Unofficial Leeds United - Home

Visit the Chatroom

Skygod
West Brom : Pepe Mel out - BMD 2/1 with BetVictor to be replacement

Brighton : Oscar Garcia out - Tim Sherwood 1/6 with BetVictor to be replacement. (BMD 66/1)

Norwich : Neil Adams currently 'interim' - Malky Mackay 1/4 with SkyBet to be replacement. (BMD 28/1)

Blackpool : Barry Ferguson (caretaker) has left the Club - No real 'favourite' but NOT Jackie McNamara of Dundee United
Post Whore & Best Newcomer - ULUFC Annual Awards 2013/14

Post Whore & Best Researcher - ULUFC Annual Awards 2014/15
Lilly
And still our hero dithers ..

Get the finger out Don
Tony Montana
See that's why the film wasn't called "The Godmother".

[Tm1_5e122506ebbe4]

" I shall not rest until Leeds United are kicked out of the football league. There fans are the scum of the Earth, absolute animals and a disgrace. I will do everything in my power to make this happen". Kenneth William Bates Chelsea Owner and Chairman April 28th 1984.
Skygod
Tottenham : Tim Sherwood out - Mauricio Pochettino 4/5 with BetVictor to be replacement

Skygod
Tony Montana wrote:
See that's why the film wasn't called "The Godmother".

[600full-the-godmother-poster]

Skygod
Charlton : Jose Riga out

Still no new appointments made anywhere despite Club statements from Blackpool and Norwich that announcements were expected within the week.

Spitfirewhite
Neil Adams got 3 year deal last night for Norwich SG
Skygod
Thanks,

I missed that announcement. Another 'new' Manager / Head Coach, so less jobs around for the rest of them.

Ridsdales Goldfish
Wasn't Adams the bloke who caretakered and made absolutely zero difference to their shocking capitulation?

If so, happy days
Wildwood
aye, rd, thank fukc norich appointed adams...a half decent manager and they'd have had a chance of automatic prom next season.
Disclaimer: unless stated otherwise, it's meant in jest 
Skygod
Ridsdales Goldfish wrote:
Wasn't Adams the bloke who caretakered and made absolutely zero difference to their shocking capitulation?

Neil Adams managerial statistics : P:5 W:0 D:1 L:4

Wildwood
friggin hell, he makes bmac look like mourinho...

mind you, they were very tough fixtures.
Skygod
Jose Riga goes to Blackpool (13/8 favourites for relegation in 2014/15)
Bob Peeters goes to Charlton

Wildwood
just don't understand that appointment by charlton; bob peeters is a 5hite manager. but riga to blackpool isn't that bad for them.

i'm not going to worry about our situation too much...just going to enjoy my jollies and see what happens.[cool]

BB
Riga has a lot of work to do at Blackpool.

Think they have only 8 players under contract so he will have to bring in shedloads on a budget Oyston gives him which would make Bates's budgets for LUFC look generous.

BB
Daniel2
BB,
Blackpool could be the perfect team to send a couple our youngster to for a loan then. Maybe Cains, Dawson, Thompson, Walters and Taylor for 3 month to start the season. Would get them game time and allow our boys to develop.
Skygod
Sami Hyypia goes to Brighton

Lilly
Daniel2 wrote:
BB,
Blackpool could be the perfect team to send a couple our youngster to for a loan then. Maybe Cains, Dawson, Thompson, Walters and Taylor for 3 month to start the season. Would get them game time and allow our boys to develop.

Why on earth would we help out a relegation rival Daniel? And before anyone jumps down my throat, that is what we are based on form in 2014 and until we see who the coach is and what players are being brought in.
Wildwood
Quote:
Why on earth would we help out a relegation rival Daniel?

help 'em? they'd get relegated. why the heck would another championship side want players who can't get a game for one of their rivals? league two is probably a realistic option.
Daniel2
All I was thinking about is getting players game time to develop and you will notice I was thinking 3 months loans. Championship is alway better then league 2 or league 1 but if we can give them game time either of those leagues then I fine with that also.
Skygod
I feel that sending players to Blackpool would probably set them back rather than develop them.

• The training ground is a disaster which is admitted by everyone and despite all the promises by KoKo, nothing has been done to improve matters.
  • Players diets would seem to be 'suspect' with Ricardo Fuller being seen in the Football Club hotel tucking in to a 'Full English'.
  • The players 'partying' with the owners 'playthings' as suggested in another thread would also be of concern.

I'm sure we could find a better 'home' for them. Maybe even Fleetwood, where we already have a relationship as they would at least be getting League 1 matches.

BB
Yup - York, Bradford and other local teams may offer more too.
BB
Daniel2
We just need them playing football at a decent level. I do not mind even trying them out overseas like in Belgium or Austria or even Poland. Just want them playing at a level that will challenge them.

Zac Thompson played at a league 2 level and did well in 12/13 season but under BMC he was forgotten all together. He needs the challenge.

Charlie Taylor just needs to keep playing and fare a great season at Fleetwood town. Maybe he goes back there again this year till Xmas as sitting behind Warnock and White (looks that way at this moment though I still want ride of Warnock) will do nothing for him.

Dawson just need game time and that is in a league 1 level at the minimum. He has all the talent in the world but with out the game time it means nothing.

They need this sorted before the first game of the season.
BB
Byram didn't need game time elsewhere, he just needed a chance.

Mowatt does not need game time elsewhere he can develop at ER.

Playing league games is important but I think the likes of Taylor, Cook, Poleon, Walters and Dawson will get a chance this preseason.

White needs a proper run of games at LB too.

Am thinking next season will see LUFC back to the early days of DoL and the Great Don with more kids coming through the system featuring in our first team.

Not expecting promotion, just progress, pride and passion.
BB
Skygod
Alan Irvine gets the West Brom job.

Who??????

Oh yeah, the guy that got PNE into the playoffs and then took the Wendies down to League 1. (Both times with Rob Kelly as his assistant. Guess who's joining him at the Baggies?)

He's been at Everton for the last 3 years as Academy Manager and has previous spells as Academy Director at Blackburn & Newcastle.

Many fans of the Baggies are somewhat 'underwhelmed' at this announcement. [giggle]
(See, it's not ONLY us plucking names from the Academy coaches)

ParisWhites
Skygod wrote:

Many fans of the Baggies are somewhat 'underwhelmed' at this announcement. [giggle]
(See, it's not ONLY us plucking names from the Academy coaches)

Not exactly a comfort that though is it?

Skygod
And the vacant seat at Southampton has gone to Ronald Koeman.

It will be interesting to see what he's left with after all the talk of potential player exits from the Club or whether his arrival stops the possible exodus.

So that's all the current positions filled and the British managers such as Malky Mackay, David Moyes, Tim Sherwood, and Brian McDermott all remain 'unemployed'.

Ridsdales Goldfish
It's money for old rope for the bookies the managerial merry go round.

Sherwood was 1/8 the other day.

Serious money plunged on for nothing.