no interview that he's white privileged!

You choose to go with the main stream media view of what BLM represent. How they are going about their movement and protests is going to do nothing but divide and cause them ultimately damage. You do not have the sense to see that. And like the vasy majority who support BLM you are either too stupid to understand what they truly represent or too spineless to oppose it for fear of being labelled something you are not. Your choice...........it's a a free world (sort of!).  To be honest i'm amazed i got any response at all.

ishotamancinreno
Once a twat.   Always a twat! 
.... WHEN I WAS JUST A BABY
     MY MOMMA TOLD ME  'SON,
     ALWAYS BE A GOOD BOY
     & DONT YOU FOLLOW SCUM'
     BUT I SHOT A MANC IN RENO
     JUST TO WATCH HIM DIE!!!     

SeasideWhite
Thackers that's ignorant nonsense.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man
The wife's neice 20 yr old pointed to an article that the BLM protests reduced the spread of Covid 19. 
She didn't actually read the full article,  she just got on her high horse that people were ignorant when they said they were daft to protest during a pandemic.
The article actually said that the people at the protest where at a greater risk, the protests did however make other people sensibly stay at home as they didn't want to get caught up in it which obviously reduced their risk.

Statistics eh, best to think about them sometimes than just shoot your mouth off at the headlines.

The average amount of legs a person has is less than 2.
World  Champion
thackleywhite
Did any of you retards actually read what i posted?

anyway seems BLM is losing support with the Premier League now and ex footballers. PL issued a statement today. I told you it was political and divisive and cos thackers said that well............

https://twitter.com/karlhenry08?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/Alexa_Kantor/status/1277305594500861952

If any of you are capable of reading and able to stop butt fu88ing each other for 5 minutes you might learn something.

Trouble with you divs is you never question anything if it diverts from the popular...  lol
thackleywhite
Once a twat.   Always a twat! 

But not as big a twat as you..........obviously.👍
thackleywhite
I  thought what i posted was reasonable. Alas nobody seems to think so. Apologies for any offence i caused anybody with name calling.  I never for a minute said i didn't support the feeling or sentiment against racism not just within sport but society. I was trying to point out the failings of the BLM organisation politically not the sentiment that surrounds what happens when racism occurs. If people are not willing to try and understand that then there's not much i can do about it. Best of luck to LUFC and you fella's.  Lets hope we go up..
andyl
Get what you are saying Thackers.

When emotions are high it’s understandable to criticise anyone who speaks out, however, well balanced, who point out the extremes of such movements. Every political / religious organisation seems to have it’s extreme element, and the BLM political arm is no different.

From people I have spoken too since the appalling incident, it seems the extreme views are turning people away from the real issues we have. Things need to change that is patently obvious. It’s a real shame the extremists always get the disproportionate amount of press as extremism always has people reaching for the off button, or indeed a reason to turn away from the issues.

For me , in my line of work, where I visit different work places every week, racism is worse that any government would ever admit. We need to educate the young constantly so their ignorant elders cannot imprint their racist views. Until we break this chain we will never have an equal society race wise.
Bull Thick With Drink
If any of you are capable of reading and able to stop butt fu88ing each other for 5 minutes you might learn something.

WTF??????????

I dont know you from adam TW but thats just bang out of order, just cause some may / may not agree with someone on here gives nobody the right to throw sh*t like this.

First of all i can read, i dont butt fork anybody and finally learn off you? if this is what you are teaching then im glad im not in your classroom.

Any by the way your so called apology (2 posts up) isnt accepted by me anyway, everyone else can make their own mind up.

Dont be such a keyboard warrior TW, everyone is entitled to their own opinion whether you or i agree with them is a different matter but youve crossed the line in my book.

[165px-Leeds_United_Logo] 

Lastman Standing Champion 2014 Lastman Standing Champion 2012
LUFC Prediction League Winner 2009/2010

The Dukes Guts

thaks I don’t normally agree with your rhetoric but in this case I do agree with what you posted. The BLM has used the tragic and totally unnecessary death of G F to further their push towards destabilising society for their benefit. Now no one can say anything in case the race card is thrown on the table, statues being defaced by people that have no idea who the statues are of and the idiotic idea of defunding the police. Anyway no matter what your belief, I cannot fathom how this political statement has manifested itself on our sport. It was only a couple of years ago that the FA got in trouble From FIFA for allowing poppies to be worn on Remembrance Day and that represents all people who died in war not a particular race or nation. 

Each to their own but debate is a wonderful thing so all ideas are welcome even if we don’t agree with them.

Bull Thick With Drink
See TW what the dukes guts just posted is how to get your point across he hasnt belittled anyone, he hasnt questioned anyones educational capabilities or fired insults to those that may have a different opinion.

TDG could teach you a thing or two about being respectful towards others

Tony Currie10
See TW what the dukes guts just posted is how to get your point across he hasnt belittled anyone, he hasnt questioned anyones educational capabilities or fired insults to those that may have a different opinion.

TDG could teach you a thing or two about being respectful towards others

Totally agree with you on this Bull.... 

I have my own thoughts in my mind about various posters but keep them to myself.... 

For instance, I may think you're a Class A clown but have enough respect for you to not let you know or dare post your bumbling attributes ....

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Bull Thick With Drink
😂😂😂😂 TC10

You dont want to know what i think of you😉

Lord Snoddy Weather Man
Like the old days this. Debate,  retard accusations. 
They are still taking a knee. Just done it at Hull now. 
World  Champion
Tony Currie10

Some of the players look like Bruce Forsyth when they put their fist under their chin on their knees.... can I say that or would it be deemed as 'wiggest'?

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
batty4
Thacks I read it right for sure, nothing wrong with what you said you negative old Barsteward
EFL IS CORRUPT
BB
Taking the knee is more powerful in the USA when the National Anthem is sung. There it is conscious racism, here it is more subconscious. 
BB