Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Tony Currie10

Is this squad good enough with what I think are REALISTIC targets? I'm still spending fortunes on a squad which may not be good enough!!

Will Bielsa change much? Will he bring in cheaper foreign imports?

I've gone for no out and out superstars and still spent more than I think we will.... it's gonna be tough without an injection of dosh sprinkled with a bit of Bielsa magic....

The first figure is how much I reckon they'll cost and the 2nd figure is how much wages they'll cost p/w.... obviously only MY predicted figures!!

Hart free 40k

Milner free 60k
White 20m 30k
Robin Koch 12m 30k
Danny Rose free 45k

Kalvin 40k

Costa 15m 30k
Klich 30k
Luke Freeman 8m 25k
Harrison 8m 40k

Augustin 18m 40k

Subs:
Meslier 5m 20k
Ayling 25k
Coops 25k
Dallas 20k
Forshaw 20k
Alioski 20k
Poveda 20k
Shackleton 15k
Pablo 20k
Defoe free 40k
Bamford 40k

I'd like to add Mitrovic to this but think that would be another 40m transfer + 60k pw wages....

Our bench is basically our team from this season but I don't think we could afford more than that!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
enochs extra leg
Tony Currie10 wrote:

Is this squad good enough with what I think are REALISTIC targets? I'm still spending fortunes on a squad which may not be good enough!!

I've gone for no out and out superstars and still spent more than I think we will.... it's gonna be tough without an injection of dosh sprinkled with a bit of Bielsa magic....

The first figure is how much I reckon they'll cost and the 2nd figure is how much wages they'll cost p/w.... obviously only MY predicted figures!!

Hart free 40k

Milner free 60k
White 20m 30k
Robin Koch 12m 30k
Danny Rose free 45k

Kalvin 40k

Costa 15m 30k
Klich 30k
Luke Freeman 8m 25k
Harrison 8m 40k

Augustin 18m 40k

Subs:
Meslier 5m 20k
Ayling 25k
Coops 25k
Dallas 20k
Forshaw 20k
Alioski 20k
Poveda 20k
Shackleton 15k
Pablo 20k
Defoe free 40k
Bamford 40k

I'd like to add Mitrovic to this but think that would be another 40m transfer + 60k pw wages....

Our bench is basically our team from this season but I don't think we could afford more than that!!

I would love us to bid for Eze from QPR and Watkins from Brentford or Pukki from Norwich.along with Ben White & Milner.im reserving judgment on big Kev,see how he does when the season resumes.
Belgiantoo
Should we get to the Premiership I just can't see MB changing the first 11 as much as you propose TC.
Think he'll often use the likes of Ayling, Pablo, Coops, Dallas, Bamford in his starting 11.
Can't see Costa being anything more than an impact/fringe player in the premiership.
Jury's still out on Augustin, hasn't had his chance to show us what he can do. 

Suppose/hope Casilla will leave so we'll need a new goalie.
Even if we can get White I would still like us to sign another CB.
A strong/experienced left fullback and ditto midfielder (mentioned the lad Eze months ago) are also needed! James Milner could play in either of those positions;
Striker position obviously remains another top priority (would much prefer Pukki to Defoe).

Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign (loan) a fair number from foreign leagues.
Soopaleeds
Orta spoke last night to BBC about a change in emphasis - better value, looking wider and youth getting a chance.
I agree with you Belgiantoo - I have no doubt after seeing the Arsenal first half (FAC) Bielsa will use what he has in the main and they will be good enough to cope.

Meslier is a step up on Casilla, no doubt at all - he can cut it, so we actually have room for a backup without breaking the bank if Casilla f*&4*s off
Ayling is tuned in to the RB slot
We could use a proper left back (not Milner, he would be competing with Klich/Kalvin and replacing Forshaw)
Coops would stay and still be captain and he's deserved it - when was the last calamity? we do need 1 more CB but as squad cover not as an upgrade unless we can't keep White.
The only real challenges to be addressed are Costa (needs to show more), Bamford (clearly short on something for the Prem) and Hernandez long term replacement.

Everybody has a story to tell.     That's why I hide at home [facepalm-smiley-emoticon]
Tony Currie10

Just seen an article on Foyth and we've been heavily linked to him, on loan, for the last couple of years. I'm sure Spurs won't play him and only have him as a back up....

I do think he's got massive potential and could come to us on loan, or even buy him as a cheapish option.... if there is such a thing.

He's a Bielsa type of player....

However, what reminded me about him was an article this morning that he's linked to Barca!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
thackleywhite
Tony Currie10 wrote:

Hart free 40k

Milner free 60k
White 20m 30k
Robin Koch 12m 30k
Danny Rose free 45k

Kalvin 40k

Costa 15m 30k
Klich 30k
Luke Freeman 8m 25k
Harrison 8m 40k

Augustin 18m 40k

Subs:
Meslier 5m 20k
Ayling 25k
Coops 25k
Dallas 20k
Forshaw 20k
Alioski 20k
Poveda 20k
Shackleton 15k
Pablo 20k
Defoe free 40k
Bamford 40k

Crikey your first eleven would see us relegated before xmas!  LOL.  it's pants
you have a better first eleven on the flippin bench.

andyl
Love Milner like we all would and would bring much needed Premiership experience. But is he a Bielsa player given his age? We also know he’s one of the fittest players around so that wouldn’t be an issue.

Joe Hart? Not for me. Not a keeper to play out like Bielsa wants.

We need to splash out on a striker that’s for sure. A weakness now and not addressed would be a recipe for a swift return. I don’t even have a suggestion although I assume the manager has been doing his research.
stevethemouse
Chea? Adams is being mentioned as going cheap
andyl
Unproven at a higher level. Decent squad member potentially

We need to have a player that both fits with the managers philosophy and has the goals at the required level.

Not easy.