Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
SeasideWhite

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #1 
First proper gig
The Alarm at Leeds University Union 1983(ish)

Last gig
The Specials at Scarborough Spa 2019.

High spots in between
Madness, Selector, Wedding Present, REM, Housemartins, Pogues.

Favourite gigs by those not overly famous
Mousefolk, the driscolls, milltown brothers, buttermountain boys.

Anyone (all of you) got better taste?
Anyone got an LP by Mousefolk?

Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #2 
First gig Status Quo at Blackpool Winter Gardens 1977.....And just about every year since, up until Rick Parfitt died! (Although at various different venues incl scouseland and scumchester, Carlisle & IOM)
Gigs in between include Dr. Feelgood at Lancaster Uni 1978, Thin Lizzy at Preston Guild Hall In 78 or 79
Garry Glitter about 3 years running, Christmas at Preston Guild Hall in the 80’s....Yes Really! FFS!
The Nolan Sisters at Park Hall, Charnick Richard in 80/81 ish....Cos my m8 was mad on them!
Drifters in N Ireland 97/98 ish during Ulster GP week.
Oh and Bay City Rollers 2 years ago in Morecambe! I fookin screamed and everything!! LOL
And best of all Deep Purple in Bangkok 2006 ish....Fookin amazing....And so was the partying afterwards!! Haha😁

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #3 
First gig was either Culture Club, Showaddywaddy, China Crisis or Roman Holiday at Dunstable Queensway Hall.... sad!!

Also saw OMD, Fiction Factory, Tears for Fears, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, Blue Zoo, Lotus Eaters there. Also saw Gary Glitter and Mud!!

Still go to an 80s weekend every year in Butlins which is full of cr-ap cheesy bands but a great crack....

My music has changed a lot since then to indie and I still go down to London and see up and coming bands....

Seen b-Movie, who are from Mansfield and still gigging, many times who were gonna be the next Spandau or Duran.....

Love Bauhaus, Fields of the Nephelim, Sisters of Mercy, The Damned, The Chameleons, The Mission and seen them. Would have loved to see The Ramones and The Bridewell Taxis from Leeds ....

More recent bands I've seen include Fontaines DC, The Rifles, Palma Violets, Little Man Tate and loads more I can't remember!

Next gig was Ash on Friday at The Roundhouse but that's obviously been cancelled....

Fell on my feet here when we had to checkout the hotel and Florida had no flights back as they're all cancelled. Mate has a beautiful 4 bed villa only 15 miles away with a swimming pool and games room etc etc! We've had 4 boiling hot days of sunshine in the high 80s. Getting a flight back tomorrow but I think I'd rather stay here by the sounds of things!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #4 
Hawkwind silver machine era
Most memorable rem Dunstable about 50 people in the crowd
Favourite the cult electric tour at Hammersmith odion
Best Metallica at Olympia was up stairs right above the stage we could see behind the curtain backstage
Last the subways Hitchin 85 club

Saw the ramones 1st uk tour at Cambridge corn exchange u2 under a blood red sky ?at Brixton was a blast the tube guys were on a work to rule a few thousand people were being stopped and asked for tickets a mini riot started as we all jumped the barriers as only two trains left after the gig cops in riot guy dogs the lot
The Great Ormsby

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #5 
Best gigs were Jam farewell at Wembley Arena and what I think was Stranglers last gig with Hugh at Ally Pally. Lucky enough to see Buzzcocks not long before Pete Shelley died. Seen The Damned a few times and always good value. Streets were brilliant in Manchester recently, as was Jah Wobble.

Most intimate gig was Joan As Policewoman solo at Epstein Theatre in Liverpool. We all fell completely in love with her but she won't return our messages...

Quite into seeing new indie bands now: Bodega; Pip Blom; Fontaines DC; Shame. Warmduscher and Lovely Eggs both cancelled upcoming gigs 😢.
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #6 
I wrote a long reply but then it disappeared and can't be bothered doing it again. So in short

1st - Inspiral carpets 1988 fibers york
Last - Shed 7 at 1st direct last year
Best - interpol at the Royal Albert Hall
Next one should have been Nick Cave at leeds but for some reason it's been cancelled.

Other favourites The mars Volta. The Walkmen. Stone roses.The Weathermen. Depeche mode. Happy mondays. Pixies

Currently listening to not a great deal. I think this whole virus thing has killed my mojo

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #7 

Thank fk that wasn't a long reply Lord Sunnytits....some good bands on there though 👍

Not too sure about The Weathermen though!!?

At Miami Airport now and should be home by Monday fkn lunchtime.... would much rather stay here in the boiling sun though even if Lord Brightflaps predicted a cold spell in Florida

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

Thank fk that wasn't a long reply Lord Sunnytits....some good bands on there though 👍

Not too sure about The Weathermen though!!?

At Miami Airport now and should be home by Monday fkn lunchtime.... would much rather stay here in the boiling sun though even if Lord Brightflaps predicted a cold spell in Florida

I was just joshing with "The Weathermen" like, ironically not a fan tbh.

Have a wonderful flight home then a wonderful few months confined to your damp one bed flat in the ar.se end of Luton. I will be thinking of you from Snodgrass Towers where the herons run free.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #9 
Kingcurrie

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #10 
1st gig= Bad manners

Last gig= Paul Weller

Best gig= Either the pogues or primal scream (I was off my napper on ecstasy/I know it's not big or clever but it happened)

Highlights= oasis, the coral, the beat, gomez, the waterboys

Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #11 
If you could have seen any band in their pomp that you haven't seen who would it be.

Not an easy one cos I've seen all the bands from my generation that I wanted to see.
Probably have to say an old band like the Rolling Stones in their pomp not now like. How are they still all alive !.
Bob Dylan supporting.

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #12 
Would love to have seen The Clash, Blondie and The Specials in the late 70s but I was only 10.

stevethemouse

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #13 
never saw the clash but blondie and the specials i have
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #14 
First gig...Rory Gallagher 1978 at a just opened Birmingham NEC. It was just a big open shed.

Best gig....AC/DC 1983 ish on the Back In Black tour at Sheffield City Hall.

Last gig before it all shut down....Joanne Shaw Taylor in Gloucester.

Band I would have loved to have seen would be Free.
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #15 
First proper gig
Genesis at Earls Court in 76

Last gig
From the Jam, this year

High spots in between
The Who, Cast, Elton John, The Jam, Rod Stewart, Stereophonics, Quo, Dire Straits, Kaiser Chiefs, loads of punk and new wave bands like the Damned and the Stranglers

Favourite gigs by those not overly famous
The Beat, Wurzels

Anyone (all of you) got better taste?
Use to like a band called Horslips

Bands I would have loved to have seen,
U2, Queen, The Clash--Joe Strummer lived down the road from me, The Alarm, Fleetwood Mac

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #16 
STM
The drummer from Hawkwind ruse to pop in to our local dressed as a women. I think he said he lives in Seaton now but not sure

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #17 
Pink Floyd - best live band imo

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alba White
Pink Floyd - best live band imo

Good call. Wish I'd seen them

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #19 
Wish I'd seen The Clash and Led Zep in their prime.
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4
STM
The drummer from Hawkwind ruse to pop in to our local dressed as a women. I think he said he lives in Seaton now but not sure

The lead singer of Queen used to pop in my local dressed in women's clothing and bandying a hoover about....

Kingcurrie

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #21 
Would have loved to have seen the Who.
And the jam.
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:

The lead singer of Queen used to pop in my local dressed in women's clothing and bandying a hoover about....

Did you swap dress patterns and compare shoes?
Alba White

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #23 
The Who - 2nd best live band I’ve seen - could’ve seen them again on their last tour but having only 2 of original left I declined, keeping memories of what a fantastic show I witnessed.
(Heard the last tour wasn’t great - shame ☹️)

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #24 
I forgot to metion ELO, they shocked me and were absolutely brilliant!

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevethemouse
Hawkwind silver machine era
Most memorable rem Dunstable about 50 people in the crowd
Favourite the cult electric tour at Hammersmith odion
Best Metallica at Olympia was up stairs right above the stage we could see behind the curtain backstage
Last the subways Hitchin 85 club

Saw the ramones 1st uk tour at Cambridge corn exchange u2 under a blood red sky ?at Brixton was a blast the tube guys were on a work to rule a few thousand people were being stopped and asked for tickets a mini riot started as we all jumped the barriers as only two trains left after the gig cops in riot guy dogs the lot

Yeah I forgot you said you been to The Queensway.... can't remember REM ever having played there though and what a coup for the venue.

If I remember, I'm sure Hawkwind used to be on there all the time /every month, although I could be wrong on that.... they may have been from around my way but didn't know that.

Been to Hitchin 85 Club as well....

EDIT: Just looked at bands who've played at The Queensway and realised I also seen Theatre of Hate, The Alarm, Blancmange, Big Country and Marillion (for some unknown reason)

They also played host to The Stranglers, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, The Pretenders, Saxon, Motorhead, Level 42, Judas Priest, Slade, Blondie, The Clash, AC/DC etc.... I didn't realise that all these bands played there!!

Joe Strummer was busking outside at one gig and we walked straight past.... by the time we heard it was him, it was packed with people round him and we could only hear him.

The Queensway has now been turned into a fkn Asda....!!

Lord Snoddy Weather Man

The Weather Man
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:

Have they got any bog roll

Unofficial Shortarse
Reply with quote  #27 
Na
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.