Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #51 
MB that not being stuborn, plain stupid. 
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #52 
There's an argument he can't put the ball into the net himself, but he needs to seriously review what the players do in training and think about getting in a set pieces and/or strikers coach. The efforts from Alioski, Harrison and Bamford in front of goal have all been dreadful.
Poor old Dallas seems to be the only one who can hit a ball straight, so he's the one taking shots now.

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #53 
We should have been out of sight by half time!
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #54 
I think i may have predicted this result!  it's not difficult though is it. The sooner Radz sells up to QSI the better. We desperately need a striker and creative midfielder..   These sorts of performances are becoming way too common.  Chairman isn't able to do anythjing about it and neither is the so called best manager in the world...

Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #55 
….in 13 of the last league games Macwhite.

Yet here we are [angry]

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #56 
Phew - that puts gloss on a bad night.

A striker finally scores, and guess who?

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #57 
That's rocket science. But i'm still fuming!!!!!
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #58 
Finally, Eddie is going to be take the place, up-front. No way, Bamford can keep him out any longer.
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #59 
Well Eddie has to start on Saturday...That’s a no brainer, even Bielsa must see now!
Soopaleeds

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #60 
what's grating at me is that Bamford's work and holdup play suits us and has a place, but we have a guy like Ryan Edmundson in the wings who is as big as Bamford and can't be any worse in front of goal - why not give him a go if we have to play this way?

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #61 
We cannot seriously continue with Bamford missing 3,4 or more chances every game so it has to be changed somehow!
Danish Leeds Fan

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #62 
True enough, Soopa, but our centre forward should also create danger and score or create goals! The pairing Bamford-Eddie has never really been tested, but on paper it should work. Except it would be against Bielsa’s plan A, B and C (4-5-1!).
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #63 
Looked a penalty to me, not surprised the ref bottled it.

batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #64 
Well at least my run will carry on into another game [happy-dancing]

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #65 
MB was waiting for Bamford's game to slow down?

What about the fact it looked he could play for another 100 years and still not score!
We all know Bamford's confidence is shot, but MB just doesn't want to see it..
His sticking with Bamford has cost us 2pts this evening alone.
Rant over.

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #66 
That looked a penalty!  Kevin Friend is yet another bent ref!   What is it with Bielsa and his absolute insistence in playing the Donkey Bamford.  He's fu-cking sh-it and he should be dropped and sold.  He won't improve and MB's stubborn approach is wearing thin on the Bamford issue.  Also to be fair it's not just bamford's fault. Generally we have a bunch of players who collectively score very little.

LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #67 

Wasn’t a penalty from the second angle I saw, close but clean enough that I would be very unhappy if given against us.
i thought Beradi had a poor game tonight and I am usually first to champion him. He was caught twisting towards the ball and being caught switching back when his timing was off, allowing their forwards to nick in. They had one counter, one shot and one goal which is a very familiar statistic so, ignoring not scoring, why does one counter attack invariably happen which results in a goal? I’ve watched hundreds of matches but i couldn’t say when was the last time a defensively decent team was so easy to predict in this manner. I’m confused with that element of our play, is it Forshaw? Is it not having Pablo scaring teams on to the back foot? I don’t think it’s Cooper’s absence as it happened before his injury too (although as per my previous comment we are missing him). 

I would say to Eddie “You start the next game son, you’ve got until half time to convince me you can last 70 minutes or Pat comes on at half time”. It solves a few things. Firstly the fans can see if they’re right. secondly, I think Eddie is a ‘give me a challenge’ kind of player. Thirdly having Pat on the pitch at the end of the games when we want the ball to stick up front would be very useful. Lastly it releases the pressure from Bamford whilst he is clearly struggling. 

a second thought though, what about dropping Klitch to the bench, dropping Bamford into his role (Bamford’s link up play is pretty important at the moment to the team) and pushing Eddie up front. We know Marcelo though, he will allow players to play through the droughts in form, its his way and you know what you’re getting when you sign a man of his stature. 

Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #68 

It's the first time this season that the opposition put THREE players on the edge of OUR area for EVERY place kick by Kiki....I can't remember him being able to pass 5yds to our CBs in the area ONCE to build from the back.

He had to keep kicking it long which makes it a 50/50 ball. We couldn't start ANY possession as we usually do....

Teams will look at that and start pressing US now!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #69 
Good point TC . The high press is a taste of our own medicine . Little creativity all night . We need a number 10 .
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #70 
We knew this was going to happen since before the game so why didn't we plan for it?  Alex O neil said he was going ti fight fire with fire last night and that is what he did Kiko's distribution was poor last night but we wouldn't be talking about this if we were 4-0 up at half time

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #71 
We're very lucky we had Philips controling midfield and protecting the back four.
The combination of Klich and Dallas as playmakers in CMF doesn't really come of.
Felt both had sort of quiet games, as in general Klich's comes to life higher up the pitch and Dallas looks a bit lost in the CMF position.
Bera nearly gifted them a goal (Casilla rescued us) with that careless backpass and got caught out a few times especially when he was on the left.
Was happy to see Roberts making an impact (seemed up well up for it).  
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #72 
Quote:
Originally Posted by batty4
We knew this was going to happen since before the game so why didn't we plan for it?  Alex O neil said he was going ti fight fire with fire last night and that is what he did Kiko's distribution was poor last night but we wouldn't be talking about this if we were 4-0 up at half time

Which we should have been!!!
Yet again, we were miles better than the opposition, yet came away with the same points as them! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #73 
bright side teams have lost at their gaff we didn't Prestgon are no mugs, yes we should have beat them, but hopefully we will see eddie starting from here on

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
bite your legs

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #74 
Groundhog day comes to mind with every game, and hard as it is to defend Bamford,maybe we should look closer as why a prolific goalscorer seems so out of touch in front of goal.
My take on it is, although we play a fantastic system, very much the same as Man City, we don't have the right personal to carry it off, City have a fluent forward front three all capable of scoring goals put that against our lot,Hernandez Harrison Costa and Klich, have scored four goals in thirteen games between them, nine have been scored between Bamford and Nketia, so why are we not trying to integrate these two into our system? What i would try is those two up top with Roberts tooked in behind pulling the strings,our width would come from wing backs Dallas or Ayling on one side Alioski or Harrison on the other side, three midfielders, Phillips holding, and a choice of either Forshaw Shackleton Hernandez or Klich, in front of our two regular cbs.
Just my opinion.
BB

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #75 
Roberts looked sharp, bright and inventive in his last few appearances.

I would start him v Wendie in the No 10 role and put Klich on the bench.

Bamford works hard and I hope the goals will start to flow soon to reward his efforts. Eddie may not contribute as much to team play but give him a chance and he will score. For that reason and with Roberts playing in the No.10 role, Eddie would be my pick to start v Wendies.

Pace and guild from our front 4: Harrison Roberts Costa and Eddie.

Means we can adopt a more solid approach at the back and not go gung ho.

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.