Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Sheppey Show full post »
Skygod
Serious question - How old are you ParisWhites?

RM has an employment contract with LUFC. They are contracted to pay him money until 2017 and he is contracted to play to the best of his ability until 2017.

Please explain how you think he has a 'due right' to renege on his contract?
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Seb_Sorsa
ParisWhites wrote:

I think he deserves credit for staying with the club when he could've gone to the Premier League for the past two seasons. Arguably he had every right to demand a transfer request in January.

I think he deserves huge credit for his performances last year and on the pitch I won't say a bad word about him, But imo he was bang out of order in january throwing his toys out of the pram on public TV, he's the captain of LUFC, our club pays his wages not feckin Brian McDermott.
In....... I trust!
Skygod
 ·  2h

MC "Why should we sell McCormack? He loves it here. If a PL team comes we have to give him the chance but I pledge to keep him here"

·  2h

MC "He's a beautiful player. Me & McCormack keep our promise to the fans. When I make a promise I keep it. Why would I sell him?"

·  2h

MC "Why should we sell our best players? We have to help Leeds get into the Premier League, so we don't waste our good players."

·  2h

MC "The players here will fight for Leeds, 100% they will fight. McCormack is a matter of principle not money."

Kevsandhurst
Yes well we will see if he lives up to those statements, won't we!
LUID
MC also stated he would let Ross make final decision if we received a bid which was a career changer i i assume he means from PL club above his valuation - 10m ?
thevoiceofreason
I actually think 10M is not an over evaluation in the current climate.....Ross was the best striker in the championship last season and that was without great service from midfield.....So if a prem club wants him (and he wants to leave) that badly they can cough up a decent transfer fee,otherwise he remains a Leeds utd player.Thats how I see it and I would guess its pretty much how Cellino sees it aswell.
Daniel2
On the open market McCormacks value would be around 3 to 5 million but his value to us based on last season performance is around 8 to 10 million. Simple as this is it means a bid of 10 million is what we need.
Skygod
I'm not sure that MC was saying that it would have to be 'silly money', but if it were a big Club and it offered the opportunity for RM to step up, then he would let RM consider it.

I certainly got the impression that another Championship Club would be told to "get the feck outta here".

Peterlufc
I think MC has called this correctly.
He des not want his best player in the same league but knows that an offer from a Prem club will be difficult to stop as Ross would want to go.
Sir Rob Vegetable
Skygod wrote:
I'm not sure that MC was saying that it would have to be 'silly money', but if it were a big Club and it offered the opportunity for RM to step up, then he would let RM consider it.

I certainly got the impression that another Championship Club would be told to "get the feck outta here".

I think if we're all honest - we could all probably accept and deal with that.

If he was sold for £8-10m to Fulham, Norwich, Cardiff, Derby, etc then we'd all be pisssed right off that he's chosen another team to get promotion with - and to be honest i don't think Ross would bother moving to another Champ club either.

... but £5-6m to West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle, WBA, Villa, etc and we'd miss him but understand.