Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Unofficial LUFC

Author   Comment  
andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #1 
Is anyone getting a sense of we've been here before?

For me it's similar to last season and the worry for me is that we will end up the same come seasons end.

The huge elephant in the both seasons of Bielsa rule is our lack of chance conversion. Last year Roofe got us goals early season and Pablo was at it. This year Pablo isn't. We can't now rely on his aging legs.

Bamford does puts a shift in, but it seems Bielsa can't fit Nketia into his system. Rumours are he's off to Brizzle in January, where, I assume, he will get more game time. He's first choice for the U21's it seems, so why have him on loan if you are not going to play him? If he goes back who do we replace him with because Edmondson is seemingly further away from the first team than I am. Gale from Newcastle? Not in Bruce's plans but also not playing. also, we know how long it takes for Bielsa to get new players up to speed, so it would be weeks and maybe months before any newbie is let loose.

A lot of us are willing Bamford to start on a run of scoring which would take us clear of the chasing pack, but I am not holding my breath.

I had us going automatic this year when we signed Nketia and Costa but my confidence is waning.

lubyvader

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #2 
no point speculating, we don't know whats happened on the training ground during international break, think tonight will settle some jitters

Outright  Weirdest Poster[arrow-10x10] 2015
LMS WINNER 2015/16
joint best signature 2016/17
Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #3 
Yes it’s a bit scary Andyl, our lack of goals isn’t it?
We will definitely need to strengthen in January unless we can get our boys scoring pretty damned quick.
We cannot blow promotion again this season or we will be fooked for several years, unless a new investor is found, so whatever it costs, the money has to be spent!
Then what do we do with our expensive players that can’t score goals?
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #4 

We HAVE to spend in January....if we can see a pattern then surely the management can!!

The only problem is that Bielsa takes for ever to integrate players in our team....Costa didn't get a look in til recently and Eddie still can't get a start even with our ONLY forward, Hattrick, not scoring at the moment!

10m spent on 2 players would virtually guarantee us promotion....small change to gamble and get 200/300m from the Prem.

What's the point of upgrading our stadium to 50000 capacity to watch Barnsley/Wigan....Luton maybe!

This is our CENTENARY season and Rads would get legendary status....!!

FISHCURRIE PROMOTIONS WORLD CUP 2018 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....

GLENN HODDLE IS THE FUTURE....

LAST MAN STANDING WINNER 2018
EURO U.21's 2017 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
DIMNEST POSTER 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020....
EURO 2016 SWEEPSTAKE WINNER....
3rd PLACE WITH HOLLAND IN ULUFC WORLD CUP SWEEPSTAKE 2014....
JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #5 

....and I know it's onl early but everyone else aren't consistent....the poorer teams will fall away.

I can only see WBA staying round there and maybe Fulham putting a run together at some stage....

JOINT WEIRDEST POSTER 2014....I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me....I think
icelandic white

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #6 
Agree with you mate.
Robert should be given the opportunity instead of the Klinch and Costa have not bin a player that I thought he would by 

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #7 
maby it is time to give Clark a chanse

New Signing
Reply with quote  #8 
With FFP how much can we spend?

I have a feeling it will be more loans.

Costa hasn't done it yet and needs more time and Nketiah isn't figuring much, so we are similar to last season without Roofe's goals.

The biggest worry for me however, is we haven't replaced Pablo's goal contribution, which puts more pressure on Bamford.
Tony Currie10

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #9 

If Pablo was playing, Hattrick would have 15 goals by now....!

Forgot about Clarke even though he's been in bench!!

Sure I read a report about a month ago saying how he's flying in training?

Alba White

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #10 
Unai Emery won’t recall Eddie Nketiah from Leeds despite the youngster not starting for the Championship side.

http://dailycannon.com/2019/10/unai-emery-confirms-he-wont-recall-eddie-nketiah

New Signing
Reply with quote  #11 
Ditto again last night it seems. How many times do you hear " should have been out of sight by halftime?

My faith in the manager is starting to wane a little. Surely he has to start Eddie in more matches.

I never have slagged off a player trying his hardest, however it does seem Bamford is not the answer to us upping our scoring rate. Maybe a spell on the bench will take the pressure off him, and a couple of subs appearances when defences are tired and he is fresh may spark some goals.

Blimey. Starting to sound like Thackers [frown]

LUID

On the subs bench
Reply with quote  #12 
A lack of a playmaker(10) and MB's stubbornness concern me most.
thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #13 
The faults of last season have not been addressed by Radz or Bielsa.  You'd have to ask them why?  It is baffling. It is also very frustrating and very worrying....and very, very fu-cking annoying![angry]

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
Ditto again last night it seems. How many times do you hear " should have been out of sight by halftime?

My faith in the manager is starting to wane a little. Surely he has to start Eddie in more matches.

I never have slagged off a player trying his hardest, however it does seem Bamford is not the answer to us upping our scoring rate. Maybe a spell on the bench will take the pressure off him, and a couple of subs appearances when defences are tired and he is fresh may spark some goals.

Blimey. Starting to sound like Thackers [frown]

If Bamford is a striker then i am John Charles!

batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #15 
I said it before and I am saying it again, Bamford works hard, holds the ball up well and brings others into the game, but he ain't an out and out goalscorer

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #16 

I thought the headline of this thread was gonna be about Battys Tips....

I didn't see Hattrick drop so deep last season as he has done this season. His hold up play and actual close control are actually quite decent and i hadnt recognised them before. ...this makes me sure he would link up perfectly alongside or just behind Eddie.

Klich needs a rest to recharge and his role can be rotated. He does so much unseen work which nobody sees....especially on tv when you can't follow his unseen runs. They are unseen which nobody can see but he's doing a lot of work off the ball for the TEAM with unseen runs. Perhaps we think he's not in the game because of his unseen runs....he is constantly closing down the keeps with unseen runs and the next thing he is covering back with unseen runs and doubling up with our full backs, unseen, to win the ball back....all this with unseen runs.

However, i still think we should rest the unseen non goalscoring cnut to accommodate Eddie....

Macwhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #17 
TC10 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
batty4

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

I didn't see Hattrick drop so deep last season as he has done this season. His hold up play and actual close control are actually quite decent and i hadnt recognised them before. ...this makes me sure he would link up perfectly alongside or just behind Eddie.

Klich needs a rest to recharge and his role can be rotated. He does so much unseen work which nobody sees....especially on tv when you can't follow his unseen runs. They are unseen which nobody can see but he's doing a lot of work off the ball for the TEAM with unseen runs. Perhaps we think he's not in the game because of his unseen runs....he is constantly closing down the keeps with unseen runs and the next thing he is covering back with unseen runs and doubling up with our full backs, unseen, to win the ball back....all this with unseen runs.

However, i still think we should rest the unseen non goalscoring cnut to accommodate Eddie....

Bi-Sexual Cockney Twat!
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Currie10

I thought the headline of this thread was gonna be about Battys Tips....

Well WTF do i/we know about football....?

I've just read that Klich has set up the 2nd most chances in the Championship this season after Jon Swift of Reading....i've always said this is a more important stat than an assist. You have to rely on the person scoring who you've set up to get an assist....surely it's not your fault if they don't put it away!

Apologies to our c-rap bearded Pole....now just start fkn scoring again and you've got the perfect all-round game

thackleywhite

1st Team player
Reply with quote  #20 
As a team we don't score enough. It's not just Bamford's fault.  The team don't score enough. Nice footy rubbish end product.  Should we be worried? Yes. We failed to gain promotion last season because of this.  If we fail for the same reason again it is down right negligent of Radz/Bielsa.

andyl

New Signing
Reply with quote  #21 
Our final ball into the box is pretty woeful at times. Alioski works his socks off but his crosses are often over hit.
It also may be down to the fact that after all the great approach play there are too few options in the box.
Same as last season it seems.
Look down the league at goals scored. We are well below halfway in this regard.
Belgiantoo

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #22 
You're certainly not wrong Andyl. We get in some great positions and when just a 'simple' ball is required we, in general, still manage to mess things up. Is it down to a rush of blood, lack of quality or running out of steam/ideas, but we seem to take the wrong option everytime.

This goes from overhit balls, to looking for the wrong teammate, taking the extra 'needless' touch, trying to pass again when the shot is on, shooting in stead of passing when a teammate is in a better position. Bad habits die hard, and sadly it's not just Alioski who gets this wrong.

Lack of options in the box, that's a fair point, perhaps resulting from playing just the one striker?
Both Bamford and Nketia at times also drop deep to get on the ball.
Klich doesn't seem to make as many runs into the box as he did last season (less efforts on goal) and we've got Pablo missing. Others don't seem to have the knows or instinct to make those kind of runs.  

Mind you, with a bit of luck and more confidence in the side things could change quickly for the better.
Better performance needed than last time out would be a start.
MOT   
LeedsPremChamps2020

Seasoned Pro
Reply with quote  #23 

An interesting stats doing the rounds on Twitter..

Leeds United have 82 points from their last 46 games. There are worries they've dropped off, but in reality they're still racking up a high tally over the equivalent of a full season - WBA the only side above them with 83 points

https://twitter.com/rhysthomas1993/status/1188811462187331586?s=21

it really does matter which side you’re looking at things from to how you twist the stats. 

the positive fans finds ways to show how things aren’t as bad as the doom mongers, the pessimistic equally pointing out stats are meaningless if we are not scoring...

I’m an optimist, I think most know, but it’s somewhere in between the two extremes obviously, the stats are all pointing to a close one we will be involved with, some fans are expecting us to run away with the league, some don’t think we have the players to even mount a challenge properly.
we lost Pontus, replaced him with White,
we lost Roofe, replaced him with Nketiah 
we lost Siaz, replaced him with Costa.
two are loans but that really doesn’t matter in the sort term goal of promotion, the third a loan to perm that had most people happy when announced. We are not even a 3rd of the way through, not firing on all cylinders with key members constantly missing and we are at the end that matters, within one game result of top. 

let’s just say nothing improves but nothing gets worse...everyone happy at the end of the season? I would be! I can’t see Preston staying in front (although you can’t say 100%) and we are joint second on GD which will sort itself out if we continue with our points tally so far.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.